Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,489 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer (33067 Views)

Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? / 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer / How Lil Kesh’s Song, “efejoku” Made Me Lose A Job Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by Annapecky(f): 11:35am On Feb 03, 2016
So sowie bt i tink dat firm is crazy nd mad 2
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by tempest01(m): 11:47am On Feb 03, 2016
nonsense traffic seeking post
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 03, 2016
I Don laugh fall from groundnut tree...

That HR or whatever she calls her self is not normal... . That's if your story is true sha... SMH
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by gentletalkaktiv: 12:00pm On Feb 03, 2016
onismate:
I had seen couple of people come up online to complain about unemployment. I took it so easily not until I graduated and finished my NYSC that I began feeling the heat of unemployment and job hunting fire. Being a serious unemployed in Nigeria Is frustrating and intimidating.

My first ever job I applied for my NYSC, after the application, with even my 2.1 grade I wasn’t even invited for any form of test or interview. Na so I begin apply oo and yet nothing positive showed forth. One that pained me was the one I and 4 of my friends applied for. 4 of my friends were called and I was left behind. That one pain me sote I began crying. I felt intimidated, that I wasn’t good enough. I felt dejected and down casted. I felt I wasn’t up to my peers standard. All that made me strong.

Late 2015, November precisely I applied for a job in Abuja in an Auditing firm. A friend of mine sent me the link to apply. After applying, I was waiting for a feedback till the end of December. Yet no call or email, or even flash came from them. Na so I just forget about them, filling 2015 has gone with
On the 5th of January 2016 I visited my friend of mine in wuse. When I got there he was having a mini indoor party with his wife to be. They were playing “Efejoku” by Lil kesh. They were feeling the song. Immediately my phone rang. I checked the number calling and it wasn’t a number saved on my phone. I went to a corner that I could be able to speak audibly with the caller. I picked the call and it was a female voice. She said her name was Mabel and she was calling from the auditing firm I applied for the past year. Immediately I heard that, I immediately composed myself. But I was shocked the questions she started asking me. At first I thought it was a joke or complement but later, no be complement oo. Below was how our conversation went.

Mabel---- Good afternoon. My name is mabel, I believe am speaking with ********?

Me – Good afternoon .Yes you are.

Mabel---- Am from ******* Auditing firm. You applied for one of our vacant posts

Me ------- Yes I did.

Na here the call come turn another thing.

Mabel ------ Ehmm, what kind of song is that ?

Me---- Song! Which song?

Mabel—The song at the background. Or are you not the one playing that song

Then I realized she was talking about the song “efejoku” playing at my own end. I never knew she was hearing it because I was not close to the parlour where the song is being played. I was quit far from the speakers. I told her it’s my friend’s place.

Mabel ---- Why do you people like all these kind of wordly songs?

Me no know wetin to answer her. I thought she was calling to tell me that I have made it and their company had recruited me. I no come know the one wey she dey talk about song.

Me------ *silence**

Mabel---- It seems this is the kind of song you like too, you and your friends?

Me ---- Not at all ma, I …..

She cuts in

Mabel --- Our company wants responsible and sound people. Not mad men.

Me--- (I didn’t know what to tell her) Am in my friends place.

Mabel --- Your friend’s place? You guys stay in a ghetto area because we don’t want employees to bring thugs and ghetto into our company.

Me--- No ma aaa oooo. Am not in a ghetto.

Before I could finish she has cut the call. I was very pained and angry. My friend asked me to go to their office in Wuse the next day.

