Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,369 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Worst Experience With Salvagedrive.com In The US. Are They A Scamming Company?? - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Worst Experience With Salvagedrive.com In The US. Are They A Scamming Company?? (2922 Views)

My Great Auction Experience With Kakaki 06 RX 330 Deliivered! / Bigdeals Has Scamming Tendency. Buyers Beware! / My Wonderful Experience With CITYHOOD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worst Experience With Salvagedrive.com In The US. Are They A Scamming Company?? by mishooo(m): 3:05pm On May 29, 2016
otunbakolawole:
@mishooo send me a private message. Or is your olumathias email working?

ok. it is working.
Re: Worst Experience With Salvagedrive.com In The US. Are They A Scamming Company?? by artfuldudger: 12:57pm On Jul 24, 2016
mishooo:
Hello House,
I showed interest in a car on SalvageDrive.com last year Sept and was sent an invoice. Immediately they started calling my phone line everyday for me to pay. I was contacted on Phone by 2 of their staffs - Jeniffer and Joseph. I explained the difficulty of paying from Nigeria because of the restriction on dollar by the CBN and asked that they give me all the other alternatives to pay apart from Bank Wire. There was none. I had all the money for the buying and shipping prepared and ready as my client(the car owner) paid for everything.
So i resulted in crediting my friend in the US through his GTBank account. All these while the 2 representatives were following me up (although later, it was only Jeniffer that was calling everyday). I asked for some few days so as to enable my friend complete the withdrawal (as there were limitations to withdrawals in the US), which she obliged and gave me the last day she can wait for. I liaised with my friend and he wired the money to them on the said date.
They promptly updated my online account within 2 weeks and sent a mail that they are doing the final checking et al so it can be shipped promptly. I waited for 4 weeks and then tried calling the numbers they used to call me just to verify, but the numbers were not going through. I went to their site and tried all the numbers but they were not picking up. My friend (who help me transferred the money) in the US tried calling the numbers as well at different intervals but they did not pick up. I sent hundreds of mails and for months no one answered nor replied me. I still kept sending the mails doggedly and my friend suggested we retrieve the money since it was paid through his bank. We set about that but hit a brick wall when the bank representative said they (SalvageDrive.com) declined to return my money. I still have their online receipt on their site but that was all i got. I asked several people of what to do and learnt i cant report them since its a transaction that was carried out privately.
Just mid November, a new agent got across to me and said that Joseph is no more working with the company and he is now taking over his clients. His name was Michael. He promised to help me trace the car. i still kept contacting him and he replies his mails like once in 4 weeks despite sending mails for gentle reminders like 3-4 times a week. He told me early Jan that my car got stuck at the Port and he will need to make investigations as to why it was delayed. he promised to get back to me the following week. That was 3 weeks ago and he hasnt replied my mails since then again. I have sent mails to all the contacts on their sites (i.e info@salvagedrive.com, support@salvageDrive.com, joseph@salvageDrive.com, jennifer@salvagedrive.com, sales@salvagedrive.com, shipping@salvagedrive.com, legal@salvagedrive.com, nigeria@salvagedrive.com etc) but no one responded.
Part of the challenge i have is that they do not pick their phones and i am not sure if they are a genuine company as (apart from their sites), i didn't get much info about their activities online. Their address looks even phony. My friend said we may get a lawyer and sue them but I am not sure if that is a good idea.
I seriously need advice as i do not know what to do about the situation.
mishooo:
Hello House,
I showed interest in a car on SalvageDrive.com last year Sept and was sent an invoice. Immediately they started calling my phone line everyday for me to pay. I was contacted on Phone by 2 of their staffs - Jeniffer and Joseph. I explained the difficulty of paying from Nigeria because of the restriction on dollar by the CBN and asked that they give me all the other alternatives to pay apart from Bank Wire. There was none. I had all the money for the buying and shipping prepared and ready as my client(the car owner) paid for everything.
So i resulted in crediting my friend in the US through his GTBank account. All these while the 2 representatives were following me up (although later, it was only Jeniffer that was calling everyday). I asked for some few days so as to enable my friend complete the withdrawal (as there were limitations to withdrawals in the US), which she obliged and gave me the last day she can wait for. I liaised with my friend and he wired the money to them on the said date.
They promptly updated my online account within 2 weeks and sent a mail that they are doing the final checking et al so it can be shipped promptly. I waited for 4 weeks and then tried calling the numbers they used to call me just to verify, but the numbers were not going through. I went to their site and tried all the numbers but they were not picking up. My friend (who help me transferred the money) in the US tried calling the numbers as well at different intervals but they did not pick up. I sent hundreds of mails and for months no one answered nor replied me. I still kept sending the mails doggedly and my friend suggested we retrieve the money since it was paid through his bank. We set about that but hit a brick wall when the bank representative said they (SalvageDrive.com) declined to return my money. I still have their online receipt on their site but that was all i got. I asked several people of what to do and learnt i cant report them since its a transaction that was carried out privately.
Just mid November, a new agent got across to me and said that Joseph is no more working with the company and he is now taking over his clients. His name was Michael. He promised to help me trace the car. i still kept contacting him and he replies his mails like once in 4 weeks despite sending mails for gentle reminders like 3-4 times a week. He told me early Jan that my car got stuck at the Port and he will need to make investigations as to why it was delayed. he promised to get back to me the following week. That was 3 weeks ago and he hasnt replied my mails since then again. I have sent mails to all the contacts on their sites (i.e info@salvagedrive.com, support@salvageDrive.com, joseph@salvageDrive.com, jennifer@salvagedrive.com, sales@salvagedrive.com, shipping@salvagedrive.com, legal@salvagedrive.com, nigeria@salvagedrive.com etc) but no one responded.
Part of the challenge i have is that they do not pick their phones and i am not sure if they are a genuine company as (apart from their sites), i didn't get much info about their activities online. Their address looks even phony. My friend said we may get a lawyer and sue them but I am not sure if that is a good idea.
I seriously need advice as i do not know what to do about the situation.

I have used the site before. The present car I drive, I bought it from them. I can recommend them to anyone. The issues you have is a minor you. You can contact me on 08038090553.
Re: Worst Experience With Salvagedrive.com In The US. Are They A Scamming Company?? by 4dchairman(m): 3:05am On Jul 27, 2016
artfuldudger:

I have used the site before. The present car I drive, I bought it from them. I can recommend them to anyone. The issues you have is a minor you. You can contact me on 08038090553.
THOSE GUYS ARE SCAMMERS, DON'T TRADE WITH THEM OR ANY OF THEIR COHORTS, THEY ARE USA SCAMS.
Re: Worst Experience With Salvagedrive.com In The US. Are They A Scamming Company?? by nature2ab: 2:01pm On Aug 26, 2016
I also fell a victim 2 this guy's, I bought 2008 Mazda cx7 and I paid them $6880. These guys should 2 call me everyday with their costumer care named Boris Keyser after I finished paying dey vanished and returned 2 a month later with a different correspondent named Joseph. He told me Boris is no longer with them and he is taking over. More than a year now I have not head 4rm them again.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Direct From USA... 2007 Kia Sportage @ ₦2,650,000 Asking / In Need Of Someone To Buy A Car For Him For Uber Business. / 2014 Volkswagen Tiguan Toks N6.5mil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.