Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,515 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Labour, Allies Protest Hike In Electricity Tariff, Monday - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour, Allies Protest Hike In Electricity Tariff, Monday (11846 Views)

Federal High Court Voids Hike In Electricity Tariff, Fines NERC/DISCOS / Did The National Assembly Finally Okay The Increase In Electricity Tariff? / Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Labour, Allies Protest Hike In Electricity Tariff, Monday by OBAGADAFFI: 9:42am On Feb 05, 2016
Most of these DISCO are own by politicians .

1 Like

Re: Labour, Allies Protest Hike In Electricity Tariff, Monday by Happykenx: 9:42am On Feb 05, 2016
Ok..so ?
Re: Labour, Allies Protest Hike In Electricity Tariff, Monday by xexy: 9:43am On Feb 05, 2016
i tot most Neverland now have18hrs light
Re: Labour, Allies Protest Hike In Electricity Tariff, Monday by columbus007(m): 9:44am On Feb 05, 2016
When I hear NERC,its reminds me of bottleneck,when I hear DISCO it reminds me of their disco light,off and on,these people are fraud I swear,some of us our light bill a year is much higher than our house rent,which way naija undecided
Re: Labour, Allies Protest Hike In Electricity Tariff, Monday by ademkay(m): 9:45am On Feb 05, 2016
Re: Labour, Allies Protest Hike In Electricity Tariff, Monday by saintkel(m): 9:49am On Feb 05, 2016
vikacydevato:
We don't even get the light.
To b candid Nigerians r d most patient citizen in d whole world, we just accept any decision taken by any dick n harry in power, try dat nonsense in Egypt or Algeria ur name go just turn to sorry. We r not complaining of d rise in power bills yet they won't give us light. U pay ur daily dues yet Government of d day take us for granted

1 Like

Re: Labour, Allies Protest Hike In Electricity Tariff, Monday by chernest2002: 9:58am On Feb 05, 2016
In my village I always pay for a house where nobody leaves just because they saw wire, and now they want to increase the bill,well this is change. This change means hardship from every look but I don't have regret cause am among the 5%.God save nija.
Re: Labour, Allies Protest Hike In Electricity Tariff, Monday by ODUBEZE: 10:19am On Feb 05, 2016
Queennikky:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/labour-allies-protest-hike-in-electricity-tariff-monday/
NLC should be scrapped with all these their protest without result!
mtcheeeeeew! jobless people!
Re: Labour, Allies Protest Hike In Electricity Tariff, Monday by ODUBEZE: 10:22am On Feb 05, 2016
born2groove:
This government wan make life difficult for the poor people with different increament and tolls, first it was 50 naira bank charges, now na 45 percent power increament, yet salary no increase, Fashola dey talk abt bringing of toll gates back to the roads. Very soon we go dey pay to straf our wife.
No light! no job but increments in all facets! still watching!
Lord have mercy! I hope PMB blind supporters can explain this.

1 Like

Re: Labour, Allies Protest Hike In Electricity Tariff, Monday by ODUBEZE: 10:26am On Feb 05, 2016
orunto27:
The Government is governing the people and not governing itself for whatever reason. Babatunde Fashola should stop provoking the already very stressed Nigerians, the labour movements and the hyper inflation in the country. He should get subsidy to run his business from the returned Abacha loot.
My brother I enjoyed his administration when he was running Lagos State but currently I cannot say d same!
still watching sha
Re: Labour, Allies Protest Hike In Electricity Tariff, Monday by obailala(m): 10:37am On Feb 05, 2016
With the abolishment of fixed charges, the complaints about paying high for services one doesn't get is INVALID.

The abolishment of fixed charges would force the power companies to ensure there is power as much as possible because without power, they will get no pay.

With the abolishment of fixed charges, an increase in electricity tariffs would in no little way encourage and stimulate private sector investments in the power sector. If this is allowed to pull through, Nigeria might just be on the verge of kissing power outages goodbye. 45% is a high value though but this is exactly how it happened in our telecommunications industry.
Re: Labour, Allies Protest Hike In Electricity Tariff, Monday by obailala(m): 10:41am On Feb 05, 2016
chernest2002:
In my village I always pay for a house where nobody leaves just because they saw wire, and now they want to increase the bill,well this is change. This change means hardship from every look but I don't have regret cause am among the 5%.God save nija.
Fixed charges are now gone, if yourbulb doesn't light up, you don't get to pay a dime; but if it lights up, you get too pay a little higher. This is a pretty good step which would now encourage the privatised power companies to sit up and ensure they provide power. The privatisation of the power sector has never worked because the investors complained about low charges and an inability to recoup their funds. The cancellation of fixed would ensure the power companies don't scam consumers; just like the telecoms sector explosion, this is a step in the right direction to end Nigeria's power woes.

