Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,012 members, 7,956,749 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:12 PM

Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job (20638 Views)

Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job / I Just Need A Better Paying Job Biko!!!! / 3 Steps To Get A High Paying Job In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by pinkiepetitee(f): 8:18pm On Feb 04, 2016
iamosamede55:

You have to be very careful with such decisions. Though nothing in life is guaranteed. I had a similar experience in 2013.. I got a new job after just one month. The new job was times 4 in terms of salary, inline with my career goals, better working conditions, better staff welfare, so naturally i porter. But just a year later, I lost the job due to lack of projects. Had to stay for 5montgs before I could land something again, and till now my career us still not stable.
Note I served in am oil and gas servicing compan, firsy job was in FMCG( Natural prime resources limited) makers of so klin detergent. The new offer I got was in the oil and gas industry ( engineering design services)
hmmm and till tomao pp still use soklin
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by Mayflowa(m): 9:36pm On Feb 04, 2016
Do u really need advice on this. If your boss was as nice as you said. He will even push you to a job that pay 3 times than his. He dey crase?

Something is wrong with you ooo. Your boss like you pass him wife? Mtbcheeeeewww.
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by MissingBudget: 1:27am On Feb 05, 2016
Love your job, don't love your company (boss), because you may never know when your company stops loving you.
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by Thebrightest(m): 1:37am On Feb 05, 2016
prico32:
Hi Nlanders, I finished service few months ago & all through my period of staying at home I applied for quite a number of jobs.

As God will have it I was invited for a job interview, went successful & I got the job. I have been working for a month now & everyday my boss just complements how I am the person for this job they have been searching for & he's quite friendly to me.

Just few days back, one of the many jobs I applied for during my days of staying home invited me for an interview which also was successful & I was offered a job, this new job salary is like 3times my present job salary.

I've created a good relationship with my boss, really don't k ow how to tell him I'm leaving just a month of working with him. Please I need your advice, what should I do in this situation?

I wonder how you graduated if on simple decisions like this, you need the general public to think for you.

1 Like

Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by alt3r3g0: 7:46am On Feb 05, 2016
prico32:
Hi Nlanders, I finished service few months ago & all through my period of staying at home I applied for quite a number of jobs.

As God will have it I was invited for a job interview, went successful & I got the job. I have been working for a month now & everyday my boss just complements how I am the person for this job they have been searching for & he's quite friendly to me.

Just few days back, one of the many jobs I applied for during my days of staying home invited me for an interview which also was successful & I was offered a job, this new job salary is like 3times my present job salary.

I've created a good relationship with my boss, really don't k ow how to tell him I'm leaving just a month of working with him. Please I need your advice, what should I do in this situation?

Something similar happened to me years ago. Got a job and had favor with my boss. So much that he gave me a place to stay in his home at no extra cost. I felt like Joseph. He would go on business trips and i would be in charge of the house and cars.

With that amount of trust he had given me, naturally loyalty will develop. I turned down job offers over 6 times my salary (less than 40k @ the time so you have an idea of the level of loyalty). There was a time he was away for months, no salary, but i did not mind...i had savings that i would use to sustain myself. Then something happened to reset my thinking.

While i was being owed salary and still working deligently, someone came and did a contract that lasted 5 days. At the end of the contract, i paid the person three times my salary on the spot...and this person was not even a graduate. That singular act woke me up.

Dusted my cv, went job hunting and God gave me a second chance. Got a job that my tithe was bigger than my previous salary before tax.

I resigned and moved on amicably. We still see once in a while.

2 Likes

Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by carpenter(m): 8:42am On Feb 05, 2016
alt3r3g0:

Something similar happened to me years ago. Got a job and had favor with my boss. So much that he gave me a place to stay in his home at no extra cost. I felt like Joseph. He would go on business trips and i would be in charge of the house and cars.

With that amount of trust he had given me, naturally loyalty will develop. I turned down job offers over 6 times my salary (less than 40k @ the time so you have an idea of the level of lotalty). There was a time he was away for months, no salary, but i did not mind...i had savings that i would use to sustain myself. Then something happened to reset my thinking.

While i was being owed salary and still working deligently, someone came and did a contract that lasted 5 days. At the end of the contract, i paid the person three times my salary on the spot. And that singular act woke me up.

Dusted my cv, went job hunting and God gave me a second chance. Got a job that my tithe was bigger than my previous salary before tax.

I resigned and moved on amicably. We still see once in a while.

That's the way it works man. Sometimes you are so attached to your boss or employer but you have to move on once you out grow those roles or your company. In fact you would be an enemy to yourself if you keep some jobs...any understanding good boss and company would also know that you need to move on.
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by 123papas(m): 9:57am On Feb 05, 2016
That is luck (favour).
Kgdavid:

Deal with him how? I had the same experience... got a job that would ave paid me close to twice what i was earning but i wanted to stay where i was, so i simply showed my boss my offer letter and made him understand that i needed something more tangible than what he was offering. He increased my pay to almost match that of the other job and i stayed. No problems at all.
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by Kgdavid(m): 1:39pm On Feb 05, 2016
123papas:
That is luck (favour).

But you have still not answered my question
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by 123papas(m): 1:49pm On Feb 05, 2016
This is what happens in most project-based Companies (very sure of this). They would beg you to stay and even entice you with money, trainings, travels etc. Immediately, they will start looking for or grooming your replacement. Once they get a replacement, na redundancy list or advice sure pass.

Kgdavid:

But you have still not answered my question
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by 123papas(m): 1:52pm On Feb 05, 2016
No paddy for jungle

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

South Africa President Encouraged Lady Looking For Job To Keep Searching / Is This Recruitment About Applicant Paying Money?? / Top 10 Core Questions You MUST Ask In A Job Interview To Land Your Dream Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.