Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,355 members, 7,836,455 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Fayose Counsels Buhari Over Foreign Trips, Says; “ The Trips Bleed The Economy" - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Counsels Buhari Over Foreign Trips, Says; “ The Trips Bleed The Economy" (22182 Views)

$1m On Foreign Trips: Fayose Can Say ‘ Whatever He Likes’ – Buhari / Fayose Counsels Buhari Over Incessant Foreign Trips, Says; / APC ‘influencing’ Tribunal Judgements Is Worse Than Corruption, Fayose Counsels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayose Counsels Buhari Over Foreign Trips, Says; “ The Trips Bleed The Economy" by aresa: 2:35pm On Feb 03, 2016
Coming from the same loser who jets to Dubai every week and spends his governing time with market women in ekiti...

What a clown... just wait, your immunity go soon expire..
Re: Fayose Counsels Buhari Over Foreign Trips, Says; “ The Trips Bleed The Economy" by onatisi(m): 2:39pm On Feb 03, 2016
Glock9:

Agreed he has a point. All the same if the trips yield fruit like someone else said, it is justified. Fayose should clean up in his house first.
This is what gani fawehimi was telling obj then ,our presidents don't need to go round begging like an beggar if we put all the necessary policies and infrastructures in place. Nigeria is the biggest market in Africa,the most populous black nation in the world,Nigeria accounts for over 50% of ecowas market. We have no business going to meet investors ,they will come begging if and only if the right things are in place. Nigeria is an investors haven where your profit is sure once you have the right product. The market is there already. I thought apc said they knew these things
Re: Fayose Counsels Buhari Over Foreign Trips, Says; “ The Trips Bleed The Economy" by Glock9(m): 2:45pm On Feb 03, 2016
onatisi:

This is what gani fawehimi was telling obj then ,our presidents don't need to go round begging like an beggar if we put all the necessary policies and infrastructures in place. Nigeria is the biggest market in Africa,the most populous black nation in the world,Nigeria accounts for over 50% of ecowas market. We have no business going to meet investors ,they will come begging if and only if the right things are in place. Nigeria is an investors haven where your profit is sure once you have the right product. The market is there already. I thought apc said they knew these things

Yes you are right. But in a case where the infrastructure is not there. We have to find other means to bring them here which is part of what he is doing. Putting the infrastructure in place will take long. Though investors are also taking a leap of faith too.
Re: Fayose Counsels Buhari Over Foreign Trips, Says; “ The Trips Bleed The Economy" by onatisi(m): 2:55pm On Feb 03, 2016
Glock9:

Yes you are right. But in a case where the infrastructure is not there. We have to find other means to bring them here which is part of what he is doing. Putting the infrastructure in place will take long. Though investors are also taking a leap of faith too.

But the problem is there is nothing on ground for over 8 months to show that this government is thinking of putting the infrastructures in place. Buhari doesn't need to globetrot before making our power supply stable and neither does he need to go to Germany before fixing our roads. What many don't understand is that these investors have ppl on ground in Nigeria that gives them first hand information about all the happenings in the country,so going to them will not change their decisions based on the informations they have gotten.
Secondly,no investor will commit huge amount of money in an economy that hasn't got stable political policies . On this I will give kudos to buhari,he has allowed the system under gej to still continue because changing abruptly will cause a lot of damage. Whether we like it or not ,Nigeria is at a state of economic emergency that requires the number 1 citizen to lead by example to motivate the people. Nigeria presently has a president who is not motivating at all and has created a communication gap between him and the people.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Counsels Buhari Over Foreign Trips, Says; “ The Trips Bleed The Economy" by Glock9(m): 2:57pm On Feb 03, 2016
onatisi:

But the problem is there is nothing on ground for over 8 months to show that this government is thinking of putting the infrastructures in place. Buhari doesn't need to globetrot before making our power supply stable and neither does he need to go to Germany before fixing our roads. What many don't understand is that these investors have ppl on ground in Nigeria that gives them first hand information about all the happenings in the country,so going to them will not change their decisions based on the informations they have gotten.
Secondly,no investor will commit huge amount of money in an economy that hasn't got stable political policies . On this I will give kudos to buhari,he has allowed the system under gej to still continue because changing abruptly will cause a lot of damage. Whether we like it or not ,Nigeria is at a state of economic emergency that requires the number 1 citizen to lead by example to motivate the people. Nigeria presently has a president who is not motivating at all and has created a communication gap between him and the people.

