Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Geographical Information Systems - Gis In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Geographical Information Systems - Gis In Nigeria (10092 Views)

Urgent Opening For GIS SURE P Graduate Internship / Growing Geographical Information Systems Company Located In Ibadan Recruiting / Growing Geographical Information Systems Company Located In Ibadan Recruiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Geographical Information Systems - Gis In Nigeria by Snowdrop: 10:38am On Jul 02, 2009
Hi, anyone knows about the Use and growth of GIS in Nigeria- companies and all ?
Re: Geographical Information Systems - Gis In Nigeria by donmega: 3:18pm On Jul 02, 2009
Are you looking for someone to train you on GIS?
Re: Geographical Information Systems - Gis In Nigeria by Snowdrop: 6:55pm On Jul 02, 2009
No not really just looking for like minds. R u a GIS person
Re: Geographical Information Systems - Gis In Nigeria by tunaps(m): 3:53pm On Aug 21, 2009
Am a GIS person, aw u dey.
Re: Geographical Information Systems - Gis In Nigeria by bukarolz: 7:07pm On Aug 21, 2009
Need a GIS person ? Call me on 07039424423
Re: Geographical Information Systems - Gis In Nigeria by Snowdrop: 4:41pm On Sep 28, 2009
Hi there
How u doing
am wondering where i can get GIS Training, how much it costs and what software
Re: Geographical Information Systems - Gis In Nigeria by kayblow: 6:04pm On Sep 28, 2009
For the GIS info,you can go to ITT in Ibadan, they have a world class equipment that will give you a vast knowledge on GIS
Re: Geographical Information Systems - Gis In Nigeria by Snowdrop: 9:50am On Sep 29, 2009
oh thanks but one more question, What is ITT and do they have a website? or do you know there contact no.
Re: Geographical Information Systems - Gis In Nigeria by Iretia(m): 5:36pm On Jan 31, 2011
I am holding a FREE GIS training using MapInfo Professional for interested people. I own Spatial Technologies Ltd (STL) - a lucrative GIS and Location base solution provider in Lagos (see http://www.spatialtechnologiesltd.com)

The course is divided into 3modules to provide progress learning.
Module 1. GIS & MapInfo Fundamentals (2days) Cost FREE
Module 2. Advanced Data Manipulation using MapInfo (Duration (2days) Cost FREE
Module 3. Technical & Business Strategic Decision Making Process using MapInfo -a case study of UBA PLC and Zain (2days) Cost FREE

This invitation at this point covers just Module 1. Modules 2 & 3 would be planned based on the response from Module 1

Course Requirement: Each student is expected to be computer literate and ready to try something new and exciting. Previous knowledge of MapInfo and GIS are not required.

Course Target for Module 1: At the end of this section, each student should be able to open a table in a Map Window, browse an attribute table in the browser window, understand the standard tools, perform simple task such as changing the symbols of points, lines, polygons, label a map using a particular field in the attribute table, and finally save and open workspaces

Module 1 Course Outline:
1) Introducing the Basics:
• MapInfo file and directory structure
• Saving, copying, and closing
• Understanding the MapInfo Screen
• How a map and data are connected
• View Tools: Zooming, setting map
• Scale, arranging the map in its window
• Working with Layers
• Object size concepts
• Understanding Workspaces
• Labeling the map
• Setting the zoom range
• Map types: Raster versus Vector

2) Selection in MapInfo:
• One or several objects by clicking
• Within a rectangular area
• Within a circular area of set radius
• Within a (user-defined) drawn polygon
• Within the boundary of an area
• Invert a selection
• Remove a selection

3) Creating and editing objects in MapInfo:
• Points of various styles / formats
• Lines of various patterns and thickness
• Areas of various fill and boundary style
• Reposition and reshape
• Reformat

4) Information tools
• Distance between points by measuring
• Object properties
• Statistics on stored numeric values
• charts production

The course would be taken by STL's Chief's Technology Officer. The course material would be sent as email atatchment to each student selected by STl for the course.

Venue:
Spatial Technologies Ltd office:
14 Raufu William Crescent, Masha
Surulere, Lagos
Get driving direction from anywhere in Lagos to our Lagos office using our online street map of Lagos  http://www.lagoslocation.com/mapPage.aspx?x=3.35529936&y=6.5939427&z=7&w=150&h=100&f=1

Course Fee: FREE

Joining Instruction[/b]There are ONLY 5 spaces available for Module 1. If you are therefore interested, you need to write and tell me why you should be considered for this training. I will also appreciate a brief background information about you e.g your area of expertise, etc. My email is iretia@spatialtechnologiesltd.com. I can also be reached at ireti.ajala@lagoslocation.com. I promise to acknowledge and reply any mail you send me.

[b]STL will provide FREE snacks and FREE lunch
.  At the end of Module 3, you would be given a certificate of attendance and you may be invited to work with STL on a current GIS project as a consultant.

