Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,291 members, 7,811,873 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Can Anyone Answer This Question: "who Is God" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Anyone Answer This Question: "who Is God" (1544 Views)

Question: Who Owns The rooster That Crowed After Peter Denied Jesus? / ON THE QUESTION: WHO IS GOD? / Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Anyone Answer This Question: "who Is God" by RotannaEze(m): 7:22pm On Jul 01, 2009
, Just thinking maybe someone out there can give me a more respective answer to that question which everyone fears so much, As in so much.
Re: Can Anyone Answer This Question: "who Is God" by Tudor6(f): 7:31pm On Jul 01, 2009
He/she/it is a creation of the imagination of men who completely overwhelmed by the complexity of our world decided to create this concept to mask their ignorance. . . . and ofcourse they added some extras to make he/she/it fit with their selfish desires.
Re: Can Anyone Answer This Question: "who Is God" by noetic2: 10:20pm On Jul 01, 2009
Tudór:

He/she/it is a creation of the imagination of men who completely overwhelmed by the complexity of our world decided to create this concept to mask their ignorance. . . . and ofcourse they added some extras to make he/she/it fit with their selfish desires.

any evidence to back this up.

If u have no evidence, whats the knowledge/convictions from which u formed this opinion?
Re: Can Anyone Answer This Question: "who Is God" by Tudor6(f): 6:24am On Jul 02, 2009
1.Your god has NEVER manifested himself and only speaks through people, each time his words strangely coincide with their own personal desires.

2. People who claim to have seen or experienced your god have no tangible proof of the encounter hence the conclusion that it's all a figment of their imagination. wink
Re: Can Anyone Answer This Question: "who Is God" by Tudor6(f): 6:24am On Jul 02, 2009
We are all waiting for your god to manifest so we can all see and believe.
Re: Can Anyone Answer This Question: "who Is God" by RotannaEze(m): 2:56pm On Jul 02, 2009
Even i can't understand anymore.That's why i still need more answer's to that mysterious question of mine.
I believe we in this life have a right to know, Why we are here, What we are here for, The purpose and reason we all were created.
But i believe until we die,we still won't know cos even the book that never ends/lie{bible},also says that life is a mystery.
But i believe we as human beings still need to sit and ask ourselves that question.Cos in the real sense of it,i believe we in this world are just being toll around like some lab mouse."I STILL NEED ANSWERS".
Re: Can Anyone Answer This Question: "who Is God" by noetic2: 6:44pm On Jul 02, 2009
Tudór:

1.Your god has NEVER manifested himself and only speaks through people, each time his words strangely coincide with their own personal desires.

2. People who claim to have seen or experienced your god have no tangible proof of the encounter hence the conclusion that it's all a figment of their imagination. wink

you and ur recycled mis-information.
Re: Can Anyone Answer This Question: "who Is God" by RotannaEze(m): 7:20pm On Jul 02, 2009
@ noetic2
why don't you say something about the discussed topic,pls
who is God really to you?
Re: Can Anyone Answer This Question: "who Is God" by Tudor6(f): 8:06pm On Jul 02, 2009
Abi o. Tell am.
Re: Can Anyone Answer This Question: "who Is God" by noetic2: 9:46pm On Jul 02, 2009
Rotanna Eze:

@ noetic2

I was going to comment, but can I ask what belief u belong to?

I will comment regardless of ur answer.
Re: Can Anyone Answer This Question: "who Is God" by RotannaEze(m): 11:58pm On Jul 02, 2009
@ Noetic
hey mate,am a born-christian to the core.But even you,if you are a christian like i guess you will also understand that there are some mysteries behind that question.
@ Tudor
Hope you are not been sentimental.
If you are a muslim please look at it from both sides{bible and Quran}
Re: Can Anyone Answer This Question: "who Is God" by noetic2: 12:12am On Jul 03, 2009
Rotanna Eze:

@ Noetic
hey mate,am a born-christian to the core.But even you,if you are a christian like i guess you will also understand that there are some mysteries behind that question.

u definitely need to re-examine ur faith. did anyone coerce u into christianity? how can a born again ask such questions?

To answer ur post.

God is the source and sustainer of my existence, the filler of my emptiness. He is to me the source of my inspiration, vision and goals. He has taught me to see things through His eyes.He made everything and all things that exist. He is Love and the basis of Life. but to be honest, I love Him simply because He loved and called me first.

