Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,039 members, 7,821,577 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Can One Man Make A Difference? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can One Man Make A Difference? (1610 Views)

PHOTO: Celebrating A Policewoman With A Difference / APC Would Make A Difference In Governance Of Nigeria – Amaechi / Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Man Make A Difference? by newera(f): 6:35pm On Oct 31, 2006
I strongly believe so? What we need is one Godly sincere man; an experienced leader with a servant heart as President and the change we desire in our country will begin. With a man of vision who can see and who has a strong desire to prayerfully lay hold of what he sees, the rot in Nigeria will end.

I agreed with Myles Munroe when one day I heard him say - A pack of sheep led by a lion will defeat a pack of lions led by a sheep.

In the bible when God wanted to make a change He looked for one man - A moses, A David, A Daniel. Examples also abound in recent times - A Nelson Madela, A Lee Kuan Yew(Singapore). Donald Duke has done amazing things in Calabar.

I believe the right man will make a difference if we can find him.
Re: Can One Man Make A Difference? by Odeku(m): 6:46pm On Oct 31, 2006
Good point yes and I do blv one man can make a different with the right disciples
Re: Can One Man Make A Difference? by nilla(f): 12:38am On Nov 02, 2006
@ topic.

very true.
all we need is one good man/woman
Re: Can One Man Make A Difference? by Ynot(m): 2:00am On Nov 02, 2006
NO. one man can never make that much difference in Nigeria. Unless you are referring to a military dictator. One man can never make a country. Thats why you see the chaos in the upcoming US congress election. Should the democrat win the majority, Bush will be in hot soup. They will incapacitate his 'lets kill everybody that don't agree with him' agenda. In the present Nigeria democratic setting, it takes the president and the congress to establish a law. Whats he gon do when they oppose his policy? You know very well that most congress members are corrupt and they are just there to steal our money.

What we need is to educate the public on their roles in shaping Nigeria. Know who they are voting for and why. But again, its a general believe that elections are massively rigged in Nigeria.

People don't obey laws in Nigeria (might be, they don't know the law in the first place). The police that was created to enforce the law are busy stealing money from the masses. The judiciary system that was supposed to interpret the law threw jurisprudence out the window. So tell me, how is one man gon make it all work.

My point is, it will take a collective input from all sectors to make Nigeria better.
Re: Can One Man Make A Difference? by Odeku(m): 3:25am On Nov 02, 2006
you are reading out of context dude, a How many leader does a nation has? Uno 1, ill be back later to explain the caption to you
Re: Can One Man Make A Difference? by ShangoThor(m): 6:08pm On Nov 29, 2010
It is possible for one man to make a difference and reverse the fortunes of the country.

There are exceptionally talented individuals in Nigeria and the Diaspora, but I believe it is virtually impossible for such an individual to rise to the ultimate top within the country. Of course the individual will have to pick a team of like minded people.

It is the system that needs to be overhauled. Here comes my generalisation: Most Nigerians within the country have been conditioned to accept decay and dysfunctionality.  The effective change that is sought can only induced from the Diaspora (afterall, Nigerians in the Diaspora are excluded from the voting process for a reason  wink )

(1) (Reply)

Btw Yar'dua, Buhari, Orji kalu, Atiku. Who will you vote for? / How To Battle Corruption / Win Your Money Back This Week 5 Pools Stakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.