Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,945 members, 7,810,617 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord (43531 Views)

Female Corper Room Mate Needed In Abuja / Face Of The Akwa-Ibom Corper Burnt To Death In Road Accident / See Photos Of A Corper's Room Flooded In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by airforce1000000(m): 9:32pm On Feb 05, 2016
Fire Burnt My Room Even As A Corps Member And Landlord Arrested Me

.And my whole day yesterday was spent in Police Station. Who will fight for the voiceless in this world? Who will give power to the Powerless? I no my God will fight for me. I left my room on the evening of 22nd January 2015 @ about 6:30pm because there was no Power (Electric) to work with in the whole lodge (Building). As a corps member, I went to Nigerian Christian Corpers Fellowship Family house to continue my editing (Video & Pictures) and pass a night there too. Because I was using a reading table of a fellow corps member in the family house to work with and he too needed to use it, I went back to my room and took my table, leaving the same house at about 9:pm because the gate is normally locked by 10pm.

Neigbors in the lodge (fellow Corpers) saw me when I came, and left. Am editing videos and pictures and was even posting some pictures I have worked on in our company's page www.facebook.com/tripplecproduction, sending pictures to one of my clients via BBM late in the night. In fact, I had planned to remain in the family house since there was power pending when they will fix or call for solution to our light problem which has happened like that before. At about 4:am, I slept off only for me to get a distress call at about 6:30Am when we were having Morning devotion that my room is burning.

I rushed down to see for myself, as I wanted to rush in to see if I could rescue my School documents and Hard disk containing vital files and documents, I was asked to be careful that the room may shock me, meaning that this same house we had no light or power supply has current. From that point, someone said that he has removed the general fuse. I entered my room, only for me to see that it will only be the things I left with to the family house that will remain with me this period. Everything in that room has burnt down to finish, Professional Video and Snapping camera and other gadgets I just bought december last year worth a million naira and my hard disk containing vital files and documents, my cloths, bags books everything burnt down. In such distress and worry, I was asking how manage? The landlord just came in and said I must repair the room and re paint this room since I kept my gas cylinder inside my room as well as cooking inside, I replied him in anger, that this is not what he should be saying, that am thinking of my School documents, he is here talking of a repainted room, For sure, I wasn't cooking neighther did I on any gas, he said I was challenging him that he will deal with me and I said he can not do anything.

Then he called the Police, they came and picked me up and kept me behined counter since 8am till 5pm yesterday after transfering the case from the 1st station which is area command. This was done after series of calls from NYSC officials of the Local Government Area. We have written statements, Neighbors who witnessed the whole scene said that, it was an electrical fault, that even while there was no light in the building, if they switch off there sockets, the red indicator will still be beeping showing an atom of electrical current and that my gas cylinder that was close to my door was well switched off when they brought it out. I was granted bail and asked to report on monday for interview. I went back to my room to see again if I could rescue anything, but in wonder and pains, I was asking myself, what actually happened that this room could burn all my properties so fast. While we were in the room with my neigbors, they were giving me facts, they even said that the landlord called an electrician to come and disconnect my own room light from that of the general building when I was in station. Hmmmm, just then, the landlord came again to say that I am not suppose to enter the room because investigation is still on, that in fact, why should they release me without his conscent. I told him, that I called the D.C.O and seeked his opinion to no if am allowed and he said since the I.P.O and others have come to investigate the matter, and Pictures have been taken, I can enter the room. The landlord requested that I should send back everything inside the room, on seeing that I brought some cloths out, he wanted to be sympathetic, and asked me if I need any cloth from my bag, I said, there is nothing rescued yet, I took everything inside. He said, in fact that he is disappointed at the police station and the police handling the case, that he is going to call the state command. I had to relax knowing fully well that am a Man with God and a strong Heart. A neighbor (fellow corps member) prepared food and I ate and left to sleep in the family house instructing them, to keep an eye on the room. They later called me to say that he invited a carpenter to lock the room. I thankGod for my life 1st because if I had been in that room that night sleeping, who knows? I also thankGod that it started early that morning because the gate keeper, Landlord's sister who usually locks gate @ 10:pm and open it @ 6:am came to open the gate around 6:am as usual alerted everybody especially her brother the landlord, when she noticed smoke coming out from my window. God is indeed faithful that this thing happened this way. This is just January (2016) and my God is showing me such mercy, I call on your assistance in any way to see to my problems. Its indeed the beginning of greatness for me, that's my story.