He lived in human form as Christ and taught me how to live. His lessons of living look impossible to achieve considering my literal attempts at attaining perfection, but understanding that righteousness comes by grace and not by works alone makes me understand that the perfection I crave for is a gradual journey He alone can lead me to.

Little by little I have died to old habits. This gradual death has not been due to societal influence or personal convictions but by the encouragement of the holy spirit. He makes it easier by reminding me that I am not condemned, I have to bear the works of the spirit even though works alone dont guarantee peace and eternal life with Jesus and above all to bear good fruits as an ambassador of Christ in the land of the living.

I see God more as a helper and confidant. all of my burdens I have cast unto Him. Looking back, I can only see His faithfulness, this proven faithfulness is the basis of my faith to believe the impossible in an uncertain future. God has been my sustainer and my friend.

Do I have doubts . . . . No.
Do I have fears , . . .Yes. . . . but He constantly reminds me that it is well. And on sober reflection, I realise that there is no basis for my fears. They are probably due to the human nature of being anxious of the future.

The best thing I know about God, is the personal touch and experience I have with him, established only through Christ Jesus.
Re: Can Anyone Answer This Question: "who Is God" by Nobody: 12:20am On Jul 03, 2009
Tudór:

What a dishonest phoney. My desire is to be able to sleep with as many women as possible with no repercussions . . . God's word calls it SIN.
My fleshly desire is to drink beer, curse with my friends and not have to bother with church on sundays . . . God calls that all SIN.

How do God's words coincide with my personal desires?
Re: Can Anyone Answer This Question: "who Is God" by Okijajuju1(m): 12:21am On Jul 03, 2009
God is an idea.
Re: Can Anyone Answer This Question: "who Is God" by bindex(m): 12:59am On Jul 03, 2009
davidylan:

What a dishonest phoney. My desire is to be able to sleep with as many women as possible with no repercussions . . . God's word calls it SIN.
My fleshly desire is to drink beer, curse with my friends and not have to bother with church on sundays . . . God calls that all SIN.

How do God's words coincide with my personal desires?

When will this FOOL learn to read and understand? Has any god ever spoken through you? The people that wrote the bible claim that god spoke through them didn't they? When the jews were walking in the wilderness according to the bible with no land to live in did their god not tell them to kill other people and take their lands? Is that not a coincedence with their personal desires?

When the writers of the bible who you believe god spoke through them wanted to practice sexism did they not say that god told them to tell women not to speak in churches or usurp powers from men? When they wanted to enslave others did they not write that their god told them how to enslave others? When they wanted to keep their children in line did they not write that god told them to stone to death disobedient children?
Re: Can Anyone Answer This Question: "who Is God" by Nobody: 1:26am On Jul 03, 2009
bindex:

When will this FOOL learn to read and understand? Has any god ever spoken through you? The people that wrote the bible claim that god spoke through them didn't they? When the jews were walking in the wilderness according to the bible with no land to live in did their god not tell them to kill other people and take their lands? Is that not a coincedence with their personal desires?

When the writers of the bible who you believe god spoke through them wanted to practice sexism did they not say that god told them to tell women not to speak in churches or usurp powers from men? When they wanted to enslave others did they not write that their god told them how to enslave others? When they wanted to keep their children in line did they not write that god told them to stone to death disobedient children?

I doubt you even read my post or the one i was referencing . . . did you even read the phrase i was SPECIFICALLY responding to which i duly highlighted? what has it got to do with the nonsense above?
Re: Can Anyone Answer This Question: "who Is God" by Nobody: 1:34am On Jul 03, 2009
bindex:

When will this FOOL learn to read and understand? Has any god ever spoken through you?

How is that your business? why are you overly bothered about God speaking to me? I thot you said He doesnt exist . . . why not give urself a rest and go read about Darwin?

bindex:

The people that wrote the bible claim that god spoke through them didn't they? When the jews were walking in the wilderness according to the bible with no land to live in did their god not tell them to kill other people and take their lands? Is that not a coincedence with their personal desires?

Thou fool . . . infact the desire of the Jews was COMPLETELY FAR FROM a promised land . . .

