Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,230 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Kenyan President Attends Wedding Of Couple Who Met Through Facebook. Photos - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenyan President Attends Wedding Of Couple Who Met Through Facebook. Photos (29143 Views)

Robert Mugabe Attends Graduation Ceremony At Open University Amid Army Takeover / Hillary Clinton Attends Wedding Wearing Agbada (LOOK) / Kenyan Air Hostess Exposed Begging For Sex, Money From A Client (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenyan President Attends Wedding Of Couple Who Met Through Facebook. Photos by dainformant(m): 1:05pm On Feb 06, 2016
The power of social media can never be underestimated -as confirmed in this story once again. President Uhuru Kenyatta of Kenya, was present today at a wedding ceremony between two citizens from different tribes -Chemeli Chumo and Kevin Oduor. The couple met through Facebook, according to Chemeli (the bride). Below is what she said on her website;

Kevin and I met on a mutual friends wall on Facebook in 2009 ( Social media - Changing lives since the new millennium! ) I met him in person a few weeks later when another mutual friend brought him over to my house for drinks.( I wonder if that was a coincidence. We were just friends and travel buddies for a long time until we decided to 'give it a try'. Kevin proposed on my birthday in May 2015 over dinner and I was rendered,for the first time, completely speechless.There were lots of tears.Tears of joy.

http://www.nationalhelm.com/2016/02/kenyan-president-attends-wedding-of.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenyan President Attends Wedding Of Couple Who Met Through Facebook. Photos by CastedDude: 1:07pm On Feb 06, 2016
make sense

1 Like

Re: Kenyan President Attends Wedding Of Couple Who Met Through Facebook. Photos by Akkord4gov: 1:11pm On Feb 06, 2016
This could be us prettymina tongue
Buhari too must attend as nairaland couple grin

11 Likes

Re: Kenyan President Attends Wedding Of Couple Who Met Through Facebook. Photos by Xposer: 1:14pm On Feb 06, 2016
and some girls go dey form on Facebook..smh..... una beta pass this people?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyan President Attends Wedding Of Couple Who Met Through Facebook. Photos by Nobody: 1:21pm On Feb 06, 2016
Why wasn't Mark Zuckerberg invited too?

5 Likes

Re: Kenyan President Attends Wedding Of Couple Who Met Through Facebook. Photos by Xposer: 1:39pm On Feb 06, 2016
Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44 cum n c

1 Like

Re: Kenyan President Attends Wedding Of Couple Who Met Through Facebook. Photos by CastedDude: 1:40pm On Feb 06, 2016
abi
aaronson:

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan President Attends Wedding Of Couple Who Met Through Facebook. Photos by jmichlins(m): 1:52pm On Feb 06, 2016
Make people with ear hear. When i say hello today, reply asap cause it may turn to "i do'

11 Likes

Re: Kenyan President Attends Wedding Of Couple Who Met Through Facebook. Photos by MrsOgbajee: 2:27pm On Feb 06, 2016
How is this news in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan President Attends Wedding Of Couple Who Met Through Facebook. Photos by vosquare: 2:28pm On Feb 06, 2016
grin grin

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kenyan President Attends Wedding Of Couple Who Met Through Facebook. Photos by Nobody: 2:29pm On Feb 06, 2016
Imagine me go marry girl were I meet for badoo, I don take my hand kill my self be that !

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyan President Attends Wedding Of Couple Who Met Through Facebook. Photos by Mystery007(m): 2:29pm On Feb 06, 2016
Nice

1 Like

Re: Kenyan President Attends Wedding Of Couple Who Met Through Facebook. Photos by Nobody: 2:29pm On Feb 06, 2016
nice of hm to attend...cute couple

1 Like

Re: Kenyan President Attends Wedding Of Couple Who Met Through Facebook. Photos by Jnrbayerno(m): 2:30pm On Feb 06, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: Kenyan President Attends Wedding Of Couple Who Met Through Facebook. Photos by Nobody: 2:32pm On Feb 06, 2016
I thought I was the only one reading my comment until my church but the lesson was about to start in this fishing pool no snake was about to see her off if not why did they allow Kim karadashian to sing in the opening ceremony of deeper life am not if my sister carried my mum when she was a baby but Buhari should allow boko haram teach us how to preach the gospel why then did the devil allow the rice to sell at the market oh no am rushing to toilet to find out why the ATM did not allow obsanjo to withdraw his money after defecating at the football viewing centre am not happy with her because she flirts like a the man who was mourning her dead wife at the UTME exam centre of which he eat amala on top of his OMR sheet..

