Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,928 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? (3617 Views)

MURIC: "Fayose Wants To Set Nigeria On Fire, Nobody Should Blame Muslims For..." / Nigerian Military Delegates Inspect Assorted Weapons & Rifles In Pakistan. PICS / Swiss Govt Holds Talks With Nigeria On Repatriation Of Fresh $321m Abacha Loot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by Caseless: 1:20pm On Feb 05, 2016
princejayboss:

Great brother.... Before I go on to respond you.... First am impressed.... What do you study and where are you based...

Bro my point is JF-17 is more like a lie called F-35.... Though am rushing out to catch a plane but I will ask you.

From your comment I know that you knows jet fighters but I personally enhance few physics capabilities in this birds.... I saw this jet in Dubai show .... I was part the team that did an enhancement program on F15 eagle..... I had time study this jet called JF-17... Most capabilities are not realistic...

Now.... How do you think that a bird with more like a single engine that reaches speed of mg 1.6 can do all this as stated. They have contradicting themselves with the exact type of missiles it has... One today another tomorrow.... Or is it the cockpit they said is the best.... Look sometimes radar system cannot just be the only hope for a fighter pilot.

Bro yes its light weight and cheap...but as yourself, if really its so cheap and has the said capabilities.... Why are they producing just 15 a year?..... You has it not been in the military arsenal of every country in their region?... Alot of lies where said

Talking about air superiority in terms of air kills and flight combat time..... Am not impressed with the kill ratio when compared to the crashes while on flight have witnessed with JF-17...... For me F -15 Eagle (alll the enhanced models) has and will continue to rule the sky till china learns how to do things without being greedy.... Russia learnt their lessons, now they are doing great birds ... If only Russia had a flourishing economy... They would rule the sky .... US is on decline.

Bro when I land I would go in details step by step why to me the bird is a crap...

You are indeed the kind of people we need in Nairaland... Fellas with content in their head... Am a physicist (Ph.D.), an igbo man.. works with three different countries defense ministries......

So much respect from me

spot-on!
Physicist, what do you say about this partnership with Pakistan?
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by Caseless: 1:24pm On Feb 05, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

If you must know, the Pakistani military has very strong ties with the Nigerian Army.

This tie goes back to the post civil war years and was initiated by the Murtala regime which refused to demobolize the bulging Nigerian military after the civil war. The Nigerian Army had over 250,000 soldiers as at 1975 (25 times that a decade ago) which it maintained with 45% of the national budget. The US and UK refused to sell additional weapons to Nigeria only on the condition they reduce the numerical strength of the army. Murtala did not bulge and then opened military ties with Pakistan.

The Pakistani military alliance is thus a partnership of necessity.

The only reason this Govt is reopening ties with Pakistan is because nobody wants to sell weapons to them anymore.

The govt has screwed up ties with the Russians over their alliance with Saudi Arabia over Syria and the Chinese have also rescinded all ties with Nigeria since this administration renegaded on all bilateral agreements signed by the previous administration. Obama won't allow EU or even their allies in Ukraine supply us nadder since the balkanization agenda is still ongoing.

So in a way, this move is out of sheer desperation.
I wonder why most of our injured soldiers are always taken to Pakistan- it all goes back to thus history you just highlighted.
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by Adminisher: 1:34pm On Feb 05, 2016
Pakistan had complete locally developed production lines to make high caliber shells, mortars, field guns, recoiless rifles and many others as far back as 1983. Historically yhey have bern experts at local defence manufacturing going on 100 years. Indeed there are entirely tribal areas of Pakistan who do nothing more than manufacture light weapons.

All this is aside from the aerospace engineering assistance and ammunition they supplied to NAF that turned the tide against Boko Haram.
As far as relationship with Russia goes, Nigeria is in a very good place. There was a high powered delegation to Russia from Nigeria just a few weeks ago. We are buying weapons big time from Russia.

Pakistan a SunnI country aligned with Saudi Arabia also buys all its choppers from Russia, enjoys $1.2bn in aid from the US , is manufacturing JF 17 in cooperation with the Chinese. So all this big words connecting our closeness to Pakistan as negating relations with Russia is AMATEURISH stuff. Only an inexperienced observer sees clear lines in the world dividing economic and political interests by geography.

International relations is not meaningless BIG VERBIAGE like some people are throwing about here.

NigerIa is not sending troops to fight anywhere we are already fighting ISIS here. ISIS is running to Africa by way of Libya and Boko Haram is their agent in our neighbourhood.