Numbers 14: 1 And all the congregation lifted up their voice, and cried; and the people wept that night. 2[b] And all the children of Israel murmured against Moses and against Aaron:[/b] and the whole congregation said unto them, Would God that we had died in the land of Egypt! or would God we had died in this wilderness! 3 And wherefore hath the LORD brought us unto this land, to fall by the sword, that our wives and our children should be a prey? were it not better for us to return into Egypt? 4 And they said one to another, Let us make a captain, and let us return into Egypt.

Numbers 11:4 And the mixed multitude that was among them fell a lusting: and the children of Israel also wept again, and said, Who shall give us flesh to eat? 5 We remember the fish, which we did eat in Egypt freely; the cucumbers, and the melons, and the leeks, and the onions, and the garlic: 6 But now our soul is dried away: there is nothing at all, beside this manna, before our eyes.

Does that sound like people whose desire it was to inherit a promised land they had never seen?

These ignorant fools just know how to ejaculate all the time without engaging their brains.

bindex:

When the writers of the bible who you believe god spoke through them [b]wanted to practice sexism did they not say that god told them to tell women not to speak in churches or usurp powers from men? [/b]When they wanted to enslave others did they not write that their god told them how to enslave others? When they wanted to keep their children in line did they not write that god told them to stone to death disobedient children?

Paul didnt even have a wife. The rest of the piffle here i'd need help understanding it, he must have read this in his own book.

When the bible says God has given up the wicked to a REPROBATE MIND . . . a mind that sees the truth but prefers to believe a lie . . . you cannot but shake your head in sadness. Where did this son of the devil find his examples that he sighted above?

When did the jews wish to use stoning to keep their kids in line?
Re: Can Anyone Answer This Question: "who Is God" by RotannaEze(m): 1:49am On Jul 03, 2009
This is interesting,the room is busy.Everybody has had a piece of the cake,but i believe there is still much things that are left unsaid.
Re: Can Anyone Answer This Question: "who Is God" by bindex(m): 2:00am On Jul 03, 2009
davidylan:

How is that your business? why are you overly bothered about God speaking to me? I thot you said He doesnt exist . . . why not give urself a rest and go read about Darwin?

You said he does can you tell me what me what he told you yesternight? Did he give you tips on how to insult muslims and atheist? What new line of insults did he give to you this time aroun?

Thou fool . . . infact the desire of the Jews was COMPLETELY FAR FROM a promised land . . .

Numbers 14: 1 And all the congregation lifted up their voice, and cried; and the people wept that night. 2[b] And all the children of Israel murmured against Moses and against Aaron:[/b] and the whole congregation said unto them, Would God that we had died in the land of Egypt! or would God we had died in this wilderness! 3 And wherefore hath the LORD brought us unto this land, to fall by the sword, that our wives and our children should be a prey? were it not better for us to return into Egypt? 4 And they said one to another, Let us make a captain, and let us return into Egypt.

Numbers 11:4 And the mixed multitude that was among them fell a lusting: and the children of Israel also wept again, and said, Who shall give us flesh to eat? 5 We remember the fish, which we did eat in Egypt freely; the cucumbers, and the melons, and the leeks, and the onions, and the garlic: 6 But now our soul is dried away: there is nothing at all, beside this manna, before our eyes.

Does that sound like people whose desire it was to inherit a promised land they had never seen?

Repeat after Me say My name is david and I am a FOOL.

Exodus 3:17
And I have promised to bring you up out of your misery in Egypt into the land of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites-a land flowing with milk and honey.'

Their almighty and all powerful god that can ""do all things could not make a land of milk and honey for his chosen men instead he told them to go and take the lands of others that is flowing with milk and honey. Coincidence?

These ignorant fools just know how to ejaculate all the time without engaging their brains.

These stupid and deluded apologist ejaculates foolishly all the time without engaging his brain. Deluded slowpoke.

Paul didnt even have a wife. The rest of the piffle here i'd need help understanding it, he must have read this in his own book.

So what if he had no wife? There are many sexist people that have no wives. Do you reason at all or were you too much in a hurry to sound stupid?

When the bible says God has given up the wicked to a REPROBATE MIND . . . a mind that sees the truth but prefers to believe a lie . . . you cannot but shake your head in sadness. Where did this son of the devil find his examples that he sighted above?

The bible in so many places talks about god hardening people's heart or sending spirits to decieve people so that they will believe a lie, No? Idoit.

When did the jews wish to use stoning to keep their kids in line?

