Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,271 members, 7,829,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Cheque Fraud - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cheque Fraud (700 Views)

Kwara 'Mad Man' Caught With N100m Cheque, Condoms, 4 ATM Cards, Politicians Pics / EFCC Declares Woman Wanted For N1 Billion Fraud (photo) / Female Fraudster Bags 14 Years In Jail For Issuance Of Dud Cheque (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cheque Fraud by 2wizkids(m): 11:09pm On Feb 02, 2016
hello house, i would like to be advised what appropriate and effective steps i should take as regards what am about to explain to you all.
sometime in 2013, i made a supply to a man(let just call him x) worth about 1.5 million naira. he paid me part and issued his company's cheques on three installments to cover the balance.of 750,000. as at when the cheque was due, they where all bounced by the bank and i tried all means to get across to him, then i discovered he had bailed. about 5 months from the day the cheques where due i made an official report to the police state HQ. and the guy who introduced me to the man was invited. and he denied having any knowledge of our transaction because there was no proof ( and me suspecting he might have sorted the police) he was let go. after spending some money on the case myself i lost any will to continue with the police. so i left it all to faith...............fast forward to now,something tells me to pick up the case and after a little digging online i found this man on facebook,and am wondering what would be the best option for me now.
1 ) confront him openly on his facebook page or send him a private message
2) pick up the case from the police and have it transfered from state to the police zonal HQ
3)is it too late to pursue as over two years has gone by( i made sure to lay my complaint before the cheque expired and i still have the cheques)

sorry if its too long, i just tried my best to summarize.....please i need some suggestions from those who know what to do in a situation like this. i dont want that man to go Scott free
Re: Cheque Fraud by samuel051: 10:14am On Feb 03, 2016
I waz hia b4 it hits fp
Re: Cheque Fraud by Flexherbal(m): 10:33am On Feb 03, 2016
Ok
Re: Cheque Fraud by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 03, 2016
samuel051:
I waz hia b4 it hits fp
Flexherbal:
Ok

Both of you should be ashamed of yourself...

Someone needs answers to a mind boggling question, and all you both could do was book space!!! It's really so easy to spot Nigerians in public forum.

@ Op you might need to do a bit of investigate journalism. If you have a beautiful sister, friend, or wife, add him on Facebook, and chat him up. Get his phone number email possibly his house address or office address .
After that, you have two options
1) go legal, get to the State headquarters, involve the state CID
2) go rough (not advisable but works too)
Re: Cheque Fraud by jordyspices: 11:09am On Feb 03, 2016
Op go nd report him to efcc my 2cent
Re: Cheque Fraud by 2wizkids(m): 5:20pm On Feb 03, 2016
thanks jordyspices, please how do i report cases to efcc in Edo state. i met someone around that 2014 and he said he would have helped me with link to efcc if only the money was in the millions that's when efcc will be interested......

Thanks tobimillar, i'll look into your options as soon, i already have his company's phone number from one of his facebook pages. i will weigh in one the best step to take next.

i appreciate you all.....both the space bookers smiley

(1) (Reply)

TRUTH REVEALED!! Female Corpper Reportedly Gets Pregnant For JSS 2 Male Student / Shocking! Woman Locks Family Inside House As They Slept And Set Them On Fire / The Enugu Invasion By Fulani Herdsmen: Whose Fault?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.