1 Like

Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Feb 05, 2016
skademzy:
Will preffer india to them though
Never! No! No! Never!!!
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by baralatie(m): 2:09pm On Feb 05, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

If you must know, the Pakistani military has very strong ties with the Nigerian Army.

This tie goes back to the post civil war years and was initiated by the Murtala regime which refused to demobolize the bulging Nigerian military after the civil war. The Nigerian Army had over 250,000 soldiers as at 1975 (25 times that a decade ago) which it maintained with 45% of the national budget. The US and UK refused to sell additional weapons to Nigeria only on the condition they reduce the numerical strength of the army. Murtala did not bulge and then opened military ties with Pakistan.

The Pakistani military alliance is thus a partnership of necessity.

The only reason this Govt is reopening ties with Pakistan is because nobody wants to sell weapons to them anymore.

The govt has screwed up ties with the Russians over their alliance with Saudi Arabia over Syria and the Chinese have also rescinded all ties with Nigeria since this administration renegaded on all bilateral agreements signed by the previous administration. Obama won't allow EU or even their allies in Ukraine supply us nadder since the balkanization agenda is still ongoing.

So in a way, this move is out of sheer desperation.
Interesting!
Now I understand how Russia came into the arms blocki-blocki issue

1 Like

Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by princejayboss: 3:12pm On Feb 05, 2016
Caseless:
spot-on!
Physicist, what do you say about this partnership with Pakistan?

Well you can't eat your cake and have it ... Do we have another option? This administration was busy playing politics with virtually everything... Since we lost china and Russia .. US and Europe will not lift our embargo and want us to cut the size of our military personnel --- we don't have options than going to the wrong people..

The last administration gained a reasonable friendship with the Russians which help us in buy weapon from cezch republic.... Though some said we never bought one raffle... Lol but I know that January 2014 Nigeria bought weapons and tnx to Russia relationship,

I was in Prague Czech republic for a modification job on January 2014 and behold they (CEZCH) sold some military equipment to Nigeria, even daily newspapers carried the news in Prague (Jan. 30th daily Mladá fronta Dnes (MfD) .... You can verify.

I for a person with one Indian, four Israeli engineers were supposed to fix something for the company that sold the weapon to Nigeria---- the company that made the sale was (The Czech arms dealer Excalibur Group)
Below are the ones I can remember:
Modernized Soviet-made tanks T-72 M1 and 16 other vehicles
MRAP vehicles
Armored personnel carriers (APCs)

BMP armored infantry fighting vehicles
Rocket launchers
F7 NI jets and Other Jet types (can’t recall what they seems to be)
Airborne Sensors
Choppers

I was aware of A huge Antonov An-225 Mriya transport plane landed in Ostrava, north Moravia, to airlift the equipment to Nigeria which will have to do that batch by batch.
The fact whether they were all delivered in Nigeria is what I cannot say but from the pictures from the battle field indicate that they were delivered

Fast forward now... Our president messed Chinese deals, went and put mouth in Syria which made Russia change her structure, we also involved ourselves with shia/sunni matter just to keep Saudi happy

In fact our foreign policies are embarrassment.... We are losing it in our international politics.... Now we have found ourselves in no man's land.

Pakistan deal will cause us more damage than help in the coming months ahead considering the Syria peace talk....

Though if our leaders are sincere enough.... There are also tribe or state in Nigeria that produces riffle locally ... Why not integrate them just like the Pakistani did
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by princejayboss: 3:25pm On Feb 05, 2016
Adminisher:
Pakistan had complete locally developed production lines to make high caliber shells, mortars, field guns, recoiless rifles and many others as far back as 1983. Historically yhey have bern experts at local defence manufacturing going on 100 years. Indeed there are entirely tribal areas of Pakistan who do nothing more than manufacture light weapons.

All this is aside from the aerospace engineering assistance and ammunition they supplied to NAF that turned the tide against Boko Haram.
As far as relationship with Russia goes, Nigeria is in a very good place. There was a high powered delegation to Russia from Nigeria just a few weeks ago. We are buying weapons big time from Russia.

Pakistan a SunnI country aligned with Saudi Arabia also buys all its choppers from Russia, enjoys $1.2bn in aid from the US , is manufacturing JF 17 in cooperation with the Chinese. So all this big words connecting our closeness to Pakistan as negating relations with Russia is AMATEURISH stuff. Only an inexperienced observer sees clear lines in the world dividing economic and political interests by geography.

