Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) (52835 Views)

INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll / Tribunal Accepts Bvas Reports Showing Over-voting Against Adeleke / Osun Tribunal Verdict: Adeleke’s Lawyers Move To Get Certificate Of Return.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by Penguin2: 9:51pm On Jan 27, 2023
The lead judgment of the Osun Tribunal was hinged on over voting.

But what did the 2022 Electoral Act say about over voting?

Read the provision of the Electoral Act on over voting as captured in section 51 and decide for yourself if justice was truly served in Osun or not.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by dat9jaguy(m): 9:57pm On Jan 27, 2023
Penguin2:

Read the provision of the Electoral Act on over voting as captured in section 51 and decide for yourself if justice was truly served in Osun or not.

Nlfpmod
Mynd44
Fergie001
Garfield1
Kyase

Go and sue or better still join Adeleke's legal team, no come disturb us here with your mental masturbation.

178 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by fergie001: 10:00pm On Jan 27, 2023
See, the Tribunal Chairman based his evidence on the BVAS report which is a secomdary evidence rather than the primary evidence, the machine itself.

What about the voter's register.... Useless to Justice Kume.

One of two things will happen at the Appeal Court, either it is upturned or a retrial will be ordered but since there is no time, it should be upturned.

It is funny....just take a look at the majority judgement and tell me you wouldn't laugh.

Ejimatic

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by Kyase(m): 10:03pm On Jan 27, 2023
Penguin2:

Nlfpmod
Mynd44
Fergie001
Garfield1
Kyase

Go read section 136

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by alsudan: 10:04pm On Jan 27, 2023
Embarrassed to share same State with Justice Tertsea.

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by Lalar27: 10:10pm On Jan 27, 2023
This is what am saying concerning the presidential election.
Nigeria politics is like a cacus if the want you to join their group they will let you join if they don't want you you can never join no Matter how popular or influential you think you are.
Yes obi is a good candidate for the president seat but he can never beat asiwaju this election. Lai lai it will never be possible.
Peter obi is just like a church rat in front of Tinubu when it come to politics
Tinubu is more powerful Among the politicians
Tinubu will surely win the election take it or leave it

175 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by Penguin2: 10:16pm On Jan 27, 2023
fergie001:
See, the Tribunal Chairman based his evidence on the BVAS report which is a secomdary evidence rather than the primary evidence, the machine itself.

One of two things will happen at the Appeal Court, either it is upturned or a retrial will be ordered but since there is no time, it should be upturned.

It is funny....just take a look at the majority judgement and tell me you wouldn't laugh.

When I saw the “Go lo lo lo” and “Buga won” references, it dawned on me that the judgment was written and given to Justice Kume to read.

I cannot, and will never believe, that a Judge who is from Benue and does not understand Yoruba, will be making reference to a Yoruba line in a song in the most trivial of manners for a case as serious as the mandate of the generality of Osun people.

I’m ashamed that something like this can still happen now, when we thought our judiciary was beginning to get things right.

I’m no longer surprised how Akpabio and APC governorship candidate in Akwa Ibom got their judgments.

169 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by Papichulostunne(m): 10:20pm On Jan 27, 2023
Mtchew.!! Witches and wizards in the APC. The case will go to appeal court.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by fergie001: 10:20pm On Jan 27, 2023
Penguin2:

When I saw the “Go lo lo lo” and “Buga won” references, it dawned on me that the judgment was written and given to Justice Kume to read.

I cannot, and will never believe, that a Judge who is from Benue and does not understand Yoruba, will be making reference to a Yoruba line in a song in the most trivial of manners for a case as serious as the mandate of the generality of Osun people.

I’m ashamed that something like this can still happen now, when we thought our judiciary was beginning to get things right.

I’m no longer surprised how Akpabio and APC governorship candidate in Akwa Ibom got their judgments.
We will see what happens in the higher Courts.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by LegendHero(m): 10:25pm On Jan 27, 2023
Penguin2:

All this you stated is INEC guideline itself, I don’t think it is binding on the court decision.

That is what INEC should have done themselves so don’t conflict the two.

You can see they are mentioning the presiding officer and etc. Check your screenshot well.

provisions of subsections (2) and (3) the Commission may, if satisfied that the result of the election will not substantially be affected by voting in the area where the election is cancelled, direct that a return of the election be made.

INEC the commission already declared their result. How this one take concern the court and the judgement at hand?

