Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,657 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

Central Bank Prints 240 Billion Naira. Interest Rate Crashes. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Central Bank Prints 240 Billion Naira. Interest Rate Crashes. (1079 Views)

CBN On Fire - No Fire Scare At Central Bank Of Nigeria - Confirmed Reports / Keystone Bank Sold To A Nigerian Investors For 25 Billion Naira / What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Central Bank Prints 240 Billion Naira. Interest Rate Crashes. by oluwalfa: 12:25am On Feb 06, 2016
LAGOS Feb 5 (Reuters) - Nigeria's interbank rate eased on Friday to an average of 0.5 percent for overnight lending, down from to 1.25 last week, supported by ample naira liquidity.

The central bank injected around 240 billion naira ($1.21 billion) in matured open market operation (OMO) treasury bills and refunds on cash reserves to some banks on Thursday, boosting liquidity and forcing down the cost of borrowing among banks.

As of Wednesday, commercial lenders had a combined credit balance with the central bank of 312 billion naira, and liquidity was expected to rise further with the funds from the retired bill and refunds from the surplus cash deposited for forex purchases.

The secured Open Buy Back (OBB) also fell to 0.50 percent from 1 percent last week.

Nigeria's interbank rate mirrors the level of naira cash liquidity in the banking system.

"We see rates rising marginally early next week because anticipated sales of OMO bills by the central bank to mop up excess liquidity in the system," one dealer said. ($1 = 198.0000 naira) (Reporting by Oludare Mayowa, editing by Larry King)

http://af.reuters.com/article/nigeriaNews/idAFL8N15K35T
Re: Central Bank Prints 240 Billion Naira. Interest Rate Crashes. by oluwalfa: 12:25am On Feb 06, 2016
The Zoo is slowly killing itself

1 Like

Re: Central Bank Prints 240 Billion Naira. Interest Rate Crashes. by Rich4god(m): 12:37am On Feb 06, 2016
How much dem go share give me....
Re: Central Bank Prints 240 Billion Naira. Interest Rate Crashes. by Nobody: 12:40am On Feb 06, 2016
oluwalfa:
when the godz are already filled with IWEka road onitsha, GIno TOMATO (you) and MIlo TEA (me) should be able to decode via MYTv that the case of the zoo equals that of OSISIKANWU
in other words, via agara chaa must come back, the zoo must fall
my goodness me

1 Like

Re: Central Bank Prints 240 Billion Naira. Interest Rate Crashes. by GworoChewinMaga: 12:53am On Feb 06, 2016
The economy is in desperate need for some cash stimulus.

But too much of everything they say is a bad thing.
Re: Central Bank Prints 240 Billion Naira. Interest Rate Crashes. by Pidggin(f): 12:56am On Feb 06, 2016
Buharinomics
Re: Central Bank Prints 240 Billion Naira. Interest Rate Crashes. by Phame: 1:09am On Feb 06, 2016
Economist in the house, put me through. All economic index and their explanation de hard me to swallow.
Re: Central Bank Prints 240 Billion Naira. Interest Rate Crashes. by Nobody: 3:23am On Feb 06, 2016
Mugabe-Economics introduced in Nigeria as Buharinomics

It is definitely not looking goo for Nigeria, if our economic takes the Zimbabwe route

I don't know the wisdom in printing money when we are a net-importer as a Nation but time shall tell
Re: Central Bank Prints 240 Billion Naira. Interest Rate Crashes. by Amberon: 3:33am On Feb 06, 2016
shocked
Re: Central Bank Prints 240 Billion Naira. Interest Rate Crashes. by tsdarkside(m): 3:33am On Feb 06, 2016
oluwalfa:

first you said,devalue the naira,nau you saying another thing..why cant you people keep off nigerias matters??...
Re: Central Bank Prints 240 Billion Naira. Interest Rate Crashes. by GANDALF1(m): 8:22am On Feb 06, 2016
oluwalfa:

LAGOS Feb 5 (Reuters) - Nigeria's interbank rate eased on Friday to an average of 0.5 percent for overnight lending, down from to 1.25 last week, supported by ample naira liquidity.

The central bank injected around 240 billion naira ($1.21 billion) in matured open market operation (OMO) treasury bills and refunds on cash reserves to some banks on Thursday, boosting liquidity and forcing down the cost of borrowing among banks.

As of Wednesday, commercial lenders had a combined credit balance with the central bank of 312 billion naira, and liquidity was expected to rise further with the funds from the retired bill and refunds from the surplus cash deposited for forex purchases.

The secured Open Buy Back (OBB) also fell to 0.50 percent from 1 percent last week.

Nigeria's interbank rate mirrors the level of naira cash liquidity in the banking system.

"We see rates rising marginally early next week because anticipated sales of OMO bills by the central bank to mop up excess liquidity in the system," one dealer said. ($1 = 198.0000 naira) (Reporting by Oludare Mayowa, editing by Larry King)

http://af.reuters.com/article/nigeriaNews/idAFL8N15K35T

IF YOU ARE NOT A BIG ILLITERATE, THEN YOU SHOULD KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PRINTING MONEY AND OPEN MARKET OPERATIONS. GET A LIFE

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Get Original Palm Oil / Help! A Graduate Is Dying / We Provide Constant Power Supply To Your Houses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.