Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,541 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Nigaz! Someone Has To Sack Their Marketing Team - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Nigaz! Someone Has To Sack Their Marketing Team (6170 Views)

Just In: ISIS: Iraq PM Sack 36 Army Officers In Anti-corruption Drive / Mali Rebels Counterattack And Sack Govt Town!! / South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigaz! Someone Has To Sack Their Marketing Team by its9aija: 11:18am On Jul 04, 2009
its funny, smiley
this is just another avenue to rip Nigeria off some quality thinking.
it leaves us undecided 'bout what we want to use our ability for,
anyways,
REALLY. In 9JA, THERE'S NOTHING NEW UNDER THE SUN.
Re: Nigaz! Someone Has To Sack Their Marketing Team by javalove(m): 1:12pm On Jul 04, 2009
I DONT CARE WHAT THE COMPANY NAME IS CALLED. . . ALL I WANT IS RESULT. WHETHER ITS CALLED NIGAZ OR NOT AS LONG AS THEY SOLVE OUR POWER PROBLEMS, I WILL PERSONALLY CHANGE THE NAME TO "OLOSHI" OR "MUMU" AND LETS SEE WHO WILL COMPLAIN THEN. . .

BUT IF IT DOESNT WORK, I WONT STILL ABUSE THE COMPANY NAME NIGAZ COS THAT DOESNT STOP THEM FROM DELIVERING GOOD SERVICES, WHAT I WILL BE AFTER IS HOW TO KIDNAP AND ELIMINATE THE NIGERIANS INVOLVED. . . grin grin grin grin grin grin grin COS 2.6 BILLION DOLLARS AINT CHILDS PLAY
Re: Nigaz! Someone Has To Sack Their Marketing Team by TippyTop(m): 1:45pm On Jul 04, 2009
Most niggaz
have too much gaz ayway. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Nigaz! Someone Has To Sack Their Marketing Team by walakolobo: 3:48pm On Jul 04, 2009
One day one day, all these foolish black niggers will want the word black removed from the english lexicon, stupid goons.
Re: Nigaz! Someone Has To Sack Their Marketing Team by zenatta: 5:48pm On Jul 04, 2009
and our leaders, so called, will sit down there wt their corrupt selves and agree to it.
          Gpokious
           shocked angry sad embarassed
Re: Nigaz! Someone Has To Sack Their Marketing Team by na2day2(m): 7:11pm On Jul 04, 2009
i have one question to all those that are offended by the name in naija. if this "Nigaz" company offers u a job with an extremely fat pay check will u accept it or will u reject it?
Re: Nigaz! Someone Has To Sack Their Marketing Team by simmy(m): 7:34pm On Jul 04, 2009
@above
dont be silly. thats not the point. the point is its a very unporofessional job by the firms marketers. They should have avoided rascist issues at ALL COSTS!!!
Re: Nigaz! Someone Has To Sack Their Marketing Team by DrKitaun(m): 7:50pm On Jul 04, 2009
na2day?:

i have one question to all those that are offended by the name in naija. if this "Nigaz" company offers u a job with an extremely fat pay check will u accept it or will u reject it?

no prize for guessing ?

yes !

simmy:

@above
dont be silly. thats not the point. the point is its a very unporofessional job by the firms marketers. They should have avoided rascist issues at ALL COSTS!!!

which racist issues are u talking about here ?

why must y'all claim to be the HOUNDED at all times ?

even amongst ourselves we tend to be racist, so kini big deal ?

abeg NA MONEY ALL MAN DEY FIND, NO BE ALL DIS OVERBLOATED COMPLEX-INDUCED SENTIMENTS !

on racial grounds, were Otedola and Dangote denied their rightful place in the Forbes list of richest men ? undecided
Re: Nigaz! Someone Has To Sack Their Marketing Team by SeanT21(f): 7:55pm On Jul 04, 2009
I see no harm in that word at all.Kini big deal!!
Re: Nigaz! Someone Has To Sack Their Marketing Team by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 04, 2009
walakolobo:

One day one day, all these foolish black niggers will want the word black removed from the english lexicon, stupid goons.
rotflmao grin grin Look at this Nigga-z with attitude tongue
Re: Nigaz! Someone Has To Sack Their Marketing Team by NegroNtns(m): 2:27am On Jul 05, 2009
I am not really sure since it is all hush-hush. Typical Nigerian way! In fact the total sum involve is still cloak in mystery. But you might gleam some useful info. from below:

Initially NNPC and Sonatrach would hold a total 90% of shares, while Niger would hold 10%.

Okay. Thanks.

Under the joint venture deal, which followed the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to establish an all encompassing Joint Venture company called “NIGAZ Energy Company Limited'', the two countries would operate on 50-50 ratio.

