Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,122 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Arik Air Please Refund My Money, Its Over 40 Days Now! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Arik Air Please Refund My Money, Its Over 40 Days Now! (14301 Views)

Smoke In Arik Air Plane Forces Pilot To Make Emergency Landing In Ghana / How Can I Get First Nation Airways To Refund My Hard Earned Money.help! / Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arik Air Please Refund My Money, Its Over 40 Days Now! by Lexusgs430: 2:02pm On Feb 07, 2016
IBEXY:

One ticket booked in one transaction for "to" and "back" from Nigeria.
For only me.

All you owe them is £200.00
NB: Does the small print stipulate a timeframe on notification for cancellation?
Re: Arik Air Please Refund My Money, Its Over 40 Days Now! by IBEXY(m): 5:01pm On Feb 07, 2016
Lexusgs430:

All you owe them is £200.00
NB: Does the small print stipulate a timeframe on notification for cancellation?
As far as I can see, nowhere does the T&C list time frames as earlier posted by someone early in the thread.
Re: Arik Air Please Refund My Money, Its Over 40 Days Now! by IBEXY(m): 9:25pm On Feb 10, 2016
Update:
I still have not got my money back or a response from Arik Air as to why I am being charged £500+ for refund processing.
For legal reasons, I cannot say more.
Watch out for more updates.
Its now 48 days since I first applied for refunds.

2 Likes

Re: Arik Air Please Refund My Money, Its Over 40 Days Now! by IBEXY(m): 10:20am On Mar 05, 2016
Update:

I now have a confirmation/ agreement from Arik Air that I should get the refund I was expecting: £1120.66
Instead of £721.86 undecided

Recall:

- The amount I paid for my ticket: £1320.66

- According to the e-ticket T&C, Refund charge is: £200.

- Instead Arik Air decided Refund charge should be: £598.8

- If I had agreed to pay, I would have lost a whooping: £398.8

Its been over 2 weeks since they agreed to pay me back the correct amount.
The new problem is to get them to actuality pay up.

1 Like

Re: Arik Air Please Refund My Money, Its Over 40 Days Now! by Lexusgs430: 1:04pm On Mar 05, 2016
IBEXY:
Update:

I now have a confirmation/ agreement from Arik Air that I should get the refund I was expecting: £1120.66

Recall:

I honestly thought about this thread yesterday and wanted to post a message requesting updates, but could not locate the thread.

Your news is progress. They would pay up, or else you head to a small claims court!!!
You are on the winning side. I know you might need the cash ASAP, but it would still come your way.
Take heart!!!
Re: Arik Air Please Refund My Money, Its Over 40 Days Now! by Moana(f): 9:29pm On Mar 05, 2016
Go to their offices
Re: Arik Air Please Refund My Money, Its Over 40 Days Now! by SenJoe(m): 9:35pm On Mar 05, 2016
Moana:
Go to their offices

If you get there, make sure u create a good scene, and tell them u will be back in 48 hrs, if they refuse to refund.
Re: Arik Air Please Refund My Money, Its Over 40 Days Now! by Moana(f): 3:34am On Mar 06, 2016
SenJoe:

If you get there, make sure u create a good scene, and tell them u will be back in 48 hrs, if the refuse to refund.
this one wants to get you arrested grin

1 Like

Re: Arik Air Please Refund My Money, Its Over 40 Days Now! by SenJoe(m): 6:48am On Mar 06, 2016
Moana:
this one wants to get you arrested grin

Are you the Op?

What warranted that insult?

Pls, I don't deal with people that lacks respect.

1 Like

Re: Arik Air Please Refund My Money, Its Over 40 Days Now! by Moana(f): 8:01am On Mar 06, 2016
SenJoe:

Are you the Op?

What warranted that insult?

Pls, I don't deal with people that lacks respect.
which one of those words is an insult? undecided

1 Like

Re: Arik Air Please Refund My Money, Its Over 40 Days Now! by SenJoe(m): 12:28pm On Mar 06, 2016
Moana:
which one of those words is an insult? undecided

Why would you use the pronoun "One" to describe a fellow Human being.

1 Like

Re: Arik Air Please Refund My Money, Its Over 40 Days Now! by Lexusgs430: 1:02pm On Apr 10, 2016
IBEXY:
Update:

Recall:

How far with this refund?
Re: Arik Air Please Refund My Money, Its Over 40 Days Now! by IBEXY(m): 2:45pm On Aug 29, 2016
Believe it or not, this is still going on. Cant say a lot for legal reasons.
Re: Arik Air Please Refund My Money, Its Over 40 Days Now! by Lexusgs430: 9:48pm On Aug 29, 2016
IBEXY:
Believe it or not, this is still going on. Cant say a lot for legal reasons.

They would surely have to pay compensation for this delay and funds kidnap
Re: Arik Air Please Refund My Money, Its Over 40 Days Now! by favored4real: 12:31pm On Jan 19, 2017
Actually, Arik Air is a total disappointment to herself and Nigerians!! I am having a refund issue with them right now!