The next day I went to their office. I met with one of the staffs who asked me to wait for one Mr. James na so I begin wait till the Mr. James came. I explained what happened the previous day to him. He laughed and asked me to come back the next day. When I came back the next day, the Mr james directed me to one Mrs Dammy. I guessed she was the one that called the other day. But it was unfortunate that the Mrs Dammy was not around. I was asked to wait. Na so I wait reach 4pm, work close. I came back the next day, security no come allow me enter. Few days ago I got a text from an unknown number which I believe it’s from the firm. The text read. “Sorry we can’t employ you. We don’t employ thugs in ******* firm.” The thing pain me again. That was how I lost this job.

http://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/1088-the-disastrous-way-i-lost-a-job-because-of-lil-kesh-s-song-efejoku

Who cares about the songs you listen to? If the noise was too much she could have just said pls step away. na rubbish joor
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by yemmight(m): 12:01pm On Feb 03, 2016
Some people will fabricate lies and it will end up in front page. angry

3 Likes

Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by ayourbamie: 12:04pm On Feb 03, 2016
onismate:
I had seen couple of people come up online to complain about unemployment. I took it so easily not until I graduated and finished my NYSC that I began feeling the heat of unemployment and job hunting fire. Being a serious unemployed in Nigeria Is frustrating and intimidating.

My first ever job I applied for my NYSC, after the application, with even my 2.1 grade I wasn’t even invited for any form of test or interview. Na so I begin apply oo and yet nothing positive showed forth. One that pained me was the one I and 4 of my friends applied for. 4 of my friends were called and I was left behind. That one pain me sote I began crying. I felt intimidated, that I wasn’t good enough. I felt dejected and down casted. I felt I wasn’t up to my peers standard. All that made me strong.

Late 2015, November precisely I applied for a job in Abuja in an Auditing firm. A friend of mine sent me the link to apply. After applying, I was waiting for a feedback till the end of December. Yet no call or email, or even flash came from them. Na so I just forget about them, filling 2015 has gone with it.

On the 5th of January 2016 I visited my friend of mine in wuse. When I got there he was having a mini indoor party with his wife to be. They were playing “Efejoku” by Lil kesh. They were feeling the song. Immediately my phone rang. I checked the number calling and it wasn’t a number saved on my phone. I went to a corner that I could be able to speak audibly with the caller. I picked the call and it was a female voice. She said her name was Mabel and she was calling from the auditing firm I applied for the past year. Immediately I heard that, I immediately composed myself. But I was shocked the questions she started asking me. At first I thought it was a joke or complement but later, no be complement oo. Below was how our conversation went.

Mabel---- Good afternoon. My name is mabel, I believe am speaking with ********?

Mabel---- Am from ******* Auditing firm. You applied for one of our vacant posts

Me ------- Yes I did.

Me---- Song! Which song?

Then I realized she was talking about the song “efejoku” playing at my own end. I never knew she was hearing it because I was not close to the parlour where the song is being played. I was quit far from the speakers. I told her it’s my friend’s place.

Me no know wetin to answer her. I thought she was calling to tell me that I have made it and their company had recruited me. I no come know the one wey she dey talk about song.

Me------ *silence**

She cuts in

Mabel --- Your friend’s place? You guys stay in a ghetto area because we don’t want employees to bring thugs and ghetto into our company.

Before I could finish she has cut the call. I was very pained and angry. My friend asked me to go to their office in Wuse the next day.

The next day I went to their office. I met with one of the staffs who asked me to wait for one Mr. James na so I begin wait till the Mr. James came. I explained what happened the previous day to him. He laughed and asked me to come back the next day. When I came back the next day, the Mr james directed me to one Mrs Dammy. I guessed she was the one that called the other day. But it was unfortunate that the Mrs Dammy was not around. I was asked to wait. Na so I wait reach 4pm, work close. I came back the next day, security no come allow me enter. Few days ago I got a text from an unknown number which I believe it’s from the firm. The text read. “Sorry we can’t employ you. We don’t employ thugs in ******* firm.” The thing pain me again. That was how I lost this job.

http://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/1088-the-disastrous-way-i-lost-a-job-because-of-lil-kesh-s-song-efejoku
lie from the pit of hell.
not even funny

1 Like

Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by danidee10(m): 12:07pm On Feb 03, 2016
Op I told u to listen to coldplay and alternative rock you said no

