Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Sagay, Ogunye Fault S’court Judgments On Gov Polls - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sagay, Ogunye Fault S’court Judgments On Gov Polls (19062 Views)

Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court / Gov Polls: EFCC Arrests INEC Chiefs For Taking N675m In Bribes / Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sagay, Ogunye Fault S’court Judgments On Gov Polls by Truckpusher(m): 7:42am On Feb 05, 2016
tinkinjow:
This man is losing it these days. These electoral act clearly allow manual accreditation and voting. Buhari got elected that way, no one complains. Ambode got is judgement by that same token, everyone including sagay hailed d judgement. Now because apc made a lot of noise about elections in akwa ibom and rivers and the international observers who were there and happen to hear about people being killed concluded that elections didn't hold, then those elections must b cancelled. How can that be? In inecs report on the elections there were more violent incidents in Lagos than akwa ibom whether people died or not. Channels did not cover all that because that's not where their interest lie. More so the violence in akwa ibom and rivers were perpetrated by apc to scuttle the elections in those places as they sure were losing. In any case, how could that annulled elections in thousands of polling units across the states. People should please keep quiet.
With all millions of children voting seen in d north, people still accepted that Buhari won. Sagay never complained.
It's very baffling to hear people talk about elections in other places as not complying with eletoral act.
We forget that 2 million voted in kano without electronic registration, 1 million in katsina, 2 million in kaduna etc.
Enough of this noise.
Sagay can rant all he wants, after all we all are well aware of where his loyalty lies and no one in his right frame of mind would listen to a man who is not speaking from a point of neutrality except for his dummies and zombies across the country.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sagay, Ogunye Fault S’court Judgments On Gov Polls by tafabaloo(m): 7:43am On Feb 05, 2016
Kkk
Re: Sagay, Ogunye Fault S’court Judgments On Gov Polls by drss(m): 7:45am On Feb 05, 2016
yeye man. u think say supreme court is one of those chicken courts tribunals
one tin i have observed is dat on every election, APC will sponsor thugs to unleash violence n murder as a counter measure when they know they have no chance winning an election. then approach d already corrupt tribunals n call for cancelation of d elections on grounds dat d poll was mared with violence, violence which they sponsored - case in point; rivers n bayelsa elections. dat has been their modus operandi. just look at d just concluded bayelsa elections. because APC knew before hand dat they have no chance against PDP, they unleashed violence on good pipul of bayelsa. later which they will approach their tribunals n call for a fresh rerun because of violence. wat kind of party will use violence as a last resort during elections dat is APC for u. they use violence when they ar about to loose den call for cancelation of d results, claiming there was no election. APC ar using dis tactics as a form of manipulation to usher in d era where elections will be canceled on accounts of violence. deliberate self sponsored violence to manipulate outcomes of elections. dis was exactly d position of dickson in d recent bayelsa guber where many pipul lost their lives because of APC's sponsored violence, d very pipul they ar seeking votes murdered in cold blood. wat an evil party APC is.
if u think am just yaning rubbish just hang on. wait n see wat will happen in edo polls.
d blood of all those who died in d just concluded bayelsa elections will be all these merchants of dead.

2 Likes

Re: Sagay, Ogunye Fault S’court Judgments On Gov Polls by mcee1(m): 7:47am On Feb 05, 2016
Mrjangaweed hw far na? When will them release our" Albino mumu drunkard ashawo dilector na?

Chai E dey sweet me for body I swear. Thunder fire Nnamdi kanu. cheesy
Re: Sagay, Ogunye Fault S’court Judgments On Gov Polls by Okpueze1(m): 7:52am On Feb 05, 2016
Who are the wailers now? My back to sender prayer is working ooo!
Re: Sagay, Ogunye Fault S’court Judgments On Gov Polls by Priestydon1987(f): 7:52am On Feb 05, 2016
Same sagay faulted the appeal court decision in Abia. Dey can go to hell with deir fault findings. Nonsense. We won. OVI. Victory for Abians, democracy and for pdp
Re: Sagay, Ogunye Fault S’court Judgments On Gov Polls by AfroKnight: 7:52am On Feb 05, 2016
This is a grave precedent. The recent judgements seem to ignore violence at the polls.

To win, a candidate may cause mayhem, rig then get away with it. That is the message the supreme court has passed. Wrong message.

2 Likes

Re: Sagay, Ogunye Fault S’court Judgments On Gov Polls by sunnyuche1(m): 7:55am On Feb 05, 2016
Brain test needed for dz men ASAP cry
Re: Sagay, Ogunye Fault S’court Judgments On Gov Polls by DaWaymaker(m): 7:58am On Feb 05, 2016
Its really sad what Sagay has become. Once its not in favour of APC its wrong. I think we as a people should support the Judiciary. It is clear that the FG is putting them under unnecessary pressure to ignore proper legal procedure.

