Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,874 members, 7,817,572 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

This CJN Statement Weeks Ago Was A Pointer To The Supreme Court Judgements - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This CJN Statement Weeks Ago Was A Pointer To The Supreme Court Judgements (24923 Views)

DSS Crackdown: Judgements That Landed Judges In Trouble / Recent Supreme Court Judgements - International Embarrassment / APC ‘influencing’ Tribunal Judgements Is Worse Than Corruption, Fayose Counsels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This CJN Statement Weeks Ago Was A Pointer To The Supreme Court Judgements by hamzyluv(m): 8:45am On Feb 04, 2016
salisy:
CJN... u be Bubu brother from d north na, why ar u so harsh on APC, the presumed Northern Islamic party.

wailers don buy u ni?
when Buhari's appointed Mahmud Muhammed as cjn , PDP
criticized sai baba for appointed his old friend ... but now u
think the judiciary is working ? .. all the cases done so far
goes beyond a mere constitution or law .. but a better
options for Buhari's to gain more confidence and
strengthened Nigeria integrity among other tribes in the
country ... if you can agree with me, pro-biafra, ijaw
coalition, PDP east & south will now give baba some soft
landing in their political arena ... the hatred campaign will
be reduced ... more so , am a Yoruba guy and happened to be a Muslim . I was posted to ANAMBRA state in 2013 for my NYSC, the institution I was posted too argued with me that anyone bearing Muslim name is from the Northern states and No Muslim in Yoruba land . I asked those sisters if they do watch or listening to Nigeria media ?
Re: This CJN Statement Weeks Ago Was A Pointer To The Supreme Court Judgements by Dinocarex(m): 8:47am On Feb 04, 2016
frankyychiji:
Wow wow wow wow....before you continue, i was actively involved in the elections that brought Ambode to power, i bet you know its too early to open a can of worms on NL.

And I was actively involved in the elections that brought Gov. Udom into power as well... Do I need to say how I was abducted for 4 hours because I failed to give them the original result sheet?

If we should all open cans of worm here, believe me , less than 10 Governors out of 36 States truly won without rigging.
Re: This CJN Statement Weeks Ago Was A Pointer To The Supreme Court Judgements by nobeku: 8:47am On Feb 04, 2016
frankyychiji:
But who is the system? You! cheesy

The supreme came to right the wrongs of the tribunal and appellate courts whose judgments on similar matters varied from location to location in most cases abandoning precedents already set elsewhere by it in similar matters.

Buhari is getting smart little by little and knows that any further brazen interference with electoral process at this point would futher polarise the country than it has already and he knows he would kiss the peace in the south goodbye if he pushes ND into a senseless war with the FG!

What sort of nonsense analysis is this? When has Buhari ever interfered with the goings on of the electoral process? Why are young Nigerians so unintelligent with the way they reason?Did you bother to read the garbage that you posted?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This CJN Statement Weeks Ago Was A Pointer To The Supreme Court Judgements by yaki84: 8:51am On Feb 04, 2016
gunuvi:
God bless the CJN.
amen

1 Like

Re: This CJN Statement Weeks Ago Was A Pointer To The Supreme Court Judgements by VISTIN(m): 8:59am On Feb 04, 2016
Justdulla:
Its so amazing that Nigerians like you think so short sighted,, who told you that the APC was bothered about winning atvall cost? Do you think Buhari has time to be involved in election issues? Or you think he will run Nigeria like the way PDP intended to destroy it..... I have an experience about the Abia Elections and am ashamed if they call that elections at all... An election that the PDP rigged shamelessly, where corpers were either handed huge sums of money to rig or they obes that didnt coperate were kidnapped through out the election period... All many of you do is to sit down un a comfy sofa and type anything that you think of...

Not rigging, APC needs everything @ all cost.

As for election Tribunals, they were out to deal with PDP. But that's not right. These guys should be neutral. I'm not against any party or person. But let's just try get things right.

If you look very well, you'll understand that Buhari and APC are two different things.
APC is full of greedy and evil men, some of them with Old PDP corrupt ideas.

Have you not seen evil in our Budget? I may not totally blame Buhari but those who know more than him in some areas.

