Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Volvo V40 Engine Number And Identification - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Volvo V40 Engine Number And Identification (1472 Views)

Engine Number Wahala / Please Help A Brother Select: Volvo V40 And Golf 3 / Vehicle Registration With No Engine Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Volvo V40 Engine Number And Identification by sexuential: 12:38pm On Feb 03, 2016
Please house, I would like to know how to present the engine number during registration of the papers of volvo v40. how is it suppose to be. nigerian police , d all knowing are trying to defraud me.
Re: Volvo V40 Engine Number And Identification by Nobody: 2:21pm On Feb 03, 2016
sexuential:
Please house, I would like to know how to present the engine number during registration of the papers of volvo v40. how is it suppose to be. nigerian police , d all knowing are trying to defraud me.

are u trying to clone someones engine number ?? angry
Re: Volvo V40 Engine Number And Identification by sexuential: 12:17am On Feb 04, 2016
No I am not. I use a Volvo v40 and as at d time of registration, d engine number was not found. So DO was put on DAT space. Now that I av seen d numbers, I want to know d exact one that is d engine number and how many digits it is.
Re: Volvo V40 Engine Number And Identification by ruke84(m): 7:07am On Feb 05, 2016
I use a volvo v40 and the engine number used is the engine serial number located on the plastic.cover covering the timing belt
Re: Volvo V40 Engine Number And Identification by sexuential: 11:12am On Feb 05, 2016
ruke84:
I use a volvo v40 and the engine number used is the engine serial number located on the plastic.cover covering the timing belt

How many digits does it have.
Re: Volvo V40 Engine Number And Identification by Akayshittu: 4:34pm On Feb 05, 2016
@Ruke84,

please what is your advice or experience like on volvo V40. I wish to get one say year 2000 model with auto transmission. Is it what the buy because i have two cars in mind; golf 3 or V40. But i love the shape of the V40. Which is best to buy for a first time car owner with average income in Nigeria?
Re: Volvo V40 Engine Number And Identification by ruke84(m): 11:17pm On Feb 05, 2016
I have been using my V40, automatic transmission for 3 years now and it has been a wonderful car. Not had any issue. Following maintenance as strict as i can to keep it in top condition (using the right oil and replacing timing belt as required). Fuel consumption is perfect too. I cover about 800 miles every month. I also do all maintenance on my own. Would advice you to go for it. Planning on getting an S60 next.

Akayshittu:
@Ruke84,

please what is your advice or experience like on volvo V40. I wish to get one say year 2000 model with auto transmission. Is it what the buy because i have two cars in mind; golf 3 or V40. But i love the shape of the V40. Which is best to buy for a first time car owner with average income in Nigeria?
Re: Volvo V40 Engine Number And Identification by Akayshittu: 10:35pm On Feb 06, 2016
Thank you ruke84 for the insight. I think am more convinced about the volvo V40 now. I guess the A/C is also a good one.
Re: Volvo V40 Engine Number And Identification by ruke84(m): 6:22am On Feb 07, 2016
Akayshittu:
Thank you ruke84 for the insight. I think am more convinced about the volvo V40 now. I guess the A/C is also a good one.
my a.c. works ok. Though I have had to top the gas once because there was a leakage a connector but on the average, the a.c. is very ok.
Re: Volvo V40 Engine Number And Identification by valarinz: 10:26am On Feb 11, 2016
sexuential:

Bro, just leave the space blank, Volvo engine number is usually written underneath the engine. So, unless you intend to bring down the engine in order to view the number, you should just leave it blank, no policeman can view it anyways to confirm even if you wrote any gibberish in place.

Thanks
Re: Volvo V40 Engine Number And Identification by valarinz: 10:30am On Feb 11, 2016
Akayshittu:
@Ruke84,

Bro, with all my heart, I'll advise you to buy the V40, especially if you can lay your hands on the ones with 16 valve engine, you'll be a happy man till 5yrs from now. Low fuel consumption, very very cheap parts and not troublesome at all so long as you change oil as supposed, good balance and acceleration coupled with solid sound system. You will never regret and its coming from a tested Volvo enthusiast.

Thanks
Re: Volvo V40 Engine Number And Identification by Akayshittu: 9:10pm On Feb 12, 2016
@valarinz, I do appreciate ur concern. Is a Nigerian used good to buy?
Re: Volvo V40 Engine Number And Identification by valarinz: 7:25am On Feb 14, 2016
Akayshittu:
@valarinz, I do appreciate ur concern. Is a Nigerian used good to buy?

If it's clean and well used, just inspect well. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Need Urgent Help With My 2002 Toyota Highlander / Where Can I Do A Diagnosis For Car Suspension in Lagos / Conversion Of VR6 To I4 Engine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.