102 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by Penguin2: 10:27pm On Jan 27, 2023
Kyase:

Go read section 56,57 & 58

Here’s your sections 56, 57 & 58…

Now, tell me how it validates the Osun Tribunal ruling.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by ejimatic: 10:31pm On Jan 27, 2023
fergie001:

. I have perused the judgement and the only thing that is funny there is "lo lo lo Buga win' Apart from that the judgement is in order. Oyetola went to court to prove overvoting and non compliance with electoral laws. The majority judges were fully convinced that he proved his case beyond the reasonable doubt. The electoral laws state that in a case there are overvoting and non compliance all the results in the affected polling units must be cancelled. In my opinion it was INEC that created issues in the Osun election by issuance of CTC results of the election that contained overvoting and irregularities. As for the forgery the TB confirmed forgery but claimed Adeleke still has o level result though it certicate is questionable for nobody will issue certificate for a result with F9 all round. APC will challenge this forgery conclusion at the AC and the entire minority judgement too.

40 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by Kyase(m): 10:33pm On Jan 27, 2023
Penguin2:

Here’s your sections 56, 57 & 58…

Now, tell me how it validates the Osun Tribunal ruling.

Check it out

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by adesola89: 10:34pm On Jan 27, 2023
What happened to the sections you mentioned? Do they relate to over voting? See the attached
Kyase:

Go read section 56,57 & 58

7 Likes

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by LegendHero(m): 10:34pm On Jan 27, 2023
ejimatic:
. I have perused the judgement and the only thing that is funny there is "lo lo lo Buga win' Apart from that the judgement is in order. Oyetola went to court to prove overvoting and non compliance with electoral laws. The majority judges were fully convinced that he proved his case beyond the reasonable doubt. The electoral laws state that in a case there are overvoting and non compliance all the results in the affected polling units must be cancelled. In my opinion it was INEC that created issues in the Osun election by issuance of CTC results of the election that contained overvoting and irregularities. As for the forgery the TB confirmed forgery but claimed Adeleke still has o level result though it certicate is questionable for nobody will issue certificate for a result with F9 all round. APC will challenge this forgery conclusion at the AC and the entire minority judgement too.

This is exactly what I said in my comment up there.

INEC should have done Justice to this before declaring winner and that is what the amended law says.

So I don’t know why OP is citing a law that is not even the bone of contention when INEC should have already did that before getting to court.

Law talk say make INEC themselves cancel in area where there is over voting. INEC no do anything, declare winner, and Oyetole took them to court.

Tsefini.

128 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by fergie001: 10:34pm On Jan 27, 2023
LegendHero:

All this you stated is INEC guideline itself, I don’t think it is binding on the court decision.

Listen the 1999 Constitution and indeed the Supreme Court have said in very many decided cases that INEC reserves the rights to issue guidelines provided it doesn't controvert the Electoral Act itself.

Why do you need a voter's register as part of your accreditation? Don't you know it is in INEC guidelines and not a product of the Electoral Act? In the Electoral Act 2010, voter's register was the fulcrum of accreditation whilst BVAS was in the guidelines, in this new Act, it is different.

Accreditation is a product of the BVAS machine and not the report. Since INEC issued a report and issued another updated one, on what premise did the 'learned' Justice Kume accept the first and throw away the second?

Refusal to attach the voter's register in itself is questionable or don't you use it during voting?

What the tribunal is saying is that since Voter's Register isn't needed for over-voting, it should likewise not be needed for accreditation...Isn't it?

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by fergie001: 10:35pm On Jan 27, 2023
ejimatic:
Have you read the minority judgement, No?
You based your assertion on the majority....hmm.

4 Likes

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by adesola89: 10:35pm On Jan 27, 2023
It is the electoral act and not INEC guideline. It is binded on the court
LegendHero:

You can see they are mentioning the presiding officer and etc. Check your screenshot well.

INEC the commission already declared their result. How this one take concern the court and the judgement at hand?

3 Likes

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by ejimatic: 10:36pm On Jan 27, 2023
Penguin2:

Nlfpmod
Mynd44
Fergie001
Garfield1
Kyase
. The TB reserves the right to adjudicate on an election matter, cancel result. and return winner on behalf of INEC especially where there is no possiblity of rerun after manipulated results have been cancelled.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by christejames(m): 10:37pm On Jan 27, 2023
fergie001:

Just imagine the rubbish a self acclaimed judge wrote as his Judgement 😔...

