Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,019 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

God Doesn't Exist, If Its A Lie Can U Proof His Existence?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Doesn't Exist, If Its A Lie Can U Proof His Existence?? (1544 Views)

Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? / Bad News For Atheists: Scientists Say Cosmos Shouldn't Exist If Big Bang Is True / 10 Reasons Why God Doesn't Exist Today, Tomorrow And 4ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Doesn't Exist, If Its A Lie Can U Proof His Existence?? by samesco: 3:39pm On Oct 06, 2014
Olawale Irin-iwe Oluwagbeminiyi wrote
I was told by family and friends that i must worship a god so i will not end up in some hell fire.
They told me olorun/Eledumare of Yoruba pantheon is the same as the bible jewish god called Yahweh, european god called Jehovah and Arabic quranic god called Allah.
When i chose to go with Eledumare and worshiped him the way my forebearer worshipped it (sacrifices,incantation and libation), they said that was wrong because i must either accept another lesser god/human called jesus or i should pray in a strange language and do some acrobatic stuff before that god will answer my prayers.
I told them that the way my fore bearers were thought by this Eledumare is to do sacrifice with epo,iyo and speak incantation (ayajo) and proverb (owe) but these religious people said their own god does not accept such,which made me to wonder why this god keeps changing from one culture to another.
These people will not accept that Sango, Obatala,Oromiyan and the rest of Yoruba patheon gods were sent by this eledumare,yet they insist that their god is same as Yoruba Olorun/Eledumare.
They told me their god chose some people more special than every other race in the world,even more special than the Yoruba race; that this god commanded these special people to go around to commit genocide,murdered over 500,000 children in one night because the same god harden the heart of a king to stop it children from leaving bondage.
The other group told me the god chose a man to wage war from Arabia to europe, enslaved millions of African and murdered many during slavery too.
They told me their own prophet married a 6 years old girl and screwed her at the age of 9, while such is an abomination in my own culture and our own eledumare will frown at such, yet they insisted their god is same as my fore bearer's eledumare.
When i told them Eledumare did not asked Sango to go wipe out the edos or igbos because they do not believe in him since they have their own gods like amadioha too and neither did it climed to be a jelous god or did it wiped out the entire world because they did not love him back, hence i doubt if we are talking about same god.
They resulted to calling me infidel and foolish because i insisted Eledumare MUST be different from their blood tasty Yahweh or genocidal allah and i would rather worship it the way my forebearer worshiped it.
Eledumare is not same as Yahweh/Jehova/Allah because they share almost nothing in common. No insults please, if u think this man is wrong , kindly proof him wrong nicely!!! Over to the believers

1 Like

Re: God Doesn't Exist, If Its A Lie Can U Proof His Existence?? by samesco: 3:46pm On Oct 06, 2014
Don't insult please, if u can't proof the op wrong, just like d post and move on
Re: God Doesn't Exist, If Its A Lie Can U Proof His Existence?? by anselm791(m): 3:49pm On Oct 06, 2014
Oga believe wetin you wan believe, no be everybody suppose go heaven.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: God Doesn't Exist, If Its A Lie Can U Proof His Existence?? by alabiyemmy(m): 3:53pm On Oct 06, 2014
your problem, you beleive or not.
Re: God Doesn't Exist, If Its A Lie Can U Proof His Existence?? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 06, 2014
Did you just say 'proof'?
Re: God Doesn't Exist, If Its A Lie Can U Proof His Existence?? by peteregwu(m): 4:30pm On Oct 06, 2014
At the op, why did you say prove that God does exist. The God am talking is not Satan, amdioha, esu, Allah or whatever etc. Am talking of the God that created the universe, yes he does exist.

So long you as the op exist, God exist. If you don't believe that God exist, then you don't exist. grin

2 Likes

Re: God Doesn't Exist, If Its A Lie Can U Proof His Existence?? by LOC1(m): 4:36pm On Oct 06, 2014
Well, Obatala/Sango/Amadioha and other indigneous gods accept humans as sacrifices but there is just one god that accepts PRAISES and he listens to our SUPPLICATIONS. He is the ALMIGHTY GOD
Re: God Doesn't Exist, If Its A Lie Can U Proof His Existence?? by davien(m): 4:44pm On Oct 06, 2014
samesco let me brief you up on what i call the "god concept"
[b]
"god or gods" are constructs man has used through out the ages to either control,delude or give praise to a set of people deemed as "chosen ones"
for this to be done....it must meet some functions;

1.Undetectable;
The entity must never be identified....to do this...it must be placed at the highest peak of human knowledge-- the unknown....here are some examples;
Caves
Mountains
Sky
Sun
Moon
Venus
Mercury
Saturn
Outside time and space

You will notice with increased knowledge the "god concept" shifts to a scope of understanding that is unreach-able...

