Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,536 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? (2577 Views)

INEC Should Postpone Ondo Election In The Spirit Of Fairness -fayose / Lagos/ogun Killings: Ijaw And Yoruba Nations To Hold Emergency Summit / Again, Saraki’s Supporters Invades CCT Trial, Demands Fairness Of Trial [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? by IkennaNweke(m): 9:39am On Feb 04, 2016
I rolled on my bed this last night and I wondered how what we YORUBAS condemned, fought and criticised under Obasanjo, Yar'Adua and Jonathan all suddenly became permissible under Buhari! It baffles me that what we have always stood for is being lost by some of us. Let me take some of these:

1. I am shocked that an educated Yoruba man could stand up and say the constitution can be subverted under a democratic government simply because we want to fight corruption.

2. I am shocked that we can say let us put aside the rule of law and operate by the rule of the thumb simply because a government has whipped up so much emotions in us to believe that those who stole should even be executed without trial.

3. It is shocking to me that what we denigrated Obasanjo for (disobedience of court orders, high-handedness, intimidation, mis-use of public institutions to harass opponents) are same things we are justifying on the expediency of "cleaning the mess created by PDP".

4. We have always been in opposition and principled critics of anti-democratic practices but I am shocked that all what our leaders have always criticised and fought against are being justified by us because a 'saint' has become president through us.

5. I never knew a Yorubaman like me could ever see corruption SOLELY on the prism of who is involved, what he used the money allegedly stolen for and the political party he belongs to. I never knew my Yoruba compatriot could see visible proof of corruption and say "no court has convicted him" but supports dropping rule of law to punish another person accused of SAME offence!

6. I am shocked that Yoruba man could justify something in Lagos but condemn it in Ekiti. Defend impunity in Abuja but criticise it in Port-Harcourt!

7. I never knew my people could see anyone who criticises a sitting government as being paid, supporting corruption and supporting a particular party but see those who support it as being the 'only' patriots.

8. At what time did we start condemning evil based only on who is involved and where he belongs to rather than the evil itself?

9. I am shocked that none of our leaders is even coughing about STATE POLICE and TRUE/FISCAL FEDERALISM again. No one is talking of lopsided revenue sharing formula again! Yet, these are issues we have been fighting successive governments over in the last FORTY years! But none of those who made it their daily songs is mentioning it again!

The Buhari presidency has shown clearly that may be, we are a the tribe of double standards. It is shameful!

Samuel Ajayi.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? by repogirl(f): 9:48am On Feb 04, 2016
Na so we see am ooo

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? by PHEMIEY(m): 9:49am On Feb 04, 2016
the wailing wailers at it again, if u sef stole 9ja money, better go donate am back to efcc like This day don do today

9 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? by chriskosherbal(m): 9:50am On Feb 04, 2016
Sense of fairness hmmmm
Re: Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 9:52am On Feb 04, 2016
Op this your Yoruba name Ikennanweke is very nice o.. Kontinu!

But you make sense die!!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? by softvio(m): 9:54am On Feb 04, 2016
Lalasticlala you don see this post? Oya do the needful
Re: Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? by asEdeyHOT: 10:03am On Feb 04, 2016
IkennaNweke:

[s]I rolled on my bed this last night and I wondered how what we YORUBAS condemned, fought and criticised under Obasanjo, Yar'Adua and Jonathan all suddenly became permissible under Buhari! It baffles me that what we have always stood for is being lost by some of us. Let me take some of these:

1. I am shocked that an educated Yoruba man could stand up and say the constitution can be subverted under a democratic government simply because we want to fight corruption.

2. I am shocked that we can say let us put aside the rule of law and operate by the rule of the thumb simply because a government has whipped up so much emotions in us to believe that those who stole should even be executed without trial.

3. It is shocking to me that what we denigrated Obasanjo for (disobedience of court orders, high-handedness, intimidation, mis-use of public institutions to harass opponents) are same things we are justifying on the expediency of "cleaning the mess created by PDP".

4. We have always been in opposition and principled critics of anti-democratic practices but I am shocked that all what our leaders have always criticised and fought against are being justified by us because a 'saint' has become president through us.

5. I never knew a Yorubaman like me could ever see corruption SOLELY on the prism of who is involved, what he used the money allegedly stolen for and the political party he belongs to. I never knew my Yoruba compatriot could see visible proof of corruption and say "no court has convicted him" but supports dropping rule of law to punish another person accused of SAME offence!

6. I am shocked that Yoruba man could justify something in Lagos but condemn it in Ekiti. Defend impunity in Abuja but criticise it in Port-Harcourt!

7. I never knew my people could see anyone who criticises a sitting government as being paid, supporting corruption and supporting a particular party but see those who support it as being the 'only' patriots.

8. At what time did we start condemning evil based only on who is involved and where he belongs to rather than the evil itself?

9. I am shocked that none of our leaders is even coughing about STATE POLICE and TRUE/FISCAL FEDERALISM again. No one is talking of lopsided revenue sharing formula again! Yet, these are issues we have been fighting successive governments over in the last FORTY years! But none of those who made it their daily songs is mentioning it again!