Now you see what skibo skiborobo skibo has done. grin

Sori sha but I find most nigerian songs stupid
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by nijagetloyalman: 12:07pm On Feb 03, 2016
The guy Bleep up,why you no reply am say na eatery you dey,abi no the song them dey always play for all this our fast food?Nabi throught december no b the song santa caluse they play for our children for christmass? Iranu abasha.......skiboroboskibo?
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by BayLord01(m): 12:07pm On Feb 03, 2016
If that story is true, then the firm is not up to standard. How I spend my leisure time is not their business.
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by Niyinficient(m): 12:10pm On Feb 03, 2016
stolid:
Not even a chance for a one-on-one interview?
I find it difficult to believe a company would outrightly discredit your credentials or knowledge for such trivia. I admire your imagination & creativity though.

If this is true, then the job wasn't meant for you in the first instance. The woman probably had someone for the position, and only wanted to prove to the company that she indeed did call to interview you. But then again, you gave her a supposedly good reason to kick you out of the race grin
*In Olamide's coarse and ghetto voice* !! Iyalaya anybody! Nepotism ti take hoffa. tongue

Edit your topic, it should be 'lose' not loose. No harms meant oh.

Nepotism bi bawo Heheheeheheheheheheehhe! grin
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by umehmj(m): 12:12pm On Feb 03, 2016
blame it on GEJ

Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by Nobody: 12:13pm On Feb 03, 2016
That lady who called you is a FAKE LADY WORKING IN A FAKE COMPANY.What concerns my private life with my employer?.....I hate pretenders.Bro,cheer up,your job is on the way.
Let me share my reflection this morning with you.I was thinking this morning about my life,the happenings in my office.What dropped in my spirit was I SHOULD NOT BE BOTHERED BY THE HAPPENINGS ,THAT EVERYONE HAS HIS/HER TIME.....WHEN THAT TIME COMES,OVERTAKING IS ALLOWED......ALL I JUST HAVE TO DO IS TO KEEP KNOCKING ON HEAVEN'S DOOR IN THE PLACE OF PRAYERS AND TRY TO IMPROVE MYSELF CAREERWISE.
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by sunsewa: 12:14pm On Feb 03, 2016
though is not stuffs like that,that can be used to determine good outputs but next time know how to compose lie,claiming ur on the road would have been better,especially kubwa.
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by chuckdee4(m): 12:17pm On Feb 03, 2016
If your story is real then I think you dodged a bullet.
If the HR is that judgemental over the phone imagine what working with her would be like
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by JideTheBlogger(m): 12:18pm On Feb 03, 2016
onismate

This shit can only happen to desperate job seekers.

Why all the silence when asking you those questions? It simply shows you can't even perform well a a one on one interview.

You should be able to speak up even if you are to defend a bad thing. Confidence matters alot...

2 Likes

Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by joseph1832(m): 12:19pm On Feb 03, 2016
Like seriously? I find this hard to believe. What has a persons choice of music got to do with how well they can work in an organization?. Hian!

Nothing wey person no dey hear for this naija. I won't be surprise if that Mabel girl even dance to Efejoku. grin

1 Like

Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by Baboo13(m): 12:20pm On Feb 03, 2016
Baami loke o, edarin jimi ke!
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 03, 2016
What brought in being wordly with your ability to do the job?
Abi na sunday school teacher you apply for?

HR people and attitude though... ours turned down several people for some funny reasons
* email contained the word "sexy"
*said the guy looks like a thief grin. Abeg how thief dey look?
*an applicant took several seconds to get up from the chair, an indication that she's either overweight or not smart.
*called one applicant on the phone , she picked the call, without even greeting _ she asked "who's speaking?" (in igbo)
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by doveda: 12:29pm On Feb 03, 2016
Dear onismate,

Write a letter to the HR of the company and tell them what transpired. Whether Mabel likes it or not, it is within your right to listen to any sing no matter how offensive it may be.

