Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

As A Parent, What Would Be Your Reaction To This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As A Parent, What Would Be Your Reaction To This? (723 Views)

Dad’s Incredible Reaction To News 14-year-old Son Is Not His / Nigerian Mum’s Reaction To Son’s Dreadlocks (Photos) / A Mother's Reaction To Her Daughter's Post About Rape On Snapchat (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Parent, What Would Be Your Reaction To This? by Boyooosa(m): 8:56am On Feb 05, 2016
What would you do after this happens?
Your 16 year old daughter in high school is going back to
the boarding school after the Christmas break. As a good
father, you see her off to the bus station and left after she
had boarded the bus.
After 3 hrs, you are told the bus boarded for her has had an
accident and no one survived. As you are going crazy
making arrangements to verify her death, you get a call
from your daughter saying, 'Dad, I wasn't on that bus oo,
my boyfriend insisted I spend 2 days at his house before I
go to school'.
What will you do as a parent? How would you react?
# Mature contributions only....
Re: As A Parent, What Would Be Your Reaction To This? by Destined2win: 8:59am On Feb 05, 2016
First of all, I WILL NEVER experience such.

Secondly, my daughter will not leave school to go looking for a boyfriend.

Are you satisfied?
Re: As A Parent, What Would Be Your Reaction To This? by Segadem(m): 9:02am On Feb 05, 2016
Destined2win:

Are you satisfied?
Thank u
Re: As A Parent, What Would Be Your Reaction To This? by funnynation(m): 9:05am On Feb 05, 2016
I will thank God first... Then before I advice her about r/ship tips.. She need to face her studies. I will punish her for that bcs she is too young to....
Nairaland official comedian

2 Likes

Re: As A Parent, What Would Be Your Reaction To This? by sladimeji(m): 9:10am On Feb 05, 2016
I will wake up from d bad dream

1 Like

Re: As A Parent, What Would Be Your Reaction To This? by Boyooosa(m): 9:12am On Feb 05, 2016
Destined2win:

Are you satisfied?
Your response got me laughing, you sonded as if am a kinda Prophet, prophesying this or something. As at the tym of sending in this, av not been able to solve the puzzle. That was why I posted it may be people's reaction might actually make my day.
Btw, I think the best deal is just to thank God for saving the girl's life one way or the other. God has a lot of ways doing miracle, some people run mad because they are destined to escape death at a point in time, some being jailed because they need to escape death at a specified time of their lives. All these make us to know that God exists and there is blessing in curse sometimes. But practically, as a parent I will need to let the girl realise that 'it is better to be an educated mother than a nursing mother of a deprived child!'
Re: As A Parent, What Would Be Your Reaction To This? by Boyooosa(m): 9:13am On Feb 05, 2016
sladimeji:
I will wake up from d bad dream
Lol! grin
Re: As A Parent, What Would Be Your Reaction To This? by freecocoa(f): 5:37pm On Feb 05, 2016
I will be glad my daughter is alive, sad for those who lost their loved ones, after that, the little Missy will know better than to try that rubbish with me again, when I'm done with her. angry

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Newly Wed Couple Accused Guests Of Being Stingy. Sent Guests Emails Too. / About Running Away From Home / Husband Scarcity; A Call To Reality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.