Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,810 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Finally I Got A Job Thou U Will Decide If Its A Dream Job Or Uwa Mmebi Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Finally I Got A Job Thou U Will Decide If Its A Dream Job Or Uwa Mmebi Job (4084 Views)

"N300k Job Or I Won't Work" - Slay Queen, Chinny Okekki (Photos) / 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? / Finally, I Got A Better Job Through Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finally I Got A Job Thou U Will Decide If Its A Dream Job Or Uwa Mmebi Job by Begonia(m): 7:37am On Feb 05, 2016
Hahaha! What a username! grin
I like it that you can still be humorous even in a bad situation.
I'm sure with time and determination everything will fall into place.
Congrats on your new "work" and good luck in all that you do smileysmiley

2 Likes

Re: Finally I Got A Job Thou U Will Decide If Its A Dream Job Or Uwa Mmebi Job by amunkita(m): 9:24am On Feb 05, 2016
CaptPlanet:
Lmao! I was trying to be civil but I couldn't honestly u didn't even help issues. I laughed so hard man.....say na worky e get..lol! it's well bro.

Since it's politicians u work for, smthg good might just pop up one day but before then, keep looking for something better or a biz on the side. God will enlarge ur coast.

On the flip side, ever given comedy gig a thought? You're really funny....

thanx baba..

one million and one nigerians have told me to go into comedy but am the introvert type.

kilokeys:
Crazy ass Mudafcvka
I don already pay 250k for my nebosh.. Actually resigned from a job of 80k (which I termed meager) to write this nebosh. Cos i wouldn't have had the time..
Bros.. Apply for safety jobs outside the shores of the country.. Dubai, Kuwait... They have more to offer.
4k savings per month?
It will take u 1000 years (a Millennium) to build a bungalow of 4.8 million naira
To buy chair and TV put for there go take u another 15 years..
Chai.. If we all rejected these jobs collectively.. These guys will treat us better.. U shouldn't earn lower than the cost of ur professional certs.. Monkey

Moved to Abu Dhabi last year but got scammed to the extent i go airport go kneel down raise hand up for an immigration officer to give me ease of passage say i wan go back nigeria.
You wont believe the above but it happened.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally I Got A Job Thou U Will Decide If Its A Dream Job Or Uwa Mmebi Job by okooloyun1(m): 11:53am On Feb 05, 2016
This is funny but not a laughing matter
Re: Finally I Got A Job Thou U Will Decide If Its A Dream Job Or Uwa Mmebi Job by Setaje(f): 12:32pm On Feb 05, 2016
Nwanne, it finally dawned on me that i have found a "worky" not just work.

Hahahahahahahahahahhahaha.

1 Like

Re: Finally I Got A Job Thou U Will Decide If Its A Dream Job Or Uwa Mmebi Job by cmoney22222: 1:45pm On Feb 05, 2016
This your moniker, e get as e dey do me ooo

amunkita:
yes oooooo!!!!!!!!
After a year and 7 month of experiencing the horrors of being a jobless youth i finally got a job through nairaland.

Please before i continue, it would be ideal i address the issue of "finally i got a job abi work" as seing lately.
In Warri there is a great difference between job and work, please if your monthly gross is below 150k in lagos and Abuja and 100k off country(other states) you have got yourself a "work" not a job.
So Jobberlanders always specify which you have got, it could be Dream job or Dream "Work" nah still Godwin.....

Last week in January, i saw a vacancy advert for a clerical role for an office here on nairaland, which i applied having made up my mind that a vulture at hand is worth more than 100 parrot in the forest.

Sharpaly!!, if nah warri boy, i was invited by a multinational company, no much interview possibly because i had invited my comforter to go before me but my "comforter" left me when i was told my take home is 31k. Then it dawned on me that i was having a vulture at hand, not ready to leave the vulture to go seek for a butterfly in Lufasi park, i quickly muttered "I Accept" to the faint voice asking "you agree for the work"

Guess who am working with, a very high worth personality who happens to be the company's Deputy Board chairman after Putting in years as the Group Managing Director.
I was taken to the office somewhere on the Island where the multinational company leased a property for him to operate from, his first question "young man hope you know the conditions of the job" me wey be omoko quickly replied Yes sir, i was told it was 31k and am ready to work. My oga boss quickly added you will wash the toilets, sweep the floors and do the mobbing.

Wednesday, i came with my suit entered the office and quickly took off everything except my brief and was scrubbing the tubes, WC, tiles as if my life depends on it for over 2 hours, today i used 3 hours because i swept and washed even the germs off the premises.

Grateful i got a "work"...
My qualifications are B.Sc Management, Chartered Administrator, Certifications from ISPON(Safety), NEBOSH....

cc: Lalasticlala
uboma
davide470
Re: Finally I Got A Job Thou U Will Decide If Its A Dream Job Or Uwa Mmebi Job by faites(f): 2:25pm On Feb 05, 2016
amunkita:

thanx baba..

one million and one nigerians have told me to go into comedy but am the introvert type.

Moved to Abu Dhabi last year but got scammed to the extent i go airport go kneel down raise hand up for an immigration officer to give me ease of passage say i wan go back nigeria.
You wont believe the above but it happened.

