Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,829 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? (3621 Views)

MURIC: "Fayose Wants To Set Nigeria On Fire, Nobody Should Blame Muslims For..." / Nigerian Military Delegates Inspect Assorted Weapons & Rifles In Pakistan. PICS / Swiss Govt Holds Talks With Nigeria On Repatriation Of Fresh $321m Abacha Loot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Feb 04, 2016
Report from Ministry of Defence..

The High Commissioner of Pakistan, His Excellency Agha Muhammed Umar, today paid a familiarization visit to the Permanent Secretary of Defense Ambassador Danjuma Nanpon Sheni who is newly posted to Ministry of Defence, Ship House, Abuja.

The purpose of his visit, the Ambassador said was to reiterate Pakistan’s commitment to partner with Nigeria on Defence production. This came as a result of Mr. President’s 2nd speech after inauguration on enhancing the production of small arms to meet up with some of the Military needs by DICON.

The Permanent Secretary in response, welcome him to his office and thanked the Ambassador for his efforts in trying to establish a personal relationship with Nigeria.

He assured him that there is going to be a lot of acceleration of some of the issues raised on finance, industry complex and training. He also informed him that “We are looking out on what to do in terms of getting civilians be aware of security matters, as we also soliciting for their support.”

http://fmi.gov.ng/press-releases/56970/

Lalasticlala
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by madridguy(m): 8:40pm On Feb 04, 2016
Even as a Buharista I don't welcome this development. I love Pakistan but not to this extent.
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by feldido(m): 8:48pm On Feb 04, 2016
Them won come collect their share from us... Those stingy people. Partner Fire grin
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 04, 2016
madridguy:
Even as a Buharista I don't welcome this development. I love Pakistan but not to this extent.

All these nations with stan angry angry angry I need a gun anyway. Politicians should get ready for crack snacks.

1 Like

Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by Destined2win: 8:55pm On Feb 04, 2016
Partner with Pakistan? I laugh in congo

1 Like

Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by Mynd44: 8:57pm On Feb 04, 2016
madridguy:
They have a weapons manufacturing sector that we need. A partnership is not out of place.

Remember that under President Jonathan, we got some arms from Pakistan but Saudi Arabia refused to allow us fly the weapons over their airspace for reasons we dont know yet
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/-s-arabia-refuses-to-grant-flight-permit-for-nigerian-arms-procured-from-pakistan/197883/

So it is not out of place to partner with Pakistan as they have what we need. Then local production again…means jobs and technical trainning for some Nigerians

5 Likes

Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by madridguy(m): 9:00pm On Feb 04, 2016
Thanks very much for the information.

Mynd44:

They have a weapons manufacturing sector that we need. A partnership is not out of place.

Remember that under President Jonathan, we got some arms from Pakistan but Saudi Arabia refused to allow us fly the weapons over their airspace for reasons we dont know yet
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/-s-arabia-refuses-to-grant-flight-permit-for-nigerian-arms-procured-from-pakistan/197883/

So it is not out of place to partner with Pakistan as they have what we need. Then local production again…means jobs and technical trainning for some Nigerians
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 9:07pm On Feb 04, 2016
Very soon our soldiers will be killing themselves in what is called self inflicted fatality..
This people are good at suicide mission and they produce two kinds of guns only..

Shoot the enemy and then yourself AK16....

Their grenades are not designed to be thrown from a distance.. You must wear the grenade if you wish to record maximum damage

The game is about to change in Nigeria, even our president has acknowledge this fact "Military will reduce force on Boko-ediots"

So brace up and enjoy the show..

3 Likes

Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Feb 04, 2016
Mynd44:

Are you a change advocate? You really sound like one of it opposit.
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 04, 2016
madridguy:

This is a Pakistani product.

Co-developed with China, the JF-17 thunder is a 4th GEN light weight, multi-role, all weather, day and night fighter. It can deploy Air-to-Air, Air-to-Ground and anti-shipping missiles.

It an advanced cost effective platform, and one the best platforms in it's class. Only F-16 block 52/60s are better platforms in it's class.

This is an example of what the Pakistani defence industry can produce. This is why we must welcome their support to a severely under-performing DICON.

Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by Mynd44: 9:16pm On Feb 04, 2016
victorels:

Are you a change advocate? You really sound like one of it opposit.
I am not one to scream "sai baba" at every action of the president. We needed a change from President Jonathan anf we got it now it is about the government and us the people. If we dont criticise and praise, we are just sticking to the past.
The president will nake silly decisions and we will correct him as good and sensible citizens.

In this case of Pakistan arms purchase, it is not a bad deal and so yes, I am up for it

4 Likes

Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 9:20pm On Feb 04, 2016
Mynd44:

I am not one to scream "sai baba" at every action of the president. We needed a change from President Jonathan anf we got it now it is about the government and us the people. If we dont criticise and praise, we are just sticking to the past.
The president will nake silly decisions and we will correct him as good and sensible citizens.