2 Likes

Re: Sagay, Ogunye Fault S’court Judgments On Gov Polls by Mattew690(m): 7:59am On Feb 05, 2016
Please What is Government Poll in Yoruba language , I Beg
Re: Sagay, Ogunye Fault S’court Judgments On Gov Polls by rolchi(m): 8:09am On Feb 05, 2016
Even Sagay who 'claims' to be a lawyer cannot wait for the reasons of the judgement of the Justices of the Supreme Court to be made public before coming out to make a public statement. Sad indeed.

I am embarrassed by some of the actions of the so called 'learned' men.

I hope he was quoted out of context sha because I don't expect any lawyer to begin to make public statements now until the reasons for the judgement is published.
Re: Sagay, Ogunye Fault S’court Judgments On Gov Polls by yaki84: 8:10am On Feb 05, 2016
luvinhubby:
So the tiny bigotted sense of Jiti Ogunye & the outdated brain of Itse Sagay are better than the erudite brains of seven supreme court justices, including the CJN ?

Stupidity is when the same supreme court uses the standard to award APC judgement in Lagos against PDP & nobody utters a word but the same rascals cry 'murder' when the supreme court uses the same standard to award PDP victory in Rivers & Akwa Ibom.

APC is a fraud.

God bless u!
I concur....
Re: Sagay, Ogunye Fault S’court Judgments On Gov Polls by PHIPEX(m): 8:10am On Feb 05, 2016
I used to respect this man when he was a neutral SAN but not anymore. He's now APC's legal adviser.

That APC media focused on these oil rich states during election and term them rigged does not mean the election there was different from what happened in the north. Who in his right senses will expect APC to win Akwa Ibom after what Akpabio did there?
Re: Sagay, Ogunye Fault S’court Judgments On Gov Polls by Jesusloveyou: 8:12am On Feb 05, 2016
mrphysics:
Am not concern about the current situation, my only fear is the future of democracy, indeed the apex court has taking us full circle backwards in terms of Democratic election.

Nigerians should be careful in the next elections because it's going to be a do or die affair. The wailing Wailers will have more topics to do their wailing.

if dis useless decision were given before bayelsa poll, they wouldn't have be any election, sylva wil just write d result d way saraki rig his own, and d cjn wil just affirm or confirm d illegality

2 Likes

Re: Sagay, Ogunye Fault S’court Judgments On Gov Polls by yaki84: 8:15am On Feb 05, 2016
mrphysics:
Am not concern about the current situation, my only fear is the future of democracy, indeed the apex court has taking us full circle backwards in terms of Democratic election.

Nigerians should be careful in the next elections because it's going to be a do or die affair. The wailing Wailers will have more topics to do their wailing.

bobo jega was testrunning card reader in d last election, he even gave go ahead for manual accreditation.
what the executives need do is send a bill to national assembly to ammend the electoral act.
the ball now is in d court of buhari, if he doesnt do d needful then he knows he will also benefit from the anomaly.
the question we shud answer is shud inec guidelines supercede the electoral act n d constitution?
Re: Sagay, Ogunye Fault S’court Judgments On Gov Polls by MichaelDee: 8:17am On Feb 05, 2016
tinkinjow:
This man is losing it these days. These electoral act clearly allow manual accreditation and voting. Buhari got elected that way, no one complains. Ambode got is judgement by that same token, everyone including sagay hailed d judgement. Now because apc made a lot of noise about elections in akwa ibom and rivers and the international observers who were there and happen to hear about people being killed concluded that elections didn't hold, then those elections must b cancelled. How can that be? In inecs report on the elections there were more violent incidents in Lagos than akwa ibom whether people died or not. Channels did not cover all that because that's not where their interest lie. More so the violence in akwa ibom and rivers were perpetrated by apc to scuttle the elections in those places as they sure were losing. In any case, how could that annulled elections in thousands of polling units across the states. People should please keep quiet.
With all millions of children voting seen in d north, people still accepted that Buhari won. Sagay never complained.
It's very baffling to hear people talk about elections in other places as not complying with eletoral act.
We forget that 2 million voted in kano without electronic registration, 1 million in katsina, 2 million in kaduna etc.
Enough of this noise.

