Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,514 members, 7,836,964 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian (3676 Views)

Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian / Top 10 Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian / Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by Atheists: 8:46am On Nov 25, 2009
His bogus arguments on the existence of a nameless god are taken straight from a christian apologist handbook.
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 25, 2009
s/he is not but even if s/he were, how is that your problem?
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by muhsin(m): 5:50pm On Nov 25, 2009
Who cares? cheesy
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by noetic15(m): 5:52pm On Nov 25, 2009
Deepsight is a disguised and pretentious hell-bound anti-Christ.  shocked shocked
though I must add that he has great writing skills, the tenacity for rich debate and he is a potential intellectual.
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 25, 2009
deepsight is a confused individual IMO. He knows God exists but cant stand abiding by His principles.
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by BADLEE: 7:14pm On Nov 25, 2009
davidylan:

deepsight is a confused individual IMO. He knows God exists but cant stand abiding by His principles.

What are his principles ? and how do we know they are indeed from God ?
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 25, 2009
BADLEE:

Perhaps we shld start from allah's "principles".
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by BADLEE: 7:31pm On Nov 25, 2009
davidylan:

Who is allah
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by bawomolo(m): 8:35pm On Nov 25, 2009
davidylan:

interesting, i find it strange he believes in freewill but claims not to be religious
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by DeepSight(m): 8:37pm On Nov 25, 2009
^^^ Bawo, would you describe yourself as a robot? You make conscious decisions for yourself yes? And yet you are not religious?

Hello o o o o ?  ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by bawomolo(m): 11:53pm On Nov 25, 2009
Deep Sight:

^^^ Bawo, would you describe yourself as a robot? You make conscious decisions for yourself yes? And yet you are not religious?

Hello o o o o ?  ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

i'm just wondering where your concept of freewill comes from?

could you explain a little bit.
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by mazaje(m): 12:04am On Nov 26, 2009
BADLEE:

davidylan:

grin grin grin. . .Attack allah when you have nothing to say. . . .LOL. . .
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by Nobody: 12:28am On Nov 26, 2009
like I asked before, why is Atheists the OP losing sleep over the matter?

so because someone debates intelligently they must be a fundamentalist Christian?

are you saying atheists and other religions are dumb?

just asking.
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by mazaje(m): 12:34am On Nov 26, 2009
tpia.:

like I asked before, why is Atheists the OP losing sleep over the matter?

so because someone debates intelligently they must be a fundamentalist Christian?

are you saying atheists and other religions are dumb?

just asking.

On what premise did you come to this conclusion? Where did he insinuate that in his OP?
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by Nobody: 1:06am On Nov 26, 2009
mazaje:

On what premise did you come to this conclusion? Where did he insinuate that in his OP?

quite obviously the OP has difficulty replying or responding to logical arguments, therefore the only way his reasoning can explain Deepsight, is to place him in a "fundamentalist Christian" category, since quite obviously on NL, the Christians come out looking savvy and knowledgeable in most debates here.

Most of the anti-Christian debaters on NL tend to come across as semi literates who somehow got hold of a computer and felt that makes them top notch scientists. I said most, not all. These individuals also tend to buttress their "points" with swearing, cursing, red herrings, threats, etc.

Not saying Christians dont do the same but context is important occasionally?
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by DeepSight(m): 12:15pm On Nov 26, 2009
bawomolo:

i'm just wondering where your concept of freewill comes from?

could you explain a little bit.

Is Free Will not a self-evident fact?

The very fact that you can ponder at a crossroads which path to take confirms the existence of your free will - God or no God.

Bawo, surely you will not lead me to believe that one requires a belief in the existence of God, to ascertain self-evident facts, such as the fact that the earth revolves around the sun, or the fact that man is a conscious intelligent being with the attribute of free will ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by muhsin(m): 12:57pm On Nov 26, 2009
noetic15:

though I must add that he has great writing skills, the tenacity for rich debate and he is a potential intellectual.

Agreed.

David irrelevantly said:

davidylan:

Even an Athiest realized that fact as mazaje responded:

mazaje:

grin grin grin. . .Attack allah when you have nothing to say. . . .LOL. . .