My flight to Owerri from Abuja was cancelled by Arik due to "operational reasons" in a rather unpalatable manner. My ticket number and booking reference are 725 21089 75326 and IDQSWN respectively.

I made a refund request at the Arik Air counter at the airport on December 6, 2016 and was told that I will get a refund in 21 days. Up to this moment I have not heard from Arik Air. I have sent several emails to Arik Air concerning the refund and there is no response from them whatsoever. How can airline that really wants to succeed in the industry be so callous and unprofessional?

I really need the refund of my payment of N48,799 for the round trip ticket. I used my ATM card to make the payment and the cash left my account immediately. It is, therefore, incomprehensible to me why the refund should take so long. What is more annoying is the lack of response from the Arik Air on the matter.

I have written to them severally (to their many emails) and even copied CPC and I am still waiting.

How can an airline that claims it has no aviation fuel be allowed to book clients for flights, cancel the flights in a disrespectful manner at the last minute, and still be allowed to do business with passengers' funds for months before making refunds? Can you imagine how many passengers that gave up pursuing their refunds and what may have happened to their money? If they are counting on me giving up then they need to think again!
Re: Arik Air Please Refund My Money, Its Over 40 Days Now! by IBEXY(m): 4:38pm On Feb 15, 2017
Welcome to the miserable service called arik air
I am the original poster here and after 1 year am still fighting for my money
Re: Arik Air Please Refund My Money, Its Over 40 Days Now! by gabbytabby: 12:37am On Mar 16, 2017
I stumbled on this while trying to find out whether refund was made to customers whose flight has been suspended. This is not looking promising at all.
Re: Arik Air Please Refund My Money, Its Over 40 Days Now! by IBEXY(m): 5:27pm On Mar 16, 2017
with Arik you will be making a serious mistake if your intention was, as a patriotic Nigerian, to patronise a company from our motherland

I have learnt the hard way

Everyday we blame the government yet we are the author of our own problems
Re: Arik Air Please Refund My Money, Its Over 40 Days Now! by nnenneigbo(f): 12:37pm On Jun 22, 2017
Can people all come together and take them to court?
Re: Arik Air Please Refund My Money, Its Over 40 Days Now! by Lexusgs430: 4:26pm On Jun 23, 2017
nnenneigbo:
Can people all come together and take them to court?

Like a class action?
Is Arik Air out of administration?
Re: Arik Air Please Refund My Money, Its Over 40 Days Now! by nnenneigbo(f): 4:57pm On Sep 15, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Like a class action?
Is Arik Air out of administration?
don't know
Re: Arik Air Please Refund My Money, Its Over 40 Days Now! by x2lambo(m): 12:14pm On Sep 26, 2017
Arik hasn't make my refund since January and they keep saying they are processing it ...
Re: Arik Air Please Refund My Money, Its Over 40 Days Now! by Sideshow: 10:03pm On Dec 04, 2017
I think if possible this thread should be posted as a sticky or brought to the front page. Moderator please note.
I think there are others out there who are still awaiting refunds from Arik upwards of 6 months, who are not aware or have nowhere to say their minds. Personally, within the week I intend to make petitions to the House committee on aviation and the house committee on public petitions, I think if others are made aware then Arik and their unprofessional Customer service can stop witholding peoples money, hoping that they forget about it.

My advice to anybody going to travel internationally or to other ECOWAS countries. Do NOT use Arik! However, if you wish to pay for a flight that is most likely going to be cancelled, then go ahead.
Re: Arik Air Please Refund My Money, Its Over 40 Days Now! by x2lambo(m): 11:14pm On Dec 04, 2017
I got an sms from arik last month stating they will be able to make a refund in may 2018 that’s ticket purchase in December 2016 .... arik is just a huge joke
Re: Arik Air Please Refund My Money, Its Over 40 Days Now! by SageTravels: 11:22am On Apr 26, 2019
This long process is the main reason i advise people to forget about refund on Arik. I wrote on why passengers should forget about arik Air refund. You can read it

https://www.sagetravels.com/why-you-should-not-refund-arik-air-ticket/

I pointed out other things or better was to utilize your unused Arik Air ticket instead of asking for a refund. I talked about how to open the ticket, Changing the ticket etc is better than refund.
Re: Arik Air Please Refund My Money, Its Over 40 Days Now! by lorhema(f): 2:46pm On Apr 26, 2019
SageTravels:
This long process is the main reason i advise people to forget about refund on Arik. I wrote on why passengers should forget about arik Air refund. You can read it https://www.sagetravels.com/why-you-should-not-refund-arik-air-ticket/

I pointed out other things or better was to utilize your unused Arik Air ticket instead of asking for a refund. I talked about how to open the ticket, Changing the ticket etc is better than refund.

True. It's better to use the ticket than get HBP pursuing them for a refund.

When the family travelled to Lagos last year Arik cancelled the flight and said we should contact customer care. We jejely went to the airport the following day determined to get on the plane since we had our tickets and they were the ones who cancelled the flight.

My uncle had followed them up for a refund on his West coast flight ticket till I felt sorry for him.

