Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,630 members, 7,861,948 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 12:30 AM

The “sunday Sister” Who Decried And Denied Tasting The “sweet Sapphic Sap” - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The “sunday Sister” Who Decried And Denied Tasting The “sweet Sapphic Sap” (1144 Views)

See The Real Truth Behind The Sunday Bloodshed In Anambra Catholic Church / See The Sunday School Questions That Led To Serious Argument In Church Today / Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The “sunday Sister” Who Decried And Denied Tasting The “sweet Sapphic Sap” by SunehriLasgidi(f): 5:19am On Feb 03, 2016
And this article centre’s on a Sunday Sister's hypocrisy.

My friends tell me stuff, personal stuff, because they know I won’t judge them and I keep secrets. I understand we’re humans with primal, atavistic proclivities. I feel people should indulge in whatever they want with the condition that it doesn’t affect anyone negatively.

A friend of mine, Ogini (not her real name, of course) was telling me about a Sunday Sister she knows. She intimated me that she and the Sister were "just buddies" at first but the friendship spiralled out of control. She narrates:

“This babe and I were friends. I don’t even know if I should refer to her as my friend anymore. This girl can lie for Africa! One thing led to the other and we had to share a room for a while. Before this, I knew that this babe loves Jesus. Like… when you say someone lives and breathes Jesus. Her church organises weekday church service. And she doesn’t even miss it one bit. She had invited me to her church on few occasions but, something comes up and I don't get to follow her to church.
“It happened one night like that and we made out. I was surprised that we made out. Like, I didn’t think she was drawn to me in the first place. I can’t even remember who made the first move. All I remember is that we were in this kissy state. We didn’t stop there. Use your imagination.

“After that night, I just felt that she was curious. We talked about it. She told me that she’d made out with two girls before me and in my mind I was like, ‘Seriously?’ But then, some women have experimented. Moreover, it’s so easy to get drawn to another girl. You know, we are just too mushy-mushy like that. In fact, I thought she wasn’t going to want to make out with me again.

“I thought wrong.

"The next time was crazier than the first. And that was how we found ourselves living out our sexual fantasies whenever we felt like. But, no strings attached. She said she had a boyfriend. All these girls say they have boyfriends yet they be doing other women... But it’s none of my business.

“One day, we went to chill with one guy. A mutual friend. The gay issue came up. I told him people should be open to try new things. I asked him, “how do you know you’re straight? How can you prove you’re not gay when you’ve not tried it?” The guy knew I was teasing him.

“My friend, the babe was like, ‘why do people even do that?’

“I was shocked! I almost choked on my food. She went on and on to condemn everything gay and lesbian. I wanted to slap her and tell the dude that we actually had things going on. But, I just sat there listening to her talk and talk and yap away. She strongly detested being gay. I didn’t say anything.

“The next day, she went for weekday service. Later in the week, this babe made moves on me. I just couldn’t. I was so disgusted. This babe just condemned something she loved doing before my very eyes. If someone had told me, I'd have dismissed it a a lie. I didn’t call her out on it. I never told her anything about it. That was the end of whatever it was that we had.”

I listened in rapt attention while she vented her grouse with the said girl. Ogini is a level-headed person, who doesn’t raise her voice. When she’s angry, it's quite intense. From the tremor of her voice, I conjectured that she was miffed while narrating her experience to me.

Ogini was angry because the girl in her story was a two-faced liar. She enjoyed many kiss-fests and rolled in the hay with another girl. Yet, she had the effrontery to repudiate being gay or bi-sexual like she had never tasted the “Sweet Sapphic Sap”. I still don’t understand the reason the girl vehemently condemned an act she was/is involved in. I try to rationalise it but I can’t. In my opinion, it would have been better she didn’t say anything than besmirching being gay with so much venom. From what my friend said, the girl in the story brought out bible verses to support her claims that being gay was a serious, grievous sin.

I don’t understand hypocrites! I don’t understand people being sanctimonious. I can’t wrap my mind around the fact that people are specious. The thing is this, it’s alright if people want to come out as devout adherents of their religion. What irks me is that these people forget they are human beings. They forget they can err. They just judge and condemn people that openly sin the sins that they, the condemners, secretly sin. When I think about it, it’s like secret service. I don’t care who they’re servicing. Pardon the pun.

