Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean (30686 Views)

Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean / How The Crashed Bristow Helicopter Was Transported To Lagos (photos) / Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean by winkmart: 1:40pm On Feb 03, 2016
Thank God
Re: Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean by cc150615(f): 1:42pm On Feb 03, 2016
When you're at the airport nd u hear that a chopper that left a while ago just crashed.
Re: Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean by totorimi: 1:42pm On Feb 03, 2016
Bristow helicopters again, this must be poor maintenance standards it cannot be anything else, maybe they can't pay their experts again so they resort to cheap labour due to poor economic situation.
O Lord save your innocent children looking for daily bread from blood thirsty and greedy employers.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean by kcowen(m): 1:42pm On Feb 03, 2016
Not again,12 August 2015 is still very clear on our mind...Does bristow helicopter have any covenant with Lagos Lagoon
Re: Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:47pm On Feb 03, 2016
THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT NOBODY DIED. THE BAD NEWS IS THAT AN HELICOPTER CRASHED.
THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT THE HELECOPTER CAN BE REPAIRED.
THE BAD NEWS IS THAT IT IS BRISTOW HELECOPTER AGAIN
Re: Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean by Donbabajay12(m): 1:48pm On Feb 03, 2016
yemmight:

Not confirmed yet
Dnt u knw ow to read
Re: Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean by YaksonFCA(m): 1:49pm On Feb 03, 2016
ThankGod no live was lost.
Re: Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean by inri: 1:50pm On Feb 03, 2016
so early this year. God save this country. amen
Re: Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean by 4nobody4every1: 1:51pm On Feb 03, 2016
Keneking:
lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh embarassed

"No life was lost in the incident." Amazing rescue....
This chimpanzee will soon be a Professor, he reads alot.buhahahah
Re: Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean by MrBLING(m): 1:53pm On Feb 03, 2016
yemmight:

Not confirmed yet

Article says all 11 persons alive survived.
Re: Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean by mikylon(m): 1:54pm On Feb 03, 2016
So so happy that no life was lost. This calls for a detailed investigation in bristow helicopter operation. If
Found at fault, there operating licence should be seized.
Re: Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean by mmsen: 1:56pm On Feb 03, 2016
Why is this company so incompetent?

Second incident in less than a year.

People are quick to denigrate Nigerians and Nigerian companies - what do you people have to say when oyinbo cause death because they don't take the necessary precautions?
Re: Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean by felony101(m): 2:00pm On Feb 03, 2016
SAme airline we lost Peter Bello on...... RIP broo u r still remembered. Bristow make una take una tym o
Re: Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean by ifypedro38(m): 2:04pm On Feb 03, 2016
Jesus is Lord
Re: Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean by fayol123: 2:09pm On Feb 03, 2016
only GOD could do that...
Re: Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean by Makweembo: 2:14pm On Feb 03, 2016
Well, I want to remind people of TB Joshua's words last week Sunday. He told people to pray for Nigeria 'this coming Wednesday' because of an incident that was about to happen. He said that if prayers were offered, the hand of God would be seen in the midst of the incident. Thank God all lives were rescued!
Re: Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean by Reference(m): 2:16pm On Feb 03, 2016
Only in Nigeria. They lost a bird a few months ago. Does anyone know why it crashed. Bad enough. Another goes down. When will it be REASONABLE to ground the fleet until we know, 'what the hell is going on' (sorry Mr. Trump). If memory serves me well I can't recollect more than a couple of conclusive reports on the dozen or so air mishaps over the last twenty odd years when all of them occured on dry land. Are we really this cavaliar with life.
Re: Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean by Reference(m): 2:23pm On Feb 03, 2016
TOPCRUISE:
THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT NOBODY DIED. THE BAD NEWS IS THAT AN HELICOPTER CRASHED.
THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT THE HELECOPTER CAN BE REPAIRED.
THE BAD NEWS IS THAT IT IS BRISTOW HELECOPTER AGAIN