International relations is not meaningless BIG VERBIAGE like some people are throwing about here.

NigerIa is not sending troops to fight anywhere we are already fighting ISIS here. ISIS is running to Africa by way of Libya and Boko Haram is their agent in our neighbourhood.

Please brother.. explain the bolded part of your comments.... If I understand it in my own way... We are going back on black market that PMB criticized ? Lol Naija is a joke.... Explain bro so I can make my comment... #peace
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Feb 05, 2016
Nigerian Government need to deal with Neutral Countries to stem fears of oppresion and propaganda.

my valuable cowrie.
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by cannonnier(m): 3:30pm On Feb 05, 2016
sokia:
Pakistan is a nuclear weapons state, they have many military industry complex

you sent me a mail. just saw it now?
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 05, 2016
princejayboss:

Great brother.... Before I go on to respond you.... First am impressed.... What do you study and where are you based...

Bro my point is JF-17 is more like a lie called F-35.... Though am rushing out to catch a plane but I will ask you.

From your comment I know that you knows jet fighters but I personally enhance few physics capabilities in this birds.... I saw this jet in Dubai show .... I was part the team that did an enhancement program on F15 eagle..... I had time study this jet called JF-17... Most capabilities are not realistic...

Now.... How do you think that a bird with more like a single engine that reaches speed of mg 1.6 can do all this as stated. They have contradicting themselves with the exact type of missiles it has... One today another tomorrow.... Or is it the cockpit they said is the best.... Look sometimes radar system cannot just be the only hope for a fighter pilot.

Bro yes its light weight and cheap...but as yourself, if really its so cheap and has the said capabilities.... Why are they producing just 15 a year?..... You has it not been in the military arsenal of every country in their region?... Alot of lies where said

Talking about air superiority in terms of air kills and flight combat time..... Am not impressed with the kill ratio when compared to the crashes while on flight have witnessed with JF-17...... For me F -15 Eagle (alll the enhanced models) has and will continue to rule the sky till china learns how to do things without being greedy.... Russia learnt their lessons, now they are doing great birds ... If only Russia had a flourishing economy... They would rule the sky .... US is on decline.

Bro when I land I would go in details step by step why to me the bird is a crap...

You are indeed the kind of people we need in Nairaland... Fellas with content in their head... Am a physicist (Ph.D.), an igbo man.. works with three different countries defense ministries......

So much respect from me

- I'm a Banker ( ICT department),

- Full-time Defence enthusiasts,

- Defence blogger and contributor on Beegeagle.,

- African Defence photo-journalist,

- Ardent promoter of "Make in Nigeria", Nigerian defence manufacturing,

- An all round patriot.

I also come from a Security background, (brother & Uncle) are both intelligence officers.

I'll like to read your thoughts on the JF-17 thunder. I've never seen the bird in real-life, but am a great admirer of the aircraft, not because it is a world beater, but because it is currently the best cost-effective jet in the world.
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Feb 05, 2016
princejayboss:

I was in Prague Czech republic for a modification job on January 2014 and behold they (CEZCH) sold some military equipment to Nigeria, even daily newspapers carried the news in Prague (Jan. 30th daily Mladá fronta Dnes (MfD) .... You can verify.

I for a person with one Indian, four Israeli engineers were supposed to fix something for the company that sold the weapon to Nigeria---- the company that made the sale was (The Czech arms dealer Excalibur Group)
MRAP vehicles

Rocket launchers
Airborne Sensors
Choppers

T-72M1 is obsolete. The T-72AV although still obsolete is more modern than the T-72M1's we bought from excalibur.

Better Options = MBT3000 (china), T-84M OPLOT ( Ukraine), Type 99 (China), surplus stock T-72B3 (Russia), AL-Khalid Tank (Pakistan), T-90 Tank (Russia), Type-63A Tank (China)

BVP1 also from Excalubur group is obsolete. Weak gun, weak protection. We got BTR-4s from Ukraine, beautiful IFVs but too few in numbers.

Better Option = 200+ BTR-4 (Ukraine), BTR-82A (Russia ), BMP-3 (Russia)

We got MRAP vehicles 120 CS/VP3 from China and over 50 REVA III and Vs from South-Africa, good purchase.

MI-24Vs from Ukraine, obsolete.