In this case of Pakistan arms purchase, it is not a bad deal and so yes, I am up for it

Please help me with update of what the Baba has done so far that is worthy of the praise..

2 Likes

Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by sokia: 9:23pm On Feb 04, 2016
Pakistan is a nuclear weapons state, they have many military industry complex
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by Mynd44: 9:25pm On Feb 04, 2016
BenBruce4Presdt:

Please help me with update of what the Baba has done so far that is worthy of the praise..
We would be derailing then. Lets keep to topic.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by Omololu007(m): 9:50pm On Feb 04, 2016
Ok
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 04, 2016
Mynd44:

Partnership?

If Pakistan is ready to establish an arm manufacturing company in Nigeria as they have said, then that will be a proffitable partnership. But if it is the same buy and supply that we did with them during the Jonathan administration, then Change is a lai.
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by seunfape(m): 11:14pm On Feb 04, 2016
so pakistan has something to offer? we dont value them here in dubai cos we see dem as ooor ppl.
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by sdindan: 11:37pm On Feb 04, 2016
Na sooo! very soon Liberia will partner Nigeria on defence. Ordinary Pakistan that have been dealt by the Indians.
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by princejayboss: 11:48pm On Feb 04, 2016
Henry240:

This is a Pakistani product.

Co-developed with China, the JF-17 thunder is a 4th GEN light weight, multi-role, all weather, day and night fighter. It can deploy Air-to-Air, Air-to-Ground and anti-shipping missiles.

It an advanced cost effective platform, and one the best platforms in it's class. Only F-16 block 52/60s are better platforms in it's class.

This is an example of what the Pakistani defence industry can produce. This is why we must welcome their support to a severely under-performing DICON.

Hmmmm bro you are wrong.... As someone who had opportunities to enhance few modern fighter jets... I can tell you that JF-17 thunder is a crap apart from its take off and the light weight thanks to the engine type.... The engine is crap

Please don't speak as if its a bad ass jet.... Forget YouTube videos..it help for sale.... An average fighter pilot on F15 eagle can take out JF-17 from the Sky even without the use of an enhanced radar....

In regards to Naija needing their help... Lol

JF-17 =design is Romania through back door gift of china, Avionics is china, air frame is china, fly wire is china, radar is china(Nanjing research institute)... Engine is Russia

So how do they produce JF-17?

Chinese problem in fighter jets is that want every thing in one ..... And on a single engine... Lol
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by GworoChewinMaga: 12:00am On Feb 05, 2016
Mynd44:

If you must know, the Pakistani military has very strong ties with the Nigerian Army.

This tie goes back to the post civil war years and was initiated by the Murtala regime which refused to demobolize the bulging Nigerian military after the civil war. The Nigerian Army had over 250,000 soldiers as at 1975 (25 times that a decade ago) which it maintained with 45% of the national budget. The US and UK refused to sell additional weapons to Nigeria only on the condition they reduce the numerical strength of the army. Murtala did not bulge and then opened military ties with Pakistan.

The Pakistani military alliance is thus a partnership of necessity.

The only reason this Govt is reopening ties with Pakistan is because nobody wants to sell weapons to them anymore.

The govt has screwed up ties with the Russians over their alliance with Saudi Arabia over Syria and the Chinese have also rescinded all ties with Nigeria since this administration renegaded on all bilateral agreements signed by the previous administration. Obama won't allow EU or even their allies in Ukraine supply us nadder since the balkanization agenda is still ongoing.

So in a way, this move is out of sheer desperation.
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by skademzy(m): 12:02am On Feb 05, 2016
Will preffer india to them though

1 Like

Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by Nobody: 12:20am On Feb 05, 2016
princejayboss:

Hmmmm bro you are wrong.... As someone who had opportunities to enhance few modern fighter jets... I can tell you that JF-17 thunder is a crap apart from its take off and the light weight thanks to the engine type.... The engine is crap

Please don't speak as if its a bad ass jet.... Forget YouTube videos..it help for sale.... An average fighter pilot on F15 eagle can take out JF-17 from the Sky even without the use of an enhanced radar....

In regards to Naija needing their help... Lol

JF-17 =design is Romania through back door gift of china, Avionics is china, air frame is china, fly wire is china, radar is china(Nanjing research institute)... Engine is Russia

So how do they produce JF-17?

Chinese problem in fighter jets is that want every thing in one ..... And on a single engine... Lol

Great!

The RD-93 is an enhanced RD-33, the engine used by the MIG-29. The RD-93 is also used on the J-31. The WS-10 engine would also soon be available, providing 5% more thrust than the current RD-93.