3 Likes

Re: Kenyan President Attends Wedding Of Couple Who Met Through Facebook. Photos by gilly007: 2:32pm On Feb 06, 2016
Nice Mr president
Re: Kenyan President Attends Wedding Of Couple Who Met Through Facebook. Photos by Dyt(f): 2:33pm On Feb 06, 2016
Love can be found anywhere
I found mine on NL

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan President Attends Wedding Of Couple Who Met Through Facebook. Photos by happney65: 2:35pm On Feb 06, 2016
Love can be found anywhere..A friend found he's wife on Glo Africhat and they are happily married today with a Kid..No big deal

1 Like

Re: Kenyan President Attends Wedding Of Couple Who Met Through Facebook. Photos by 1zynnvn(m): 2:36pm On Feb 06, 2016
I just love this Uhuru guy

3 Likes

Re: Kenyan President Attends Wedding Of Couple Who Met Through Facebook. Photos by Senorita123(f): 2:37pm On Feb 06, 2016
Lacomus:
Imagine me go marry girl were I meet for badoo, I don take my hand kill my self be that !
Dat Badoo is another sodom and Gomorrah. So full of crazy flirts and oloshos..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyan President Attends Wedding Of Couple Who Met Through Facebook. Photos by emperorchedda(m): 2:41pm On Feb 06, 2016
Lesson to all those silly girls that write 'I don't reply pm'. Real love can be found anywhere, that guy on NL might just be better than that dude in your street you're drooling over

Stop forming shiit!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyan President Attends Wedding Of Couple Who Met Through Facebook. Photos by azubaby(f): 2:41pm On Feb 06, 2016
aaronson:

The Kenya President attended most probably because he knows either d bride or d groom or both and not because d couple met 2ru facebook. I think we are more wasteful than these other African nations, any wedding in Naija that can attract d presence of d President must b damn expensive, at least judging frm d pics.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyan President Attends Wedding Of Couple Who Met Through Facebook. Photos by docmoses(m): 2:42pm On Feb 06, 2016
I'm happy to be a year older today, please join me to celebrate!! (gifts are allowed too )

14 Likes

Re: Kenyan President Attends Wedding Of Couple Who Met Through Facebook. Photos by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 06, 2016
I met my sweet Aminah on 2go 4 years ago, and today, it's history.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kenyan President Attends Wedding Of Couple Who Met Through Facebook. Photos by JAZES(m): 2:46pm On Feb 06, 2016
Dyt:
Love can be found anywhere
I found mine on NL

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yes thanks to seun that brought u and I together thru this forum....... kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan President Attends Wedding Of Couple Who Met Through Facebook. Photos by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 06, 2016
azubaby:

The Kenya President attended most probably because he knows either d bride or d groom or both and not because d couple met 2ru facebook. I think we are more wasteful than these other African nations, any wedding in Naija that can attract d presence of d President must b damn expensive, at least judging frm d pics.
i wish our naija babes could learn from this....the wedding is so simple and nice....not wasting 2million naira on Hall alone...with other expensesx you are close to 5 million cos u wanna marry.....

Joor Eloping till take over

1 Like

Re: Kenyan President Attends Wedding Of Couple Who Met Through Facebook. Photos by mccoy47(m): 2:51pm On Feb 06, 2016
Lesson learnt;
For the girls;- Always reply DMs.. (you knw urselfs angry )
For the guys;- Keep husltling grin

4 Likes

Re: Kenyan President Attends Wedding Of Couple Who Met Through Facebook. Photos by takenadoh: 2:53pm On Feb 06, 2016
Anti Social Media. Bill
Re: Kenyan President Attends Wedding Of Couple Who Met Through Facebook. Photos by Dyt(f): 2:56pm On Feb 06, 2016
JAZES:

Yes thanks to seun that brought u and I together thru this forum....... kiss kiss kiss

Do I know you?
undecided undecided

Afin

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan President Attends Wedding Of Couple Who Met Through Facebook. Photos by azubaby(f): 3:01pm On Feb 06, 2016
kallmemrB:
i wish our naija babes could learn from this....the wedding is so simple and nice....not wasting 2million naira on Hall alone...with other expensesx you are close to 5 million cos u wanna marry.....

Joor Eloping till take over

N5m? I tell u no Naija wedding that has d President in attendance wil cost less than N20m

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership / Operation Trojan Shield: 800 Arrested In Staggering Global Encrypted Phone Sting / US Orders Embassy Staff To Leave Chad As Rebels Near Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.