Better option : continued our purchase of MI-35M helicopters from Russia. Up-graded our existing MI-35/24s to Super-Hind

F-7NI former President Obasanjo got us were obsolete when they were purchased, what we required was a 4 GEN jet not a 3rd GEN fighter.

We are currently replacing them with the JF-17
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by Adminisher: 5:59pm On Feb 05, 2016
princejayboss:

Hmmmm bro you are wrong.... As someone who had opportunities to enhance few modern fighter jets... I can tell you that JF-17 thunder is a crap apart from its take off and the light weight thanks to the engine type.... The engine is crap

Please don't speak as if its a bad ass jet.... Forget YouTube videos..it help for sale.... An average fighter pilot on F15 eagle can take out JF-17 from the Sky even without the use of an enhanced radar....

In regards to Naija needing their help... Lol

JF-17 =design is Romania through back door gift of china, Avionics is china, air frame is china, fly wire is china, radar is china(Nanjing research institute)... Engine is Russia

So how do they produce JF-17?

Chinese problem in fighter jets is that want every thing in one ..... And on a single engine... Lol

Nigeria is being very clever and astute with the JF 17. We are actually not foolish. Corrupt and sometimes unpatriotic, yes foolish no. We are only buying 3 jets, i think this was a smart decision.We evaluate , we try and then we go for something better if it fails.
You are very correct that F 15 Eagle is the only proven air superiority combat aircraft. The air craft every other is trying to be. The next is the newer F 22. F 35 has another 5 years of correcting bugs but it will get there.

Nigeria needs to acquire a good 4++ Russian combat aircraft with the right service history and proven reliability. The only thing I can trust is what they are using currently in Syria, the SU 34/32.
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 05, 2016
princejayboss

we are not in any conflict diplomatically with Russia,
minister of Defence was in Russia few weeks part to Sign MOU. They JF,17 deal is a follow up of earlier agreement with NAF, Uncle Sam will not sell your F15 eagle or even A10 to us. just check Mrap they sent without spear parts. most Russian equipments purchase by last admin was obsolete through back channels when they had enough money to acquire modern and more capable hardware's.
Soldiers lost territories not just because of poor equipments but also low morale due to corruption,

We want to build our capability to manufacture certain Defence requirements reason for the deal.
They Jf17 will not turn out to be like our jagaurs in kainji
I understand possible Su series acquisition is underway. not confirmed. we need capabilities for deep airstrikes on possible threats ie Libya n co
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by princejayboss: 7:32pm On Feb 05, 2016
Henry240:

- African Defence photo-journalist,

- Ardent promoter of "Make in Nigeria", Nigerian defence manufacturing,

- An all round patriot.

I also come from a Security background, (brother & Uncle) are both intelligence officers.

I'll like to read your thoughts on the JF-17 thunder. I've never seen the bird in real-life, but am a great admirer of the aircraft, not because it is a world beater, but because it is currently the best cost-effective jet in the world.

Am very surprise that you are this good bro, thumbs up, am proud of you pal and many Nigerians whom are good in what they do not those who always come to this forum to show ignorance when they are sh*t head. Lol

Below are the good and the bad of JF-17

Length 14 m
Wing span 8.5 m
Height 5.1 m
Weight (empty) 6.4 t
Weight (maximum take off) 12.7 t
Engines and performance
Engines 1 x Klimov RD-93
Traction (dry / with afterburning) 49.4 / 84.4 kN
Maximum speed ~ 2 200 km/h
Service ceiling 16.7 km
Ferry range 3 000 km
Combat radius 1 350 km
Armament
Cannon 1 x 23-mm / 30-mm
Missiles PL-12 medium-range; PL-7, PL-8, PL-9, AIM-9P short-range
Bombs general purpose or laser-guided bombs

-The JF-17 Thunder has a conventional aerodynamic layout. Aircraft is fitted with Russian Klimov RD-93 turbofan engine with afterburner. It is a derivative of the RD-33, used on the MiG-29. China is also developing an indigenous turbofan engine look alike, which is a copy of the RD-93, but has some modifications (poor modifications). It is designated as the WS-13 (Tianshan-21) egines.

-The Thunder multi-role fighters are fitted with Italian Grifo S-7 multi-track (alleged), multi-mode pulse Doppler radar. It has look-down, shoot-down capability. Other radars can be fitted( little or no space in the radome makes it impossible).