Guy, ur just so funny, it's crazy.

But this country is something else. They tell you to graduate with a good grade and u'll get a good job. U finally graduate with a good grade but no job.
They tell u, "no, if u want a good job u have to get loads of certifications as ur degree is no longer enough". U borrow money, suffer ur head and get the certifications, still no work.
When u still complain about ur fate, they tell u that ur not being pushful, dynamic and prayerful.
When you manage to convince them that ur doing ur best, they end up telling u, "well, it's because of the crumbling economy and the state of the nation."

I'm like, why didn't u tell me this initially and saved me the stress? If I had put all the money I used for extra education into business, I know where I would have been now.

2 Likes

Re: Finally I Got A Job Thou U Will Decide If Its A Dream Job Or Uwa Mmebi Job by MrEverest(m): 3:32pm On Feb 05, 2016
Setaje:

Hahahahahahahahahahhahaha.
WTF, I had to control the extent of my laughter to avoid causing a scene since I'm still at office. This is absolutely hilarious. @ op, seriously you have no business with that uwa mmebi worky, with your sence of humour you will give the likes of basket mouth a run for their money in the lucrative commedy industry. You will overcome your shyness with time, many of our celebrities are introverted, they simply "high" themselves before going on stage. I repeat you have no business at that uwa mmebi worky!!

2 Likes

Re: Finally I Got A Job Thou U Will Decide If Its A Dream Job Or Uwa Mmebi Job by millhouse: 3:38pm On Feb 05, 2016
Naija I hail thee
Re: Finally I Got A Job Thou U Will Decide If Its A Dream Job Or Uwa Mmebi Job by amunkita(m): 3:51pm On Feb 05, 2016
faites:

Guy, ur just so funny, it's crazy.

But this country is something else. They tell you to graduate with a good grade and u'll get a good job. U finally graduate with a good grade but no job.
They tell u, "no, if u want a good job u have to get loads of certifications as ur degree is no longer enough". U borrow money, suffer ur head and get the certifications, still no work.
When u still complain about ur fate, they tell u that ur not being pushful, dynamic and prayerful.
When you manage to convince them that ur doing ur best, they end up telling u, "well, it's because of the crumbling economy and the state of the nation."

I'm like, why didn't u tell me this initially and saved me the stress? If I had put all the money I used for extra education into business, I know where I would have been now.

hahahahaha..
you re a real nigerian..
Was asked to write some certification with ISPON(safety) that they will link me up with a job, went to them with my certificates and one of them said if i add up NEBOSH he will get me a better job, for my mind i knew if i went back with my NEBOSH he will ask me to go Law School and get called to the bar.

2 Likes

Re: Finally I Got A Job Thou U Will Decide If Its A Dream Job Or Uwa Mmebi Job by OlayinkaFawaz(m): 5:55pm On Feb 05, 2016
Yesterday was crazy, I was coming from home and heading to somewhere.
Then i saw this nice car parked beside me and a very old lady that should be in her late 30's with a bleached skin came down and started coming towards me. At first, I thought maybe I had a problem with her son or husband but then, I noticed that the lady was smiling at me, when she finally reached where i was, she smiled and greeted me and said
"Hello, you must be Olayinka Fawaz iTSF right??"
I didn't even know when my head nodded in agreement, i quickly replied..
"Yes i am"
She said..
"Wow! I'm your friend on facebook and i have been dieing to meet you, Omg! I can't believe today is my lucky day.. I must confess, your updates always have a way of making my day"
Immediately she said that, I started noticing how beautiful she looks...
She continued..
"I have always wanted to repay or show my gratitude to you for always making me smile and laugh. If you dont mind, please can you just follow me to my car?"
At this point, she started looking like a young girl in her early 20's, infact I almost asked her why she didn't go to school today.
Well, I followed her to her car and she first gave me her card and asked me to call her anytime anyday...I can remember how she made it clear to me that she was single. Then she brought out her bag and handed me some cash, just when I was about to collect the money from her hand, i had a knock on my head.
That was when i woke up from sleep and saw my brother standing beside my bed saying...
"Oya wake up make we go fetch water"
I swear am still crying!
Re: Finally I Got A Job Thou U Will Decide If Its A Dream Job Or Uwa Mmebi Job by amunkita(m): 6:13pm On Feb 05, 2016
cmoney22222:
This your moniker, e get as e dey do me ooo

Nwanne, relax cous vaseline is now imported, sure u know the story about dollar....

MrEverest:
WTF, I had to control the extent of my laughter to avoid causing a scene since I'm still at office. This is absolutely hilarious. @ op, seriously you have no business with that uwa mmebi worky, with your sence of humour you will give the likes of basket mouth a run for their money in the lucrative commedy industry. You will overcome your shyness with time, many of our celebrities are introverted, they simply "high" themselves before going on stage. I repeat you have no business at that uwa mmebi worky!!

oga Ugwu Everest, make i collect this 31 thasand first because i don already borrow 5k this week

(1) (2) (Reply)

Justrite Superstore Staff Who Stole N250 Sweet Convicted / Become A Well Highly Paid UN Volunteer In 2019 - APPLY / Kaymu Is Hiring!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.