Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,112 members, 7,835,754 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian (835 Views)

Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian / Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. / Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:59am On Jul 01, 2009
10-You claim christianity is all in Life and believe anybody that doesn't accept Jesus Christ as personal lord and Saviour is meant to be in a place you describe as"Hell"-.

9- You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

8 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when other religion- say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

7 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

6 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Satan, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

5 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering.  And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

3 - While modern Satanism, history, geology, biology, science and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers.  You consider that to be evidence that prayer works.  And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.
Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by jagunlabi(m): 12:40pm On Jul 01, 2009
Lol!Very precise chart. smiley
Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by noetic2: 2:21pm On Jul 01, 2009
@ Poster

Dont u consider ur points ridiculous especially 1 and 2?
Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:36pm On Jul 03, 2009
. . .and whats wrong with N°1 and 2 ?
Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by noetic2: 8:51pm On Jul 03, 2009
do they make sense?
Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by shinystar(m): 11:36pm On Jul 04, 2009
You have just stated ten clear indications of a non-conformist Christian. In Spiritual issues, there are no in-betweens. You either believe strong enough in God and stand for it or recoil to your shell in the name of being politically correct.

I am no fundamentalist but I take my commitment to God seriously enough to frown at any suggestion that he is unjust or a promoter of double standard.
Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jul 04, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

8 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when other religion- say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

Does that include the fact that those staking that claim have NOT ONE SINGLE SHRED OF EVIDENCE TO BACK IT UP?
Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:58pm On Jul 04, 2009
You're talking about Evidence,? _ mmm. . .unbelievable u're asking for more Evidence.how is your brain working if really u still dopt each verified words of truth and even you knowing from the dept of your heart_you still support rubbish!?
Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by 3kings: 10:41pm On Jul 05, 2009
i love the way athiest attack christianity, but the more they do, the better i see why i believe in Christ Jesus only

Ogaga4Luv:

10-You claim christianity is all in Life and believe anybody that doesn't accept Jesus Christ as personal lord and Saviour is meant to be in a place you describe as"Hell"-.

infact hell is not an end in itself, but the lake of fire

9- You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

no pls, infact we recognise there are other gods but we dont worship any but the God Almighty

8 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when other religion- say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.[/]

which "religion"? oh i remember, athiest a religion believes that pple evolved from other forms of life. precisely my body from the dust not dirt but my spirit from God.

[i]7 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.
same as 9 above and i appreciate Him cos i am triune - spirit, soul and body

6 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Satan, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

and He will finally repeat it if u refuse to accept His gift one day, this time not killing but throwing all unbelievers into hell then lake of fire

5 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

pls show me a link to that i am interseted in greek and hindu u stated

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering.  And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

true even america a land of opportunity also have a place to put criminals for life how much more God!

3 - While modern Satanism, history, geology, biology, science and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

God bless that "idiot" even me but we will see the real idiot someday

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers.  You consider that to be evidence that prayer works.  And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

live that to us to decide not u, busy urself in proving the big bang speculation

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.

i dont need to know just like carnal man but by being spiritual i discern the scripture from a spiritual point not from men's wisdom.

(1) (Reply)

As A Prostitute, Will I Go To Hell If I Die ? / Obasanjo Dragging Our Lord Jesus Christs Name To Politics Again: / Cost Or Gain?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.