Eventually, they insisted they had paid him but there was no sign of such a payment to his account

That was the episode that made me know refunds are a difficult issue with Arik.
Re: Arik Air Please Refund My Money, Its Over 40 Days Now! by SageTravels: 11:04pm On Apr 26, 2019
lorhema:

True. It's better to use the ticket than get HBP pursuing them for a refund.

When the family travelled to Lagos last year Arik cancelled the flight and said we should contact customer care. We jejely went to the airport the following day determined to get on the plane since we had our tickets and they were the ones who cancelled the flight.

My uncle had followed them up for a refund on his West coast flight ticket till I felt sorry for him.

Eventually, they insisted they had paid him but there was no sign of such a payment to his account

That was the episode that made me know refunds are a difficult issue with Arik.

Apart from the stress, the amount is also small.
Re: Arik Air Please Refund My Money, Its Over 40 Days Now! by aieromon(m): 1:02pm On Sep 14, 2020
aieromon:
Keep on disturbing them especially by email. It took me three months to receive a refund in 2014. They will eventually send you a refunds form to complete. From there,you will need to follow up with your bank because in my case then,the airline authorised a refund of the money but my bank didn't act on it.

I'm back in this mess due to their incompetence. Ticket was purchased for a rare flyer so opening the ticket is not an option. Let's see how long this process takes.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/business-interviews/414558-passengers-groan-as-aviation-unions-shut-arik-operations.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arik Air Please Refund My Money, Its Over 40 Days Now! by aieromon(m): 4:58pm On Mar 18, 2021
aieromon:

I'm back in this mess due to their incompetence. Ticket was purchased for a rare flyer so opening the ticket is not an option. Let's see how long this process takes.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/business-interviews/414558-passengers-groan-as-aviation-unions-shut-arik-operations.html

After a lot of email communication between their Customer Care team, Refund team and I, my money was finally refunded today making it 6 months since I sent in my request.

Good riddance to rubbish!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arik Air Please Refund My Money, Its Over 40 Days Now! by XAUBulls: 1:55am On Mar 27, 2023
IBEXY:
Can someone please tell me what else I need to do to get Arik Air refund my money? Its been more than 40 days since I first requested for refunds after I duly wrote to the refunds department as I was instructed. Ever since then, all calls to them result in any of the following:

a) The phone rings indefinitely - sometimes up to 15 to 20 minutes
b) On some days, after a long time, someone picks and immediately drops the call.
c) The phone is engaged indefinitely
d) On the 2 occasions I got through to them in the last one month, I had to use a different number. Its like they are bent on holding out on my money as long as possible..

I have been calling the following numbers (which I got from either the email response I got initially or from the only times I got through or from their website.)

08077791655 - Call Center Supervisor
08077791310 - Refunds
08077791683 - Refunds
+234 (0) 1279 9999 - Customer Care Centre

I have written to the following email addresses to no avail. :
- arik.refunds [at] arikair.com (got a response once to acknowledge me and thats it.)
- customerrelationsdesk[at]arikair.com
- Callcentre.Supervisor[at]ArikAir.com

I paid a lot of money to Arik for my ticket, especially, as I bought the ticket last minute before Christmas. I could have gone to another air line but in the spirit of a patriotic Nigerian, I decided to go with our own thing. I still believe I made the right choice and this is but an administrative oversight.

Has anyone else had this experience and how did you eventually get your cash back. What more or who else should I contact?
Bump.
Re: Arik Air Please Refund My Money, Its Over 40 Days Now! by aieromon(m): 1:48am On Apr 01, 2023
Arik Air, a commercial airline in Nigeria, has refunded N76,000 to Kingsley Kwem, a resident of Imo State for a failed Lagos-Owerri flight.

Kwem told FIJ that the company credited his account with the air ticket fee on March 27, 2023.

“I am glad to let you know that Arik Air refunded my money on Monday. I was really surprised by the alert. I am grateful to FIJ,” Kwem said.

FIJ earlier reported how the airline company failed to refund the ticket fee after it canceled its scheduled operation for the Lagos-Owerri route on October 25, 2022.

https://fij.ng/article/after-fijs-story-arik-air-refunds-customers
Re: Arik Air Please Refund My Money, Its Over 40 Days Now! by aieromon(m): 7:47pm On Apr 07, 2023
Arik Air has refunded the sum of N370,000 to Saiki Muktar, the Abuja resident whose money was withheld for a month.

This came less than 24 hours after FIJ reported how the airline company withheld the source’s money after a failed flight.

Muktar told FIJ he was happy the airline company refunded him in full. He said the company refunded him on Wednesday.

He said he booked a Lagos-to-Abuja return ticket for February 24 for his family but had to look for an alternative when the company disappointed him.

He said that immediately after he arrived in Abuja, he went to the Arik Air office and asked the company to refund him, but the company did not do so until FIJ’s intervention.

https://fij.ng/article/after-fijs-story-arik-air-refunds-customers-n370000/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! / Nigerians In Ghana Decry Exploitation As Govt Imposes $120 For SIM Card Registra / Air France CEO: Device Was A 'false Alarm'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.