2.Unquestionable;
A grip of fear must always get to anyone who wants to question the validity of this entity through the fabrications of;
hell
hades
tartarus
lightning strikes
earth swallowing you up
spirit of death
etc

3.Reasons to always believe;
promises are made to keep people always believing..these are;
heaven
eternal bliss
re-incarnation
meet deceased loved ones
euphoria
72 virgins etc

GIVE ALL THESE AND THEY'LL CONVINCE THEMSELVES ABOUT THE REST... [/b]

4 Likes

Re: God Doesn't Exist, If Its A Lie Can U Proof His Existence?? by delishpot: 4:48pm On Oct 06, 2014
OP, why do you also believe that those pagan gods are real too? Do they do what the other God you deny cannot do? Last time I checked, boko haram, ritual killing armed robbers, 4 nineteen etc still rule naija. Why did ogun and co not help? To me o. You sef no get proof of yours. If you said you do not believe in any God or gods or devil ehen! I would listen to you. But asking to choose between muscle of cow and beef or 'yes i will 'and 'ok I will' e go hard o.

1 Like

Re: God Doesn't Exist, If Its A Lie Can U Proof His Existence?? by Atigba: 6:31pm On Oct 06, 2014
LOC1:
Well, Obatala/Sango/Amadioha and other indigneous gods accept humans as sacrifices but there is just one god that accepts PRAISES and he listens to our SUPPLICATIONS. He is the ALMIGHTY GOD
Judges 11:29-40 NLT "At that time the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jephthah, and he went throughout the land of Gilead and Manasseh, including Mizpah in Gilead, and led an army against the Ammonites. And Jephthah made a vow to the LORD. He said, "If you give me victory over the Ammonites, I will give to the LORD the first thing coming out of my house to greet me when I return in triumph. I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering."

"So Jephthah led his army against the Ammonites, and the LORD gave him victory. He thoroughly defeated the Ammonites from Aroer to an area near Minnith – twenty towns – and as far away as Abel-keramim. Thus Israel subdued the Ammonites. When Jephthah returned home to Mizpah, his daughter – his only child – ran out to meet him, playing on a tambourine and dancing for joy. When he saw her, he tore his clothes in anguish. "My daughter!" he cried out. "My heart is breaking! What a tragedy that you came out to greet me. For I have made a vow to the LORD and cannot take it back." And she said, "Father, you have made a promise to the LORD. You must do to me what you have promised, for the LORD has given you a great victory over your enemies, the Ammonites. But first let me go up and roam in the hills and weep with my friends for two months, because I will die a virgin." "You may go," Jephthah said. And he let her go away for two months. She and her friends went into the hills and wept because she would never have children. When she returned home, her father kept his vow, and she died a virgin. So it has become a custom in Israel for young Israelite women to go away for four days each year to lament the fate of Jephthah's daughter." Sorry your jewish God accept human sacrifice as well not only Africa Gods