1 Like

Re: Labour, Allies Protest Hike In Electricity Tariff, Monday by asha80(m): 10:58am On Feb 05, 2016
obailala:
Fixed charges are now gone, if yourbulb doesn't light up, you don't get to pay a dime; but if it lights up, you get too pay a little higher. This is a pretty good step which would now encourage the privatised power companies to sit up and ensure they provide power. The privatisation of the power sector has never worked because the investors complained about low charges and an inability to recoup their funds. The cancellation of fixed would ensure the power companies don't scam consumers; just like the telecoms sector explosion, this is a step in the right direction to end Nigeria's power woes.
hope you know most Nigerians are still on estimated billing?

1 Like

Re: Labour, Allies Protest Hike In Electricity Tariff, Monday by stevesteve07: 11:17am On Feb 05, 2016
It's 2016, what can you buy with 1k?

3litres of fuel?
Airtime?
One day lunch?
A cheap bottle of wine?
Pedicure or Manicure?
250mb Data? .E.t.c .....just for one time use or consumption right?

What if I told you 1k can get you, 200k in two weeks and 2m in 4weeks....am talking about facts and figures.

Decide for yourself to waste or Use your 1k.
if u re interested just send d word in d bracket below to show ur interest
(Ask me how? )
whatsapp me on 08035237748
Re: Labour, Allies Protest Hike In Electricity Tariff, Monday by obailala(m): 11:17am On Feb 05, 2016
asha80:
hope you know most Nigerians are still on estimated billing?
Well I think it's a gradual process. But this will encourage investors to flood the power market. It may start as an expensive, exploitative venture at this stage (just like the telecoms industry where MTN sold sims very expensive and charged N50 on per minute billing), but I believe with time things will definitely stabilise and get better. The start is bound to be bumpy, this is where privatisation really starts.
Re: Labour, Allies Protest Hike In Electricity Tariff, Monday by Ximonak: 11:28am On Feb 05, 2016
Rolings:

Direct your anger elsewhere ,this is the best step except you want the government to cancel the flawed privatization of power sector by the last administration. These people bought over the discos yet the past government was giving them money , is that logical. The past government allowed the discos to charge a fraudulent fixes charge that ensures the discos get money for not providing electicity. The fixed charge is abolished now you are still shouting.
How can this be the best idea, all the various bodies under energy cannot think of a better way to improve on energy distribution(they have a part to play here).
We will pay any amount when we are given prepaid meter.
How can I request for prepaid (40k single face, 75k 3face) and I will not be given except I pay as much as 50k(the remaining money inside is bribe). Then it will taken forever to come and install the meter.

Fashola should strategize how to reduce influx of generator production, estimated bills etc as they increase Power Generation

Imagine you earn 50k now and pay light bill estimated 2k/month, even when you see the light 1hr in 3days, or no light for a month.
Then you increase the light bill to 4k, will the government increase your earning (remember N50 fee)
Re: Labour, Allies Protest Hike In Electricity Tariff, Monday by anonimi: 11:39am On Feb 05, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Labour, Allies Protest Hike In Electricity Tariff, Monday by Ximonak: 11:39am On Feb 05, 2016
banmee:

I understand what you are saying but you also need to understand that the country is broke. There is no other way to pay for anything other than through taxation.
Bro that's a biggggg lieeeee

Cut down buy 80% the cost of servicing,feeding,maintaining people in government from the presidency to the least political office.

When we bounce back as a country we can gradually appraise their pay
Let's start from there first

1 Like

Re: Labour, Allies Protest Hike In Electricity Tariff, Monday by kevoh(m): 11:42am On Feb 05, 2016
My last light bill was hiked from N8000 per month to N25700 per month (N14 per Kilowatthour), 200% increment,left AEDC office about an hour ago after complaining of the hike and was informed the new tarrif of 23 kilowatthour has not been effected sef, that when it does from next month it will be higher? undecided

E be like dis people tink say na only electricity I go dey use my salary service. If only the salary was experiencing this kind exponential increase of 200% too tongue e for make sense.