Not a legal contract or treaty. . .but an ordinary formal letter of agreement, very shocking indeed! . . .but not surprising considering Nigeria is one of the signatories.

Facts showed that Nigeria's major oil majors, including Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), ExxonMobil, Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL), Total Group, and Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC), have all had to resort to alternative funding arrangements involving billions of dollars in bridge financing to NNPC to plug funding gaps in their respective joint venture operations.

What would it be otherwise?

Gas, Not Money

To cater for its financial inadequacies, the NNPC, it was learnt, had worked out a plan that would give a certain amount of crude oil and gas to its partners in place of money.

Lmao. . . dumb move! Why not seek funding on the open market? Why use prospects of the crude oil as equity in the deal? That plays to the advantage and benefit of the foreign signatories.

This development is said to be behind the NNPC's insistence that in subsequent joint venture agreements, its foreign partners have to undertake the development of the basic operational infrastructure in the industry. The company will be involved in the development of Nigeria's domestic gas exploration and production activities, processing, transportation, marketing, infrastructure development, pipeline construction, power sector development, training and capacity building, as well as exchange of personnel, among others.

That translates to inequities in the labour force. Skilled Nigerians are overlooked and potential managerial and operational job positions are defaulted to the discretion of the expatriates. The status quo; they bring in their people to plan and execute the plan but Nigerians are hired to serve at their disposal and make life easy. . .drivers, maids, gardners, nanny, cement mixers, errand boys. . .

Trans-Saharan Trade

Meanwhile, the NNPC and Algeria’s state-owned oil company, Sonatrach, is to control about 90 percent stake in the $10 billion Trans Sahara Gas Pipeline project.

This is even as Nigeria, Niger and Algeria are yet to reach an agreement on which foreign companies will build the pipeline expected to convey gas from Nigeria’s Niger Delta through Algeria and Niger to Europe.

Let us assume that NNPC has a 50-50 deal with Sonatrach, then their 90% holding becomes a 45% equity each. So NNPC has 45%, Algeria has 45% and Niger has 10%. This would mean that NNPC is holding a 45% interest against a 55% interest by foreigners on its crude oil resources. Considering that Algeria and Niger are both francophone nations and unlike Britain, France still has a close alliance and partnership with its francophone members, then how does this deal play into the hands of France?

In Case,

On the impact of the problem in the Niger Delta and possibilities of disruptions in gas supply from the country, Algeria would supply gas if supplies from Nigeria were halted for any reason. Nigeria had given similar guarantees for gas supply to the project by setting aside a certain percentage of its gas reserves.

Doesn't this increase the possibility of foreign military siege on our soil?

About a third of Nigeria's oil output is currently shut in as a result of militant attacks on oil facilities in the Niger Delta.

Algeria could pump the Nigerian gas onto Europe through expansion of existing pipelines or build new ones, adding that the pipeline would start operating in 2015-2016.

Are you saying that this contigency is planned into the deal? What cost, if any, is reserved for that event?

The project had been stuck on the drawing board for years. Issues that took time to resolve were how to develop gas fields in Nigeria for both domestic and international supply and what would happen if the pipeline were cut off.

At this point I will support the Igbos and the Rivers and all those Delta people that want to break away from Nigeria to do so.
Re: Nigaz! Someone Has To Sack Their Marketing Team by Tatase(f): 4:46pm On Jul 05, 2009
@ topic:

I think the name is funny, if nothing else. . . Not to be insensitive (which means I'm about to be very insensitive) but I'm not surprise the name slipped through. . . The word is not as bad in naij because we were not slaves or do not have the American slave history like that to make us give the word such a weight. It's not a word I use but basically to me o it's a word that black Americans don't like white American's to call them.

Now I would be suspicious of the Russians because of my negative perception of them (rightly or wrongly) as having a high neo-nazi (racist) population (again maybe I'm stereotyping), however I'm fairly certain that the meaning of "Nig(g)az" in english is not the same as it is in Russian. It's basically an unfortunate contraction of the names just like when Serbia and Montenegro was S&M. I don't know but I'm not offended, I'm amused.
Re: Nigaz! Someone Has To Sack Their Marketing Team by jgobaseki: 4:22am On Jul 06, 2009
I'm not sure why the word Nigaz is generating so much buzz? It's not like the N word is part of our culture or history anyways. I don't see why we need to add that to our load or get fettered by the word (brush it off ur shoulders). We need to focus on making sure the biz merger goes down in our favour.
Re: Nigaz! Someone Has To Sack Their Marketing Team by v3: 8:31am On Jul 06, 2009
@post. . .

