Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job (16895 Views)

I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings / I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! / Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job by Kristok(m): 4:11pm On Feb 02, 2016
Tell him to get another job before he quit(very important)...am currently a marketer but i won't quit until i get a better job
Re: HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job by buddylawson: 4:14pm On Feb 02, 2016
He should quit n work for himself while searching for a better job, by so doing he would have garnered a lot of experience working for himself in the so much desired field he wants. That will make him more marketable
Re: HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job by Iamhumble: 4:15pm On Feb 02, 2016
iRoyalty:
You can look for a better job, but don't quit the one you have rye now.
Hunger don wire you before??

LOL.

Yes, hunger don wire am, many times sef! Would you blame him when even the stipend is most times delayed?

Wow! thanks mods for frontpaging this...with this it is hoped my friend will finally decide.

Thanks all for your priceless contributions.

1 Like

Re: HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job by teebabykay: 4:15pm On Feb 02, 2016
guy my advice is we don't leave a job when we don't have another,endure and if u can't cope anymore don't stay home go and register for a training that you can afford u can start up your own small business from there.
Re: HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job by taurus21: 4:24pm On Feb 02, 2016
Tell your friend to look himself in the mirror and ask himself if he is truly happy. If he can't say yes right away, then it's time for change.
Don't allow yourself to be stuck in a situation you no longer want to be in, do what you have to do in order to be happy.
Instead of always trying to fix things, realize you deserve better. Stop waiting for a change and make a change.
It’s tough out there, and finding a job might take longer than he would hope for.But he should keep at it, and I know he'll find the right opportunity.

1 Like

Re: HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job by Chiccly(f): 4:33pm On Feb 02, 2016
Quit your job if you wanna

Stop seeking for advice if you have made up your mind.

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job by viktor01(m): 4:41pm On Feb 02, 2016
"4. he feels his talents and ambitions are looking unreal each day as he is not getting younger even though his dream was to marry early"

My dear, the hustling and hardship is real o, It's a majeure in the system. so much beyond our control

Life is a risk, let him take it afer all, there are people who are unemployed but are still living.
Re: HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job by ewosk: 4:48pm On Feb 02, 2016
Am in a similar situation....

Justing hanging in for a month more to see if change will occur
Re: HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job by wellmax(m): 4:59pm On Feb 02, 2016
Iamhumble:
Hi Nairalanders,

Pls kindly advise an intimate friend of mine. He wants to quit his job...

Not that he has got a better offer o. But he feels it is his inability to quit that has enslaved him to his current job.

These are his reasons for his decision to quit:

1. at his current job he is underpaid.... a peanut that hardly sustains him....as a result even nearly 30 he's unable to keep a girlfriend....no cash to spend!

2. the job neither adds value to him as a person nor to his career as any interview he attends he's told that he's not fit cos he lacks experience in the field for which he has passion and to which he had applied
3. he's scared that he's spent a year plus on his job now and might spend more with nothing to show for it in savings or benefits as the pay is peanuts although he works his ass off, of course being a hard working person
4. he feels his talents and ambitions are looking unreal each day as he is not getting younger even though his dream was to marry early.

If you care to know, my friend works part time.

I would appreciate your sincere comments. Who knows, you might change not only his situation but also that of many in his shoes.

Thanks.

Guy I had a similar experience, and you know what. i quit. Your happiness is more important than he job.

Yes you may suffer for some time, but trust me its worth it. Life is all about risks.
Re: HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job by G12(m): 5:17pm On Feb 02, 2016
Comment deleted
Re: HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 02, 2016
Man wasn't created for jobs, Jobs were created for man. I have learnt this, never do any job that won't create value for you first and for others second. If your friend knows his value, he won't settle for less. if he can't get a better offer from his present company, he should move on, sometimes we need to lose that thing we think we have and we think it's only option to get what we deserve and what is best for us. He should just take a leap of faith. Cheers mate!