The Buhari presidency has shown clearly that may be, we are a the tribe of double standards. It is shameful!

Samuel Ajayi[/s].

IPOB Youth

You dont need to use a Yoruba name to mask your identity

Very poorly written and makes no sense

Samuel Ajayi ko, Samuel Ajala ni

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? by jollymizzle(m): 10:05am On Feb 04, 2016
Op your message is clear but you people had started criticising buharis administration even before he assumed office.And yes these are desperate times needing desperate measures. Corruption has ruined the country over the years and i belive it reached an unprecedented level during the past adminstration. It was only a matter of time before it destroyed us completely hence the need for change.so op in clear terms im telling you we yorubas are preparee to give this a chance and so should the rest of the country.just like we gave jonathan after we fought to make him president because its only fair.I promsise you we are awake and we wont hesitate to do what is right for the country.

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? by 7lives: 10:09am On Feb 04, 2016
IkennaNweke:

I rolled on my bed this last night and I wondered how what we YORUBAS condemned, fought and criticised under Obasanjo, Yar'Adua and Jonathan all suddenly became permissible under Buhari! It baffles me that what we have always stood for is being lost by some of us. Let me take some of these:

Samuel Ajayi.

Samuel Ajayi Crowther?, eyaa sorry, i never knew your condition is this crítical or how else can i understand this poo you posted here.

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? by Nobody: 10:11am On Feb 04, 2016
asEdeyHOT:

IPOB Youth

You dont need to use a Yoruba name to mask your identity

Very poorly written and makes no sense

Samuel Ajayi ko, Samuel Ajala ni

Will you also say that bishop ajayi crowther is not Yoruba but IPOB youth??

Hypocrites...

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? by fulanimafia: 10:31am On Feb 04, 2016
These IPOB touts are quickly losing it. Are your views so insignificant that you have resorted to impersonation?

How low can you go....

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? by IkennaNweke(m): 10:34am On Feb 04, 2016
fulanimafia:
These IPOB touts are quickly losing it. Are your views so insignificant that you have resorted to impersonation?

How low can you go....

It is not mine , but copied from a friend's page

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? by fulanimafia: 10:39am On Feb 04, 2016
I was referring to your 'friend'.

IkennaNweke:

It is not mine , but copied from a friend's page
Re: Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? by sunsewa: 11:56am On Feb 04, 2016
my brother ur on point,ur people has really lost their sense of fairness based on party sentiments,though handful of them are comIng back to their senses.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Feb 04, 2016
Your write up makes no sense, you cant be yoruba as its evident in your inability to make any profound point.

Samuel Ajayi my ass.

I can say as a yoruba that all we want is growth and development in every aspect of life possibly imaginable....

Im happy we are begining to become pro odua unequivocally so we can develop odua if Nigeria would continue bickering and disallow peace and cohesion. No more babysitting for peace sakes....

Odua first then Nigeria after.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? by akinyeleaa: 1:31pm On Feb 04, 2016
As much as what is up there is sensible, people who never believed in this govt shouldn't be the ones to talk, at least u never expected anything good from him. And talking about disregard of court, I think the problem with Nigeria is the law. We need morality and not some foolish legality where a common phone thief languishes in jail for years and you scream human rights for someone who misappropriates millions

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? by KINGwax007(m): 1:48pm On Feb 04, 2016
As usual= senseless!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? by EternalTruths: 1:56pm On Feb 04, 2016
Yoruba nation has always being a double standard nation that's why development has eluded them.

Eg Awolowo said Nigeria is a mere geopolitical expression. Years later, he fought to keep Nigeria one.

Eg Tinubu who once championed True Federalism, is now quiet.

Eg In 1999 , Yorubas were compensated with presidency when they were shouting Odua only for them to betray the SS people in ruling for 8years like OBJ because of Osinbanjo

Eg They shouted Southern Unity during OBJ's time but destroyed that unity because of Osinbanjo whom they thought will replace Buhari if he dies

Eg MKO campaigned for Igbo votes only to tell the whole world that he can do without the Igbo people

HYPOCRISY IS AS DEADLY AS LASSA FEVER AND EBOLA cool

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? by NakedEve: 2:08pm On Feb 04, 2016
gcode123:
Your write up makes no sense, you cant be yoruba as its evident in your inability to make any profound point.

Samuel Ajayi my ass.

I can say as a yoruba that all we want is growth and development in every aspect of life possibly imaginable....

Im happy we are begining to become pro odua unequivocally so we can develop odua if Nigeria would continue bickering and disallow peace and cohesion. No more babysitting for peace sakes....

Odua first then Nigeria aft er.

Come and leave now.
We in the middle belt will just fight you any day u say u will leave.
Re: Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? by Olabestonic001(m): 3:15pm On Feb 04, 2016
EternalTruths:
Yoruba nation has always being a double standard nation that's why development has eluded them.