The JF-17 is a cost effective jet which provides the bang for the buck. It's primary air-to-air missile is the very advanced PL-12 MRAAM.

- fighter is BVR capable

- Radar detection is 110km

- it has a data-link, so we could deploy our ATR-42 which has a 400km range radar as an AWACS in support of the JF-17. 3x improving it's radar range

- the block II has improved avionics and can carry more bomb load.

- it has IFR probe for mid-air refueling

- the JF-17 is on par with the Gripen C/D when capabilities are stacked side by side

- it has a better turn rate than the F-16. Turn rate is 16 seconds, F-16 19 seconds.

- it is a light weight fighter, while the F-15 eagle is more of a fighter bomber with advanced capabilities.

- the JF-17 is agile and very maneuverable and can withstand Gs of -3 to 8+

- it features an open architecture, so we could tailor the jet to our needs. Install Israeli avionics and an italian radar

- the Jet is combat proven

The Fighter jets in the class of the JF-17 are the Gripen, LCA from India, South-Korea Advanced Fighter.

It is a very very good plane, Romania's gift or not. Pakistan builds the plane at PAC in Kamra Pakistan.

If it were a western fighter it would sell for least $50 million a pop.

I mean, tell me why it isn't a bad as$ jet?
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by adconline(m): 12:57am On Feb 05, 2016
Arrogant display of idiocy!! Pakistan has built nuclear arsenal from nothing.... Just their military hardware industry is going to make Nigeria look like Goliath.
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by GworoChewinMaga: 1:04am On Feb 05, 2016
adconline:
Arrogant display of idiocy!! Pakistan has built nuclear arsenal from nothing.... Just their military hardware industry is going to make Nigeria look like Goliath.

And what is stopping you from doing same on your own?
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by adconline(m): 1:10am On Feb 05, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

And what is stopping you from doing same on your own?
Pakistan is David while Naija is Goliath when it comes military hardware and intelligence.. Time to shove ur empty arrogance down ur throat. Greatness is an action not a word!!

2 Likes

Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by GworoChewinMaga: 1:13am On Feb 05, 2016
adconline:

Pakistan is David while Naija is Goliath when it comes military hardware and intelligence.. Time to shove ur empty arrogance down ur throat. Greatness is an action not a word!!

Abeg shift with your Pakistani dik cuddling
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by Yhinkss(m): 4:41am On Feb 05, 2016
BenBruce4Presdt:

Since you want miracles I would like to compare to waht jobah did in the first seven months. For your misunderstanding or maybe your refusal things get done with the implementation of budget and from what you expect expenditure is much than any years in history of Nigeria to upgrade infrastructure as a result of increase of the budget as well as increase in amount to be use to fund social amenities and social programme
These are what to look out for to be done with budget passage. The achievements so far speaks volume from blockage of leakages by TSA to BVN which resulted in the discovery of 23000 fed ghost workers to the recovery of fund from corru people like Obaigbena and Atiku and some newspaer as well as aggressive corruption fight to soliciting of help internationally which led to the pledging of money as aid to nigeria and a lot
So my message don't be blinded by hatred just compare to Jonah days in seventy days whose only work them was to set up committees only for his first year in office

1 Like

Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by babyfaceafrica: 7:12am On Feb 05, 2016
Yhinkss:

Since you want miracles I would like to compare to waht jobah did in the first seven months. For your misunderstanding or maybe your refusal things get done with the implementation of budget and from what you expect expenditure is much than any years in history of Nigeria to upgrade infrastructure as a result of increase of the budget as well as increase in amount to be use to fund social amenities and social programme
These are what to look out for to be done with budget passage. The achievements so far speaks volume from blockage of leakages by TSA to BVN which resulted in the discovery of 23000 fed ghost workers to the recovery of fund from corru people like Obaigbena and Atiku and some newspaer as well as aggressive corruption fight to soliciting of help internationally which led to the pledging of money as aid to nigeria and a lot
So my message don't be blinded by hatred just compare to Jonah days in seventy days whose only work them was to set up committees only for his first year in office
you shoudnt have ignisfied him with a reply,you should have ignored him....we know there type!!!!
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by maasoap(m): 7:38am On Feb 05, 2016
BenBruce4Presdt:
Very soon our soldiers will be killing themselves in what is called self inflicted fatality..
This people are good at suicide mission and they produce two kinds of guns only..

Shoot the enemy and then yourself AK16....

Their grenades are not designed to be thrown from a distance.. You must wear the grenade if you wish to record maximum damage

The game is about to change in Nigeria, even our president has acknowledge this fact "Military will reduce force on Boko-ediots"

So brace up and enjoy the show..