1 Like

Re: God Doesn't Exist, If Its A Lie Can U Proof His Existence?? by slap1(m): 6:40pm On Oct 06, 2014
Some people don't believe in the law of gravity but it's there.
Re: God Doesn't Exist, If Its A Lie Can U Proof His Existence?? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 06, 2014
And Yes!!! That's the TRUTH...Planet earth is the only planet where the unknown exist for real,Religion was brought about to tame the wildness of man because men is literally wild so religion was brought about to instill fear into man so man can be controlled and governable,point no 2--The Jews hates the Christians,christians hates the muslim,muslim hates buddhist,buddhist hates the toasist etc now the question is,what's the difference between the wrong and the wrong? Point 3--before christianity was introduced to nigeria by Henry Townsend,our forefathers had solutions to their problems if God existed christianity would have been a universal phenomenon instead of being introduced and forced down the throat of some certain primitive minds,I just want to stop here,I got a lot more because I study everyday and I can boldly tell whoever that one with knowledge is more dangerous than one with gun that's why I keep up with study every 24hours in a 365 rotation/revolution round the sun,unfortunately its night now and I gotta retire to bed.
Re: God Doesn't Exist, If Its A Lie Can U Proof His Existence?? by PedroJP(m): 9:05pm On Oct 06, 2014
All both believers and non believers measure time with BC and AD. Guess that alone can go a long way to prove His existence
Re: God Doesn't Exist, If Its A Lie Can U Proof His Existence?? by samesco: 9:59pm On Oct 06, 2014
anselm791:
Oga believe wetin you wan believe, no be everybody suppose go heaven.
4ur mind, u dey go heaven ba?
Re: God Doesn't Exist, If Its A Lie Can U Proof His Existence?? by samesco: 10:04pm On Oct 06, 2014
PedroJP:
All both believers and non believers measure time with BC and AD. Guess that alone can go a long way to prove His existence
aren't u aware of islamic calender too?? Moreso, i was told we won't b working in heaven, all we will do is sing praises, can sm1 nw tell me d essence of d mansions promised in d bible? Or are we going to be having break for relaxation in our mansions after a praise session?
Re: God Doesn't Exist, If Its A Lie Can U Proof His Existence?? by samesco: 10:07pm On Oct 06, 2014
aaronson:
And Yes!!! That's the TRUTH...Planet earth is the only planet where the unknown exist for real,Religion was brought about to tame the wildness of man because men is literally wild so religion was brought about to instill fear into man so man can be controlled and governable,point no 2--The Jews hates the Christians,christians hates the muslim,muslim hates buddhist,buddhist hates the toasist etc now the question is,what's the difference between the wrong and the wrong? Point 3--before christianity was introduced to nigeria by Henry Townsend,our forefathers had solutions to their problems if God existed christianity would have been a universal phenomenon instead of being introduced and forced down the throat of some certain primitive minds,I just want to stop here,I got a lot more because I study everyday and I can boldly tell whoever that one with knowledge is more dangerous than one with gun that's why I keep up with study every 24hours in a 365 rotation/revolution round the sun,unfortunately its night now and I gotta retire to bed.
tank u o, i will only believe if dis makes fp
Re: God Doesn't Exist, If Its A Lie Can U Proof His Existence?? by samesco: 10:15pm On Oct 06, 2014
peteregwu:
At the op, why did you say prove that God does exist. The God am talking is not Satan, amdioha, esu, Allah or whatever etc. Am talking of the God that created the universe, yes he does exist.

So long you as the op exist, God exist. If you don't believe that God exist, then you don't exist. grin
hw can u say because i dont exist, dis topic doesnt exist also. Dats nt logical, though i am d op, but i can cease to exist after creating d topic... So, it is wrong to say if God doesnt exist i won't exist
Re: God Doesn't Exist, If Its A Lie Can U Proof His Existence?? by femicyrus(m): 10:35pm On Oct 06, 2014
Op, try to close your eyes for few seconds.
Ok
You can now open it.
So what did you see while your eyes were closed?

Your answer is the solution to your post
It is either you are in darkness or the light.
It take light to believe in the one that said 'let there be light' and it takes darkness to be in a confused state without form and that was why it was void while your eyes where closed
Re: God Doesn't Exist, If Its A Lie Can U Proof His Existence?? by PedroJP(m): 10:40pm On Oct 06, 2014
samesco:
aren't u aware of islamic calender too?? Moreso, i was told we won't b working in heaven, all we will do is sing praises, can sm1 nw tell me d essence of d mansions promised in d bible? Or are we going to be having break for relaxation in our mansions after a praise session?

Do u even believe a person of Christ ever existed ? Do u believe his pronouncement dat someone sent him ? Do u believe d world accepted d Ad n Bc time trend showing he ever existed ? Do u know dat here on earth, in wat ever position, situation, condition u can always praise God just with ur mind, need not to move in a gathering to do so ? How much more a place u have no worries, just at peace. Guy imagine it this way, a place where ur conversation with another not really in a gathering will b in praise of the Holy one, where u are moving about in admiration of the beautiful creation there also in praise of d Holy one. Maybe flying from one end to another(smiles) in praise of d Holy one. D mansion we do not know how it is yet, could b a promise of a bliss. Hope u are not xpecting a home built with gold though it can possibly b there as i'v not been there and look 4ward to making it to dat holy place. O heaven, a perfect place human understand can't comprehend
Re: God Doesn't Exist, If Its A Lie Can U Proof His Existence?? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Oct 06, 2014
samesco:
tank u o, i will only believe if dis makes fp
lol,you funny bro.
Re: God Doesn't Exist, If Its A Lie Can U Proof His Existence?? by SwiitBerry09: 11:50pm On Oct 06, 2014
GOD above al gods do exist.
Re: God Doesn't Exist, If Its A Lie Can U Proof His Existence?? by golor(m): 2:06am On Oct 07, 2014
@op.do u knw apart from God their re other things dat exist bt cn nt b proven?for example Air,we feel Air bt if some one ask u to catch or hold Air u cn nt,apart from dat wat happen abt d Soul we keep talkin abt cn it b proven?nor d mind?cn u prove were ur mind is in ur body?see d God of allah,jew nd christain re one nd thesame thing dat because God is one and nt multiple.u see we human commmit fallacy d moment we start discriminatin,we re all servin desame God bt in different way,see if dat ur traditional gods z nt a blood sucking god believe me,,he is also servin d same almighty God,if his usin his traditional believe to cure sickness nd problem bt b4 i drop,i will lyk u to understand d fact dat servin God doesn't require us anything so it z good to believe in him because it doesn't cost us anything......try to b in a saver ground.....and again a part of d bible was pharaphrase two time in different chapter and dat z d only part of d bible dat repeat it self and it says it z only a fool dat will say God doesn't exist.
Re: God Doesn't Exist, If Its A Lie Can U Proof His Existence?? by matogunjobi: 2:11am On Oct 07, 2014
I think the owner of Nairaland should be concerned about the QUALITY not QUANTITY of posts.. eventually the flood of irrelevant topics laden with naivety and blissful ignorance will rule the day, along with its attendant minions of buffoons
Re: God Doesn't Exist, If Its A Lie Can U Proof His Existence?? by peteregwu(m): 8:58am On Oct 07, 2014
samesco:
hw can u say because i dont exist, dis topic doesnt exist also. Dats nt logical, though i am d op, but i can cease to exist after creating d topic... So, it is wrong to say if God doesnt exist i won't exist