They wrote that their god told them to stone their disobedient children to death No? deluded slowpoke.
Re: Can Anyone Answer This Question: "who Is God" by Nobody: 2:05am On Jul 03, 2009
bindex:

Exodus 3:17
And I have promised to bring you up out of your misery in Egypt into the land of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites-a land flowing with milk and honey.'

Their almighty and all powerful god that can ""do all things could not make a land of milk and honey for his chosen men instead he told them to go and take the lands of others that is flowing with milk and honey. Coincidence?

errr you seem to be too blind to focus on the main issue . . . was it the EARTHLY DESIRE OF THE JEWS to inherit a promised land? where did they express this desire? You rushed in your ignorant haste to post a PROMISE FROM GOD . . . where did the jews ask for the promise? where did they EVER seek a land flowing with milk and honey OF THEIR OWN ACCORD? where these not the same people who tried TWICE to lead themselves back into Egypt?

Where is the coincidence? You've been bandying the word around . . . pls WHERE IS IT? coincidence of WHAT EXACTLY with WHAT?

THAT is the issue being debated on. the rest of your piffle is the usual run around when you fools have no footing to stand on.
Re: Can Anyone Answer This Question: "who Is God" by bindex(m): 2:17am On Jul 03, 2009
davidylan:

errr you seem to be too blind to focus on the main issue . . . was it the EARTHLY DESIRE OF THE JEWS to inherit a promised land? where did they express this desire? You rushed in your ignorant haste to post a PROMISE FROM GOD . . . where did the jews ask for the promise? where did they EVER seek a land flowing with milk and honey OF THEIR OWN ACCORD? where these not the same people who tried TWICE to lead themselves back into Egypt?

Where is the coincidence? You've been bandying the word around . . . pls WHERE IS IT? coincidence of WHAT EXACTLY with WHAT?

THAT is the issue being debated on. the rest of your piffle is the usual run around when you fools have no footing to stand on.

Again repeat after me, My name is david and I am a block headed FOOL. Where you there when their warrior and tribal god was telling them he made them a promise or did you read it from what they said their their god told them? What evidence have you go to show that they were ever enslaved in Eygypt in the first place? you can start by providing egyptian records to support your claims only then will I take your serious. Deluded slowpoke.
Re: Can Anyone Answer This Question: "who Is God" by Nobody: 2:23am On Jul 03, 2009
bindex:

Again repeat after me, My name is david and I am a block headed FOOL. Where you there when their warrior and tribal god was telling them he made them a promise or did you read it from what they said their their god told them? What evidence have you go to show that they were ever enslaved in Eygypt in the first place? you can start by providing egyptian records to support your claims only then will I take your serious. Deluded slowpoke.

more drivel . . . pls look at the ISSUE AGAIN!

was it the EARTHLY DESIRE OF THE JEWS to inherit a promised land? where did they express this desire? You rushed in your ignorant haste to post a PROMISE FROM GOD . . . where did the jews ask for the promise? where did they EVER seek a land flowing with milk and honey OF THEIR OWN ACCORD? where these not the same people who tried TWICE to lead themselves back into Egypt?

Re: Can Anyone Answer This Question: "who Is God" by bindex(m): 2:28am On Jul 03, 2009
davidylan:

more drivel . . . pls look at the ISSUE AGAIN!

was it the EARTHLY DESIRE OF THE JEWS to inherit a promised land? where did they express this desire? You rushed in your ignorant haste to post a PROMISE FROM GOD . . . where did the jews ask for the promise? where did they EVER seek a land flowing with milk and honey OF THEIR OWN ACCORD? where these not the same people who tried TWICE to lead themselves back into Egypt?

More meaningless talk, Pls look at the ISSUE AGIAN!

Re: Can Anyone Answer This Question: "who Is God" by Nobody: 2:36am On Jul 03, 2009
bindex:

More meaningless talk, Pls look at the ISSUE AGIAN!

Again you airhead desperately avoid the issue by coming up with redherrings about PROVING the bible right or wrong . . . that was NOT the point raised. Let me break it down since you dont have the mental capacity of an adult . . .

Tudors lie - 1.Your god has NEVER manifested himself and only speaks through people, each time his words strangely coincide with their own personal desires.

My refutation - How do God's words coincide with my personal desires?

