Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University (14150 Views)

5 Teachers Sacked For Impregnating SS3 Student In Kebbi; The Student Expelled / SS2 Student Expelled For Sleeping With Classmate's Dad And Teacher's Husband / Photo Of The Kenyan Student Expelled From School Over "Occultic Drawing" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University by Faith111: 4:18pm On Feb 04, 2016
What did I just read
The best student in department had hearing and speech problems but as I speak now he has bagged his masters..
This is not fair...
I even had a Lecturer who got him hearing aids on his trip from Indian...
Infact he became part of us...
This is Discrimination in its highest order..
If a public Institution can't accept her, where else do you want her to turn to...
Imagine a Govt. (Sch) that ought to protect her is the 1 frustrating her efforts...
What a Shame...

2 Likes

Re: Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University by Holywizard: 4:19pm On Feb 04, 2016
[quote author=100Cents post=42617371][/quote] mkpi congo
Re: Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University by 100Cents: 4:23pm On Feb 04, 2016
Holywizard:
I am mkpi congo

1 Like

Re: Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University by eDoctorr(m): 4:25pm On Feb 04, 2016
Ussyyn:
Why did they gave him admission at first if they know that he is not applicable..

She is a lady.
Re: Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University by eDoctorr(m): 4:26pm On Feb 04, 2016
Ussyyn:
Why did they gave him admission at first if they know that he is not applicable..

She not He
Re: Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 4:35pm On Feb 04, 2016
UrennaNkoli:
Discrimination they may say but indirectly, they are doing the student a good favour. How on earth is she being expected to cope. if it was only speech problem and her hearing was okay, it would have been much more better.
She had a hearing aid as at the time of dismissal... she has always had one...
Re: Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University by Nobody: 4:41pm On Feb 04, 2016
UrennaNkoli:
Discrimination they may say but indirectly, they are doing the student a good favour. How on earth is she being expected to cope. if it was only speech problem and her hearing was okay, it would have been much more better.

That's a terrible thing to say, abroad you will be sued heavily, you are not meant to be prejudice towards disabled people. it's easier to dismiss the case just because it doesn't affect you but never ever support such, it's terrible and in-humane, schools are meant to be equipped to ensure other special students can learn, that itself is discrimination.

4 Likes

Re: Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University by HaneefahRN(f): 4:43pm On Feb 04, 2016
She did right to sue them. As long as she knows she can cope and is ready to pay her bills what's d sch's biz, so she shld waste away or be semi-literate cos she has hearing and speech problem? Nigeria obviously has no solid institutions for special pple so why deny her her right? I av a cousin wt hearing and speech problem, she uses hearing aid and is doing very well in Uni so I dnt knw wht the problem is

5 Likes

Re: Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University by Ussyyn(m): 4:51pm On Feb 04, 2016
Holywizard:
'Why did they give' & not 'why did the gave'

Hope you are not blind to see what i write? undecided
Re: Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University by Ussyyn(m): 4:52pm On Feb 04, 2016
eDoctorr:

She is a lady.

Typo
Re: Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University by Ussyyn(m): 4:52pm On Feb 04, 2016
eDoctorr:

She not He

Typo
Re: Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University by Holywizard: 4:54pm On Feb 04, 2016
Ussyyn:

Hope you are not blind to see what i write? undecided
ur sentence lacks de rule of concord in English language. Go learn work jor
Re: Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University by toprealman: 4:56pm On Feb 04, 2016
Ussyyn:
Why did they gave her admission at first if they know that she is not applicable..
Jane a she not he......I think they just wanted her acceptance fees.
Re: Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University by dapizy02(m): 4:56pm On Feb 04, 2016
jiggalo:
When an only you cook rice for yard.

U finally killd it...i mean English.
Re: Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University by Ussyyn(m): 4:58pm On Feb 04, 2016
toprealman:
Jane a she not he......I think they just wanted her acceptance fees.

i have already edited my post concerning that..
Re: Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University by dejavuh0007(m): 5:06pm On Feb 04, 2016
100Cents:
Thats a good one..

