Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? (2578 Views)

INEC Should Postpone Ondo Election In The Spirit Of Fairness -fayose / Lagos/ogun Killings: Ijaw And Yoruba Nations To Hold Emergency Summit / Again, Saraki’s Supporters Invades CCT Trial, Demands Fairness Of Trial [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? by LFJ: 4:57pm On Feb 04, 2016
The more you think that these IPOB youths will get sense, the more they come out to celebrate their foolishness.
Re: Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? by free13: 5:18pm On Feb 04, 2016
Hmmm .....
Re: Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? by Olabestonic001(m): 5:57pm On Feb 04, 2016
EternalTruths:

While others don't pretend to be holy, Yorubas act like perfect people while calling others sinners. True or False.

That's what I'm saying.
When Yoruba's "wailed" during GEJ's regime against marginalization, Igbo's scorned them.
In all reality, all Nigerians acts like perfect people and called others sinners.
In the next dispensations, if and when an Igbo becomes a President of the country, then you'll see that Yoruba's will also make the same allegations on Igbo's. I'm too sure of that!
After MKO's election was annulled, Igbo's ran to the street to celebrate the annulment ditto after the first military coup.
This goes to show that playing saints while accusing others of being sinners is a Nigerian problem and cuts across tribes. The Yoruba's are thumping their chests today because PMB won the election and they are playing the saints, if GEJ had won, Igbo's would have done much more.
Re: Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 6:14pm On Feb 04, 2016
Olabestonic001:

That's what I'm saying.
When Yoruba's "wailed" during GEJ's regime against marginalization, Igbo's scorned them.
In all reality, all Nigerians acts like perfect people and called others sinners.
In the next dispensations, if and when an Igbo becomes a President of the country, then you'll see that Yoruba's will also make the same allegations on Igbo's. I'm too sure of that!
After MKO's election was annulled, Igbo's ran to the street to celebrate the annulment ditto after the first military coup.
This goes to show that playing saints while accusing others of being sinners is a Nigerian problem and cuts across tribes. The Yoruba's are thumping their chests today because PMB won the election and they are playing the saints, if GEJ had won, Igbo's would have done much more.

After your very reasonable post up there you spot it with this old lies from the pit of hell Yoruba elders told them to confuse them the more.. .Igbos never celebrated the annulment of MKO presidency.. In fact they celebrated it then.. Check the votes and see who voted MKO...

Just stop this lies already it stinks..

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? by Olabestonic001(m): 6:23pm On Feb 04, 2016
BenBruce4Presdt:

After your very reasonable post up there you spot it with this old lies from the pit of hell Yoruba elders told them to confuse them the more.. .Igbos never celebrated the annulment of MKO presidency.. In fact they celebrated it then.. Check the votes and see who voted MKO...

Just stop this lies already it stinks..

Then you were not in Lagos to know that and as per the first military coup, wasn't there a celebration in major cities up North?
What I'm alluding at is not to paint Igbo's black, NO! Its to tell you that its obvious when one of the tribes in Nigeria is having it good at the centre and the wind is blowing well for them while the other is not having it good, the former always deride the latter. And any time the latter find itself in the same shoe as the former, there's a repetition of that vanity.
In all honesty, we need psychological overhauling as a nation and must know that injury to one is injury to all. But as long as we wanna get our pound of flesh from the other, our frustrations shall remain.
Re: Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 6:34pm On Feb 04, 2016
Olabestonic001:

Then you were not in Lagos to know that and as per the first military coup, wasn't there a celebration in major cities up North?
What I'm alluding at is not to paint Igbo's black, NO! Its to tell you that its obvious when one of the tribes in Nigeria is having it good at the centre and the wind is blowing well for them while the other is not having it good, the former always deride the latter. And any time the latter find itself in the same shoe as the former, there's a repetition of that vanity.
In all honesty, we need psychological overhauling as a nation and must know that injury to one is injury to all. But as long as we wanna get our pound of flesh from the other, our frustrations shall remain.

As long as the memory of the war lingers and Nigeria continue to pretend on issues that bothers Igbos and continue to pretend we ll just forget and move on.. Then they lied..