Eg Awolowo said Nigeria is a mere geopolitical expression. Years later, he fought to keep Nigeria one.

Eg Tinubu who once championed True Federalism, is now quiet.

Eg In 1999 , Yorubas were compensated with presidency when they were shouting Odua only for them to betray the SS people in ruling for 8years like OBJ because of Osinbanjo

Eg They shouted Southern Unity during OBJ's time but destroyed that unity because of Osinbanjo whom they thought will replace Buhari if he dies

Eg MKO campaigned for Igbo votes only to tell the whole world that he can do without the Igbo people

HYPOCRISY IS AS DEADLY AS LASSA FEVER AND EBOLA cool

Lolz.
You made a profound assertion there but you forgot to say Nigerians as a whole are hypocrites.
Saudana didn't want Independence when we got it but he connived with Zik to ensure a Northerner became the Prime Minister of Nigeria.
The Igbo's were happy that JTU Ironsi gave the central govt great control and true federalism was abolished (while Yoruba kicked) but now they would love that so much.
The Igbo's were the Truest Nigerians between 1960-1966 (cos it favored them all, they could exploit any portion easily) but now they hate that concept cos it seems it does not favor their position.
Niger/Delta wanted Resources Control Implemented and fought for it for 10yrs but immediately their "son" became president, they threw that away sharperly.
Yoruba's clamored for Regional Autonomy when they were not "in power" but have mellowed since they supported the "saintly" Buhari to power.
I tell you, if an Igbo man becomes President today and Yoruba's wants the "Marriage" disbanded, that's when you will know that Igbo's are the most Patriotic Nigerian and Yoruba's are the most Unpatriotic Nigerian in history.
Sincerely, we lots are mostly unpatriotic and will support bad governance if it pays us. We do not really have the love of our society but we love supporting any government that seems to "elevate" our overbloated ego over the other tribes.
The problem is we are all hypocrites!!! If you believe the defeat of GEJ was bad then you are the greatest hypocrite on earth and if you believe PMB has done any meaningful thing since he became president, you belong to the same clique.

Lets drop our individual Hypocrisy first (yes, I am dropping mine) before we point fingers. Most times we are guilty of the label we give others.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? by EternalTruths: 3:37pm On Feb 04, 2016
Olabestonic001:

Lolz.
You made a profound assertion there but you forgot to say Nigerians as a whole are hypocrites.
Saudana didn't want Independence when we got it but he connived with Zik to ensure a Northerner became the Prime Minister of Nigeria.
The Igbo's were happy that JTU Ironsi gave the central govt great control and true federalism was abolished (while Yoruba kicked) but now they would love that so much.
The Igbo's were the Truest Nigerians between 1960-1966 (cos it favored them all, they could exploit any portion easily) but now they hate that concept cos it seems it does not favor their position.
Niger/Delta wanted Resources Control Implemented and fought for it for 10yrs but immediately their "son" became president, they threw that away sharperly.
Yoruba's clamored for Regional Autonomy when they were not "in power" but have mellowed since they supported the "saintly" Buhari to power.
I tell you, if an Igbo man becomes President today and Yoruba's wants the "Marriage" disbanded, that's when you will know that Igbo's are the most Patriotic Nigerian and Yoruba's are the most Unpatriotic Nigerian in history.
Sincerely, we lots are mostly unpatriotic and will support bad governance if it pays us. We do not really have the love of our society but we love supporting any government that seems to "elevate" our overbloated ego over the other tribes.
The problem is we are all hypocrites!!! If you believe the defeat of GEJ was bad then you are the greatest hypocrite on earth and if you believe PMB has done any meaningful thing since he became president, you belong to the same clique.

Lets drop our individual Hypocrisy first (yes, I am dropping mine) before we point fingers. Most times we are guilty of the label we give others.

While others don't pretend to be holy, Yorubas act like perfect people while calling others sinners. True or False.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? by princdebola201(m): 3:41pm On Feb 04, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

If a yoruba misses a period...its an igbo man

If Yoruba haves a nightmare ....it an igbo man

If Yoruba is poor....its an igbo man

If a yoruba man writes about his people objectively ...it an igbo man

Yoruba ..the funniest people on earth

Call an anambra and Abia men together then ask who is the father of all igbos they will End beating themselvescheesygringrin

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? by orunto27: 3:46pm On Feb 04, 2016
Subterfuge!!!!
Re: Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? by DMerciful(m): 3:54pm On Feb 04, 2016
Op, they are ashamed of criticising a dvllard they enthroned! undecided

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? by IkpuMmadu: 4:35pm On Feb 04, 2016
princdebola201:

Call an anambra and Abia men together then ask who is the father of all igbos they will End beating themselvescheesygringrin

Is that so ?

Is that what they tell you ?

Lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Nigeria I Handed Over To Buhari Was The Biggest Economy In Africa – jonathan / Mmm Our Savior Or Our Scamers 8 Point That Finish It All / Jonathan Becomes First African Leader To Win Martin Luther Human Rights Award.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.