Shame, shame, shame of you, davidylan. embarassed
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by Atheists: 6:38pm On Nov 26, 2009
interesting, i find it strange he believes in freewill but claims not to be religious

To me that was a red flag when in the other thread he said god exists and we have free will. That is an argument that can only be made by a fundamentalist xtian
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 26, 2009
^ duuuuuuuuh
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by DeepSight(m): 8:59pm On Nov 26, 2009
Men! Some parents waste school fees sha!
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by Nobody: 12:58am On Nov 27, 2009
Hey every muslim people listen and listen 'very carefully cuz the almighty GOD in heaven is not a GOD of confusion'''right?'' yessssssssssssssssssss, (1.answer this questions and stop beating around the bush and face the facts cuz u cannot change the facts ok,

1.is the BIBLE older in existence before koran??, YES

2.Is CHRISTIANITY in existence for hundreds of years before islam? , YES

3.Was JESUS CHRIST IN EXISTENCE AND died and rose again before your muhamed, YES.

4.Is there only ONE way to HEAVEN/GOD??, YES

If the whole answers are YES YES YES YES ,then islam and every other fake religion dont stand a chance in making heaven cuz your answers are the keys to your real FAITH on where u will land on the last day of judgement ok.
So my question is that is GOD a GOD of CONFUSION? , NO NO NO NO,cuz our GOD is a perfect ,unchangeable and the GOD of today,tomorrow and forever, for this reasons i dont think he will come with islam and CHRISTIANITY,ETC religion to put us into confusion,war,killing in the name of allah,etc, a word is enough for the wise,i wont say much but use your own hand to decide your faith cuz its one man race ok.answer for urself .
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by bawomolo(m): 1:03am On Nov 27, 2009
Deep Sight:

Is Free Will not a self-evident fact?

The very fact that you can ponder at a crossroads which path to take confirms the existence of your free will - God or no God.

Bawo, surely you will not lead me to believe that one requires a belief in the existence of God, to ascertain self-evident facts, such as the fact that the earth revolves around the sun, or the fact that man is a  conscious intelligent being with the attribute of free will ? ? ?  ? ? ? ? ?

how is the statement that God GAVE US freewill a self-evident act?  I'm not arguing freewill (although that can be argued) but where your believe in free will comes from.  How do you know freewill was granted by a God?

all i'm trying to say is that some of your views seem to be influenced by christianity or other religions. 

shanti jay:

1.is the BIBLE older in existence before koran??, YES

2.Is CHRISTIANITY in existence for hundreds of years before islam? , YES

what's your point, ifaism, hinduism, judaism and co are older than Christianity. does that mean christianity is inferior to those religions? You fanatics are troubled.
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by Nobody: 1:15am On Nov 27, 2009
why people dont compare other religions as u mention in discussion is that so many of this religions are the type our fore fathers in africa were worshipping '''UNKNOWN gods''' or man made gods ''but why we mostly compare CHRISTIANITY with islam is that they have certain things in contradictions to the BIBLE ,JESUS etc and thats why we always base our arguements/debate or facts on them ''ók'' cuz muslim/islam believe in the almighty GOD in heaven ''only one GOD'' just like christians but hindu,babalawos,idibias,malams etc are all man made gods or idol worshippers unknown gods.

JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY WAY MY FRIENDS and no other ways ,no short cut to heaven so why is it that people like u find it very difficult to believe in GOD and the lord JESUS CHRIST AS UR LORD AND ONLY SAVIOUR,
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by bawomolo(m): 2:09am On Nov 27, 2009
shanti jay:

why people dont compare other religions as u mention in discussion is that so many of this religions are the type our fore fathers in africa were worshipping '''UNKNOWN gods''' or man made gods

news flash, The God(s) of the bible and koran are man-made gods too. the only reason the Gods of our fore fathers have taken a backseat is because they lost the war during the scramble for Africa and uthman dan fodio's jihad.

he who wins a war, gets to rewrite history.
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by Nobody: 5:08am On Nov 27, 2009
so why did the gods of your forefathers lose the war?

and which gods are you saying took a back seat?
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by DeepSight(m): 2:31pm On Nov 27, 2009
bawomolo:

how is the statement that God GAVE US freewill a self-evident act? How do you know freewill was granted by a God?

Since Freewill exists, then it is given, or came from whatever element caused man to exist. You know very well of my description of God as the "first cause", so you should understand why i regard him as being the progenitor of man's freewill.

bawomolo:

I'm not arguing freewill (although that can be argued)

Really? It can be argued?And with what will did you decide to become an atheist? An enslaved will?
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by bawomolo(m): 1:41am On Nov 28, 2009
tpia.:

so why did the gods of your forefathers lose the war?

and which gods are you saying took a back seat?

gods don't fight war, people fight them.   Recent statistics have shown african traditional religions are now a minority.