2 Likes

Re: HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job by ghost08(m): 5:53pm On Feb 02, 2016
daniska3yaro:
Cut your coat according to your cloth.
This proverb advises to cut and stitch the coat
according to the cloth available in hand also
warns that the size of the coat should not exceed the piece of the cloth in hand. Or else the coat will be unfit to wear or the cloth will become wasted, being not able to make a wearable cast.
It is necessary for everyone to make a proper plan before one begins to put any task into practice. A person who spends more than his income will soon fall into trouble.
He has to face the financial problems and hardships and thereby mental agony. So this proverb instructs to live within our means and resources. Those who do not know to make both ends meet would suffer much and
their lives would become miserable. Thus
harmony and proportion are very much essentials for income and expenditure.
Some people are showy in life in order to make
others to think that they are sophisticated and
rich. Seeing others being rich and great one
should not imagine oneself like them. One must
build a castle on the ground… not in the air…
with a strong foundation…that too within his
means and ability so as it should stand last long.
When building is constructed the base must be
very strong to bear the weight of the whole
building. If one does something without knowing his limitation he will soon repent his action.
If a person spends more than one’s income, he will have fall in some or the other peril. So this
proverb we should spend money according to our income and resources.

I have no idea what u just said
Re: HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job by freeman191(m): 6:01pm On Feb 02, 2016
@OP

Please OP, the problem with us in this part of Nigeria is always the fear of the unknown, thats why we blacks were enslaved for so long, because we got used to our masters, same thing with a job. Any job that is not fulfilling you inside should not be managed or tolerated, please tell your friend to quit after a full month's pay, to either get creative and try something new, or look for a job that will fulfill him, it may take time, even some great tough times, but he will get there.

Short story i had a friend who is a chartered accountant, got a 40k job, got fed up, left after some months, stayed back 4months, got another job, for 50k left after 2months, same reason, stayed 6months, got another job paying 70k, salary was not paid after 2months, due to company issue, left there, got another one after 2months for 70k, while went for an interview, where he rejected a boring job with good pay, but after 4 months in this job, he got a great offer over 150k with car, now he is currently there enjoying himself, and expanding his career.

Moral of the story, he was not afraid to take risk now, to enjoy in the future, life is too short to be afraid, dont wake up when you are 50yrs with nothing but bills with no employable skill, you will regret not taking action when you were younger.

1 Like

Re: HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job by seggzz(m): 6:04pm On Feb 02, 2016
Iamhumble:
Hi Nairalanders,

Not that he has got a better offer o. But he feels it is his inability to quit that has enslaved him to his current job.

1. at his current job he is underpaid.... a peanut that hardly sustains him....as a result even nearly 30 he's unable to keep a girlfriend....no cash to spend!

2. the job neither adds value to him as a person nor to his career as any interview he attends he's told that he's not fit cos he lacks experience in the field for which he has passion and to which he had applied
3. he's scared that he's spent a year plus on his job now and might spend more with nothing to show for it in savings or benefits as the pay is peanuts although he works his ass off, of course being a hard working person
4. he feels his talents and ambitions are looking unreal each day as he is not getting younger even though his dream was to marry early.

I would appreciate your sincere comments. Who knows, you might change not only his situation but also that of many in his shoes.

Thanks.

Before I say anything relating to advice, kindly answer these questions ;
1.What do you major in? I mean what did you study in uni?
2. What is the type of job are you doing now that is not adding value to you? Are you packing shit(faeces)?
3. Are you thinking of the money or the values?
4. Do you have other means of survival if you quit this job? I'm sure your mate do travel abroad to wash old women b**m.
Re: HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job by tr3y(m): 6:13pm On Feb 02, 2016
If he has some cash that will last him the next 3 months he should quit and follow his dream.

I was recently told to go on a compulsory leave at my present place of work, along the line I got another job but with half of what I am receiving and even more workload and workdays(Saturday) when I did plus and minus my already halved take home will be halved once more.

