Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,606 members, 7,809,218 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

Volvo S60 2006 Model - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Volvo S60 2006 Model (3247 Views)

Chinese Volvo Owner, Geely, Becomes Largest Shareholder In Mercedes-benz / Why do Nigerians avoid Volvo Cars (S80) / Volvo Unveils Autonomous Garbage Truck (kolekole) - Photo & Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Volvo S60 2006 Model by Nobody: 2:41pm On Feb 03, 2016
Planning on getting the ride after a saw one for sale near my area( toks). called a mechanic in my area and he tried to discourage me. pls what are the cons of this car and volvos generally ?
Re: Volvo S60 2006 Model by tutuwater(m): 9:53pm On Feb 03, 2016
Nobody will answer you. That is what they do when it is a volvo. I wanted to buy an s60 too. I learnt there are tokunbo volvo parts but everybody else is discouraging me. What I plan to do is stop owners of s60 on the road and ask them how they are coping.

6 Likes

Re: Volvo S60 2006 Model by ednut1(m): 3:17pm On Feb 04, 2016
tutuwater:
Nobody will answer you. That is what they do when it is a volvo. I wanted to buy an s60 too. I learnt there are tokunbo volvo parts but everybody else is discouraging me. What I plan to do is stop owners of s60 on the road and ask them how they are coping.
would love your update too
Re: Volvo S60 2006 Model by bayooz(m): 5:26pm On Feb 04, 2016

1 Like

Re: Volvo S60 2006 Model by BTT(m): 6:00pm On Feb 04, 2016
Let's keep this conversation alive. I am interested.
Re: Volvo S60 2006 Model by tutuwater(m): 6:57pm On Feb 04, 2016
Seriously, I have been tracking two users of s60 in my area. But I have not been able to get their report on the reliability and fuel consumption.
One uses the gold trim with black interior and the other the deep blue with the cream interior.
Re: Volvo S60 2006 Model by Peacefullife: 9:55pm On Feb 04, 2016
I use an 06 Volvo S40. Quite a good and rugged car. Just maintain it well and it will treat you right. 3 years and counting, engine and transmission can't be any better. Parts are available at Alhaji Amusa Street in Iyana Isolo, and very cheap, especially for the type you want to get.

If that is what your heart desires, go for it and enjoy it. One thing I have learnt from the cars I use now is that: never allow anyone discourage you from buying your choice of cars.

By the way, I have every reason to complain about parts because I don't even reside in Lagos. But hey, I am not, because I hardly need them.

1 Like

Re: Volvo S60 2006 Model by dannydevito(m): 10:42pm On Feb 04, 2016
Good car good engine
But dont abuse it......There are some things should adhere to and pls dont visit kazeems
Re: Volvo S60 2006 Model by ednut1(m): 3:04pm On Feb 05, 2016
cool cool
Re: Volvo S60 2006 Model by valarinz: 10:45am On Feb 11, 2016
sage50:
Planning on getting the ride after a saw one for sale near my area( toks). called a mechanic in my area and he tried to discourage me. pls what are the cons of this car and volvos generally ?

Very good car, reliable and very technologically advanced compared to its peers, and also much cheaper to maintain and buy

My only worry is that soon Nigerians will discover the secret which we the Volvo users have been enjoying and flock to Volvo with their follow follow mentality thereby making the prices of both the car and the parts go up astronomically

Volvo S60 or S40 will give you better service and fuel economy than most other cars of the same year production, including the popular Hondas and Toyotas. Just make sure you buy a clean and sound one and you're good to go.

NB: avoid the 6 plugs versions, buy only the 4 or 5 plugs versions. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Volvo S60 2006 Model by KPro(m): 4:24pm On Jan 18, 2019
Funny you... So have you been able to stop any of them? Because I am in the same dilemma right now.
tutuwater:
Re: Volvo S60 2006 Model by KPro(m): 4:26pm On Jan 18, 2019
tutuwater:
Funny you... So have you been able to stop any of them? Because I am in the same dilemma right now
Re: Volvo S60 2006 Model by valarinz: 10:21am On Jan 19, 2019
KPro:
Funny you... So have you been able to stop any of them? Because I am in the same dilemma right now

Explain "dilemma" pls, got a bad volvo?
Re: Volvo S60 2006 Model by RZArecta2(m): 1:07pm On Jan 19, 2019
valarinz:

Explain "dilemma" pls, got a bad volvo?
dilemma of being discouraged from buying a Volvo by several people but now left with the option of having to stop Volvo users on the road and asking their opinion about the ride

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Volvo S60 2006 Model by valarinz: 7:03pm On Jan 19, 2019
RZArecta2:
dilemma of being discouraged from buying a Volvo by several people but now left with the option of having to stop Volvo users on the road and asking their opinion about the ride

Lol grin
Re: Volvo S60 2006 Model by onatisi(m): 12:22pm On Jan 20, 2019
this post really got me cracking
RZArecta2:
Re: Volvo S60 2006 Model by onatisi(m): 12:25pm On Jan 20, 2019
this thread deserves front page , it is damm funny grin
Re: Volvo S60 2006 Model by cokegee: 3:28pm On Jan 24, 2019
hello guys i had this volvo on my mind, so luckily for me i was at the bus stop, i saw guy in S80 trying to start the car, but did not start, i did not know how to approach someone who is battling with is car and start asking him questions about the car. But later he called me as said i should help him to push the car away from the road, then i asked him about the car, he said was just driving and it stopped, i ask about the price of the car and parts, he said the are is cheap and parts too, but it usually have problem.

Now i dont know maybe the guy is not lucky or it is a general thing
Re: Volvo S60 2006 Model by valarinz: 5:57pm On Jan 24, 2019
cokegee:
hello guys i had this volvo on my mind, so luckily for me i was at the bus stop, i saw guy in S80 trying to start the car, but did not start, i did not know how to approach someone who is battling with is car and start asking him questions about the car. But later he called me as said i should help him to push the car away from the road, then i asked him about the car, he said was just driving and it stopped, i ask about the price of the car and parts, he said the are is cheap and parts too, but it usually have problem.

Now i dont know maybe the guy is not lucky or it is a general thing

S80 (2000-2005), T6 or 6cyl inline = angry

(1) (Reply)

Golf 4 Vs Primera P11-144 / Battery/alternator Problems: Help! / Grills2Grills Nigeria's ultimate automobile & bike show to open this weekend.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.