Your own LIE - The people that wrote the bible claim that god spoke through them didn't they? When the jews were walking in the wilderness according to the bible with no land to live in did their god not tell them to kill other people and take their lands? Is that not a coincedence with their personal desires?

This is the ACTUAL TRUTH - Numbers 14: 1 And all the congregation lifted up their voice, and cried; and the people wept that night. 2 And all the children of Israel murmured against Moses and against Aaron: and the whole congregation said unto them, Would God that we had died in the land of Egypt! or would God we had died in this wilderness! 3 And wherefore hath the LORD brought us unto this land, to fall by the sword, that our wives and our children should be a prey? were it not better for us to return into Egypt? 4 And they said one to another, Let us make a captain, and let us return into Egypt.

Now issue again - how did the desires of the jews coincide with the promise of God to take them to a promised land?

Let me repeat again - it has NOTHING to do with whether the jews were actually ever in the wilderness or not.

Good day.
Re: Can Anyone Answer This Question: "who Is God" by Nobody: 2:37am On Jul 03, 2009
and if you are interested in proof . . . i would be more than willing to take that up provided you fool are also ready to prove the validity of the counter theory of evolution.

Again good day.
Re: Can Anyone Answer This Question: "who Is God" by RotannaEze(m): 2:42am On Jul 03, 2009
I must admit it's getting hot in this room.
@ noetic
No hard feelings am on your side mate.But still with a little misconception about the subject topic.I still believe there is more to your answer.Are you saying that God is God just because of what he did for you.Is that it?.
Do you mind explaining this you wrote for me."The best thing i know about God,is the personal touch and experience i have with him,established only through Christ Jesus".
@ okija_juju
Do you mind also to explain why on earth you think that our God is just an idea to you.
@ bindex
i think you should not use the word 'FOOL' or anymore 'ABUSIVE WORDS' anymore.We know some answers are making you vexed,but you have to see it as their own idea.If you want to do a great good by changing he's mind,i don't think that will help.
@ davidylan
i want you to help us understand you better.Concerning the subject topic,what are you really saying?
{i like this topic}
Re: Can Anyone Answer This Question: "who Is God" by Nobody: 2:57am On Jul 03, 2009
God is the alpha and the Omega, the Begining and the End . . . the One who was and is and is to come. My Saviour, King, Lord and Best Friend.

Anyone who is not comfortable with the above can create a god to himself . . . to believe is not by force.
Re: Can Anyone Answer This Question: "who Is God" by bindex(m): 6:09am On Jul 03, 2009
davidylan:

Again you airhead desperately avoid the issue by coming up with redherrings about PROVING the bible right or wrong . . . that was NOT the point raised. Let me break it down since you dont have the mental capacity of an adult . . .

Tudors lie - 1.Your god has NEVER manifested himself and only speaks through people, each time his words strangely coincide with their own personal desires.

My refutation - How do God's words coincide with my personal desires?

Your own LIE - The people that wrote the bible claim that god spoke through them didn't they? When the jews were walking in the wilderness according to the bible with no land to live in did their god not tell them to kill other people and take their lands? Is that not a coincedence with their personal desires?

This is the ACTUAL TRUTH - Numbers 14: 1 And all the congregation lifted up their voice, and cried; and the people wept that night. 2 And all the children of Israel murmured against Moses and against Aaron: and the whole congregation said unto them, Would God that we had died in the land of Egypt! or would God we had died in this wilderness! 3 And wherefore hath the LORD brought us unto this land, to fall by the sword, that our wives and our children should be a prey? were it not better for us to return into Egypt? 4 And they said one to another, Let us make a captain, and let us return into Egypt.

Now issue again - how did the desires of the jews coincide with the promise of God to take them to a promised land?

Let me repeat again - it has NOTHING to do with whether the jews were actually ever in the wilderness or not.

Good day.

Bla bla bla bla bla. Where you there when they wrote down what ever they wrote? Where you there when the god they created in their own image promised them the land that belongs to other people? I will only talk about that myth when you provide evidence to show that they were ever enslaved in eygypt in the first place.

davidylan:

and if you are interested in proof . . . i would be more than willing to take that up provided you fool are also ready to prove the validity of the counter theory of evolution.

Again good day.

What is it about the theory of evolution that SCARES you so much? You quickly changed the topic to evolution because it gives you sleepless nights and tells you that you've been wasting your time believing in the myths of ancient men who believed that humans were made from sand.