After all you not the op. What I said is, if the op claim God does not exist, then it means he also does not exist. grin
Re: God Doesn't Exist, If Its A Lie Can U Proof His Existence?? by samesco: 9:48am On Oct 07, 2014
matogunjobi:
I think the owner of Nairaland should be concerned about the QUALITY not QUANTITY of posts.. eventually the flood of irrelevant topics laden with naivety and blissful ignorance will rule the day, along with its attendant minions of buffoons
mr man, whats with the insults?? Are u high?? Didn't u see where u are ask nt to insult anyone in the op?? U better create your own website if nairaland is annoying u

1 Like

Re: God Doesn't Exist, If Its A Lie Can U Proof His Existence?? by samesco: 9:53am On Oct 07, 2014
PedroJP:

Do u even believe a person of Christ ever existed ? Do u believe his pronouncement dat someone sent him ? Do u believe d world accepted d Ad n Bc time trend showing he ever existed ? Do u know dat here on earth, in wat ever position, situation, condition u can always praise God just with ur mind, need not to move in a gathering to do so ? How much more a place u have no worries, just at peace. Guy imagine it this way, a place where ur conversation with another not really in a gathering will b in praise of the Holy one, where u are moving about in admiration of the beautiful creation there also in praise of d Holy one. Maybe flying from one end to another(smiles) in praise of d Holy one. D mansion we do not know how it is yet, could b a promise of a bliss. Hope u are not xpecting a home built with gold though it can possibly b there as i'v not been there and look 4ward to making it to dat holy place. O heaven, a perfect place human understand can't comprehend
did u just say we will have nothing to worry about in heaven?? So what is the essence of believing that doing good on earth makes you have treasures in heaven?? Why do i need to gather treasure where there wont be worry? I tot houses ar needed only where shelter is required for survival
Re: God Doesn't Exist, If Its A Lie Can U Proof His Existence?? by PedroJP(m): 11:31am On Oct 07, 2014
samesco:
did u just say we will have nothing to worry about in heaven?? So what is the essence of believing that doing good on earth makes you have treasures in heaven?? Why do i need to gather treasure where there wont be worry? I tot houses ar needed only where shelter is required for survival

My dear, wat sort of argument are u dragging me into ?

""Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal." (Matthew 6:19-20).

In essence, worry not about things here that will make u lose eternal life cos there are much better ecstacy in a permanent deal in a life somewhere and dat shud b ur target. Not literarily a treasure to beat poverty or suffering in heaven but a treasure immeasurable compared to earthly longings
Re: God Doesn't Exist, If Its A Lie Can U Proof His Existence?? by matogunjobi: 3:16pm On Oct 24, 2014
samesco:
mr man, whats with the insults?? Are u high?? Didn't u see where u are ask nt to insult anyone in the op?? U better create your own website if nairaland is annoying u

Pointing out the obvious can seem offensive. so if you take offense then it must be true grin
Re: God Doesn't Exist, If Its A Lie Can U Proof His Existence?? by gebest: 4:03pm On Oct 24, 2014
If u no be fo ol u 4 no say na somebody make u dey alive 2day. Nd dat person na God.
Re: God Doesn't Exist, If Its A Lie Can U Proof His Existence?? by paxonel(m): 4:33pm On Oct 24, 2014
when you see people worship God, it is a prove that God exist. just follow and worship

(1) (Reply)

Why Sticking To A Specific Religion Doesnt Make Sence / Failed Election Prophecies By Self Acclaimed 'men Of God' & Its Effect On Membrs / Sodom And Gomorrah Has Finally Being Discovered In Jordan As Stated In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.