29 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by yorex2011: 9:36pm On Feb 05, 2016
cry cry

I'm really sorry for your loss bro

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by dkronicle(m): 9:40pm On Feb 05, 2016
Ehya.. God will provide for you

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by Elosky20: 9:45pm On Feb 05, 2016
people can be wicked o

4 Likes

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by fbtowner(m): 9:52pm On Feb 05, 2016
God is your strength bro.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by Flashh: 9:53pm On Feb 06, 2016
sadsadsad

6 Likes

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by Abbeyunique2(m): 9:53pm On Feb 06, 2016
oshey op, well scripted like wale Adenuga super story. op will make a good career in fiction writting.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by ladyF(f): 9:54pm On Feb 06, 2016
So sorry for your loss. God will restore everything that the fire has destroyed. cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 06, 2016
The problem with Nigerians, they never bother with Terms and Conditions. If you had smoothed this out during the Rental talks, it could have been avoided.

Although, I agree your Landlord is a Douchebag, it was your ignorance that led to thiS. SO, OP, stop whining, you deserve more, next time smoothen out your deals better.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 06, 2016
This is serious.

1 Like

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by DICKtator: 9:54pm On Feb 06, 2016
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by Nobody: 9:55pm On Feb 06, 2016
Hmm.

2 Likes

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by brunofarad(m): 9:55pm On Feb 06, 2016
Pathetic

Sorry bro

Such is life, a sinusoidal wave pattern

6 Likes

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by damilareoye: 9:55pm On Feb 06, 2016
shocked

1 Like

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by Sunbassen(m): 9:55pm On Feb 06, 2016
It is well bro...God will replenish lost items in multiple folds.

3 Likes

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by sunnyuche1(m): 9:55pm On Feb 06, 2016
I sympathize with you. so sorry for the lost embarassedb

1 Like

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by Flashh: 9:55pm On Feb 06, 2016

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by hezy4real01(m): 9:56pm On Feb 06, 2016
Wow that's some bullshit....... Speed recovery in Jesus name

3 Likes

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by VickyRotex(f): 9:56pm On Feb 06, 2016
cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by crackhouse(m): 9:56pm On Feb 06, 2016
1mili?

1 Like

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by Nobody: 9:56pm On Feb 06, 2016
You shouldn't have challenge him

i know you were furious so was him

4 Likes

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by shammah1(m): 9:56pm On Feb 06, 2016
Wonders! shocked

1 Like

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by techmart(m): 9:57pm On Feb 06, 2016
sorry blawd

1 Like

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by winkmart: 9:57pm On Feb 06, 2016
I DON'T BELIEVE THIS STORY, DOESN'T SOUND TRUE

3 Likes

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by R0LL0N(m): 9:57pm On Feb 06, 2016
Sorry brother may d lord restore all what u have lost in multiple folds

1 Like

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by Millz404(m): 9:57pm On Feb 06, 2016
Mehn sorry o... I nearly cry for u

1 Like

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by bislab(m): 9:58pm On Feb 06, 2016
sddd
Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by outflank: 9:58pm On Feb 06, 2016
sorry for your loss, bro.

1 Like

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by Dammiesugar(f): 9:59pm On Feb 06, 2016
Awww! pls take heart @op, God knows best and he will definitely open new doors for you soon. As for the Landlord, hmmmm anyway God will judge him.

1 Like

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by amunkita(m): 9:59pm On Feb 06, 2016
Fire wey burn come leave the cable wey u connect for that socket must be an Uwa Mmebi fire...

Broz, take heart.
Soon u will smile...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 06, 2016
Too bad

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soldier Brutalizes Edo Corper For Leaving Parade Ground During POP Rehearsals / Here Is When NYSC 2017 Batch A Stream II Is Going To Camp / Corper Stacy Nwokocha Buried In Her Uniform (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.