I find it sad when people keep up appearance in order to conform to society. If I were Ogini, I might have asked the Sister, “when people lie to people, do they remember that they can’t lie to God?” I would have loved to hear the next thing she’d say. If she wasn’t careful, I’d have just told the dude, “FYI, we do it. You can come and watch next time we’re at it.”

My point is this, we should stop condemning and denigrating bad deeds only for us to do it in the privacy of our bedrooms. If you fool anyone, you can’t fool God. There is this song from way back:

“You cannot hide it from God.
You may cover your sins
And think nobody knows.
You cannot hide it from God.”

What I tell anyone that cares to listen is this: “God is a spirit and those who worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.” John 4:24.

It’s all in your heart. Enough with the hypocrisy,

In summary, condemning a sin in open even when you secretly indulge in it won’t make you not rot in hell when you die. That is IF your religion preaches a loving God created a hell for sinners.

Culled from http://www.thefemmemedia.com/
Re: The “sunday Sister” Who Decried And Denied Tasting The “sweet Sapphic Sap” by TruthHurts1(m): 5:37am On Feb 03, 2016
By sapphic you mean lesbian. Hmm. Things are happening.
Re: The “sunday Sister” Who Decried And Denied Tasting The “sweet Sapphic Sap” by SunehriLasgidi(f): 11:21am On Feb 03, 2016
TruthHurts1:
By sapphic you mean lesbian. Hmm. Things are happening.

Amen, Lord!
Re: The “sunday Sister” Who Decried And Denied Tasting The “sweet Sapphic Sap” by Nobody: 4:42pm On Feb 03, 2016
SunehriLasgidi:

Amen, Lord!
sunehri u didn't say a word...
Re: The “sunday Sister” Who Decried And Denied Tasting The “sweet Sapphic Sap” by SunehriLasgidi(f): 2:09pm On Feb 04, 2016
+
Benignasweety:
sunehri u didn't say a word...

I didn't say a word. Two, actually, "Amen, Lord".
Re: The “sunday Sister” Who Decried And Denied Tasting The “sweet Sapphic Sap” by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 04, 2016
SunehriLasgidi:
+

I didn't say a word. Two, actually, "Amen, Lord".
seriously u do sound lik my late immediate elder sis and seeing ur name brings bck old memories.. She bear sunehri too... Used to say sunehri, d golden girl..
Re: The “sunday Sister” Who Decried And Denied Tasting The “sweet Sapphic Sap” by CoolUsername: 4:18pm On Feb 04, 2016
Her story is full win!

1 Like

Re: The “sunday Sister” Who Decried And Denied Tasting The “sweet Sapphic Sap” by SunehriLasgidi(f): 7:48pm On Feb 04, 2016
Benignasweety:
seriously u do sound lik my late immediate elder sis and seeing ur name brings bck old memories.. She bear sunehri too... Used to say sunehri, d golden girl..

Awwn... I'm so sorry dear. May she rest in peace. Amen. We never forget the ones we love and lost. Sad.
Re: The “sunday Sister” Who Decried And Denied Tasting The “sweet Sapphic Sap” by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 05, 2016
SunehriLasgidi:

Awwn... I'm so sorry dear. May she rest in peace. Amen. We never forget the ones we love and lost. Sad.
Amen Sunehri.. Can we b frndz?? Wld make me feel am kinda connecting wit ma sister.
Re: The “sunday Sister” Who Decried And Denied Tasting The “sweet Sapphic Sap” by Ubenedictus(m): 2:58pm On Feb 05, 2016
Benignasweety:
Amen Sunehri.. Can we b frndz?? Wld make me feel am kinda connecting wit ma sister.
Mayb she is ur sis come back to life. i hear some dead pipo do that.
Re: The “sunday Sister” Who Decried And Denied Tasting The “sweet Sapphic Sap” by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 05, 2016
Ubenedictus:
Mayb she is ur sis come back to life. i hear some dead pipo do that.
seriously d first day I saw her name, it got me scared cuz d name sunehri is vry rare.. She actually picked it frm an old indian movie. I quoted her last comment but she didn't reply me n I bcame hyper scared.. Checked her pic n saw ntin but lasgidi stuff n I was lik cld dix b my late sis is sumwia in Lag living her life.. She got to reply me n was soundin n typing jex lik my sister.. I miss her very much, I miss sunehri d golden girl. She died of leukemia..
Re: The “sunday Sister” Who Decried And Denied Tasting The “sweet Sapphic Sap” by SunehriLasgidi(f): 3:15pm On Feb 06, 2016
Benignasweety:

Okay. That would be cool.
Re: The “sunday Sister” Who Decried And Denied Tasting The “sweet Sapphic Sap” by SunehriLasgidi(f): 3:18pm On Feb 06, 2016
Benignasweety:
seriously d first day I saw her name, it got me scared cuz d name sunehri is vry rare.. She actually picked it frm an old indian movie. I quoted her last comment but she didn't reply me n I bcame hyper scared.. Checked her pic n saw ntin but lasgidi stuff n I was lik cld dix b my late sis is sumwia in Lag living her life.. She got to reply me n was soundin n typing jex lik my sister.. I miss her very much, I miss sunehri d golden girl. She died of leukemia..

Leukemia? I know of a nine-year-old that passed on from it.
Re: The “sunday Sister” Who Decried And Denied Tasting The “sweet Sapphic Sap” by Ubenedictus(m): 4:25pm On Feb 06, 2016
Benignasweety:
Yeah, i just guessed what would b going on in ur mind especially as d name is unique.

Dont b scared i doubt dead pipo really come back to life today.

1 Like

Re: The “sunday Sister” Who Decried And Denied Tasting The “sweet Sapphic Sap” by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 06, 2016
SunehriLasgidi:

Leukemia? I know of a nine-year-old that passed on from it.
yea dey say itz cancer of d blood abi na cancer of d bone marrow.. Wateva it is, dat stuff is vry deadly n it stole my sister away.
Re: The “sunday Sister” Who Decried And Denied Tasting The “sweet Sapphic Sap” by SunehriLasgidi(f): 7:40pm On Feb 06, 2016
Benignasweety:
yea dey say itz cancer of d blood abi na cancer of d bone marrow.. Wateva it is, dat stuff is vry deadly n it stole my sister away.

Yeah... I met the mother of the late boy. A job related thing and... her ordeal was quite harrowing. She bought several pints of blood. At a point, the doctors couldn't find a vein on her little boy and they eventually found a vein in the middle of his palm...

Heart wrenching experience.
Re: The “sunday Sister” Who Decried And Denied Tasting The “sweet Sapphic Sap” by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 06, 2016
SunehriLasgidi:

Yeah... I met the mother of the late boy. A job related thing and... her ordeal was quite harrowing. She bought several pints of blood. At a point, the doctors couldn't find a vein on her little boy and they eventually found a vein in the middle of his palm...

Heart wrenching experience.
dat was exactly my sisters predicament. She was in an excruciating pain all tru.. D more dey infused blood d more it kept gettin infected n drying up.. May God save us.
Re: The “sunday Sister” Who Decried And Denied Tasting The “sweet Sapphic Sap” by SunehriLasgidi(f): 9:00pm On Feb 06, 2016
Benignasweety:
dat was exactly my sisters predicament. She was in an excruciating pain all tru.. D more dey infused blood d more it kept gettin infected n drying up.. May God save us.

Amen. May your sister's soul rest in peace.
Re: The “sunday Sister” Who Decried And Denied Tasting The “sweet Sapphic Sap” by gemale(m): 5:34am On Feb 07, 2016
OMO!! i fear woman o.woman fit do ,misdo, overdo. only a foolish man wld live his lyf wt out d fear of women. All these girls wey we fit use sango swear say dem no dey capable of any hanky panky na wash o. dem sabi pretend 4 Jesus sef. God abeg give me ur x-ray vision 2 c 2 d bullsh1t when i go start dey find wife b4 man carry hand pick satan's apprentice as wife.

(1) (Reply)

Should A Christian Declare Bankruptcy? / To All Those Who Claim Evolution Doesn't Make Sense And It's Just A Theory / Bishop David Oyedepo On His Retirement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.