APC will never remember that even if someone remind them one million times. They thought Nigerians had forget how their kinpin was elected into aso rock. Yeye party
Re: Sagay, Ogunye Fault S’court Judgments On Gov Polls by Viktor1983(m): 8:18am On Feb 05, 2016
Sagay is talking in Swahili. And I can't communicate in swahili. Poor sagay, Ezigbote anu mpama.
Re: Sagay, Ogunye Fault S’court Judgments On Gov Polls by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 05, 2016
This man called saggy should not comment in every issue because Nigerians knows that those supreme court judges are more credible than appeal court and tribunal judges.
Re: Sagay, Ogunye Fault S’court Judgments On Gov Polls by Ahmeduana(m): 8:25am On Feb 05, 2016
ckmayoca:
Whatever you guys concludes, remember our law only favours the stronger. Be it customary, appeal or supreme. Apex court don talk so make una take am to heaven court for further hearing.
LIVE THOSE GOD FORSAKEN FELLAS, THEY WANT NIGERIA TO BECOME ONE PARTY NATION.
Re: Sagay, Ogunye Fault S’court Judgments On Gov Polls by Paulancebay(m): 8:31am On Feb 05, 2016
Those governors Ogunye mentioned became governors under GEJ who did not try anything to interfere with the decision of the judiciary. For God sake, I can't behold the selfishness of APC in this their governance method by coercion! I wonder what could have happened to these " saintly" set of looters if GEJ never handed over to them. APC should accept in gud faith the judgement of the supreme Court and they should note that somebody lost and election he never went to supreme Court or cause his followers to start killing, no matter how clueless and stupid maniac GEJ was, he gave Nigeria a breath of life and shamed all negative columnists who thought that Nigeria was heading to her doom via 2015 elections. To the best of my knowledge GEJ left this country with a gud blue print he didn't implement to the letter, he left the country in relative peace outside the Bokoharam and some skirmishes, now APC is making war with itself,PDP, Niger Delta militants, bokoharam, even the one that doesn't require making war with IPOB and most unfortunately, APC is equally at war with the judiciary and legislators and I ask, how many wars are they going to make and win. My advice: attention of the government should be towards reviving the economy, it should be about reflecting in the future and not dwelling on it,jailing looters without bias, and making peace across board to bridge the gap which has been make fragile through the elections!

4 Likes

Re: Sagay, Ogunye Fault S’court Judgments On Gov Polls by Jesusloveyou: 8:34am On Feb 05, 2016
rolchi:
Even Sagay who 'claims' to be a lawyer cannot wait for the reasons of the judgement of the Justices of the Supreme Court to be made public before coming out to make a public statement. Sad indeed.

I am embarrassed by some of the actions of the so called 'learned' men.

I hope he was quoted out of context sha because I don't expect any lawyer to begin to make public statements now until the reasons for the judgement is published.
that is why we should not take any of their decision without reason serious, becos d apex court has already err, why not give d reason along with d decision, first time to give election decision without reason

1 Like

Re: Sagay, Ogunye Fault S’court Judgments On Gov Polls by henchamb(m): 8:46am On Feb 05, 2016
chukwudi44:
Prof Sagay is an ethnic bigot and a very biased APC lawyer!! I wonder why some media houses still describe that man as "eminent lawyer".That man is a disgrace to the legal profession.

If you are in tge legal field you will know why he is decried as eminent
In the meantime Pls go back to your shop
Re: Sagay, Ogunye Fault S’court Judgments On Gov Polls by godwin120alex: 8:47am On Feb 05, 2016
Judgement for both APC and PDP should not differ
Re: Sagay, Ogunye Fault S’court Judgments On Gov Polls by Guyman02: 8:51am On Feb 05, 2016
Descartes:
Eminent lawyer, Prof. Itse Sagay, /

Please Delete Eminent from this ethnic bigot title
Re: Sagay, Ogunye Fault S’court Judgments On Gov Polls by wirinet(m): 8:54am On Feb 05, 2016
What Professor Sagay is saying is that it is strange that the supreme court found all elections brought before it to be good despite violence observed by local and international observers, before and during elections, the report of security forces, especially the military and the opinions of the lower courts.

As i always say, what goes around comes around. The APC controls the security forces and the military, in subsequent elections, the Federal Government can deploy the armed forces massively to rig elections, it would not matter how many people would be killed. The supreme court would have no justification to cancel elections based on violence.