I have told you this before, Where is your scientific theory that counters the evolution theory? You said you are a "scientist". Do you know how to write peer reviewed papers? If you do then pls I will like you to write to the NAS and show them why the evolution theory is wrong. If you don't know how to write a peer reviewed paper then I know someone that can teach you and after he's done teaching you, I will like you to write a paper to the NAS and show them why they are all wrong about the evolution theory. The discovery institute has been looking for people that will do that for decades, you will not only be of great help to them but you will be given a Nobel peace prize amongst a lot of other things.

Your name will go down in the history books as the name that was able to disprove the evolution theory, As long as science is a part of the human scociety your name will always be remembered. You will be held in high regard and be revered like Einstein, Newton, Darwin, Curie, Archemedes etc.

Pls take up the challenge and let me know after you have submitted your paper to the NAS. Only then will I take you serious you deluded FOOL.

davidylan:

God is the alpha and the Omega, the Begining and the End . . . the One who was and is and is to come. My Saviour, King, Lord and Best Friend.

Anyone who is not comfortable with the above can create a god to himself . . . to believe is not by force.

You believe in this god that others created no? Deluded FOOL.
Re: Can Anyone Answer This Question: "who Is God" by toneyb: 7:08am On Jul 03, 2009
noetic2:

u definitely need to re-examine ur faith. did anyone coerce u into christianity? how can a born again ask such questions?

To answer ur post.

God is the source and[b] sustainer of my existence[/b], the filler of my emptiness. He is to me the source of my inspiration, vision and goals. He has taught me to see things through His eyes.He made everything and all things that exist. He is Love and the basis of Life. but to be honest, I love Him simply because He loved and called me first.

He lived in human form as Christ and taught me how to live. His lessons of living look impossible to achieve considering my literal attempts at attaining perfection, but understanding that righteousness comes by grace and not by works alone makes me understand that the perfection I crave for is a gradual journey He alone can lead me to.

Little by little I have died to old habits. This gradual death has not been due to societal influence or personal convictions but by the encouragement of the holy spirit. He makes it easier by reminding me that I am not condemned, I have to bear the works of the spirit even though works alone dont guarantee peace and eternal life with Jesus and above all to bear good fruits as an ambassador of Christ in the land of the living.

I see God more as a helper and confidant. all of my burdens I have cast unto Him. Looking back, I can only see His faithfulness, this proven faithfulness is the basis of my faith to believe the impossible in an uncertain future. God has been my sustainer and my friend.

Do I have doubts . . . . No.
Do I have fears , . . .Yes. . . . but He constantly reminds me that it is well. And on sober reflection, I realise that there is no basis for my fears. They are probably due to the human nature of being anxious of the future.

The best thing I know about God, is the[b] personal touch and experience I have with him[/b], established only through Christ Jesus.

All I can see in your post are my, personal, me etc. Everything is all about you. Are you talking about the god that is written in the bible? The god that was all over the place addressing people through public speeches in the bible and leading his chosen men with a mighty sword of slaughter against others that worshiped other gods? Are you talking about the same god that the bible says who showed all the prophets of baal that he exist when a test was conducted after which all the prophets of baal were slaughtered? Why can't the same god carry a similar test with the present day believers in allah?

Is it the same god that came to the world in the form of a human and did so many wonders for all to see as it was written about him in the bible. The same god that said that those that believe in him will do greater things than he did. Walk on water, raise people from the dead, heal amputees, cure people of cancer, heal the blind (even those that were born blind). Just as it was written about him.

The same god talks in so many places that he will protect his own and so many signs shall follow those that believe in him, they shall drink poison and not be harmed, snakes will do nothing to them etc. Are you talking about the same god in the bible that said that people will see him and his glory and be afriad? why don't we see any of these things happening? Snakes kill christians, christians drink poison and die.

The question is this, why did this god that was all over the place addressing people through public speeches and leading them in wars against his enemies when men were primitive no longer around doing all these things the bible said he did now that men have become much more advanced? Why did he suddenly run away? is it the same god that was afraid that men will build a tower high up to to where he lives? mordern men have been to the moon(higher than the tower of babel but did not see the "heaven" he was afraid primitive men could build a house that could reach high up to ) why is he no longer fighting and destroying the enemies of his people any more? Did he change his mind? I thought he said he is the same forever and he NEVER changes his mind?