Deep Sight:

Since Freewill exists, then it is given, or came from whatever element caused man to exist. You know very well of my description of God as the "first cause", so you should understand why i regard him as being the progenitor of man's freewill.

but how do you this freewill is provided by a God?  You still haven't explained to me how this first cause is a God. Another question, why do you refer to this "first cause" as "him".  where did your knowledge of god's gender come from? 

Does the first cause have to be a man?

Really? It can be argued?And with what will did you decide to become an atheist? An enslaved will?

Yes it can be argued, does a God with knowledge of everything not have an inkling of what man is going to do?
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by Nobody: 1:44am On Nov 28, 2009
bawomolo:

gods don't fight war, people fight them.   Recent statistics have shown african traditional religions are now a minority.

in your dreams maybe, but in any case, how does that affect you?

any reason why you're so bothered everyone isnt the same religion as you?
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by bawomolo(m): 1:50am On Nov 28, 2009
tpia.:

in your dreams maybe, but in any case, how does that affect you?

any reason why you're so bothered everyone isnt the same religion as you?

Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by CrazyMan(m): 2:01am On Nov 28, 2009
@Topic.

Of what concern is that to us undecided
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by skyone(m): 10:05am On Nov 28, 2009
Deapsight clearly knows the truth but can't just bear it, therefore he's actively looking for a consolatory way out to suit his idealogies which is non existence i'm afraid.

However rather than expressing his cunning or ingenuity idealogies towards the gospel of Jesus Christ i reckon he should invest his energy in a more rewarding materials that will benefit him. He's got that head for a constructive debate though
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by viaro: 11:05am On Nov 28, 2009
Where have I been as to have missed this thread? undecided

@the OP:
Atheists:

His bogus arguments on the existence of a nameless god are taken straight from a christian apologist handbook.
How does that make Deep Sight a "fundamentalist" or a "closet Christian"? Of what relevance was this thread anyway?

This may not be to everyone's liking, but it amazes me how people can afford to be so bigoted at others without even realizing it. There are many people who like to engage discussions and talk about 'belief' in one form or another - whether in atheistic religions, deism, or theism. People should be free to hold their own ideas (sometimes argued passionately as they wish) about God or 'god' and related phenomena, so long as we all keep a good head and eschew being deliberately caustic and puerile towards other discussants. At the end of the day, some may make some sense - others may not, and thereby fail to communicate effectively or convincingly. I don't see how that should become the pivot for some of the acrid statements made against this individual in this thread (to the extent that someone very early opines to call him 'a disguised and pretentious hell-bound anti-Christ').

The attitudes we sometimes display towards other people who believe differently from us leaves me scratching my head till it's sore. Why write off someone in such a manner as to infer the fiendish hell-bound anti-whatever on him? I just imagine that when the apostles went out on their missionary journeys and encountered people of different belief systems, the wonder of it all if they had made the same sweeping statements about those people. An example: in Acts 17, it is clear that the Athenians also believed in God (or at the very least, a 'god') whom they termed "THE UNKNOWN GOD". Paul even went so far as to acknowledge that some of their own poets had some thoughts about believing in God, such that they expressed in poetically as "we are also his offspring". Rather than shake his fists at the Athenians and write them off as hell-bound devils, he used the opportunity to present his message - "Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you".

The Athenians may not have held the very same theological views of the Jews; for they said in verse 19: "thou bringest certain strange things to our ears". There were also philosophers who encountered Paul; and even at the end some believed, some others mocked, and even some others desired to discuss more deeply with Paul on what he was preaching. What was Paul's attitude? "So Paul departed from among them" - that much he did, without slapping unpalatable appellations on those who disbelieved or mocked.

It is also interesting that some notable personalities were mentioned as among those who believed: Dionysius the Areopagite. Phew! That blew my mind, folks. I've always wondered how someone (especially a philosopher of no meager standing) could come to believe the Gospel of Christ for himself.

Being bigoted and caustic towards others seems to be the inevitable recourse when someone challenges our own belief systems, whatever they are: deism, theism or atheism. Some people's atheism might be mocked as much as is the deism of others. I concede that mockers against the Gospel of Christ abound; but how does that personally help those who delight in ridiculing other people?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Loneliness And Singleness Are Different Things! / Lioness In Zoo Kills Man Who Invoked God / Honour God Wit Ur Ist Fruit By Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.