1 Like

Re: Labour, Allies Protest Hike In Electricity Tariff, Monday by judondasylva(m): 11:44am On Feb 05, 2016
that's a very good move.
Re: Labour, Allies Protest Hike In Electricity Tariff, Monday by Ximonak: 11:50am On Feb 05, 2016
kevoh:
If only the salary was experiencing this kind exponential increase of 200% too tongue e for make sense.

That's where Fashola needs to focus as his point before any plan, because if you want to save me, why give me something that will kill me faster undecided undecided.

If our financial purse will not increase but decrease minus tax,FG bank tax etc, what's the point of bringing the policy.
Re: Labour, Allies Protest Hike In Electricity Tariff, Monday by Sainttops(m): 12:01pm On Feb 05, 2016
drss:
yes o! time to shake body small. make i kuku dust my snickers. grin
Oya brother let's shake body tanrrrannnntannnnn
Move body tanrrrrrannnnnntannnnn.
Devil left yansh.
Re: Labour, Allies Protest Hike In Electricity Tariff, Monday by Rockstar2014(m): 12:55pm On Feb 05, 2016
What a deceptive government... APC I hail dee.
Re: Labour, Allies Protest Hike In Electricity Tariff, Monday by Ukpafi: 12:58pm On Feb 05, 2016
If you want to construct a filling station or do iron roofing please contact success Eng ltd.
we are into construction of underground tanks, filling station canopies, iron roofing, gas tanks, road tanks, rolling protectors and tank farms etc.
we are located at Akwa ibom, and Rivers states.

pls contact :08189630688,08137007526.
Re: Labour, Allies Protest Hike In Electricity Tariff, Monday by banmee(m): 1:44pm On Feb 05, 2016
Ximonak:

Bro that's a biggggg lieeeee

Cut down buy 80% the cost of servicing,feeding,maintaining people in government from the presidency to the least political office.

When we bounce back as a country we can gradually appraise their pay
Let's start from there first

What you have said sounds logical but I have a question though, how does the country generate constant income that is not subject to the price of oil, the rise and fall of the dollar, and the whims of supply and demand?
Re: Labour, Allies Protest Hike In Electricity Tariff, Monday by mideactive: 2:11pm On Feb 05, 2016
Trust NLC @ ur own peril.butto be honest,if u won buy akara,u go collect d akara b4 u pay nah.anyway!let believe Buhari wants to borrow frm d ppl cus of cash shortage,just hp we'l derive d desired satisfaction dis tym around.
Re: Labour, Allies Protest Hike In Electricity Tariff, Monday by jopiper1: 2:19pm On Feb 05, 2016
If we can celebrate 18 hours per day, I think we don't have problem with the increment. We have suffered more than enough from past and present administration.
Re: Labour, Allies Protest Hike In Electricity Tariff, Monday by Ximonak: 2:28pm On Feb 05, 2016
banmee:

What you have said sounds logical but I have a question though, how does the country generate constant income that is not subject to the price of oil, the rise and fall of the dollar, and the whims of supply and demand?

If read my point well I accept the increase in tariff but as simple as enforcing/monitoring the distribution of prepaid to every citizen.
We will gladly pay any amount of energy used by us...
Re: Labour, Allies Protest Hike In Electricity Tariff, Monday by banmee(m): 2:32pm On Feb 05, 2016
Ximonak:

If read my point well I accept the increase in tariff but as simple as enforcing/monitoring the distribution of prepaid to every citizen.
We will gladly pay any amount of energy used by us...

But if you had calmly read my initial post, I already said corruption would be the bane of taxation na.

1 Like

Re: Labour, Allies Protest Hike In Electricity Tariff, Monday by Ximonak: 2:44pm On Feb 05, 2016
banmee:

But if you had calmly read my initial post, I already said corruption would be the bane of taxation na.
My own is that must the only the masses take all the effort to pull Nigeria from every problem when it comes to money issues.

Why is it that anytime those in power wants to make a policy, they will not first think of the negative effect to the masses and plan of to bring it low. They just go ahead and stamp...
I wonder if they don't have professors, technocrats, visionary thinkers to guide them in their portfolio.
Re: Labour, Allies Protest Hike In Electricity Tariff, Monday by jude90(m): 3:39pm On Feb 05, 2016
nawa for this APC government

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anthony Usoro Resigns, To Join APC / Kogi2023; One Killed, Others Injured As APC Thugs Attacks SDP Guber Candidate / Front Page Should Be Renamed Mukina Page!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.