Why are christians unable to do any of the things the bible said jesus did, things like changing water into wine, raising people from the dead, healing amputees and making their limbs grow back, healing people that are blind, all the things the bible said jesus did and things jesus promised that christians will do?

Why is it that this same god has now been reduced to a personal god and all you have to say about him relates to me, my, I etc?

Is it because it is all a LIE?
Re: Can Anyone Answer This Question: "who Is God" by Tudor6(f): 7:48am On Jul 03, 2009
@Davidylan
Whats this crap about the promised land not being their "EARTHLY DESIRES''?
A nomadic people walking in the desert for forty years what do think is their main desire. . . . .chips?. . .NO its LAND TO SETTLE/STEAL ofcourse.
True they tried to return but that was totally out of frustration, they saw that their imaginary god was not forthcoming with the "promise"- and they decided to bail.
Re: Can Anyone Answer This Question: "who Is God" by RotannaEze(m): 9:13am On Jul 03, 2009
We are now coming to that conclusion i had in mind from the very start.
Half of the house is saying that this our God is nothing but a 'MYTH'.Therefore all the great bible stories are nothing but make-believe stories.Thereby making it a lie.
And the other half saying, still standing on their unending faith,that God is what the bible said he is according to Genesis.
Well that is interesting,cos when things fall apart,the centre cannot hold.
@ bindex
From the way you sound,i don't think you are a christian.I will like to know the faith you are,the GOD or gods you serve,so we can know where you are coming from and maybe see things from your own perspective.
Re: Can Anyone Answer This Question: "who Is God" by noetic2: 2:15pm On Jul 03, 2009
Rotanna Eze:

I must admit it's getting hot in this room.
@ noetic
No hard feelings am on your side mate.But still with a little misconception about the subject topic.I still believe there is more to your answer.Are you saying that God is God just because of what he did for you.Is that it?.
Do you mind explaining this you wrote for me."The best thing i know about God,is the personal touch and experience i have with him,established only through Christ Jesus".
toneyb:

All I can see in your post are my, personal, me etc. Everything is all about you. Are you talking about the god that is written in the bible? The god that was all over the place addressing people through public speeches in the bible and leading his chosen men with a mighty sword of slaughter against others that worshiped other gods? Are you talking about the same god that the bible says who showed all the prophets of baal that he exist when a test was conducted after which all the prophets of baal were slaughtered? Why can't the same god carry a similar test with the present day believers in allah?

Is it the same god that came to the world in the form of a human and did so many wonders for all to see as it was written about him in the bible. The same god that said that those that believe in him will do greater things than he did. Walk on water, raise people from the dead, heal amputees, cure people of cancer, heal the blind (even those that were born blind). Just as it was written about him.

The same god talks in so many places that he will protect his own and so many signs shall follow those that believe in him, they shall drink poison and not be harmed, snakes will do nothing to them etc. Are you talking about the same god in the bible that said that people will see him and his glory and be afriad? why don't we see any of these things happening? Snakes kill christians, christians drink poison and die.

The question is this, why did this god that was all over the place addressing people through public speeches and leading them in wars against his enemies when men were primitive no longer around doing all these things the bible said he did now that men have become much more advanced? Why did he suddenly run away? is it the same god that was afraid that men will build a tower high up to to where he lives?  mordern men have been to the moon(higher than the tower of babel but did not see the "heaven" he was afraid primitive men could build a house that could reach high up to ) why is he no longer fighting and destroying the enemies of his people any more? Did he change his mind? I thought he said he is the same forever and he NEVER changes his mind?

Why are christians unable to do any of the things the bible said jesus did, things like changing water into wine, raising people from the dead, healing amputees and making their limbs grow back, healing people that are blind, all the things the bible said jesus did and things jesus promised that christians will do?

Why is it that this same god has now been reduced to a personal god and all you have to say about him relates to me, my, I etc?

Is it because it is all a LIE?
Whats the meaning of the RUBBISH both of u are saying? This was the question I was asked:
Rotanna Eze:

@ noetic2

And that Explains the inter-personal answer I gave. If u want a general overview, then RE-FRAME ur question.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Paul And Muhammad Compared / Exposed! Redeemed Pastor Adeboye In N20b Fraud! / God Doesn't Exist, If Its A Lie Can U Proof His Existence??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.