The man needs serious help but those who should help him aren't saints.
Re: This CJN Statement Weeks Ago Was A Pointer To The Supreme Court Judgements by zurine(f): 9:11am On Feb 04, 2016
interesting
Re: This CJN Statement Weeks Ago Was A Pointer To The Supreme Court Judgements by Teespice(f): 9:11am On Feb 04, 2016
LordVarys:

As per the Yar'Adua case, the Court's ruling was based on upholding the national interest, not legal facts and the judges were under a lot of pressure.
But as for these judgements on the 3 states, while I concur that the elections in the states were substantially flawed, the petitioners Dakuku,Otti, and Umana failed to prove their cases beyond card reader usage which the Lagos Appeals Court already ruled is unknown to the constitution.
The amended 2014 electoral act makes it almost impossible to prove beyond reasonable doubt as you must have valid witnesses and evidence from every contested PU. The Supreme Court looked only at the facts and not the ethics.
I liked the judgements because they've at least prevented Nigeria from sliding into a one party state. If we want genuine electoral reform, the National Assembly has to be key especially reviewing the electoral act. Sadly NASS is full of clowns.

same thing I have echoed in previous posts.

the courts especially the supreme courts give their judgments based on facts adduced at the tribunals and the Court of appeal.

they don't have time to start the whole trial ish.

the trio of Peter side, Otti and Umana had valid cases but the facts were erroneously presented by their lawyers.

it is said that a good lawyer is not one that can quote the law but one who knows how to apply the law in any given circumstance.

1 Like

Re: This CJN Statement Weeks Ago Was A Pointer To The Supreme Court Judgements by nobeku: 9:13am On Feb 04, 2016
drss:
s cjn concern is a testament to APC's evil plans to introduce one party state in d country through d back door. Buari dullard is not used to opposition cos he's an unrepentant dictator. imagine d ridicolous tribunal court judgement in taraba guber sad APC is a facist party.
Your gasbag of a father is the dullard here for bringing an eejit like you into this planet...You have no iota of sense or shame in you.. That's the problem with nairaland.. Children of artisans all over the place with their humble mediocre educational experiences coming here to regurgitate mucus....
Re: This CJN Statement Weeks Ago Was A Pointer To The Supreme Court Judgements by SweetSoup(m): 9:18am On Feb 04, 2016
Buhari only influence court judgement when it doesn't go the wailers (a.k.a Ekpas) way. "Hypocrisy" is the word...
Re: This CJN Statement Weeks Ago Was A Pointer To The Supreme Court Judgements by bankylan: 9:19am On Feb 04, 2016
Justdulla:
Its so amazing that Nigerians like you think so short sighted,, who told you that the APC was bothered about winning atvall cost? Do you think Buhari has time to be involved in election issues? Or you think he will run Nigeria like the way PDP intended to destroy it..... I have an experience about the Abia Elections and am ashamed if they call that elections at all... An election that the PDP rigged shamelessly, where corpers were either handed huge sums of money to rig or they obes that didnt coperate were kidnapped through out the election period... All many of you do is to sit down un a comfy sofa and type anything that you think of...

My brother, if u have ever been to the north before during elections, u will cry for this country. Corpers are threatened to allow kids to vote for APC in the last election. You don't want to hear the stories of how money was shared to voters in lagos too....
I am not a PDP member, but APC is as culpable as to any allegation against PDP

1 Like

Re: This CJN Statement Weeks Ago Was A Pointer To The Supreme Court Judgements by drss(m): 9:21am On Feb 04, 2016
nobeku:
Your gasbag of a father is the dullard here for bringing an eejit like you into this planet...You have no iota of sense or shame in you.. That's the problem with nairaland.. Children of artisans all over the place with their humble mediocre educational experiences coming here to regurgitate mucus....

Re: This CJN Statement Weeks Ago Was A Pointer To The Supreme Court Judgements by felony101(m): 11:19am On Feb 04, 2016
eph12:

That it was peaceful still doesn't make it fair. Carrying textbook into the exam hall and copying a friend in the exam are both exam malpractice.
as long as u pass ur exam and u didn't get caught nothing like exam malpractice
Re: This CJN Statement Weeks Ago Was A Pointer To The Supreme Court Judgements by eph12(m): 11:36am On Feb 04, 2016
felony101:
as long as u pass ur exam and u didn't get caught nothing like exam malpractice
Well seems the Supreme Court didn't catch PDP shocked
Re: This CJN Statement Weeks Ago Was A Pointer To The Supreme Court Judgements by felony101(m): 12:22pm On Feb 04, 2016
eph12:

Well seems the Supreme Court didn't catch PDP shocked
but d tribunal n appeal court did
Re: This CJN Statement Weeks Ago Was A Pointer To The Supreme Court Judgements by sorom4: 1:13pm On Feb 04, 2016
Justdulla:
and who says that no state apart from Abia never witnessed rigging? Every party rigs and it's not good for our democracy and it shouldn't be attributed to only one party. I witnesses a huge rigging by APC in lagos at one of the polls in ikeja
Re: This CJN Statement Weeks Ago Was A Pointer To The Supreme Court Judgements by sampsun(m): 1:17pm On Feb 04, 2016
[quote author=Justdulla post=42601830] Its so amazing that Nigerians like you think so short sighted,, who told you that the APC was bothered about winning atvall cost? Do you think Buhari has time to be involved in election issues? Or you think he will run Nigeria like the way PDP intended to destroy it..... I have an experience about the Abia Elections and am ashamed if they call that elections at all... An election that the PDP rigged shamelessly, where corpers were either handed huge sums of money to rig or they obes that didnt coperate were kidnapped through out the election period... All many of you do is to sit down un a comfy sofa and type anything that you think of...

Since you have become APC spokes person tell us the events that transpired in Kano during that same election. Minnows and underage children were used in voting. The conspiracy was so great that the resident electoral commissioner was killed before he became a whistle blower like Aluko of Ekiti state.

You've spoken like someone that was at every point during the election,how come no election results were cancelled in the entire core North in favour of PDP? Jack assess like you will spewed jargon and expect people yo applaud you. Go and challenge the results in your father's court. Stupid punk.
You can only try this rubbish with your hausa slaves.
Re: This CJN Statement Weeks Ago Was A Pointer To The Supreme Court Judgements by Tochaigh: 1:37pm On Feb 04, 2016
Justdulla:

Kano,
Katsina
Lagos. Biggest frauds of the last election.

I pity you, you know nothing electioneering in Nigeria, you come here and indirectly sell your future to Almajiri through ignorant comments.

Have you read Oyegun's comments on the Supreme Court judgement? Just comment on Abia, generalizing and saying Buhari and APC don't care gave you away.

PDP distributes money, apc threatens your life and hoards it's loot
Re: This CJN Statement Weeks Ago Was A Pointer To The Supreme Court Judgements by ddippset(m): 1:44pm On Feb 04, 2016
Tochaigh:

Kano,
Katsina
Lagos. Biggest frauds of the last election.

I pity you, you know nothing electioneering in Nigeria, you come here and indirectly sell your future to Almajiri through ignorant comments.

Have you read Oyegun's comments on the Supreme Court judgement? Just comment on Abia, generalizing and saying Buhari and APC don't care gave you away.

PDP distributes money, apc threatens your life.
ironically kano elections were not challenged at the tribunal. The biggest fraud of an election in a single state in the history of Nigeria was rivers state!
Re: This CJN Statement Weeks Ago Was A Pointer To The Supreme Court Judgements by eph12(m): 1:48pm On Feb 04, 2016
felony101:
but d tribunal n appeal court did
They were unable to prove to the Supreme Court.
Re: This CJN Statement Weeks Ago Was A Pointer To The Supreme Court Judgements by Tochaigh: 2:35pm On Feb 04, 2016
ddippset:
ironically kano elections were not challenged at the tribunal. The biggest fraud of an election in a single state in the history of Nigeria was rivers state!

Rivers in the presidential election was a fraud, gubernatorial, no.

Lagos in the gubernatorial was a big fraud, the presidential, no.

Kano, Katsina, are the biggest in the history of electioneering in Nigeria, both ways. Challenge? You cannot eveb speak against apc in the north, who will testify?

This country will never be equal until the south serves the north a dose of its own medicine.
Re: This CJN Statement Weeks Ago Was A Pointer To The Supreme Court Judgements by ddippset(m): 3:52pm On Feb 04, 2016
Tochaigh:

Rivers in the presidential election was a fraud, gubernatorial, no.

Lagos in the gubernatorial was a big fraud, the presidential, no.

Kano, Katsina, are the biggest in the history of electioneering in Nigeria, both ways. Challenge? You cannot eveb speak against apc in the north, who will testify?

