Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,943 members, 7,952,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:04 AM

Under The Bed (family Ties). - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Under The Bed (family Ties). (1024 Views)

Having To Sleep Under The Bed You Made (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Under The Bed (family Ties). by RemenZack(f): 8:57am On Feb 04, 2016
P.S - www.remenzack.com is thoroughly responsible for any of her posts linked here on Nairaland.

I would wake up to the coolness and draught of my Bedroom sometimes. I was used to waking up around rubbish and waste of Candy, Chocolate and Cookie wrappers under my small bed.

My name is Melanie Jones and I was Eight years old when my Father would return home, smelling different and weird and hitting my Mother several times, without saying, 'Sorry' after.

It was new to my eyes how my Father would yell, kick, bellow and scream, like I often did when my Mother would refuse to get me the newest Clothes for my Closet.

My Father was the kind to shower my Mother with gifts, love and affection until he suddenly stopped and the colour of hatred was all my eyes could see in their union.

It was just another day and I was playing with my Barbie Doll, the head out of its body but it was still a worthy property in my hands. That was when I heard footsteps approaching, troubling and loud footsteps, making the floor quake.

I thought it would be a Dinosaur or a Dragon, the really big ones my Mother said only existed in those Movies and nowhere else.

Then, I heard roars of laughter and so much ardent emotions all at once.

I fled into my Mother's room, since my room didn't feel safe anymore. Father still managed to grab me from under my bed and twist my ears for being an eavesdropping little girl.

I was quiet and unruffled under Mother's bed. It was so clean and neat, unlike mine. The footsteps and reverberation of voices still continued and found a way into Mother's room.

It was now more of giggles now and a new kind of sound, I've only heard when those older rated Movies was on Tv shortly. It was still new to me and I was growing accustomed to it when I felt a great deal of bodily pressure on top my head.

The new sound went on and on for minutes until I heard a loud cry. It was so loud, making me place my hands on my ears.

Then, I felt a great deal of relief when the pressure of bodily weight was lifted from my head, I could hear Mother and Mr Jerome talking, our neighbour with one bad eye and one terrible Wife. I didn't know if my Mother was doing something right or wrong but I instantly ooze out from my hiding place, under Mother's bed.

That earned me one big puce bruise on my skin, a really bruised and stained ego and a downpour of name-calling, for being an eavesdropping little girl.

That was when I swore as a Mother of my own Children and a Wife of my Husband and Home never ever make the under of any bed the dwelling place for my Children.

Re: Under The Bed (family Ties). by Nobody: 9:19am On Feb 04, 2016
Voting closes by 11pm today. Hurry and vote for your favourite story of the month.

https://www.nairaland.com/2906633/literature-sections-story-month-award/1#42605785
Re: Under The Bed (family Ties). by Divepen1(m): 12:17pm On Feb 04, 2016
rt
RemenZack:
P.S - www.remenzack.com is thoroughly responsible for any of her posts linked here on Nairaland.

I fled into my Mother's room, since my room didn't feel safe anymore. Father still managed to grab me from under my bed and twist my ears for being an eavesdropping little girl.

It's a nice piece. I don't understand this part.

1 Like

Re: Under The Bed (family Ties). by RemenZack(f): 7:10pm On Feb 04, 2016
It simply meant whenever the Persona's parents had an argument, she was hiding under the bed for safety and not because she was actually eavesdropping.
Thanks for reading and commenting.
Re: Under The Bed (family Ties). by lawrep1(f): 6:23pm On Feb 22, 2016
does dis mean d father hit d mother because she cheats

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Must Read: Lily & The Sexy Model [part 2] ($uper Er0tica) / STORY: Auntie Tope's Itchy Distress [must Read] / Call For Submissions: The New Man Writing Contest 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.