The principal of that school should be sacked..
wc planet did u fall from? The head of a university is called the vice chancellor(vc) nt principal.

2 Likes

Re: Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University by Nobody: 5:09pm On Feb 04, 2016
NiGeRianTr0ll:
I doubt if Nigerian institutions are equipped for special needs students...Heartless Motherfvckers and if the student didn't state his/her(yeah, I'm not reading the article) condition then the case could easily be dismissed and thrashed
I don't think the schools are equipped for special needs students, unlike schools abroad.
Re: Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University by Irore: 5:31pm On Feb 04, 2016
STAINlESSobule:
lets wait till 19th but i pray that the action otah took wil not bring damage to others

No. It will only help institutions to sit-up. No biz as usual. I saw one of UST's degrees submitted for job placement from the schl of medical sciences with so many typo errors as if it is not from a university. To bad for a citadel of learning. Shi..or..

1 Like

Re: Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University by Irore: 5:33pm On Feb 04, 2016
dejavuh0007:

wc planet did u fall from? The head of a university is called the vice chancellor(vc) nt principal.

No shaking.Vc,Principal or Headmaster/mistress; all na Head.
Re: Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University by missionmex(m): 5:43pm On Feb 04, 2016
Irore:

How did she cope with Pry,Sec,WAEC/NECO, Jamb?
hope she wins.

1 Like

Re: Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University by flyingdutchman(m): 5:45pm On Feb 04, 2016
Bros, take am easy na!!! My ear wan block !!! grin grin grin
Ussyyn:
Why did they gave her admission at first if they know that she is not applicable..

1 Like

Re: Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University by Missmossy(f): 5:56pm On Feb 04, 2016
Eyah...that must have hurt. Did the challenges just spring up recently ??
Re: Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 04, 2016
Patrickdets:
How true is this pls? N2,500 for 10GB?
Re: Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University by Patrickdets: 6:42pm On Feb 04, 2016
Deejacy2:
How true is this?
its for real
Re: Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University by toprealman: 7:04pm On Feb 04, 2016
Ussyyn:

i have already edited my post concerning that..
perfecta
Re: Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University by Awoofawo(m): 7:38pm On Feb 04, 2016
UrennaNkoli:
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry I am displeased with what you just said ma!!! But will not give you any reason why!!1 angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University by sokia: 7:59pm On Feb 04, 2016
UrennaNkoli:
madam you are wrong in your thought there is always ability in any disability..... i had hearing challenge but didn't stop me to come out with an upper credit in all my semester. precise she is study business relate course not science. the university irrespective of her challenge she has right to be education just like any normal human being

5 Likes

Re: Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University by iamgiggssleaky(m): 8:38pm On Feb 04, 2016
Ussyyn:

it's after you've been admitted, that's when you begin medicals
Re: Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University by 100Cents: 8:44pm On Feb 04, 2016
dejavuh0007:

Okay Vice Principals
Re: Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University by hawk05(m): 8:59pm On Feb 04, 2016
NiGeRianTr0ll:
I doubt if Nigerian institutions are equipped for special needs students...Heartless Motherfvckers and if the student didn't state his/her(yeah, I'm not reading the article) condition then the case could easily be dismissed and thrashed
go and conduct the survey pls bro.
Re: Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University by hawk05(m): 9:06pm On Feb 04, 2016
CFCman:

I don't think the schools are equipped for special needs students, unlike schools abroad.
Yimu.. Me nko wey dey 4 Unilorin?.. Bros abeg u nid to conduct the survey.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cross River Varsity Shutdown Over Killing Of Student / Latest News About 2011 / 2012 Admission For Abu Zaria Prospectus Only / Obafemi Awolowo University,ile-ife Cut-off Marks For 2013/2014 Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.