I think the supreme court should have cancelled at least one election based on violence. It would have put the popularity of the current governor to test and put the APC led government in the the spot light to see if they can conduct a violence free election.
Re: Sagay, Ogunye Fault S’court Judgments On Gov Polls by Nobody: 9:01am On Feb 05, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
if dis useless decision were given before bayelsa poll, they wouldn't have be any election, sylva wil just write d result d way saraki rig his own, and d cjn wil just affirm or confirm d illegality

So Bayelsa had a peaceful election baa? The APC tried to rig in Bayelsa and were overpowered!! Tompolo did not allow them to rig elections in Bayelsa state.The election was even far more violent than the Rivers April elections

1 Like

Re: Sagay, Ogunye Fault S’court Judgments On Gov Polls by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 05, 2016
henchamb:

If you are in tge legal field you will know why he is decried as eminent
In the meantime Pls go back to your shop

He is not living up to the description !! The man is now too politically biased and an ethnic bigot!!
Re: Sagay, Ogunye Fault S’court Judgments On Gov Polls by Jesusloveyou: 9:16am On Feb 05, 2016
chukwudi44:

So Bayelsa had a peaceful election baa? The APC tried to rig in Bayelsa and were overpowered!! Tompolo did not allow them to rig elections in Bayelsa state.The election was even far more violent than the Rivers April elections
since he didn't succeed, he would have just write d result sheet, that is why ojukwu regret that pen would have solve biafra agitation than going into war

1 Like

Re: Sagay, Ogunye Fault S’court Judgments On Gov Polls by mrjangaweed: 9:21am On Feb 05, 2016
mcee1:
Mrjangaweed hw far na? When will them release our" Albino mumu drunkard ashawo dilector na?

Chai E dey sweet me for body I swear. Thunder fire Nnamdi kanu. cheesy
Otu nne i
Re: Sagay, Ogunye Fault S’court Judgments On Gov Polls by Ahmedhussain3463: 9:21am On Feb 05, 2016
psucc:
Itse may have been looking at the case with a lens different from the one used by the judges. Again that their decisions are unanimous on the case means the judges may have been nonpartisan about the case.

However, 7 men agreeing supersedes that of a one man who is holding brief or has a take at the present govt.

We should not fall down the last wall standing or else anarchy will be child's play.
lol, pls dnt complain o anytime a unanimous decision like ds one reach by d appex court did nt suit u
Re: Sagay, Ogunye Fault S’court Judgments On Gov Polls by Nobody: 9:24am On Feb 05, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
since he didn't succeed, he would have just write d result sheet, that is why ojukwu regret that pen would have solve biafra agitation

He would have written it if it was that easy to do so!! I dare the APC to attempt to rig or write the results in the next Rivers re-run polls and see what will happen to them!
Re: Sagay, Ogunye Fault S’court Judgments On Gov Polls by wirinet(m): 9:27am On Feb 05, 2016
Paulancebay:
Those governors Ogunye mentioned became governors under GEJ who did not try anything to interfere with the decision of the judiciary. For God sake, I can't behold the selfishness of APC in this their governance method by coercion! I wonder what could have happened to these " saintly" set of looters if GEJ never handed over to them. APC should accept in gud faith the judgement of the supreme Court and they should note that somebody lost and election he never went to supreme Court or cause his followers to start killing, no matter how clueless and stupid maniac GEJ was, he gave Nigeria a breath of life and shamed all negative columnists who thought that Nigeria was heading to her doom via 2015 elections. To the best of my knowledge GEJ left this country with a gud blue print he didn't implement to the letter, he left the country in relative peace outside the Bokoharam and some skirmishes, now APC is making war with itself,PDP, Niger Delta militants, bokoharam, even the one that doesn't require making war with IPOB and most unfortunately, APC is equally at war with the judiciary and legislators and I ask, how many wars are they going to make and win. My advice: attention of the government should be towards reviving the economy, it should be about reflecting in the future and not dwelling on it,jailing looters without bias, and making peace across board to bridge the gap which has been make fragile through the elections!

You people (PDP and their ally IPOB) are always talking from all sides of your mouth, making senseless statements. What evidence do you have that Buhari is interfering with the judiciary or that Jonathan did not interfer with the judiciary. Buhari has complained times without number that he does not have the support of the judiciary, especially in his fight against corruption and you ethnic and political bigots still accuse him of interfering with the judiciary.

Jonathan was a disaster, he is only a hero to senior PDP members, militants, looters and IPOB anarchists. Which peace did he leave Nigeria, was it boko Haram bombing taking and controlling Nigeria's territories, daily ethnic conflagration in the middle belt or the kidnapping in the east.

You just pray that Buhari would fail. Are you aware of the consequences if Buhari fails? You think you will be insulated from the consequences. You say you want Buhari to revive the economy but you do not want him to get his hands on money to do it. When he asked politicians to return looted funds, you insult him, when he wants to borrow from international bodies, you attack him, if he intends to increase taxes you crucify him, but you still shout " revive the economy".
Who killed the economy in the first place that you want Buhari to revive?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Presidency Recants On Martin Luther King Awards, Says Plaque Not From Family / 2019: Atiku Explains Why He Didn’t Perform Under Obasanjo, Speaks On Looting Pub / APC Wins Bauchi House Of Reps Bye - Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.