I understand all what you said and I wish for the best in this nation..but some region thought holding another down will make them grow, then they lied again.

Let Nigeria do the needful..

The problem of this country is not the politicians, not corruption, but this monster constitution that have completely divided this country to he benefit of politicians and their families..

If you see sense in all these then you are certainly different from does u described in ur first post.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? by Tinubutoto: 6:58pm On Feb 04, 2016
Olabestonic001:

Lolz.
You made a profound assertion there but you forgot to say Nigerians as a whole are hypocrites.
Saudana didn't want Independence when we got it but he connived with Zik to ensure a Northerner became the Prime Minister of Nigeria.
The Igbo's were happy that JTU Ironsi gave the central govt great control and true federalism was abolished (while Yoruba kicked) but now they would love that so much.
The Igbo's were the Truest Nigerians between 1960-1966 (cos it favored them all, they could exploit any portion easily) but now they hate that concept cos it seems it does not favor their position.
Niger/Delta wanted Resources Control Implemented and fought for it for 10yrs but immediately their "son" became president, they threw that away sharperly.
Yoruba's clamored for Regional Autonomy when they were not "in power" but have mellowed since they supported the "saintly" Buhari to power.
I tell you, if an Igbo man becomes President today and Yoruba's wants the "Marriage" disbanded, that's when you will know that Igbo's are the most Patriotic Nigerian and Yoruba's are the most Unpatriotic Nigerian in history.
Sincerely, we lots are mostly unpatriotic and will support bad governance if it pays us. We do not really have the love of our society but we love supporting any government that seems to "elevate" our overbloated ego over the other tribes.
The problem is we are all hypocrites!!! If you believe the defeat of GEJ was bad then you are the greatest hypocrite on earth and if you believe PMB has done any meaningful thing since he became president, you belong to the same clique.

Lets drop our individual Hypocrisy first (yes, I am dropping mine) before we point fingers. Most times we are guilty of the label we give others.
u r d most brilliant and sincereNigerian I v ever seen in my life. pls I will like to be yo friends.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? by Olabestonic001(m): 8:09pm On Feb 04, 2016
BenBruce4Presdt:

As long as the memory of the war lingers and Nigeria continue to pretend on issues that bothers Igbos and continue to pretend we ll just forget and move on.. Then they lied..

I understand all what you said and I wish for the best in this nation..buy some region thought holding another down will make them grow, then they lied again.

Let Nigeria do the needful..

The problem of this country is not the politicians, not corruption, corruption but this monster constitution that have completely decided this country to he benefit of politicians and their families..

If you see sense in all these then you are certainly different from does u described in ur first post.

Thanks.

I hope we'll one day have a president that will officially apologize for the cruelty of the Civil War; he could be of any extraction. If we can see such a person and one who will convey a "Sword Sheathing" meeting to "Discuss" the society called Nigeria, then we can move from their.
Let's learn to be that Person.
Closing ranks and healing wounds (Reconciliation),
Re: Yoruba Nations: Are We Losing Our Sense Of Fairness? by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 8:30pm On Feb 04, 2016
Olabestonic001:

I hope we'll one day have a president that will officially apologize for the cruelty of the Civil War; he could be of any extraction. If we can see such a person and one who will convey a "Sword Sheathing" meeting to "Discuss" the society called Nigeria, then we can move from their.
Let's learn to be that Person.
Closing ranks and healing wounds (Reconciliation),

Other regions of this country continue to down play the feelings of others do to please theirselves, but until we can understand that the man problem are not us the people but the politicians who are the one than changes when it benefited them and abandoned the course they swore with their people.

The constitution is the monster we all need to fight, not ourselves.. .that peices of books have set a devilish presidence in our collevtive hearts

I will continue to echo it until someone disprove my argument with a stronger argument.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Becomes First African Leader To Win Martin Luther Human Rights Award. / PHOTOS: Bad State Of A Govt School In Anambra / Nigerian Army Sends Apcs, Tanks Not Used In Sambisa Into Igbo ‘biafra’ States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.