In this day N age. . .when we're supposed to be thinking "str8", I wonder who b d mumu peepz wey sidon, wit their ties N suits, drink coffee/tea together. . . EVEN smoke cigarettes on top . . .and FINALLY came up wif this "name"!!!!

LWKMD for hia o o o o
Re: Nigaz! Someone Has To Sack Their Marketing Team by Nezan(m): 9:57am On Jul 06, 2009
wetin wrong wit d name? grin grin grin
Re: Nigaz! Someone Has To Sack Their Marketing Team by na2day2(m): 10:00pm On Jul 06, 2009
Nezan:

wetin wrong wit d name? grin grin grin

I tire
Re: Nigaz! Someone Has To Sack Their Marketing Team by lawwyblack(m): 12:11am On Jul 07, 2009
well I aint no nigger or nigaz so I take less offence but those our elders that cant see voice of reason in finding another acronym its sad on their part.
Re: Nigaz! Someone Has To Sack Their Marketing Team by JustGood(m): 8:55am On Jul 07, 2009
Nothing wrong with the name.

Why do we need to get offended by what offends Black Americans?
Re: Nigaz! Someone Has To Sack Their Marketing Team by na2day2(m): 8:56am On Jul 07, 2009
JustGood:

Nothing wrong with the name.

Why do we need to get offended by what offends Black Americans?

i tire, like african americans care about what we go through
Re: Nigaz! Someone Has To Sack Their Marketing Team by Nezan(m): 12:14pm On Jul 07, 2009
na2day?:

i tire, like african americans care about what we go through
they consider themselves superior
Re: Nigaz! Someone Has To Sack Their Marketing Team by obamamate: 10:30pm On Jul 07, 2009
so much noise over nothing.
Russians actually do not use the word niggers, rather they use negro( negr as the call it)
The gaz in nigaz is from gazprom, the biggest gas company in the world.
We should actually worry that after more than 50 years of oil exploration, we have still not got our acts right as it pertains to gas.
We are still flaring gas, serving gas needs of other countries( through LNG), while neglecting the development of our own gas market.
We should worry , because foreign input still dominates our oil and gas industry, we should worry because , the oil money has not made much impact in the lives of our people.
we should worry that what ever money we make from oil is used to service foreign labour, materials etc for the oil industry.
no big deal in Nigaz for so much noise
Re: Nigaz! Someone Has To Sack Their Marketing Team by babygurl19(f): 12:15am On Jul 08, 2009
pple should use their heads in this nairaland, the name is offensive but not to talk of what the russians are about to do with us, they have the largest access to oil in in the whole of europe and now they want more

they are a corrupt nation just like nigeria thats why they were able to strike the deal because other countries tried but didnt succeed cos they dint have the corruptness approach that russians used ,

they will so use nigeria to get more oil to europe passing it tru the sea and to increase their monopoly over oil in europe to oppress other countries like ukraine,poland, denmark and other countries.

russia is a very dangerous country so am not suprised they came up with that name to mock the foolish leaders of such a blessed and rich country like nigeria.peace out
Re: Nigaz! Someone Has To Sack Their Marketing Team by HorusRa(m): 1:30am On Jul 08, 2009
Negro-Ntn, that was an intelligent analysis and observation. Yes, you are right in most!

Lmao. . . dumb move!  Why not seek funding on the open market?  Why use prospects of the crude oil as equity in the deal?  That plays to the advantage and benefit of the foreign signatories.

Yes! The truth is that Nigeria is almost broke. Our total foreign reserve last week was $43.2 Billion [compared to $62 billion in October last year}  according to Fitch Rating. That means we may no longer be credit-worthy. Microsoft's Bill Gates can snap us up if our country is for sale. Without the capital to initiate our own part of the deal, foreign signatories will indeed have the top say in what goes on.

Let us assume that NNPC has a 50-50 deal with Sonatrach, then their 90% holding becomes a 45% equity each. So NNPC has 45%, Algeria has 45% and Niger has 10%.  This would mean that NNPC is holding a 45% interest against a 55% interest by foreigners on its crude oil resources.  Considering that Algeria and Niger are both francophone nations and unlike Britain, France still has a close alliance and partnership with its francophone members, then how does this deal play into the hands of France?

In Case,

Doesn't this increase the possibility of foreign military siege on our soil? 