Really, he is dragging. We don't have the time for that. His actions will determine our economic future. Also we are still feeling the effects of GEJ's administration. There really is no time.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Counsels Buhari Over Foreign Trips, Says; “ The Trips Bleed The Economy" by onatisi(m): 3:05pm On Feb 03, 2016
Glock9:

Really, he is dragging. We don't have the time for that. His actions will determine our economic future. Also we are still feeling the effects of GEJ's administration. There really is no time.
Thank god you now understand why many are critics of this government.the only way to silence your critics and opposition is to perform and deliver ,then they will have nothing tangible to talk about. But it took buhari over 6 months to appoint ministers and even up till now they haven't done anything. We all know that the nation needs time to recover but we have to start early and now ,this government has wasted 12 months already remaining 3 years by 2018 it will be election fevers again everywhere which means buhari has just 24months to prove to Nigerians that apc wasn't a mistake
Re: Fayose Counsels Buhari Over Foreign Trips, Says; “ The Trips Bleed The Economy" by BushidoBlue(m): 3:10pm On Feb 03, 2016
alrahmanonline:

you should be ashamed of yourself for believing this concorted lie from Fayose,
it is you that I'll call unbelievable

Oga alrahmanonline, oya it's been 8 months and no investors.. why did South Africa swerve Nigeria and choose to buy oil from Iran instead of Nigeria, her Africa sister??
And you said I should not estimate how much the president has spent in 8 months of governance.

No Oga, it is you that should cover his face in shame.
Re: Fayose Counsels Buhari Over Foreign Trips, Says; “ The Trips Bleed The Economy" by adekolaelect(m): 3:14pm On Feb 03, 2016
But ur trip 2 dubai 4rm ekiti na free?
Re: Fayose Counsels Buhari Over Foreign Trips, Says; “ The Trips Bleed The Economy" by saudatu(m): 3:31pm On Feb 03, 2016
Kudos to Fayose on this. I thinks it's time Mr. President realise that all his foreign trip won't us as a nation. ALL WE NEED IS HOME GROWN SOLUTION...
Re: Fayose Counsels Buhari Over Foreign Trips, Says; “ The Trips Bleed The Economy" by j1mmy: 3:44pm On Feb 03, 2016
Buhari is slowly becoming a liability to the country!

Impeach him now!

1 Like

Re: Fayose Counsels Buhari Over Foreign Trips, Says; “ The Trips Bleed The Economy" by toprealman: 3:58pm On Feb 03, 2016
Glock9:

Agreed he has a point. All the same if the trips yield fruit like someone else said, it is justified. Fayose should clean up in his house first.
No sir, delegation is key. You can use your vice, ministers etc....but not bubu, not a chance!

1 Like

Re: Fayose Counsels Buhari Over Foreign Trips, Says; “ The Trips Bleed The Economy" by Glock9(m): 4:07pm On Feb 03, 2016
toprealman:
No sir, delegation is key. You can use your vice, ministers etc....but not bubu, not a chance!

Yes sir. You are right. But I wonder if a delegate other than the VP will carry as much weight as the President unless there are several of them which makes more sense.
Re: Fayose Counsels Buhari Over Foreign Trips, Says; “ The Trips Bleed The Economy" by tayefad(m): 4:33pm On Feb 03, 2016
Wailer,VP s around dat s y pmb free to travel coz he no VP s capable to rule so ifayose shuld jst kp quite instead of him to fink ao to move ekite 4rw his cutting ponmon up&dnw.
Re: Fayose Counsels Buhari Over Foreign Trips, Says; “ The Trips Bleed The Economy" by Glock9(m): 4:41pm On Feb 03, 2016
onatisi:

Thank god you now understand why many are critics of this government.the only way to silence your critics and opposition is to perform and deliver ,then they will have nothing tangible to talk about. But it took buhari over 6 months to appoint ministers and even up till now they haven't done anything. We all know that the nation needs time to recover but we have to start early and now ,this government has wasted 12 months already remaining 3 years by 2018 it will be election fevers again everywhere which means buhari has just 24months to prove to Nigerians that apc wasn't a mistake

The sad part is people's perception of the change mechanism is changing. Its almost like what he is focused on is recouping embezzled funds which is good but can be delegated. He needs to deliver. If he will deliver he has to put things on ground and I don't see any as far as I am concerned.

Re: Fayose Counsels Buhari Over Foreign Trips, Says; “ The Trips Bleed The Economy" by jerecrown(m): 4:57pm On Feb 03, 2016
Dullard ve ntin to offer nigeria especially youth dan to travel all over d world
Re: Fayose Counsels Buhari Over Foreign Trips, Says; “ The Trips Bleed The Economy" by toprealman: 5:13pm On Feb 03, 2016
Glock9:

Yes sir. You are right. But I wonder if a delegate other than the VP will carry as much weight as the President unless there are several of them which makes more sense.
Anything that will restore our lost glory....I'm not a party man...I'm a complete Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Counsels Buhari Over Foreign Trips, Says; “ The Trips Bleed The Economy" by Glock9(m): 5:20pm On Feb 03, 2016
toprealman:
Anything that will restore our lost glory....I'm not a party man...I'm a complete Nigerian.

Correct.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Counsels Buhari Over Foreign Trips, Says; “ The Trips Bleed The Economy" by foriz4u(m): 6:11pm On Feb 03, 2016
Asaib:
Fayose always on point
Fayeso d most constructive critics of our time. had lie Mohamed been this constructive n true about his criticism PDP wouldn't have lost the general electn.
Re: Fayose Counsels Buhari Over Foreign Trips, Says; “ The Trips Bleed The Economy" by foriz4u(m): 6:24pm On Feb 03, 2016
EKONGKING:
More than the cost of his trips, it is his frequent absence from office with nothing to show for is really worrisome.
Economy is becoming comatose with massive job losses . Soaring prices of basic essentials items
Naira is Falling to record levels .Security is again Worsening .

