Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,205 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

1 In 7 People In The World Now Use Whatsapp - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 1 In 7 People In The World Now Use Whatsapp (11361 Views)

How To Install And Use Whatsapp Without Phone Number / How To Use Whatsapp Data Bundle With MTN Simcard To Power All Apps 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1 In 7 People In The World Now Use Whatsapp by Olasco93: 8:49pm On Feb 03, 2016
BBM would have taken the lead a long time ago, but they were just too comfortable in an uncomfortable position restricting themselves of the blessings that suppose to follow. It's good to look ahead, think and project into the future...

1 Like

Re: 1 In 7 People In The World Now Use Whatsapp by christejames(m): 8:52pm On Feb 03, 2016
IVORY2009:

Pa James! reason well na shocked
me Pa James? Uncle Ivory.
Re: 1 In 7 People In The World Now Use Whatsapp by menxer: 9:05pm On Feb 03, 2016
I use whatsapp and would gladly have paid to use it, because I keep wondering how do they make the money to stay in business when it's given free?
Re: 1 In 7 People In The World Now Use Whatsapp by Nobody: 9:10pm On Feb 03, 2016
MY DAD KEPT ASKING ME TO GET HIM A 3G ENABLED PHONE SO HE COULD ALWAYS READ THE NEWS AS THEY BREAK ONLINE, DAYS LATER HE SENT ME A "HI" ON WHATSAPP.WHATSAPP IS SERIOUSLY TAKING OVER...

1 Like

Re: 1 In 7 People In The World Now Use Whatsapp by zurine(f): 9:14pm On Feb 03, 2016
interesting
Re: 1 In 7 People In The World Now Use Whatsapp by datGuyJoo: 9:32pm On Feb 03, 2016
WhatsApps original business plan was to charge for the service. Between $0.99 - $3.00 depending on what part of the world you are and what partnerships they had with mobile carriers.
Now they probably made a lot then because they had over 500 million users x $1.oo(minimum amount charged) x multiply by 3 years( 2013 when they introduced the charge) = a lot of KFC for life.

Since WhatsApp stopped charging, chances are they are targeting big corporations who have the money to pay for the huge user list ( 1 billion users+) and your phone numbers will be given to them to use to target their marketing towards you.
Example: Your bank asks you to check off a form that’s asks if you use WhatsApp and then they can send out mass marketing messages directed to you.

Remember. Nothing…. Is… free.. Ever.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1 In 7 People In The World Now Use Whatsapp by omogidi234(m): 9:33pm On Feb 03, 2016
Raphtop:
idonbelieveit
does 1 in 7 even use phone?
not to talk of whatsapp

You know that is what this statistic people do. 1 in 7 is even good, haven't you read report where they said that an average Nigerian has two mobile lines. I tend to wonder whether the toddlers too have phones.
Re: 1 In 7 People In The World Now Use Whatsapp by Booty4me: 9:51pm On Feb 03, 2016
S̶̲̥̅Ơ true.. ℓ can attest t̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̇̇̇ †̥hα̲̅†.. Have chatted with millions of randy guys with it..
Re: 1 In 7 People In The World Now Use Whatsapp by Youngpo413: 11:12pm On Feb 03, 2016
^ and they will tap that ass in return.
Re: 1 In 7 People In The World Now Use Whatsapp by ayindejimmy(m): 11:13pm On Feb 03, 2016
leksbore:
just wished some telecommunications company in Nigeria can just be like WhatsApp as in free,,,,but reverse is d case in pur country,, we still have to pay to use WhatsApp at least it ought to be like 25naira for a month,,,,, after all its now free.
It's #60 for a month on mtn
Re: 1 In 7 People In The World Now Use Whatsapp by Code45: 12:14am On Feb 04, 2016
Emeskhalifa:
handwork of Zuckgaberg sha. dat man is jus blessed
Is he the owner of WhatsApp too?
Re: 1 In 7 People In The World Now Use Whatsapp by foriz4u(m): 12:24am On Feb 04, 2016
Emeskhalifa:

he's still a young guy under 30. graduated some years back n the facebook we all use was his project work. he recently acquired whatsapp from a little boy who originally has it just last yr.

the question is, what has a Nigeria child done with his leisure time apart from ps2, bbm, Twitter, whatsapp, facebook n others chatting n flirting.
everyone wants to study petroleum to work in oil coy no one wants to write a code, craft making, design or other self made artistic.

I hope we all get it right.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1 In 7 People In The World Now Use Whatsapp by Nobody: 5:20am On Feb 04, 2016
1 In 7 People In The World Now Use Gmail
Re: 1 In 7 People In The World Now Use Whatsapp by Nobody: 5:21am On Feb 04, 2016
Code45:

Yes and Instagram
Re: 1 In 7 People In The World Now Use Whatsapp by xMrPx(m): 5:55am On Feb 04, 2016
grin
Re: 1 In 7 People In The World Now Use Whatsapp by xMrPx(m): 5:58am On Feb 04, 2016
Emeskhalifa:

Jan Koum and Brian Acton'. They found whatsapp

1 Like

Re: 1 In 7 People In The World Now Use Whatsapp by LordCenturion(m): 6:45am On Feb 04, 2016
Emeskhalifa:

Handwork of mark?, abi handwork of Google that make android available to everyone,, unlike selfish apple,, if it's only apple nobody will have access to ipod or ipad

2 Likes

Re: 1 In 7 People In The World Now Use Whatsapp by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 04, 2016
You forgot they all want to rap and be like olamide and the rest. smh for our generation especially Africans.
If Trump talks now,they will start wailing.

foriz4u:

he's still a young guy under 30. graduated some years back n the facebook we all use was his project work. he recently acquired whatsapp from a little boy who originally has it just last yr.

the question is, what has a Nigeria child done with his leisure time apart from ps2, bbm, Twitter, whatsapp, facebook n others chatting n flirting.
everyone wants to study petroleum to work in oil coy no one wants to write a code, craft making, design or other self made artistic.

I hope we all get it right.
Re: 1 In 7 People In The World Now Use Whatsapp by foriz4u(m): 10:46am On Feb 04, 2016
peppyluv02:
You forgot they all want to rap and be like olamide and the rest. smh for our generation especially Africans.
If Trump talks now,they will start wailing.

sometimes you ladies are the contributing factor as most ladies want a super star or super model who will spoil her with all the wealth of life.
no lady wants to suffer and work with a struggling guy to attain his God given potential every lady wants an already made man. but it doesn't work that way.
Re: 1 In 7 People In The World Now Use Whatsapp by Nobody: 2:04pm On Feb 04, 2016
Emeskhalifa:

See as you murder the name grin
Re: 1 In 7 People In The World Now Use Whatsapp by Emeskhalifa(m): 4:11pm On Feb 04, 2016
Code45:

yeah i guess. there was speculation of him buying it.

LordCenturion:

Handwork of mark?, abi handwork of Google that make android available to everyone,, unlike selfish apple,, if it's only apple nobody will have access to ipod or ipad
but whatsapp is on both iOS and nokia nana undecided

xMrPx:

Jan Koum and Brian Acton'. They found whatsapp
thought they've sold it to him na?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Glo Overload Recharge Bonus Promo / Warning!! Etisalat Monthly 1gb For 1000 Naira Is A Scam! / Airtel's WTF Bundle Gives You Access To Unlimited Chatting For 200 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.