This country will never be equal until the south serves the north a dose of its own medicine.
the biggest election fraud in the history of Nigeria happened on April 12th, 2015. The Nigerian army, the niger delta millitants were unleashed on rivers people. 29 lives were lost. I repeat, the greatest election fraud since Nigeria was born happened on April 12th 2015.
Re: This CJN Statement Weeks Ago Was A Pointer To The Supreme Court Judgements by ddippset(m): 3:54pm On Feb 04, 2016
eph12:

They were unable to prove to the Supreme Court.
you can only convince someone who wants to be convinced! If i am bribed and I have a prederermined mindset to give judgement against you, if you like talk and convince me from now till tomorrow I will tell you iam not convinced.
Re: This CJN Statement Weeks Ago Was A Pointer To The Supreme Court Judgements by eph12(m): 3:59pm On Feb 04, 2016
ddippset:
you can only convince someone who wants to be convinced! If i am bribed and I have a prederermined mindset to give judgement against you, if you like talk and convince me from now till tomorrow I will tell you iam not convinced.
Lol at bold. There was violence in the last election in Bayelsa. I believe APC can contest that election on the basis of violence right? Or was that not the argument?
Re: This CJN Statement Weeks Ago Was A Pointer To The Supreme Court Judgements by ddippset(m): 4:12pm On Feb 04, 2016
eph12:

Lol at bold. There was violence in the last election in Bayelsa. I believe APC can contest that election on the basis of violence right? Or was that not the argument?
violence here is contextual my friend. In bayelsa state the violence was a result of the army confronting the millitants and there was a spill over effect. But in rivers the violence was a result on both the army and the niger delta millitants together descending on one of the political parties.
Re: This CJN Statement Weeks Ago Was A Pointer To The Supreme Court Judgements by frankyychiji(f): 5:28pm On Feb 04, 2016
nobeku:
What sort of nonsense analysis is this? When has Buhari ever interfered with the goings on of the electoral process? Why are young Nigerians so unintelligent with the way they reason?Did you bother to read the garbage that you posted?
What?? You again?
Re: This CJN Statement Weeks Ago Was A Pointer To The Supreme Court Judgements by frankyychiji(f): 5:31pm On Feb 04, 2016
Dinocarex:

And I was actively involved in the elections that brought Gov. Udom into power as well... Do I need to say how I was abducted for 4 hours because I failed to give them the original result sheet?

If we should all open cans of worm here, believe me , less than 10 Governors out of 36 States truly won without rigging.
Lolzz...i guess Umana the sore looser is one of them?
Re: This CJN Statement Weeks Ago Was A Pointer To The Supreme Court Judgements by frankyychiji(f): 5:32pm On Feb 04, 2016
Shuayb0:
Can't you just argue issues without attacking the poster, this is 21st century. He made very salient points, but because you couldn't counter it you resulted to your usual ethno-bigotry partisan mentality.

This matter should be about whether the mandate of the people was respect or not and not about the crass political ideologies we call Apc and Pdp (Check UK and US to know what we call political parties). May God help us.
Please swerve!! undecided
Re: This CJN Statement Weeks Ago Was A Pointer To The Supreme Court Judgements by hopilo: 5:37pm On Feb 04, 2016
The CJN is a fearless man, he has more integrity than Buhari.
Re: This CJN Statement Weeks Ago Was A Pointer To The Supreme Court Judgements by Dinocarex(m): 5:40pm On Feb 04, 2016
frankyychiji:
Lolzz...i guess Umana the sore looser is one of them?

Sure, there is devil and thee is a bigger one.
Umana doesn't deserve the seat at all cuz he served under Akpabio for almost 6 years.

I made empahasis to my previous post cuz u promised to open cans of worm.. Loooolz.
Our general interest should be good governance not about party.

Hope ur day was great bro?
Re: This CJN Statement Weeks Ago Was A Pointer To The Supreme Court Judgements by nobeku: 2:32am On Feb 05, 2016
drss:
Finished WAILER!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Journalist Beaten To Stupor Inside Ebonyi Govt House’ Over Facebook Post (pics) / Ezekwesili To Buhari: The World Is Watching Your Violation Of Sowore’s Rights / Army Warns Solders Against Taking Pictures & Videos During Operations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.