[b]Another strategical implication of this favors the North and weigh heavily against the aspirations of the South especially those that are insisting on having a separate entity from what we presently calls "Nigeria". A pipeline that runs through the North from the South, into Republic of Niger { bear in mind that the Nigerien President have suspended the constitution and is ruling by decree; China have already started investing $5bn to develop oil production in Niger. His insistence on staying beyond his terms can only be justifiably explained by the discovery of oil in the eastern Niger and all these oil deals. If and when Nigeria comes apart, they will likely team up with their brothers in Niger. Billions have been spend prospecting for oil and gas in the Chad Basin and recently Bauchi and Gombe areas of the Benue Trough. The Chad Basin in northern Nigeria though with repeated prospecting has not yielded much}.

What this means for the South is that with Europe and Russia investing in the venture, the call for seperate country will be almost inaudible. These countries and the US will not stand by and watch their investment and life-line jeopardize in anyway. National interests always trumped democratic ideologies. For most of the Cold War, U.S. national interests always trumped democratic ideology. Ike preferred the Shah to the democratically elected Mohammad Mossadegh. Richard Nixon preferred Gen. Pinochet to the elected Salvador Allende. George W. Bush, who had pushed for Palestinian elections and insisted on Hamas’ inclusion, perhaps because he thought they would lose, did a somersault when Hamas won. Britain, the number one culprit in this regard have sold many treaties and agreement down the river to protect their selfish interest.

Asked the East Timorese about their experience. On 7 December 1975, the armed forces of Indonesia crossed the border of East Timor in strength, eventually proclaiming it ,  a full part of Indonesia proper. Timorese resistance to this claim was so widespread, and the violence required to impose it was so ruthless and generalized, that the figure of 100,000 deaths in the first wave - perhaps one-sixth of the entire population - is reckoned an understatement. The date of the Indonesian invasion - 7 December 1975 - is of importance and also of significance. On that date, President Gerald Ford and his secretary of state, Henry Kissinger, concluded an official visit to Jakarta and flew to Hawaii. They had come fresh from a meeting with Indonesia's military junta, United States was Indonesia's principal supplier of military hardware.

So gruesome were the subsequent reports of mass slaughter, rape, and deliberate use of starvation that such bluntness fell somewhat out of fashion. The killing of several Australian journalists who had witnessed Indonesia's atrocities, the devastation in the capital city of Dili, and the stubbornness of FRETILIN's hugely outgunned rural resistance did nothing to save them, until the discovery of huge reserve of natural gas. Suddenly the US/ Australia co-sponsored their independence from Jakarta and did everything that made it happen.

So if this deal comes to fruition, then bye-bye for a very long time to the Southerners quest for a country of their own. 
[/b]
Re: Nigaz! Someone Has To Sack Their Marketing Team by fayahsoul: 5:51pm On Jul 08, 2009
Not even a freaking pipeline running from niger delta to algeria to where ever) can stop biafrans and other self-determined groups(MEND) from being sovereign.

Remember that it's easier to destroy than to build.

They could waste big cash and lots of time and energy building that s**t but it will take just 5 missiles to cause an irrepairable damage in minutes. lol.

People are the resisitance
Re: Nigaz! Someone Has To Sack Their Marketing Team by sley4life(m): 11:51pm On Jul 14, 2009
right
Re: Nigaz! Someone Has To Sack Their Marketing Team by sley4life(m): 11:58pm On Jul 14, 2009
yes
Re: Nigaz! Someone Has To Sack Their Marketing Team by pleep(m): 9:26pm On Aug 16, 2011
What does the 'n' word have to do with either Russia or Nigeria? sometimes i get so sick of black ppl, the only reason that fuggin word even means anything is because you attach so much importance to it.
Re: Nigaz! Someone Has To Sack Their Marketing Team by Nobody: 2:25am On Aug 08, 2012
4 Play: [size=18pt]Russian energy giant Gazprom has walked blindly into a racism debate with the announcement of its new joint venture in Nigeria - Nigaz[/size].

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev and his Nigerian counterpart last week agreed the $2.5billion venture to build refineries, pipelines and gas power stations in Africa's most populous nation.

The name is meant to be an amalgamation of 'Nigeria' and 'Gazprom', pronounced 'nye-gaz'.

However its phonetic reading has sparked offence.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1196811/Racism-debate-Russian-Nigerian-gas-companies-combine-form-Nigaz.html

pleep: What does the 'n' word have to do with either Russia or Nigeria? sometimes i get so sick of black ppl, the only reason that fuggin word even means anything is because you attach so much importance to it.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

reminds me of a time in middle school a guy friend of mine looked at the world map and was like "No they did not name a country in Africa 'Nigga'"(Niger)

I've never laughed so hard in my life!!! grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Iran Offers Military Escort To Next Gaza Aid Convoy. / Cameras Just Caught Trump Doing Something Not Seen During Obama's Administration / In 150-Page Report, House Intel Republicans Find No Evidence Of Collusion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.