Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

(photos) Nigeria's First Locally-built Helicopter Nears Completion - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / (photos) Nigeria's First Locally-built Helicopter Nears Completion (2763 Views)

Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (Tsaigumi) - The First Locally Made In Nigerian Drone / 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / 5-Seater Helicopter Built By A Boy In Kogi With Local Materials. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(photos) Nigeria's First Locally-built Helicopter Nears Completion by Nobody: 10:25pm On Feb 02, 2016
– The first locally-built helicopter in Nigeria has been given a face-lift

– Paul Onah has painted his invention

– The only thing left is for the helicopter to gain buoyancy and fly in the air

When Naij.com’s team interviewed Mr Paul Onah, a resident of Jobele in Oyo, Oyo state on Monday, December 14, 2015, little did people would have ever imagined that a Nigerian would be able to gather materials to build a helicopter.

READ ALSO: Can Nigeria’s First Ever Locally-Built Helicopter Fly?

The interest of Naij.com was on Onah and the details of how the semi-literate man built the helicopter was reported. The results from the follow up story shows that the machine has now been painted. The only remaining thing is for the Benue-state born welder turned inventor is to get more technological expertise on how to make the helicopter fly in the air eventually.

The proud Onah was very boastful regarding his invention as he said:

Below are photos from the recent works and painting carried out by Mr Paul Onah: ”Yes! By the grace of God. It will still fly if I finally get the remaining needed materials.”

https://i.onthe.io/vllkyt4qkcff2sdve.0077b31f.jpg

https://i.onthe.io/vllkyt6ptqpsrimoh.41d65d1e.jpg

https://www.naij.com/717165-good-news-nigerias-first-locally-built-helicopter-nears-completion-photos.html

Re: (photos) Nigeria's First Locally-built Helicopter Nears Completion by macfish101(m): 11:01pm On Feb 02, 2016
Alright......who is gonna run the test flight Buhari I hope we place mattress around the flight zone just in case....Made in Naija Chopper.
Re: (photos) Nigeria's First Locally-built Helicopter Nears Completion by RobinHez(m): 6:29am On Feb 03, 2016
That thing can NEVER fly. Ask any aeronautic Engineer to explain why... undecided
Re: (photos) Nigeria's First Locally-built Helicopter Nears Completion by sokar(m): 6:46am On Feb 03, 2016
RobinHez:
That thing can NEVER fly. Ask any aeronautic Engineer to explain why... undecided

cheesy You don't need an engineer to tell you that the only way that thing is flying anywhere is as a passenger in an actual aircraft.
Re: (photos) Nigeria's First Locally-built Helicopter Nears Completion by RobinHez(m): 7:46am On Feb 03, 2016
sokar:

cheesy You don't need an engineer to tell you that the only way that thing is flying anywhere is as a passenger in an actual aircraft.

Ikr.. . I put that clause there to deter anyone from asking me any useless question.
Re: (photos) Nigeria's First Locally-built Helicopter Nears Completion by MansaMoussa: 8:45am On Feb 06, 2016
Fly with these chukuli rotors?
Re: (photos) Nigeria's First Locally-built Helicopter Nears Completion by Nobody: 3:42pm On Feb 06, 2016
Bristows Helicopters... "come and see oooooo"
if that thing fly eh... make i bend like copper wire grin
Re: (photos) Nigeria's First Locally-built Helicopter Nears Completion by Dekatron(m): 6:51pm On Feb 06, 2016
*Facepalm*

This is an Insult. . . To engineering. Not again!! *sad face*

And its not an invention. We already have planes and helis
Re: (photos) Nigeria's First Locally-built Helicopter Nears Completion by Sphilip1(m): 10:07pm On Feb 06, 2016
Hy... Dont say what you dont know... Its just a thing about funding... Funds will make it fly...
Re: (photos) Nigeria's First Locally-built Helicopter Nears Completion by Nobody: 11:21pm On Feb 06, 2016
warris dis grin grin grin
Re: (photos) Nigeria's First Locally-built Helicopter Nears Completion by kcemma(m): 5:00am On Feb 07, 2016
NICE

(1) (Reply)

Ccna Training In Abuja, Duration 1 Month 31days / (PHOTO) Four Young Nigerian Girls Create Urine-fueled Generator / Power Your Sensitive Appliances With Online Ups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.