Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,739 members, 7,862,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 03:59 PM

Advice Needed On Quitting Phd Program In The US - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Advice Needed On Quitting Phd Program In The US (458 Views)

Federal Government Feeding Program in Kano State (Photos) / ... / Advice Needed On Quitting Phd Program In The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Advice Needed On Quitting Phd Program In The US by ayobamigbe: 9:43pm On Feb 04, 2016
Hello, people. What do you recommend to someone who is doing phd in the US and teaching undergraduates at the same time but is not enjoying it. What are the viable options for quitting the program. I will appreciate your honest and helpful advice from people who have or are running a PhD program in the US. Please, no insults or sarcasm. Thanks.
Re: Advice Needed On Quitting Phd Program In The US by rugged7(m): 9:57pm On Feb 04, 2016
Why are you not enjoying it?
Pressure at work?
Racism?
Fear of crowds?
Poor remuneration?
Going back to Nigeria IS NOT AN OPTION!
Re: Advice Needed On Quitting Phd Program In The US by ayobamigbe: 12:52am On Feb 14, 2016
rugged7:
Why are you not enjoying it?
Pressure at work?
Racism?
Fear of crowds?
Poor remuneration?
Going back to Nigeria IS NOT AN OPTION!

Thank you for your response. I just saw it today and that's because unknown to me, my post was duplicated under the same title and I've only been dealing the other thread. Here is the link to the other doubled/duplicated https://www.nairaland.com/2913171/advice-needed-quitting-phd-program
Actually, it is the pressure of the work that is most troubling; teaching most especially. And being the only African in the program with "no like" mind to relate to was frustrating. I've been working on it since the last time I opened the thread and hopefully, it will get better.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Study In Lancaster University / Michael Okpara University Varsity Women Association Opens Events Centre In Abia / Microsoft Paint In Mini Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.