Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Lagos Airport Runway Needs Urgent Repairs? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Airport Runway Needs Urgent Repairs? (1438 Views)

Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters / The Man Who Caused A Scare At The Lagos Airport Today Pictured / See What Was Seen At The Lagos Airport Today (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Airport Runway Needs Urgent Repairs? by Hunter(m): 11:15pm On Nov 09, 2005
I've been hearing rumours that lagos airport's runway is needing urgent repairs and can't handle 747 traffic at the time being and that British airways is using a 767 which has far less compacity, thus compramising seat avalability. Is there any truth behind this rumour as I have some members of family flying from london to lagos that would be on british airways.
Re: Lagos Airport Runway Needs Urgent Repairs? by Oracle(m): 4:04am On Nov 11, 2005
I think they've commenced repairs on
the Runway.
Re: Lagos Airport Runway Needs Urgent Repairs? by Hunter(m): 7:03am On Nov 11, 2005
any eta, I heard tuesday next week shocked
Re: Lagos Airport Runway Needs Urgent Repairs? by cheechako(m): 4:16pm On Nov 26, 2005
I am sure the runway's will be repaired, but, will the International Airplanes, such as the one I flew recently on Alitalia finally make it to the Scrapheap? I have flown all over and it seems the planes that fly here are on their last leg/wing. Something should be done before we have a disaster. The Alitalia plane I was on had no services working in the back(aft)half of the plane, such as lights, music, help button. The seats were falling apart as was some of the interior on the sides by the windows. Did not look too promising. I wonder what, if any, maintanence is done at all on the planes flown to and from Africa?

(1) (Reply)

News About Tinapa / Nigerian, German Wife Shot By Landlord In Germany / The World’s Most Expensive Cities For Business Travel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.