Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:01 AM

Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife (52971 Views)

Fayose Greeting Ooni Ogunwusi At Abuja Airport / Oshiomhole's Chief-of-staff, Patrick Obahiagbon Stoned By Angry Protesters / Biafrans Are Freedom Fighters; Fani Kayode Comes Hard On Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by mikolo80: 11:35pm On Feb 06, 2016
Adaowerri111:
Can't this man speak/write English??
can't you read it?
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by mikolo80: 11:36pm On Feb 06, 2016
kingjaja23:
Is that latin?? that is Latin.
Lol he translates English words to latin and adds suffixes to them to sound legit!
all English words. dictionary (not abridged o) is your friend
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by mikolo80: 11:38pm On Feb 06, 2016
Elnino4ladies:
And this man expect me to understand this embordiment of dynaminc english?..smh
no he doesn't
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by Babaken(m): 11:50pm On Feb 06, 2016
Can this man repeat what he just said right here if you ask him to
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 12:44am On Feb 07, 2016
So bottom line, did he say that it was a bad idea or a good one because all this grammar can give somebody brain aneurysm.
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by totorimi: 5:26am On Feb 07, 2016
When it comes to culture and respect I give it 100% to the yorubas, I don't know about the hausas but I can bet if this were to be in IBO land and a former president comes to greet the new and younger igwe if he will humble himself in this way.
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by 1kinggy(m): 8:08am On Feb 07, 2016
datigbogirl:

Do you know that apart from Ibadan's land mass & population...d power tussle between Alaafin and d late Olubadan was creating tension to the point of making Ibadan a state.

Land mass and population might be a valid point but to say because of supremacy tussle, you need to create another state undecided

And why should Ibadan contest supremacy with Oyo? Our history is muddled up and pushed to the background to the serving interest of greedy politicians.
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by Olamipapa(m): 8:20am On Feb 07, 2016
howardriddle:
He has done this before ooo. This man must be arrested for conter-blasting English

The man is too diderrichii in nature.
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by MummyTehillah(f): 9:33am On Feb 07, 2016
Who send me to try read am, the kind headache wwy dey worry me no be here. I no read again.
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by danbrowndmf(m): 9:41am On Feb 07, 2016
Donariok:
An accident occurred today, 11 were
injured, 12 died so the minister of health
says he has to offer #5000 to the injured and
#6,000,000 to the dead for their funeral, one
of the injured got up an laid where the dead
were ;one of the dead said my dear go back
to that place no bring wahala dey have
counted us oh... hahahaha
LMAOOOOOOOO. I swear this is funny. Make i go post am for my FB.
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 10:46am On Feb 07, 2016
danbrowndmf:
LMAOOOOOOOO. I swear this is funny. Make i go post am for my FB.

no wahala.

check www.donariok.mywapblog.com

for more
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by danbrowndmf(m): 1:08pm On Feb 07, 2016
Donariok:

no wahala.
check www.donariok.mywapblog.com
for more
Alright.Thanks man.
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by Mendelssohn(m): 1:16pm On Feb 07, 2016
[He miss used the Latin word consensus ad idem...it literally means coming together of heads which also means agreement. A single person can't say he consensus ad idem..but two or more parties only can.

How else do we expect you to assimilate better when you cannot even write "misused" correctly.?
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by datigbogirl: 7:33pm On Feb 07, 2016
1kinggy:

Land mass and population might be a valid point but to say because of supremacy tussle, you need to create another state undecided

And why should Ibadan contest supremacy with Oyo? Our history is muddled up and pushed to the background to the serving interest of greedy politicians.

Incase you don't know Modakeke went to war with Ife even though they were said to be settlers...It was because of battle for supremacy dat resulted in dat war....ds is a known fact that makes me fight for self - determination and separation...dats a no brained.
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by oye9ja(m): 5:02pm On Feb 08, 2016
sunnyeinstein:

Bros u be bad belle o, all because u sha want d guy to make mistake ehn.

In as much as he spews rubbish, he still uses those borrowed words accurately. He said he is in agreement with obasanjo in respecting the ooni throne, so therefore we have two people who agree on on subject, therefore his use of "consensus ad idem" is CORRECT!

BROS If u check d article wella, u go c say consensus ad idem was misused...wetin b my own sef. if u no agree, continue, thou we ase not perfect.

consensus ad idem means coming together of heads which also means agreement.
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by oye9ja(m): 5:05pm On Feb 08, 2016
Dhotseal:

Actually, that Latin expression means 'meeting of the minds'. More like an agreement.

So the honourable is correct in saying "I am ad idem with him..."

He simply meant that he is in perfect agreement with Obasanjo, who believes that the Ooni is in a class of his own.

meeting of minds and meeting of heads, whats the difference. the mind is located in the head (well thats a debate which no one has concluded the location of the mind. i have a book coming out soon which will be titled mind: head or heart)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) / All Smiles! Buhari And Osinbajo Step Out In White Outfits. Photos / Gunmen Shoot At Pius Odubu In Auchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.