Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,218 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

News About Tinapa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / News About Tinapa (1438 Views)

The Tinapa Project Is So Stupid. / Pls Cost Of Lodging At Obudu Ranch/tinapa / Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

News About Tinapa by ubamu2029: 3:19pm On Jul 01, 2007
we don't hear anything about it anymore. has tinapa become another

Re: News About Tinapa by Topsido(m): 5:45pm On Jul 01, 2007
Too early to judge but its like am afraid you might be close to it.
Re: News About Tinapa by Constantin: 6:38pm On Jul 01, 2007
topsido, Bleep yourself up dirty son of a motherfucking bitch girl porteuese du Sida!

TINAPA IS WORKING AND IT IS WORKING WELL YOU DIRTS MOTHERFUCKING NAIJA HATERS Bleep YOU ALL MOTHERFUCKING BAD ASSHOLES LICKING YOUR FINGERS WHEN NATIONS ARE FUCKERSW FUCKING PETITS IDIOTS GET YOURSELF Bleep UP!
Re: News About Tinapa by nguage(m): 6:41pm On Jul 01, 2007
why is constanti cursin, another internet gagsta?
Re: News About Tinapa by ubamu2029: 6:59pm On Jul 01, 2007
Topsido:

Too early to judge but its like am afraid you might be close to it.

topsido,

don't just let me grab my gun. i will start shooting.

Re: News About Tinapa by nguage(m): 9:42pm On Jul 01, 2007
@Ubamu2029 U must be retarded, does a serial killer like Cho come into healthy jokes?

Dont lets judge tinapa yet, fine boy is a good christian, abi na so I hear
Re: News About Tinapa by ubamu2029: 9:50pm On Jul 01, 2007
n-guage:

@Ubamu2029 You must be retarded, does a serial killer like Cho come into healthy jokes?

Dont lets judge tinapa yet, fine boy is a good christian, abi na so I hear

n-guage,

you are a real minus. ignoramus!
Re: News About Tinapa by nguage(m): 9:52pm On Jul 01, 2007
why dont you admit you were wrong. If any of your relatives were involved, you wont crack jokes with it
Re: News About Tinapa by GNature(m): 4:08am On Jul 02, 2007
Constantin:

topsido, mess yourself up dirty son of a motherfucking bitch girl porteuese du Sida!

TINAPA IS WORKING AND IT IS WORKING WELL YOU DIRTS MOTHERFUCKING NAIJA HATERS Bleep YOU ALL MOTHERFUCKING BAD ASSHOLES LICKING YOUR FINGERS WHEN NATIONS ARE FUCKERSW FUCKING PETITS IDIOTS GET YOURSELF Bleep UP!

Chill out oooh my brother. Don't give yourself a heart attack.

@topic

It is going to take time for the project to reach its full potential. The beautiful Dubai took 15 years to manifest into what it is today. Now, the UAE generates more money from tourism than it does from oil !

If properly managed, Tinapa has the potential of generating billions of naira in revenue for Cross River State as well as providing employment for the masses. But the right hands must be on deck as far as its management is concerned. We are not there yet, but we will get there.
Re: News About Tinapa by initiator(m): 7:57am On Jul 02, 2007
But its true ooo. Fact is the momentum is falling. If this project becomes 1 of those white elephants it'll be a shame but i pray it does not. I guess more expertraites should be brought in.
Re: News About Tinapa by PapaBrowne(m): 8:51pm On Jul 02, 2007
Since Duke left, I haven't heard much.All the hype is gone.I hope it doesn't go down!!
Re: News About Tinapa by babasin(m): 10:44pm On Jul 02, 2007
this is Nigeria!

Alscon in Ikot-Abasi was much more promising, where ist today!

TINAPA, I am afriad is dead on arrival.

We dont see the larger picture;

1. foreigner are only interested in Nigeria's oil & gas

2. Nigerians in naija too poor to on tourism; no middle class

3. The few rich ones would rather go London/NY

sad shocked sad
Re: News About Tinapa by Hero(m): 11:04pm On Jul 02, 2007
You guys are too damn inpatient, and obviously don't read the damn news. The place just helled a International conference on the future of the African film industry, an event in which thousands of folks of around the continent and from film industries from Asia, South America as well as Hollywood attended, and it went very smoothly, and the visitors loved the new resort. But guess what, the place is not even finished yet, only the ((1st)) phase of the massive ((5)) phase project has been completed thus far and that occurred just late last year or earlier this year. The place is doing great and is developing as scheduled. You'all forget that this and many other mega projects that are now going on in Nigeria today are not wholly or in some cases--- not at all financed by the Nigerian government but rather by consortium's in which private organizations put up the majority share of funds and manage the majority share of the project and or the entire thing, while the government owns none or very little.

It isn't like the old days anymore, the government has learned its lesson is now trying to back out of big business ventures, while rapidly turning the economy over to the private institutions who have the experience and fortitude to run it properly as the government simply sits back and dose as they are supposed to. That's provide the conducive environment for commercial, educational, agricultural, tourist, and industrial growth for these companies and the citizens to benefit from. The government has no business in big business.
Re: News About Tinapa by Topsido(m): 4:29pm On Jul 03, 2007
Constatin and Ubai, u 2 must be political thugs. My advice for you, get a life, duds!
I like Duke a lot and i think he would hav heard about white elephant before. He sure wont wanna b one.
Re: News About Tinapa by Hero(m): 7:28pm On Jul 03, 2007
Topsido:

Constatin and Ubai, you to must be political thugs. My advice for you, get a life, duds!
I like Duke a lot and i think he would hav heard about white elephant before. He sure wont want to b one.

Absolutely, man.
Re: News About Tinapa by babasin(m): 9:18pm On Jul 03, 2007
The place just helled a International conference on the future of the African film industry, an event in which thousands of folks of around the continent and from film industries from Asia, South America as well as Hollywood attended, and it went very smoothly, and the visitors loved the new resort

where is this news? even on Tinapa webpage, there is nothing about this?

And how many of such conf will be needed per year o really attract visitors?

Point: Develop your ordinary infrastructure; schools for your children, water for your people; allow your cictizen to enjoy; geninue news will spread. instead of build castle in the air.
Re: News About Tinapa by Hero(m): 1:06am On Jul 04, 2007
babasin:

where is this news? even on Tinapa webpage, there is nothing about this?

And how many of such conf will be needed per year o really attract visitors?

Point: Develop your ordinary infrastructure; schools for your children, water for your people; allow your cictizen to enjoy; geninue news will spread. instead of build castle in the air.

What corporations do with their money is there business. The vast majority of the funds spent by the government in that state has gone toward schools, roads and other infrastructural improvement projects. The state is possibly the fastest developing state in the union beyond the FCT. It's rapidly turning into the overwhelming hub of the nation's emerging tourism industry, and one should not underestimate the economic power of tourism, in which even states here in the US cater to heavily--- in that it provides them with a large chunk of their annual GNP. Florida, Hawaii, Alaska, California and Nevada come to mind immediately,  in that tourism plays a huge part in the profiteering elements of their economies.

I'll try to find the article about the conference.

(1) (Reply)

K1 Visa Approved. / Cheap Flight Ticket To Berlin, Germany / The Country You Hate Most Out And You Don't Advice Anybody To Go To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.