But still he wants to travel around the world . undecided undecided
Is there any democratically elected president or prime minster in whole world roaming around like president buhari ? angry angry angry
he's d honorable minister of tourism n culture. lol.
Re: Fayose Counsels Buhari Over Foreign Trips, Says; “ The Trips Bleed The Economy" by walley21: 8:05pm On Feb 03, 2016
Christine Lagarde was in Nigeria few weeks ago,so also Bill Gates was in Nigeria a few weeks ago,something is obviously brewing.Crude oil now sells for nothing and people expect Buhari to sit in Aso Rock and drink ogogoro.Fayose was the man who said His health was bad now he is upset he has so much energy. Fayose was alive when Boko Haram killed almost 2000 Nigerians in Baga, he never uttered a word.Patience Jonathan was bleeding the economy alongside her husband he remained their ally he can't pretend to speak for Nigerians,he should be busy working on clearing his name from all wrongdoings.
Re: Fayose Counsels Buhari Over Foreign Trips, Says; “ The Trips Bleed The Economy" by BushidoBlue(m): 8:23pm On Feb 03, 2016
onatisi:

I wish I could print this post in the skies over Nigeria so all can see what's going on in my head.

Re: Fayose Counsels Buhari Over Foreign Trips, Says; “ The Trips Bleed The Economy" by onatisi(m): 8:36pm On Feb 03, 2016
BushidoBlue:

I wish I could print this post in the skies over Nigeria so all can see what's going on in my head.

Thanks bro
Re: Fayose Counsels Buhari Over Foreign Trips, Says; “ The Trips Bleed The Economy" by BushidoBlue(m): 8:56pm On Feb 03, 2016
onatisi:

Thanks bro

Thank you for speaking the truth bro.

Some will call you a wailer for speaking the truth.

Imagine if the ministers were in place by August.... the issues with the budget would not have arisen.

There is no time. I wrote a thread about this last year. If as they say Jonathan and his government embezzled money, then by all means conduct investigations and at the appropriate time jail them.
But you as a leader should start to make policies some with short term effect some with long term effect.

This is February.... koro koro May go soon reach...then bia bia go begin grow for blockus....
Re: Fayose Counsels Buhari Over Foreign Trips, Says; “ The Trips Bleed The Economy" by onatisi(m): 9:01pm On Feb 03, 2016
BushidoBlue:

Thank you for speaking the truth bro.

Some will call you a wailer for speaking the truth.

Imagine if the ministers were in place by August.... the issues with the budget would not have arisen.

There is no time. I wrote a thread about this last year. If as they say Jonathan and his government embezzled money, then by all means conduct investigations and at the appropriate time jail them.
But you as a leader should start to make policies some with short term effect some with long term effect.

This is February.... koro koro May go soon reach...then bia bia go begin grow for blockus....
The situation is dire and critical but some ppl still think all these criticisms are elections hangover by march ending Nigerians will know better
Re: Fayose Counsels Buhari Over Foreign Trips, Says; “ The Trips Bleed The Economy" by Billygee2u: 2:46am On Feb 04, 2016
huntila:
The cost of travelling is a source for concern really
Re: Fayose Counsels Buhari Over Foreign Trips, Says; “ The Trips Bleed The Economy" by Billygee2u: 2:48am On Feb 04, 2016
adajiboyy:
Some zombies won't read and assimilate wat fayose said,they wil come here and rather insult him.fayose God bless u for always speaking the minds of millions of rite tinking nigerians..
Re: Fayose Counsels Buhari Over Foreign Trips, Says; “ The Trips Bleed The Economy" by omogin(f): 5:23am On Feb 04, 2016
Salaries of federal workers for January 2016 may not be paid any time soon. As sources in the budget office say that some errors with some zeros were made in the computation. This is however seen in some quarters as another lie by the buhari led administration to deceive workers again as the past few months have come with several excuses like computer crash and all sorts just to withhold salaries.
This comes as most federal workers are yet to be paid their December 2015 salaries, resulting in low key Christmas and new year celebrations nationwide.
The question is FAAC shares monies among the three tiers of government every month. What does the federal government do with their share
Re: Fayose Counsels Buhari Over Foreign Trips, Says; “ The Trips Bleed The Economy" by okpor2(m): 8:38am On Feb 07, 2016
LEGALAide:

senseless comment.
If my dog was as dumb as you are, it would walk backwards and wag it's head!
I won't believe u if like Fayose u say ur mum is in diapers 2.Get sence nd pray u get old nd not be in diapers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Arrives Togo Ahead Of ECOWAS-ECCAS Summit(photos) / Dr. Saraki Honoured By Awujale At This Year's Ojude Oba Celebration / 2019 Presidency: Atiku, Tambuwal Split PDP Governors, Stakeholders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.