Aircraft especially choppers are not that resilient. That thing is dead. Repairing it to meet airworthiness is akin to replacing it completely and the risks are just out of this world. Remember the plane that killed Agagu the second time and the Dana fleet. Anything beyond engine overhaul is a death sentence in Nigeria.
Re: Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean by Djshyne007(m): 2:32pm On Feb 03, 2016
Bristow Helicopters and crashes....God help them
Re: Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean by muystoy(m): 2:32pm On Feb 03, 2016
Thank you Jesus,i can't express how joyful I am that there are no casualties
Re: Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean by jossy26: 2:33pm On Feb 03, 2016
all these bloggers should stop misinforming people, that wasnt a crash, its a controlled ditching which is done by the pilot whenever he notices something unusual to the craft and hes convinced the craft may not get to its destination. its totally different from a crash....thank God no live was lost. bristow operations needs to be seriously revamped asap

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean by Myself2(m): 2:39pm On Feb 03, 2016
[size=16pt]Only the pilot and her co-pilot and 9 people were aboard the sirkosky-76 as they were coming from PH to ferry oil workers,they had some technical hitches and decided to ditch the bird in the water (not really CRASHED)[/size]
Re: Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean by trappatoni(m): 2:40pm On Feb 03, 2016
Thank God, no life was lost. The company should look into their operation please.
Re: Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean by swezenberg(m): 3:05pm On Feb 03, 2016
I have boarded those helicopters offshore on a number of occasion. Sometimes I fear for my life when I see the Ocean beneath and we have to fly for over almost an hour over the Atlantic. We were trained on how to survive till rescue comes but what about those sharks, Barracudas and whales we see from the platforms.
Re: Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean by zord33k(m): 3:13pm On Feb 03, 2016
Thank God no casualty recorded..
Re: Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean by Myself2(m): 3:18pm On Feb 03, 2016
swezenberg:
I have boarded those helicopters offshore on a number of occasion. Sometimes I fear for my life when I see the Ocean beneath and we have to fly for over almost an hour over the Atlantic. We were trained on how to survive till rescue comes but what about those sharks, Barracudas and whales we see from the platforms.

Once the twin floaters on either side of the bird ate deployed, the aircraft will pretty much stay afloat till help comes, so while you're inside the chopper you'll be safe

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean by EbolaParasite: 4:03pm On Feb 03, 2016
mmsen:
Why is this company so incompetent?

Second incident in less than a year.

People are quick to denigrate Nigerians and Nigerian companies - what do you people have to say when oyinbo cause death because they don't take the necessary precautions?

Una don start. They actually have a pretty good record. They've been flying the route several times everyday for so many years. It's a sad event when a major mishap/technical difficulty like this happens but lets stop the ignorance.
Re: Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean by Mishydoo(m): 4:04pm On Feb 03, 2016
Nobody died....why is it news den
Re: Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean by mmsen: 4:48pm On Feb 03, 2016
EbolaParasite:

Una don start. They actually have a pretty good record. They've been flying the route several times everyday for so many years. It's a sad event when a major mishap/technical difficulty like this happens but lets stop the ignorance.

Two accidents in 6 months is a pretty poor record and indicative of slipping standards.

Why are you afraid of questions being asked?
Re: Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean by cc150615(f): 5:01pm On Feb 03, 2016
Well like the news said, it wasn't exactly a crash but a controlled ditching nd dt probably explains why no life was lost, the pilot probably saw reasons why he couldn't continue the journey safely nd an emergency ditching was the safest way whereby all the passengers would have been pre-informed an well prepared for ditching.
But anyways we still thank God for safety of all the lives.
Re: Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean by goodgate: 5:04pm On Feb 03, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Declares 2-month Free Ride As Osinbajo Flags Off Lagos -abeokuta Rail Feb.6 / The N4.5 Billion Underpass Project In Kano (photos) / Car Somersaults In Obadare, Lagos, Pregnant Woman Killed (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.