If that doesn't work, sue themsmiley
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by Femich18(m): 12:30pm On Feb 03, 2016
Guy abeg free her jare. She dsnt Ve a point dre. How dos listening to dt kinda song tell who you are and ur capability. Xo she want sm1 dt ll b listening to Don Moen songs ryt? Abegi she's nt serious biko. No worry yourself a good and better job ll locate you bro
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by ogaprime(m): 12:30pm On Feb 03, 2016
LaurelP:
Seems like they employ angels from heaven. What is the correlation of the song with your ability to do the job?
The job is not meant for you bro, move on.

When we have angels as minister, why won't companies employ angels as staffs
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by winkmart: 12:34pm On Feb 03, 2016
onismate:

Late 2015, November precisely I applied for a job in Abuja in an Auditing firm. A friend of mine sent me the link to apply. After applying, I was waiting for a feedback till the end of December. Yet no call or email, or even flash came from them. Na so I just forget about them, filling 2015 has gone with it.

Me ------- Yes I did.

Me---- Song! Which song?

Me------ *silence**

She cuts in

am so certain ths is FICTION.....can never be a true story except if u applied to a BUSINESS CENTER
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by M4gunners: 12:35pm On Feb 03, 2016
I don't like the song either, but this is no reason to deny you job.The Mabel Lady is just being silly. God will provide a better job for you bro.
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by Orobo2Lekpa: 12:41pm On Feb 03, 2016
Maybe the woman is a fan of Reekado Banks and does not like Lil kesh and his back to back hits like Lyrically, Shoki and most of all Efejoku!
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:52pm On Feb 03, 2016
stolid:

Edit your topic, it should be 'lose' not loose. [b]No harms meant [/b]oh.

So you corrected the OP's grammatical blunder, only to make one of your own?
SMH
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by 4reala(m): 12:59pm On Feb 03, 2016
duduade:
If this was a sane country, she should be sued... rubbish... and U walk away with some cash to start a business...

Am sure she belongs to the "judgemental" class....
yes o, she has to prove the act of thugery which u displayed dat affected her dat warranted name Calling. Pls sue her for Libel
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by yakubuadeiza(m): 12:59pm On Feb 03, 2016
LaurelP:
Seems like they employ angels from heaven. What is the correlation of the song with your ability to do the job?
The job is not meant for you bro, move on.
My guy u try wey still go dia sef. Na blast I go blast them for calling me a thug. How does my kind of music defined my ability to do the job.....Just hold on bros, ur blessing is on the way.
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by anthoniaz(f): 1:01pm On Feb 03, 2016
Na wa oo. shocked

An employer has no right over the life of an employee,it would have been a crime if only he was playing the song in the office.
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by yakubuadeiza(m): 1:01pm On Feb 03, 2016
cheesy grin grin grin
4llerbuntu:

So you corrected the OP's grammatical blunder, only to make one of your own?
SMH
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by nikz(f): 1:10pm On Feb 03, 2016
Sorry you weren't employed if the story is true but next time pls don't fidget when an HR personnel calls you. When I applied for a job, an unknown number called me but the way I answered the lady immediately she said she was impressed and that I passed the oral interview. I didn't even know I was being interviewed and I was invited for the cbt which I passed and got the job. So pls my advice to you is: sound polite, relax, feel free as if you're talking to a friend but be professional about it. I pray God blesses you another opportunity.
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by ak4ac(m): 1:15pm On Feb 03, 2016
laughing seriously.... @op if ur tori na true I 1da wetyn Mabel go call d kind of olamide, don jassi, dbanj, tuface, Wasiu ayinde K1 n host of odas, I no she go like ur waist by iyanya .........for God sake dis pple DAT r irresponsible can single handedly buy thr company...
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by samuelchimmy(m): 1:25pm On Feb 03, 2016
onismate:

Me ------- Yes I did.

Me---- Song! Which song?

Me------ *silence**

She cuts in

eyaa.seriously why dont you go for a deliverance .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Recruitment: Applicants Beaten, Tear-gassed In Benue (pix/video) / I Just Got A Job In A University With My 3rd Class. / If You Are Looking For A Job, Let Help You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.