Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,119 members, 7,811,143 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

Gospel Music And Speaking In Tongues! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gospel Music And Speaking In Tongues! (1575 Views)

Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” / 10 Hard Questions About Speaking In Tongues With Answers / 5 Most Important Things You Need To Know About Speaking In Tongue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gospel Music And Speaking In Tongues! by Sezua(m): 5:34pm On Feb 05, 2016
I HAVE A PROBLEM
Good day, brothers and sisters. I believe the Lord has been faithful to us all. In fact, He has been our pillar and backbone. Just yesterday He gave us a reason to jump for joy and we're sure He'll provide everything we need to be successful. But that is not the problem I have.
The problem I have is with Christians and some of our practices. Now, don't begin to get me wrong just yet. I have always said that I'm a nonconformist and many persons take that to mean that I have lost my faith. But I would love to crave your indulgence and ask you to reason with me this one time. Can you do that for me, please? All right. Thank you. Please, have your seat.
You see, I have a problem with what we have come to know as Christian music. I don't intend to talk about the warped mentality that we have about what should constitute Christian music. Rather, I am interested in the attitude of some of our Christan Gospel artistes.
I have a problem with the way our Gospel singers use the gift of tongues when ministering. Again, there is nothing wrong in the act itself. I mean there's nothing bad if the spirit of God takes over your microphone. I only have a problem with the synchronization between what happens in the studio and what happens on stage. Do you now know where I'm driving to? No? Okay, open that bag beside you and take a can of soda.
It is no news that our Gospel artistes have taken to speaking in tongues when recording their singles and albums. That is good and fine. But I get befuddled when these artistes go stage and, when it gets to that part of the song, they speak in the exact same tongues as in the already produced track! I begin to wonder, "them cram the tongues? Abi them first write the tongues down as part of their song?" I have a problem with these things.
These are questions that I still don't have answers to. Maybe you can give me answers. But I want to know why artistes, Gospel artistes, go on stage and speak in the same tongues as in a track they released several years before that performance. Our God is a creative God. And I don't think He's boring too. So why do...... I mean...........?
Please, I have a problem.
credits; Immanuel Eromonsele Ujiadughele

1 Like

Re: Gospel Music And Speaking In Tongues! by critic9ja: 6:09pm On Nov 21, 2016
Interesting piece! Apparently the tongue has been crammed

(1) (Reply)

TB Joshua Makes Headlines In Ghana / Get A Religeous Blog Or Website From Us With Bulksms / GOFAMINT 2017 Annual Convention "A New Beginning"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.