Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,462 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

Mandela, Obama, Michael Jackson, Marthin Luther King, Oprah Winfrey - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mandela, Obama, Michael Jackson, Marthin Luther King, Oprah Winfrey (3190 Views)

Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job / Jonathan’s Campaign Footage Compares Him To MLK Jnr, Mandela, Obama / 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mandela, Obama, Michael Jackson, Marthin Luther King, Oprah Winfrey by ezeagu(m): 4:54pm On Jul 04, 2009
tpiah:

I believe I was having a discussion with Ezeagu who is trying to force his mindset on Oprah?

grin, as much as I like "changing the mindset" of billionaires, I think I'll let Oprah do what she wants. So what did you want as the outcome of our 'discussion', for me to say I'm wrong? All Hail Harpo!
Re: Mandela, Obama, Michael Jackson, Marthin Luther King, Oprah Winfrey by Beaf: 4:56pm On Jul 04, 2009
tpiah:

I believe I was having a discussion with Ezeagu who is trying to force his mindset on Oprah?

maybe you should reread the thread.

Last time I looked, this was the original topic:
PeeDaVinci:

although, i know there is no one-size-fits-all yardstick to compare these pple and each of them are great pple (in their own right), but on a fairly general scale, who would u say is the greatest black man that ever lived (or is still livin) among these lots
Re: Mandela, Obama, Michael Jackson, Marthin Luther King, Oprah Winfrey by tpiah: 4:58pm On Jul 04, 2009
Beaf:

This is the topic:

like I said, Ezeagu insists Oprah is a west African refusing to help west Africans and I believe I was telling him its not by force.

The post you just quoted wasnt made by me.

If you have a problem with[b] Pee da vinci[/b] calling Oprah great, then please take it up with him.
Re: Mandela, Obama, Michael Jackson, Marthin Luther King, Oprah Winfrey by Beaf: 5:08pm On Jul 04, 2009
tpiah:

like I said, Ezeagu insists Oprah is a west African refusing to help west Africans and I believe I was telling him its not by force.

The post you just quoted wasnt made by me.

If you have a problem with[b] Pee da vinci[/b] calling Oprah great, then please take it up with him.

I felt you were actually changing the topic, especially by providing pictures of people who arent on the list and who the average person has never heard of and will never hear of. For goodness sake, we are discussing Mandela and Martin Luther King (in my opinion, MJ and Oprah don't even cut the list).
Re: Mandela, Obama, Michael Jackson, Marthin Luther King, Oprah Winfrey by MandingoII(m): 5:40pm On Jul 04, 2009
although, i know there is no one-size-fits-all yardstick to compare these pple and each of them are great pple (in their own right), but on a fairly general scale, who would u say is the greatest black man that ever lived (or is still livin) among these lots

This is a REALLY dumb question.
Re: Mandela, Obama, Michael Jackson, Marthin Luther King, Oprah Winfrey by tpiah: 12:20am On Jul 05, 2009
Beaf:

I felt you were actually changing the topic, especially by providing pictures of people who arent on the list and who the average person has never heard of and will never hear of. For goodness sake, we are discussing Mandela and Martin Luther King (in my opinion, MJ and Oprah don't even cut the list).

once again, reread the thread.

I was responding to someone who has problems with Oprah calling herself Zulu when she's supposed to be west African. He said Oprah has no business going to south Africa since she knows nobody there. Hence I posted some photos showing AAs have been all over Africa and especially south Africa long before anyone on nairaland was born.

If you have issues with Oprah or any other AA being on the list, take it up with the thread starter and Ezeagu.
Re: Mandela, Obama, Michael Jackson, Marthin Luther King, Oprah Winfrey by Beaf: 1:18am On Jul 05, 2009
All I'm saying is the topic is about the greatest black person. It isn't about how you miss-spend your time as Oprahs unwanted defender.
Re: Mandela, Obama, Michael Jackson, Marthin Luther King, Oprah Winfrey by tpiah: 2:25am On Jul 05, 2009
Beaf:

All I'm saying is the topic is about the greatest black person. It isn't about how you miss-spend your time as Oprahs unwanted defender.