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by garfield1: 10:38pm On Jan 27, 2023
Penguin2:

Nlfpmod
Mynd44
Fergie001
Garfield1
Kyase

Check section 136 subsection 3

2 Likes

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by fergie001: 10:39pm On Jan 27, 2023
garfield1:

Check section 136 subsection 3

“It is remarkable to note that the petitioners did not controvert the exhibit RBVR series and the report of physical inspection, that exhibit RWC, they stand unchallenged and I so hold.

“Exhibit RWC is a document made from the time resources which are the machines used on the Election Day. The exhibit on RWC are in existence and were there on the machine date of election. Section 64 sub 4,5 and 6 of the electoral act recognized BVAS machines itself as a key material to be used in collation of result and in resolution of any dispute arising therefrom.

“The petitioners are not saying that the entries on exhibit RBVM series which is the machine itself are not same as the entries in exhibit RWC, their grouse is that since exhibit RWC came from the same first respondent it will be not be allowed to stand in view of the discrepancies of figures in them via-a-vis the entries.

“In view of the following I hold that exhibit BVR is a product of inadequacies and can not be the best evidence for the determination of the accurate number of accredited voters on 16th July 2022 election. The same is true of exhibit RBVR the best evidence to that regard is RBVL, 1-119 down to RBVL 1-59 used in the polling units under contest and I so hold.

“Voters register can’t be ruled out.”

Excerpts of the minority judgement!

15 Likes

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by MrColdsweat: 10:39pm On Jan 27, 2023
For a candidate to nullify the votes of an opposition in his stronghold, all he has to do is to overvote.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by garfield1: 10:40pm On Jan 27, 2023
fergie001:

Fergie001, this is childish and low na.was your moniker hacked?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by ejimatic: 10:41pm On Jan 27, 2023
fergie001:

Have you read the minority judgement, No?
You based your assertion on the majority....hmm.
. The minority judgement claimed Adeleke results should be used not the the results issued to Oyetola by INEC with CTC written on it.How would the decision be to Nigerians? INEC issued a result and ratified it. The body represented by Anaba SAN even agreed that there were overvoting in 1539 polling units. Who would reject the CTC results from INEC? Can syncronization fill in the vacuum? Is syncronization in our electoral laws? The majority judgement is in order.My opinion anyway!

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by fergie001: 10:42pm On Jan 27, 2023
garfield1:
this is childish and low na.was your moniker hacked?
childish indeed!

Did I write the majority judgement?

8 Likes

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by ejimatic: 10:43pm On Jan 27, 2023
LegendHero:

This is exactly what I said in my comment up there.

INEC should have done Justice to this before declaring winner and that is what the amended law says.

So I don’t know why OP is citing a law that is not even the bone of contention when INEC should have already did that before getting to court.

Law talk say make INEC themselves cancel in area where there is over voting. INEC no do anything, declare winner, and Oyetole took them to court.

Tsefini.
The Court empowered by the law carried out the justice without favour or fair!

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by fergie001: 10:44pm On Jan 27, 2023
ejimatic:
. The minority judgement claimed Adeleke results should be used not the the results issued to Oyetola by INEC with CTC written on it.How would the decision be to Nigerians? INEC issues a result and ratified it. The body rekeented by Anaba SAN even agreed that there were overvoting I. 1539 polling units. Who would reject the CTC results from INEC? Can syncronization fill in the vacuum? Is syncronization in our electoral laws? The majority judgement is in order.My opinion anyway!
This is wrong, how did you get that from this judgement?.
Wait, let me ask you... Do you think this is the first time INEC report has been disputed?

I will send you 3 Supreme Court judgements but try to read this;

Start with this one on SCR

Edward Nkwegu Okereke V. Nweze David Umah & 2 Ors

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by NothingDoMe: 10:45pm On Jan 27, 2023
Penguin2:

You're 💯 correct. Both parties were affected by over voting. In the end Supreme Court will order a rerun.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by Kyase(m): 10:51pm On Jan 27, 2023
adesola89:
What happened to the sections you mentioned? Do they relate to over voting? See the attached

Mistake

Check it out

3 Likes

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by NothingDoMe: 10:53pm On Jan 27, 2023
fergie001:

Lol @ go lo lo lo buga won🤣🤣🤣
Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by Winters23: 10:54pm On Jan 27, 2023
shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tinubu, Osinbajo And Governor Akeredolu Visit Scene Of Owo Church Attack / Yahaya Bello Stands On Vehicle To Maintain Order At APC Convention (Video) / James Bala Ngilari Jailed For 5 Years For Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.