-This aircraft is intended for air defense and ground attack missions. It is armed with a single 23-mm GSh-23 or 30-mm GSh-30 twin-barrel cannon. Maximum weapon payload is about 3.6 tons. There are five hardpoints and two wingtips for missiles and fuel tanks. The JF-17 has beyond visual range attack capability(deadly at this…. Once this bird sees you before you see her, you are down though on short range).

-Its primary weapon are Chinese PL-12/SD-10 medium-range air-to-air missiles with active radar-homing. This bird also carries short-range Chinese PL-7, PL-8, PL-9 or US AIM-9P, mounted on wingtip rails. The JF-17 multi-role fighter can also carry general purpose of laser-guided bombs.

-The truth about this bird is that, its price is cool which one can say it’s one third of the price of a conventional F-16 fighter bird.

-It has an anti – ship missile (Chinese made C-802A missiles)--- very good capability which can hit any carrier ship from 180 km --- (wicked one)

-Its not a stealth fighter bird but if F-16 can mess F-35 up in dogfight, this JF 17 can take down F35 too.

-They are modifying the bird because they know it has a lot of failures….

WHY I SAID ITS CRAP FOR NOW PENDING THE UNVEILING OF JF THUNDER BLOCK 3

-Why is Pakistan government buying Su35 if the bird is cool---- JF-17 is a short range fighting bird (one can say that without fear) while SU35 serves the mail purpose of air superiority--- JF-17 not long range as they lied about … I have seen it first hand in Dubai air show.

-Radar integration is a big problem for JF-17 because of the lack of space at in its radome.

-PL-9 dogfight missiles & SD-10 which is untested beyond visual range air to air missiles are used as long range deployment; its madness where south Africa A-darter & T- darter is way better and proven.

-Frame is made of all out metal instead of carbon fiber composites, its wingloading is a low work from them.

-You cannot use this bird in any decent beyond visual long range combat.. try it you, you will have a bird nose down or beauty sky lol

-Aircraft has no in-flight refueling capability.

-Counter measures systems are Zero

-It still need weapon improvement

-Finally, why has Malaysia and Sri Lanka pull out of the deal to buy this bird ---- simply because it’s capabilities does not match in reality.

Personally I love Sukhoi PAK FA T-50 - this fighter get is the most deadly 5th Gen bird known to man.... This jet makes US cry... They are busy talking nonsense Russia are busy doing good things .... Funny enough one of the engineers of the jet in a joke said that they are no more worried about the US cos they can knock sh*t out of in the Sky but their worries is now the Zionist who are going to unveil F22 raptor latest stealth machine this year.... (hear the machine will be a demon of the sky)

Conclusion= If Nigeria want to buy JF-17, I think is a good move for the level of our nation but I think we can do better ---- look at SA--- they are doing good
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by princejayboss: 7:53pm On Feb 05, 2016
Adminisher:

Nigeria is being very clever and astute with the JF 17. We are actually not foolish. Corrupt and sometimes unpatriotic, yes foolish no. We are only buying 3 jets, i think this was a smart decision.We evaluate , we try and then we go for something better if it fails.
You are very correct that F 15 Eagle is the only proven air superiority combat aircraft. The air craft every other is trying to be. The next is the newer F 22. F 35 has another 5 years of correcting bugs but it will get there.

Nigeria needs to acquire a good 4++ Russian combat aircraft with the right service history and proven reliability. The only thing I can trust is what they are using currently in Syria, the SU 34/32.

Thank you sire, I like the move on the buying of just three but we all have to remember that Pakistan and china signed an end user agreement with Russia in regards to the engine type RD 93, they can not sale to us, JF 17 with RD 93 turbofan rather they will sell only JF-17 with Chinese made engines which has record of failure while in flight.

Nigeria started the deal in 2014 but the deal stalled for some sensitive reasons but now maybe it will go through.

F-15 eagle remains the king of the sky, anybody who does not know anything about jets can argue but fact is fact --- F-15 is the god of all birds in the sky, ----- F-35 to me is a waste of Money and US will soon end that useless program but F-22 raptor esp. the newly modified ones by the Israeli air-force can and will rule for years to come though personally i think if Russia have good economy they will rule the sky because US is totally confuse and are just noise makers now than the US we use to know, Russia birds are very deadly just like what i consider to be the best if proven in combat that is Sukhoi PAK FA T-50 (DON'T JOKE with THIS BIRD) no US jet can match that stealth machine on Sky.... Kai its a beauty to watch

In all this, i guess after having a good bird, if you do not have a good fighter pilot, all will be nonsense........ israeli airforce still rules .... they don't depend on computers in regards to radar, they are taught do magic without the computers.
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by princejayboss: 8:10pm On Feb 05, 2016
Henry240:

T-72M1 is obsolete. The T-72AV although still obsolete is more modern than the T-72M1's we bought from excalibur.