I just decided to walk away after few days as the work is not even in my line of interest plus na all this Oga dey come office atmosphere.

Bottomline, he should quit if he has some change to manage while he will be looking for job else he should just continue this one and also be on the lookout as well.
Re: HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job by chxe: 6:21pm On Feb 02, 2016
Stay put until u get something else
Re: HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 02, 2016
Please...if u need my job, comman have it!
Re: HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job by Eteriayaoba(f): 7:35pm On Feb 02, 2016
Let your friend work on his self esteem and not limit himself!

He is feeling low because he expected he should not where he is now, but he better be sure of what will get him occupied when he leaves otherwise, he will hate himself afterwards.

personally, I will advise he looks beyond his present situation, keep the desired status alive, be HAPPY and GRATEFUL for what he has for no condition is permanent. my cent!

1 Like

Re: HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job by yommysure(m): 7:41pm On Feb 02, 2016
G12:
Does your friend have a computer and modem? If he knows how to use the internet, he should quit.

I never regret not going back when a boss told me to take my back and go home for a peanut job.

It's just about one year ago after the experience. Now I have in savings, minus expenses for my comfort, more than the total salary he could have paid in 12 months (minus expenses: tp, feeding, etc) and I'm going back to school for my M.Sc.

I have a pc and modem,can you give me an idea on how to make cash on the net. Thanks
Re: HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job by Nobody: 7:55pm On Feb 02, 2016
You guys are forgetting something...... How can you say a guy @ 30 should forget about girlfriend?? If that happens is it by 40 he'll should start thinking of settling down??

The point is if he is not satisfied let him leave or is he compelled to stay there?? And how on earth will I be working and I have no joy working and no value added to me.... That is absurd but considering our economy I'll just say he should stay and be on the look out.. God will make a way

1 Like

Re: HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job by Engineermbugame(m): 9:04pm On Feb 02, 2016
Na cause of d unemployment i go learn hand skils (plumber)before i enter school i knew hw much i got d last time i got a contract 30k for 3days.
Re: HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job by otikpoko(m): 11:10pm On Feb 02, 2016
Iamhumble:
Hi Nairalanders,

Thanks.

Pm me his Number.

I will Offer him a better Job in My Company.
Re: HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job by yemi15(m): 12:42am On Feb 03, 2016
doubleTT:
Rewriting My History...

My dear friend,

A few days ago, I started rewriting my history! And you are wondering how? A few days ago, I went global! A few days ago, a home boy like me with nothing much going for me, signed up as an INTERNATIONAL AFFILIATE with FGXPRESS.

I never believed how easy it was going to be. I was told by a gentleman that if I visited the website and liked the efficacy of products and the uniqueness of the business opportunity, all I needed to do was pull out my ATM (debit) Card, and within 15-30 minutes, I would fill an online form, select products of my choice and...zoom...I would become an international affiliate, all with just $162.

Of course I asked and he said that even though I would be paying to the Company in America, I would get my products within 48 hours through a local Pick-up Center. Really?

Despite my doubts, the whole thing looked so simple and made a lot of sense to me. Besides, the exchange rate to be applied was not just that their horrifying 300-and-something-Naira-to-the-Dollar, but the official Bank rate of N289.

So, as my doubts subsided, I hurriedly pulled out my Card and signed up with about N47,000!

And then, exciting things began to happen...

~ Instantly, I received my own personalized website, www.trustbiz.fgxpress.com (I coined the name TRUSTBIZ myself!). To me, this is like having a portion of Konga or Jumia to sell what they are selling and sharing their profit, only that with this one, the whole world is my marketplace (see why I told you I started rewriting my history today?).

~ sometime later, I received a welcome email from the Chairman, Founder and CEO of FGXpress, Mr Ron Williams. So he knows me as his business partner though we're miles apart. Wao!

~ I also received an e-invoice stating the exact details of the transaction, so that if anything went wrong along the way, I would be aware. Guess what, nothing went wrong!!