Believe me, you need serious medical attention.
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by princejayboss: 12:42pm On Feb 05, 2016
Henry240:

Great!

The RD-93 is an enhanced RD-33, the engine used by the MIG-29. The RD-93 is also used on the J-31. The WS-10 engine would also soon be available, providing 5% more thrust than the current RD-93.

The JF-17 is a cost effective jet which provides the bang for the buck. It's primary air-to-air missile is the very advanced PL-12 MRAAM.

- fighter is BVR capable

- Radar detection is 110km

- it has a data-link, so we could deploy our ATR-42 which has a 400km range radar as an AWACS in support of the JF-17. 3x improving it's radar range

- the block II has improved avionics and can carry more bomb load.

- it has IFR probe for mid-air refueling

- the JF-17 is on par with the Gripen C/D when capabilities are stacked side by side

- it has a better turn rate than the F-16. Turn rate is 16 seconds, F-16 19 seconds.

- it is a light weight fighter, while the F-15 eagle is more of a fighter bomber with advanced capabilities.

- the JF-17 is agile and very maneuverable and can withstand Gs of -3 to 8+

- it features an open architecture, so we could tailor the jet to our needs. Install Israeli avionics and an italian radar

- the Jet is combat proven

The Fighter jets in the class of the JF-17 are the Gripen, LCA from India, South-Korea Advanced Fighter.

It is a very very good plane, Romania's gift or not. Pakistan builds the plane at PAC in Kamra Pakistan.

If it were a western fighter it would sell for least $50 million a pop.

I mean, tell me why it isn't a bad as$ jet?

Great brother.... Before I go on to respond you.... First am impressed.... What do you study and where are you based...

Bro my point is JF-17 is more like a lie called F-35.... Though am rushing out to catch a plane but I will ask you.

From your comment I know that you knows jet fighters but I personally enhance few physics capabilities in this birds.... I saw this jet in Dubai show .... I was part the team that did an enhancement program on F15 eagle..... I had time study this jet called JF-17... Most capabilities are not realistic...

Now.... How do you think that a bird with more like a single engine that reaches speed of mg 1.6 can do all this as stated. They have contradicting themselves with the exact type of missiles it has... One today another tomorrow.... Or is it the cockpit they said is the best.... Look sometimes radar system cannot just be the only hope for a fighter pilot.

Bro yes its light weight and cheap...but as yourself, if really its so cheap and has the said capabilities.... Why are they producing just 15 a year?..... You has it not been in the military arsenal of every country in their region?... Alot of lies where said

Talking about air superiority in terms of air kills and flight combat time..... Am not impressed with the kill ratio when compared to the crashes while on flight have witnessed with JF-17...... For me F -15 Eagle (alll the enhanced models) has and will continue to rule the sky till china learns how to do things without being greedy.... Russia learnt their lessons, now they are doing great birds ... If only Russia had a flourishing economy... They would rule the sky .... US is on decline.

Bro when I land I would go in details step by step why to me the bird is a crap...

You are indeed the kind of people we need in Nairaland... Fellas with content in their head... Am a physicist (Ph.D.), an igbo man.. works with three different countries defense ministries......

So much respect from me

1 Like

Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by princejayboss: 12:55pm On Feb 05, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

If you must know, the Pakistani military has very strong ties with the Nigerian Army.

This tie goes back to the post civil war years and was initiated by the Murtala regime which refused to demobolize the bulging Nigerian military after the civil war. The Nigerian Army had over 250,000 soldiers as at 1975 (25 times that a decade ago) which it maintained with 45% of the national budget. The US and UK refused to sell additional weapons to Nigeria only on the condition they reduce the numerical strength of the army. Murtala did not bulge and then opened military ties with Pakistan.

The Pakistani military alliance is thus a partnership of necessity.

The only reason this Govt is reopening ties with Pakistan is because nobody wants to sell weapons to them anymore.

The govt has screwed up ties with the Russians over their alliance with Saudi Arabia over Syria and the Chinese have also rescinded all ties with Nigeria since this administration renegaded on all bilateral agreements signed by the previous administration. Obama won't allow EU or even their allies in Ukraine supply us nadder since the balkanization agenda is still ongoing.

So in a way, this move is out of sheer desperation.

You are very very right.... But again someone should teach PMB foreign relations... Russia are in dire need of money and we have opportunities with them to reach out to Czech or Poland.... What did this administration did... They screwed it .....

1 Like

Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by Caseless: 1:05pm On Feb 05, 2016
cool cool

Nigeria is working!

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC EXPOSED AGAIN!!! Arewa Youths On Rampage Claiming Niger Delta (photos) / Why Do Igbos Think Yoruba Will Leave Osinbajo For Fayose In 2019? / Imolites Reacts To This Road Construction Ongoing In Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.