Better Options = MBT3000 (china), T-84M OPLOT ( Ukraine), Type 99 (China), surplus stock T-72B3 (Russia), AL-Khalid Tank (Pakistan), T-90 Tank (Russia), Type-63A Tank (China)

BVP1 also from Excalubur group is obsolete. Weak gun, weak protection. We got BTR-4s from Ukraine, beautiful IFVs but too few in numbers.

Better Option = 200+ BTR-4 (Ukraine), BTR-82A (Russia ), BMP-3 (Russia)

We got MRAP vehicles 120 CS/VP3 from China and over 50 REVA III and Vs from South-Africa, good purchase.

MI-24Vs from Ukraine, obsolete.

Better option : continued our purchase of MI-35M helicopters from Russia. Up-graded our existing MI-35/24s to Super-Hind

F-7NI former President Obasanjo got us were obsolete when they were purchased, what we required was a 4 GEN jet not a 3rd GEN fighter.

We are currently replacing them with the JF-17

You were so right but what do you have the FG do then?, deals were very hard to reach, BH took US unawares, US wont sale, so as so many EU nation, then when you find who will sale, some will not allow you to fly above their airspace, at the end of the day, we were able to least buy something---- (some politically did not accept that one weapon was bought)

Remember that Pakistan and china signed an end user agreement with Russia in regards to the engine type RD 93, they can not sale to us, JF 17 with RD 93 turbofan rather they will sell only JF-17 with Chinese made engines which has record of failure while in flight so we might be buying a china engine they we cant be sure of.

I maintain that Nigeria can develop bad ass hardwares if we believe in our youths but will they ever give the youths chance ----- never,----- In Oji-river Enugu state and in Awka in Anambara state, they produce local made riffle in excess, i could remember when i was young my mums father makes sweet guns cos he is a well known blacksmith------- what has nigerian government done to integrate this people together and enhance their work and build our own thing---------- The old men ruling us will never try that because they will not find any other way to embezzle our wealth.

We are now look at Pakistan but we forgot that this country turn to a tribe that is good in making guns there and started from that point. here in Nigeria is all about political correctness.
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by giantstrides(m): 9:37pm On Feb 05, 2016
Henry240:

I always wondered if you were the same henry on the blog.
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by Caseless: 11:20pm On Feb 05, 2016
princejayboss:

Well you can't eat your cake and have it ... Do we have another option? This administration was busy playing politics with virtually everything... Since we lost china and Russia .. US and Europe will not lift our embargo and want us to cut the size of our military personnel --- we don't have options than going to the wrong people..

The last administration gained a reasonable friendship with the Russians which help us in buy weapon from cezch republic.... Though some said we never bought one raffle... Lol but I know that January 2014 Nigeria bought weapons and tnx to Russia relationship,

MRAP vehicles

Rocket launchers
Airborne Sensors
Choppers

I was aware of A huge Antonov An-225 Mriya transport plane landed in Ostrava, north Moravia, to airlift the equipment to Nigeria which will have to do that batch by batch.
The fact whether they were all delivered in Nigeria is what I cannot say but from the pictures from the battle field indicate that they were delivered

Fast forward now... Our president messed Chinese deals, went and put mouth in Syria which made Russia change her structure, we also involved ourselves with shia/sunni matter just to keep Saudi happy

In fact our foreign policies are embarrassment.... We are losing it in our international politics.... Now we have found ourselves in no man's land.

Pakistan deal will cause us more damage than help in the coming months ahead considering the Syria peace talk....

Though if our leaders are sincere enough.... There are also tribe or state in Nigeria that produces riffle locally ... Why not integrate them just like the Pakistani did
brilliant post! I have learnt a lot from you today.

I heard what the last administration bought were junks or were never delivered.

My major worry is the Syria and the Shiite thing. I prefer we are on the side of Russia and china than being with the west and US.
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by tsdarkside(m): 11:29pm On Feb 05, 2016
skademzy:
Will preffer india to them though

indians are never fair to us...sooo..to hell with india....
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by princejayboss: 1:48am On Feb 06, 2016
Caseless:
brilliant post! I have learnt a lot from you today.

