Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Golf 4 Automatic Transmission Problem Please Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Golf 4 Automatic Transmission Problem Please Help (4879 Views)

5 Things To Avoid Doing With An Automatic Transmission Car / Mistakes To Avoid When Driving An Automatic Transmission Car / What Is The Use Of Neutral Gear In An Automatic Transmission Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Golf 4 Automatic Transmission Problem Please Help by yungkizzymiami(m): 2:15pm On Feb 05, 2016
hi .. good day good people of Nigeria nd naira land users ... please I need help urgently ..

my name is amara and I'm staying in ikeja Lagos state .. got a Germany used golf4 2.0L with auto transmission last year August at 900k .. I love the car if not for anything at least for the massive weight and blance when I'm on high speed and I love Germany cars though I hear they are expensive to maintain ..

but please the help I need here is the my gear doesn't select automatically anymore ..since after my intercooler got faulty and mixed my coolant with the ATF ..I had to change the intercooler, the valve body and the oil filter and I used five liters of mobile ATF .. it didn't still select ..I use my hand to change from one to three manually ..but I need to fix it unfailingly tomorrow ..please if anybody knows a good gearbox mechanic that can do it ..please help me..I promise that if it got fixed tomorrow ..at least 2k will be yours .. send your account number and I'll transfer the 2k to you ... this is a cry for help .. I feel sick if my baby (my car) is faulty .. thanks y'all
Re: Golf 4 Automatic Transmission Problem Please Help by Kashif(m): 2:58pm On Feb 05, 2016
yungkizzymiami:
hi .. good day good people of Nigeria nd naira land users ... please I need help urgently ..

my name is amara and I'm staying in ikeja Lagos state .. got a Germany used golf4 2.0L with auto transmission last year August at 900k .. I love the car if not for anything at least for the massive weight and blance when I'm on high speed and I love Germany cars though I hear they are expensive to maintain ..

but please the help I need here is the my gear doesn't select automatically anymore ..since after my intercooler got faulty and mixed my coolant with the ATF ..I had to change the intercooler, the valve body and the oil filter and I used five liters of mobile ATF .. it didn't still select ..I use my hand to change from one to three manually ..but I need to fix it unfailingly tomorrow ..please if anybody knows a good gearbox mechanic that can do it ..please help me..I promise that if it got fixed tomorrow ..at least 2k will be yours .. send your account number and I'll transfer the 2k to you ... this is a cry for help .. I feel sick if my baby (my car) is faulty .. thanks y'all

Water and auto transmission are enemies. The water is still there, even after your drain and refill. I am afraid you are faced with replacing that transmission.
Re: Golf 4 Automatic Transmission Problem Please Help by yungkizzymiami(m): 3:07pm On Feb 05, 2016
Kashif:

Water and auto transmission are enemies. The water is still there, even after your drain and refill. I am afraid you are faced with replacing that transmission.
oh shit ... so there is no way I can flush it totally ?

and how much do you think replacing it will cost me
Re: Golf 4 Automatic Transmission Problem Please Help by Kashif(m): 7:05pm On Feb 05, 2016
yungkizzymiami:
oh shit ... so there is no way I can flush it totally ?

and how much do you think replacing it will cost me

Over to Gazzuzz.
Re: Golf 4 Automatic Transmission Problem Please Help by ruke84(m): 6:47am On Feb 06, 2016
As someone earlier said,water and auto transmission are enemies, though considering that ur transmission still works manually, there may be hope. You can consider doing a transmission flush. This would need u to put fresh oil, open the transmission cooler hose then start the engine. Observe the oil that comes out till u start seeing the new oil. Stop the engine, close your cooler line and refill the oil.
Re: Golf 4 Automatic Transmission Problem Please Help by Digriz(m): 9:12am On Feb 06, 2016
yungkizzymiami:

https://www.nairaland.com/2724025/gear-selection-issue-golf-3
Am not an auto mechanic bt from my own experience., get the transmission scanned for solenoid related issue and if it shows valve solenoid issue then ur clutch fibres are still good which I think is still good since u can manually shift the gears.. U either get a new solenoid kits and get it replaced. U can also check if ur TCU has bn fried.
In my own case,I couldn't get a new solenoid kit bcus of dollar cost frm Ebay,the harness and solenoids are $157 and when converted to naira u wl see its higher than a replacement. I finally replaced my gearbox,took out my valve body from the old gearbox and kept safe. Once I got a better deal I wl buy the solenoid valves/ harness and replace it and wl hv a spare gearbox.
VW 01M auto gearbox are very fragile and prone to issues and the gearbox oil cooler is a bad engineering by them.
Re: Golf 4 Automatic Transmission Problem Please Help by mayor2013: 9:34am On Feb 06, 2016
Jumping from frypan to fire. Most auto transmission golfs here in naija are killed by the car owners themselves. If you want a piece of mind. Transmission replacement is the way out. Now back to the frypan to fire word. Who says mobil atf is the right transmission oil for your golf? Get the vw transmission oil and stop doing more harm than good. If you need the problem solved call multi autolab on 08165520837 or 08156087872. Bbpin is 7BE1C522

1 Like

Re: Golf 4 Automatic Transmission Problem Please Help by Nobody: 11:29am On Feb 06, 2016
yungkizzymiami:
but please the help I need here is the my gear doesn't select automatically anymore ..since after my intercooler got faulty and mixed my coolant with the ATF ..I had to change the intercooler, the valve body and the oil filter and I used five liters of mobile ATF...

Until you can state EXACTLY what model of VV Golf IV you have, and what EXACTLY was replaced, I can't offer you any help or advise.

An intercooler is only fitted to turbo models (1.8T / 1.9TDI). An intercooler on a VW Golf IV would suggest your engine is NOT a 2.0, more likely a 1.8 20V turbo (petrol) or a 1.9 8V direct injection (diesel).

So what engine do you have, and what year is your car?
Why was the throttle body replaced?
Which Mobil ATF was used, and why only 5 litres?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Acura MDX Vs ML 350 Both 2010 / Where In Lagos Can I Get A Fairly Used (tokunbo) Power Bike? / Feedback On Rad Autoworks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.