Question1: Why is STL offering MapInfo training that usually cost over £2,500 Free of Charge?
Answer: I thought we should start a MapInfo revolution and introduce more people to the exciting world of GIS and MapInfo at no charge.

Question2: Is STL qualified to undertake a GIS or MapInfo training?
Answer: STL had implemented multi-million naira GIS projects in Nigeria for UBA PLC, Zain, BAT, ICSL, Greenwich Consulting (France), etc. We have won an awad for our GIS projects, etc. Why dont you visit our website to see some of our past projects and achievements.

About me:
Name: Ireti Ajala
Designation: CEO Spatial Technologies Ltd
Total GIS Experience: over 12years
Previous GIS Experience: 5years as head of GIS unit for MTN Nigeria Communication Ltd
Current country of residence: UK

Find me Online:
1. Google Search: http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=ireti+ajala&meta=&aq=f&aqi=g1g-v2&aql=&oq=
2. My Blog: http://www.lagosstreetmap..com

1 Like

Re: Geographical Information Systems - Gis In Nigeria by Iretia(m): 10:45am On Aug 30, 2011
Our company Spatial Technologies Ltd (www.spatialtechnologiesltd.com) -a Lagos base GIS solution provider is currently preparing for a GIS data capture project across Nigeria. The code name for this project is MIMIR (named after the mythical Greek god of knowledge). This project will involve extensive travel by air and road across Nigeria. MIMIR will be both exciting and interesting as it would take you to places you have not had the opportunity to visit before across Nigeria with all expenses paid. It would also provide a unique opportunity for you to be part of a highly motivated team involved in delivering one of the largest GIS projects in Nigeria.  This project will last for about 1 calendar month and start first week in September 2011. Spatial Technologies Ltd had implemented similar GIS solutions for UBA PLC, MTN Nigeria, Greenwich Consulting, TimePiece Integrated Services,  etc (see http://www.prlog.org/11161589-uba-plc-nigerias-largest-bank-selects-stl-as-the-preferred-gis-and-mapping-solution-provider.html)

To join, you MUST have a GPS, a digital camera and a laptop and a desire to succeed. We shall pay you a token for you to use your own tools (i.e. your GPS, Laptop and camera) in addition to the usual reward for your participation in this project.

We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are passionate about GIS solutions for the Nigerian environment and who posses a high sense of adventure. You could potentially earn up to N70,000 for your role in this project and additional N30,000 for the use of your GPS, laptop and digital camera for the duration of the project. Please note that this does not include your air flight fares, hotel lodging costs, road travel costs and GSM recharge card cost -all required for MIMIR

We shall train you on the use of MapInfo and how to use GPS to capture data in the field. We shall also teach you how you can hotlink pictures with location data in a GIS environment. 

Are you interested?  If yes, then you need to send a mail to iretia@spatialtechnologiesltd.com and briefly state why you should be considered for this project. We need about 34 people and we have already received positive confirmation from 26 people already.

If you do not have a GPS, Laptop and Digital Camera, please do not bother to apply.

Closing date for your application is September 6, 2011

Re: Geographical Information Systems - Gis In Nigeria by zhicoboy(m): 7:09pm On Jun 11, 2016
Please somebody should help me about the address of Gis office in ibadan
Re: Geographical Information Systems - Gis In Nigeria by Chydobe: 10:31am On Oct 12, 2017
The University of Arizona's MS-GIST (Masters of Science in GIS Technology) Program is pleased to accept applications form suitably qualified candidates for the “Meet Arizona Community Needs Scholarships”. The Meet Arizona Community Needs Scholarships 2018 is open to all incoming students who are willing to apply for the graduate MS-GIST program.

Meet Arizona Community Needs Scholarships is intended for students who are willing to help meet the needs of the State of Arizona's information-based economy workforce and community engagement upon graduation.

Click on link below to apply

http://www.newzified.com/apply-for-2018-meet-arizona-community-needs-scholarships/
Re: Geographical Information Systems - Gis In Nigeria by emak1991: 4:43pm On Oct 24, 2019
For your intensive training and analysis in GIS, contact me on 08106244065

Re: Geographical Information Systems - Gis In Nigeria by emak1991: 4:00pm On Dec 12, 2019
For your GIS training and analysis,contact me on 08106244065.a month 20k, 2 months 40k,3 months 60k.for online training, a month 10k, 2 months 20k, 3 months 30k

Re: Geographical Information Systems - Gis In Nigeria by emak1991: 5:06pm On Apr 29, 2020
My work.I'm a GIS (Geographic information system analyst). I train people on different GIS software's such as Arcgis,Qgis,idrisi terrset,Google earth,smartGIs editor,Global mapper,snap and surfer.analysis performed are image classification,creation of elevation map (contour),location allocation analysis, service area analysis, study area maps,thematic maps(population map,election map etc),NDVI(normalized difference vegetation index).etc.Any interested person should contact me on dis no 08106244065.thanks and God bless.

(1) (Reply)

United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA) Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2018 / Mathematicians In Industries / Dragnet Entry Level Graduate Screening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.