I heard what the last administration bought were junks or were never delivered.

My major worry is the Syria and the Shiite thing. I prefer we are on the side of Russia and china than being with the west and US.

Thanks bro
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by Nobody: 8:38am On Feb 06, 2016
We are on the right track with both the Russians , Saudis and Iranians in terms of Syria no commitment
Caseless
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by Msauza(m): 11:42am On Feb 06, 2016
Henry240:

This is a Pakistani product.

Co-developed with China, the JF-17 thunder is a 4th GEN light weight, multi-role, all weather, day and night fighter. It can deploy Air-to-Air, Air-to-Ground and anti-shipping missiles.

It an advanced cost effective platform, and one the best platforms in it's class. Only F-16 block 52/60s are better platforms in it's class.

This is an example of what the Pakistani defence industry can produce. This is why we must welcome their support to a severely under-performing DICON.

Corrections: the manufactirers of JF-17 branded it as third gen fighter. Stop deceiving others.
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by Nobody: 11:49am On Feb 06, 2016
Msauza:

Corrections: the manufactirers of JF-17 branded it as third gen fighter. Stop deceiving others.

That is because the chinese have a different method of branding fighter aircrafts. J-20 and J-31 which are 5th GEN chinese fighters are branded as 4th GEN by the Chinese.

The world doesn't revolve around American classification of military terms.

Please don't drag your stupid1ty to this place.

"The Chinese have their own particular order of ranking fighter aircraft. The Chinese call the Russian's 5th generation fighter a 4th generation machine. The Chinese have a pretty clear about understanding of 3rd and 4th generation fighters, but sources are a bit hazy on the distinction between the first and second generations."

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/china/aircraft-fighter.htm[/quote]
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Feb 06, 2016
chai Henry240 u just finish person pikin like dZ
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by Msauza(m): 12:05pm On Feb 06, 2016
Henry240:

That is because the chinese have a different method of branding fighter aircrafts. J-20 and J-31 which are 5th GEN chinese fighters are branded as 4th GEN by the Chinese.

That's a lie, who says Chinese have their own method of branding fighters generations. Do you mean China will refer to gripen as third generation? Never will they do that. JF-17 is a third generation as reported by by Pakistanese Kamra and the world at large.

http://indianexpress.com/article/explained/plane-comparison-pakistan-thunder-vs-indian-tejas/
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by Msauza(m): 12:10pm On Feb 06, 2016
J20 is still listed a forth generation fighter as it still has many defects which work against it to be among fifth gen fighters. That's why China list it as forth gen fighter. That applies to J31 as well.

Stop deceiving people you dummy.

http://nextbigfuture.com/2015/10/chinas-j20-stealth-fighters-currently.html?m=1
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Feb 06, 2016
IbnSultaan:
chai Henry240 u just finish person pikin like dZ

The boy too dey mumu himself, i dey usually just ignore am.
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by Msauza(m): 12:20pm On Feb 06, 2016
The JF has a bad radar and avionics. That count against it to make it fully to the family of 4th gen fighters even pakistan is not interested in it since it will soon be defeated by tejas with AESA radar. Now they are tasked with the responsibility to sell JF so that they can have money to develop much better 4th gen block III or go for Chinese J20. That's why they want to drink your blood for their own selfish ends.
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by Msauza(m): 12:25pm On Feb 06, 2016
Henry240:

The boy too dey mumu himself, i dey usually just ignore am.

I defeated you fairly and squarely.
Re: Pakistan To Partner With Nigeria On Defence (arms Production). Seriously? by Msauza(m): 1:33pm On Feb 06, 2016
Henry240:

"The Chinese have their own particular order of ranking fighter aircraft. The Chinese call the Russian's 5th generation fighter a 4th generation machine. The Chinese have a pretty clear about understanding of 3rd and 4th generation fighters, but sources are a bit hazy on the distinction between the first and second generations."

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/china/aircraft-fighter.htm

There is nothing that will qualify FC-1 with an antique 3rd gen engine (Klimov RD-93) coupled with an old radar as 4th gen fighter. Apart from China, JF-17 will as well not qualify to be on the 4th gen family in western countries.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Left $30b At The Reserve, I Got Just $3b: Obasonjo / APC EXPOSED AGAIN!!! Arewa Youths On Rampage Claiming Niger Delta (photos) / What I'll Do If Saraki Wins And Take The Peter Obi As Vice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.