Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,853 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

Where Can I Do A Diagnosis For Car Suspension in Lagos - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Where Can I Do A Diagnosis For Car Suspension in Lagos (1468 Views)

REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Car Suspension: 7 Indicators That Your Car Has Suspension Problems / See The Difference Between Bose Amazing Suspension & A Normal Car Suspension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Can I Do A Diagnosis For Car Suspension in Lagos by lonelydude: 4:34pm On Sep 08, 2017
Hello, Please does anyone know where I can do a suspension diagnosis for my car. It's RAV4 02 Model and I reside in Lagos Mainland.

I need an experienced auto person to help diagnose, identify and fix the source of the noise I hear when I'm driving on rough paths or whenever I enter a pothole.

Your assistance will greatly be appreciated.
Re: Where Can I Do A Diagnosis For Car Suspension in Lagos by diportivo: 8:51pm On Sep 08, 2017

call to book an appointment
Re: Where Can I Do A Diagnosis For Car Suspension in Lagos by lonelydude: 12:03pm On Sep 24, 2017
diportivo:

call to book an appointment

Thanks bro. Engr said he doesn't deal with '02 and earlier anymore.I truly wish he still does coz i just wasted 15k on a mechanic who said I needed to change stabilizer linkage and rubber. He made the changes but apparently, the noise is still there.

I'm completely at a loss on what to do now.
Any advice from Auto experts are earnestly required at this time.
Re: Where Can I Do A Diagnosis For Car Suspension in Lagos by nurey(m): 4:41pm On Sep 24, 2017
There are alot of things that can cause that. You can meet honmusa @ gbagada to help you diagnose it, he is on Nairaland
Re: Where Can I Do A Diagnosis For Car Suspension in Lagos by erico2k2(m): 10:05am On Sep 25, 2017
lonelydude:

Thanks bro. Engr said he doesn't deal with '02 and earlier anymore.I truly wish he still does coz i just wasted 15k on a mechanic who said I needed to change stabilizer linkage and rubber. He made the changes but apparently, the noise is still there.

I'm completely at a loss on what to do now.
Any advice from Auto experts are earnestly required at this time.
well 1st and foremost, where does teh noise come from?
Front or Rear,?
Driver or Passenger side?
Suspensions are far more delicate than we think even fitting new ones might still create noise.
Reason vast majority of Mechanics dont know the Torque specification or just dont own a torque wrench.
Some dont even know at what height to torque the suspension.
YOu can check few things yourself if you can afford to get your hands dirty for one hour.
Check your upper and lower control arms by shaking your tyres at the 9 &3 O'clock positions.
Re: Where Can I Do A Diagnosis For Car Suspension in Lagos by Mcmanuel(m): 10:39am On Sep 25, 2017
cc: mayor2103

his good
Re: Where Can I Do A Diagnosis For Car Suspension in Lagos by lonelydude: 1:11pm On Sep 25, 2017
erico2k2:

well 1st and foremost, where does teh noise come from?
Front or Rear,?
Driver or Passenger side?
Suspensions are far more delicate than we think even fitting new ones might still create noise.
Reason vast majority of Mechanics dont know the Torque specification or just dont own a torque wrench.
Some dont even know at what height to torque the suspension.
YOu can check few things yourself if you can afford to get your hands dirty for one hour.
Check your upper and lower control arms by shaking your tyres at the 9 &3 O'clock positions.

The noise comes from the front by driver's side.

One of the first things I did when i first discovered the noise was was the 9&3/12&6 o'clock tyre shaking position. There was no movement in either direction. I guess this test is used to test the ball joints.

I hear this noise only when I drive through a pothole and very rough surfaces.
Re: Where Can I Do A Diagnosis For Car Suspension in Lagos by lonelydude: 1:14pm On Sep 25, 2017
nurey:
There are alot of things that can cause that. You can meet honmusa @ gbagada to help you diagnose it, he is on Nairaland

Engr Honmusa,

Please, if you are seeing this, your expert advice is humbly requested here.
Re: Where Can I Do A Diagnosis For Car Suspension in Lagos by erico2k2(m): 1:33pm On Sep 25, 2017
lonelydude:

The noise comes from the front by driver's side.

One of the first things I did when i first discovered the noise was was the 9&3/12&6 o'clock tyre shaking position. There was no movement in either direction. I guess this test is used to test the ball joints.

I hear this noise only when I drive through a pothole and very rough surfaces.
SO its an Up n Down movement on that wheel, might be Bushings,in all get a good mech to have a look and replace with genuine part.It wont be a big deal! Honmusa is up to the task
Re: Where Can I Do A Diagnosis For Car Suspension in Lagos by lonelydude: 1:54pm On Sep 25, 2017
erico2k2:

SO its an Up n Down movement on that wheel, might be Bushings,in all get a good mech to have a look and replace with genuine part.It wont be a big deal! Honmusa is up to the task

Absolutely! Thanks alot for that insight.

Engr Honmusa, looking forward to checking you out soon.

I sincerely hope you work on 02 cars.
Re: Where Can I Do A Diagnosis For Car Suspension in Lagos by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 12:22pm On Aug 16, 2018
Thank you for this.
lonelydude:

Engr Honmusa,

Please, if you are seeing this, your expert advice is humbly requested here.

Please check signature in pink below and get in touch to enjoy our Free Real Estate/Property Consulting services!!!

(1) (Reply)

Please Suggest Suitable Car Paint. / I Just Bought Tok Highlander V6 2005 Which Engine Oil / EOD Engine Mounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.