~ This was followed by an email from the technical team at the HQ recommending how I could start making Dollars...as in, real USD...with my website (www.trustbiz.fgxpress.com) EVERY WEEK.

~ Lastly, after they notified him of my sign-up, the gentleman who recommended the business to me personally sent me an email welcoming me to his GreenPoint Team and introducing me to his exciting GreenPoint System (GPS), which is going to help me roll in the Dollars (can't wait!).

Thanks for reading my story this far, my friend. But why should all of this be of interest to you?

You may have heard about online business and always believed it is difficult to do or that it's all a scam...

or you may have heard of Network Marketing but can't just stomach what you see most Networkers do...pestering people to "join", logging bags of products around and shoving them in the faces of people, hoping someone would be kind enough to buy...

or you may actually be a Network Marketer still operating in the outdated, analog mode where people must gather at a particular room or hall before your tell them about your business; where people pretend to be giving out jobs by announcing non-existing "Vacancies"; where you are nothing more than a local player because you concentrate all your recruiting efforts on your locality at worst or within your country at best, thereby missing out on huge huge income potential of making the whole world your business playground...

or you may have tried online business or Network Marketing before and failed...

or you're one of those who believe that their job or normal business would never allow them time do Online Network Marketing profitably...

or you have never even heard of Network Marketing, not to mention Online Network Marketing...

If you are in any of these situations, my friend, then NOW is the time to come home, now is the time to make the move over to a world-class Online Network Marketing System that does much of the work for you.

It comes complete with a personalized website in your name, where ANYBODY located ANYWHERE in the world can go ANYTIME and sign up to join your network or order products of their choice from FGX. The Company (not you) will then ship their products to them (that's their job!) and YOU GET PAID your profit share...beginning at 25%...in Dollars in your country. Talk about business without borders!

The system also comes with your own robust web office where YOU monitor the results of your marketing efforts and your weekly Dollar earnings.

In this unique global business, you also enjoy the continuous support and guidance of experienced online marketing professionals from different parts of the world, beginning with the GreenPoint System (GPS).

Can you now see why I quickly signed up with $162, though it wasn't easy for me?

Yes, it's because FGXpress has made it SIMPLER and EASIER for ANYBODY, including people like you and me, to make big money in network marketing. You can now understand why I said I've received an opportunity to rewrite my history.

Do you also want to make today a historical day for yourself just like I did? Have you been looking for a chance to rewrite your history and transform your life? Then go right away to:

www.trustbiz.fgxpress.com

I cant wait to welcome you to FGXPRESS.

Welcome home.
Sincerely,

PS:
My friend, we live in the 21st Century, the era of tell me, then show me and then prove it. So I won't blame you if you don't believe everything I said here. Please feel free to do your own research. It will only take you a few minutes to search for FGXPRESS at Google or YouTube. When you're done, don't forget to go and take action at:

www.trustbiz.fgxpress.com

If you need my help at any point, please call/SMS/whatsapp me on:+2348038160021

Success!

These network marketing idiots are here again smh, they are just looking for people to scam lol, nairaland mods should ban such people. My 2 cents.
Re: HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job by jashar(f): 9:02am On Feb 03, 2016
DoraCuzz:
Please...if u need my job, comman have it!

I'm coming. grin. Where you @?

otikpoko:

Pm me his Number.
I will Offer him a better Job in My Company.

Shey make I send you PM too? grin
Re: HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job by bathowsai1(m): 9:44am On Feb 03, 2016
In this world, your NOs are as important as your YESes. Saying no more to the job, may just be the most important decision he'll make this year. I wish him all the best.
Re: HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job by Eve62(f): 10:22am On Feb 03, 2016
jashar:
Let him quit.

and wot happens after dat? wot er u reasoning wit sef?
Re: HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job by jashar(f): 12:22pm On Feb 03, 2016
Eve62:

and wot happens after dat? wot er u reasoning wit sef?

Your point is? undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Get Sacked From Your Workplace? / Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! / Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.