I dont like cowards.

If you feel you have a beef with me for any reason, and you say you're a man, then grow some balls and face me squarely instead of acting in this petty and dumb manner.

Otherwise shut up.

I've explained and re-explained myself countless times on this thread. Put a sock in it for crying out loud.

Cant stand whiners.

If you have nothing solid to contribute then get lost. I'm not Oprah- take your issues somewhere else. Go to blackvoices and tell them Oprah is not great.
Re: Mandela, Obama, Michael Jackson, Marthin Luther King, Oprah Winfrey by Beaf: 2:51am On Jul 05, 2009
tpiah:

I dont like cowards.

If you feel you have a beef with me for any reason, and you say you're a man, then grow some balls and face me squarely instead of acting in this petty and dumb manner.

Otherwise shut up.

I've explained and re-explained myself countless times on this thread. Put a sock in it for crying out loud.

Cant stand whiners.

If you have nothing solid to contribute then get lost. I'm not Oprah- take your issues somewhere else. Go to blackvoices and tell them Oprah is not great.

Hmmmmm! . . .mummy I'm scared, I'm quacking and sobbing, she's getting rude and abusive because she has no logic to offer.
I'll repeat, the topic is about great black people. Names that inspire reverence like Nelson Mandela and Martin Luther were mentioned. Instead of arguing for any of the names mentioned, you took so much trouble to gather information on men who were unknown yesterday, who are unknown today and who will be unknown tomorrow - that is an insult where people like Mandela and King are mentioned.

There are only three reasons to respond to names like Mandela or King with such farcical latitude:
1. You did not understand the topic (simple as it was - fashion section might be the remedy)
2. You either have no respect for Mandela or King or for yourself
3. You deliberately set out to derail the topic

Now get on your bike
Re: Mandela, Obama, Michael Jackson, Marthin Luther King, Oprah Winfrey by tpiah: 2:52am On Jul 05, 2009
from your posts elsewhere, I really doubt you're worth the effort I've been putting into this thread.
Re: Mandela, Obama, Michael Jackson, Marthin Luther King, Oprah Winfrey by Beaf: 2:54am On Jul 05, 2009
Who asked for your unschooled and crude attention. I don't need it.

On your bike
Re: Mandela, Obama, Michael Jackson, Marthin Luther King, Oprah Winfrey by Nobody: 5:56am On Jul 05, 2009
apart from MLK and Mandela the rest are simple people.
who in his right mind would compare them with MJ or Obama(he is the first black president but so far, he hasnt done anything to be proud of anything)
if he is just another GWB then he might as well be white.
Re: Mandela, Obama, Michael Jackson, Marthin Luther King, Oprah Winfrey by TippyTop(m): 8:50am On Jul 05, 2009
Can the idiots amongst you just stick with topic title. Name your black achiever and give reasons. Its obvious we wil not all agree on the same names but that was why I think this topic was created. Name those you think should be in the list or shut da f@ck up. Jeeeze!!!!!
Re: Mandela, Obama, Michael Jackson, Marthin Luther King, Oprah Winfrey by SapeleGuy: 6:58pm On Jul 05, 2009
Can you people not give comment without insults?

No history of Africa and Africans all over the world can be complete without a mention of the liberation struggles. In that chapter no figure looms larger than that of Kwame Nkrumah. He was voted as the most important african of the millenium by a BBC poll. In my opinion coming in behind him are Mandela, Marcus Garvey and Martin Luther King. Before Oprah I would place Yaa Asentwa - if you don't know about her do some research.
Re: Mandela, Obama, Michael Jackson, Marthin Luther King, Oprah Winfrey by dotuntayo: 12:52pm On Jul 06, 2009
Marthin Luther King is d one.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kate Henshaw's Campaign Poster / PHOTOS: El-rufa'i Celebrating After The First Goal Of Nigeria VS Chad In Kaduna / $30 Billion Left And They Borrowed To Pay Salaries.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.