Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog (12113 Views)

Steps To Take Before Creating A Website - Techknowng.com / Total Cost In Creating A Blog / 10 Things Nigerians Search On Google (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog by Nobody: 3:42pm On Feb 06, 2016
Wadraj:
Hustle for Banana Island is real, mehn!

cheesy cheesy cheesy

BTW check my signature grin
Re: 10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog by chibuzor05(m): 3:53pm On Feb 06, 2016
All correct...
Re: 10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 06, 2016
Will you eat genetically colored Fruits and Vegetables?

Here are the facts; before the 17th century, almost all cultivated carrots were purple.The modern day orange carrot wasn’t cultivated until the late 16th century.
Today, scientist are working on developing fruits and vegetables with mixed colors and flavors. Can you imagine tomatoes that taste like lemon? Orange that tastee like pineapple or even sweet peppers? More at www.stepupwithme.com

Re: 10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog by Dajugba: 4:02pm On Feb 06, 2016
Anyone can help me with little details of what is a forum site and a blog?
Re: 10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog by logadims: 4:48pm On Feb 06, 2016
Mediapace:
Have you ever been wanting to be a blogger,These are the things you need to know to be a successful blogger without stress:

1.You need social media accounts :
At least,you need an account for facebook and twitter if you did not have the other ones,you can easily share your topics to earn you much traffic and people around the world can also gain interest in your website
if you give them nice hyperlinks

2.You must be a very good writter :
Your writting skills must be adorable to be a blogger,If you don't know how to write good contents with correct english,i will encourage you to go and learn it or maybe your problem is that you hate writting,i will encourage you to gain some interest because Copy and paste don't work much again unlike before

3.You must have at least a personal email account and most preferably Google mail : An email account is one of the most essential tools to have and why google is most preferable is that you may need a blogger account,you may need google adsense in future,youtube e.t.c.
You users may also want to contact you through electronic mail

4.You must learn to always stay active and online :
You have to be online days and night if you are willing to be a blogger especially those in the aspect of entertainment & celebrities gists,any celeb can buy a new car or house at anytime lols

5.You need money :
If you had ever been told that blogging is free,false. YOU NEED MONEY!
These are Examples of things you need money for:

* Pay admins
*Buy New themes
*buy domain name
*host your website and lot more

6.You need to learn little on php,css e.t.c. codes :
If you employ a designer for your blog and you think you are free to go,you are absolutely wrong!
The person you employ may even sell your blog to another person without even knowing,if you don't know about php,you may not even be able to suggest new features for your blog

7.Be ready to take insults most time :
Don't think your viewers will credit your actions all day,most of the time you will be insulted and replying them with abusive words will not help,learn to be patient and tolerant

8.Learn to praise what other members work :
your may want your blog to have forum characters like guest posting,if so you must praise them for sparing their time creating topics for you with joyous words like you are the most helpful,keep it up,we apppreciate your efforts e.t.c.

9.Read about the history of the engine you want to use :
There are some blog creating engines that are not reputable and reliable,if you work with them,they may just chop your money and in a matter of days their website will be offline,try finding out the history advantages & disadvantages of the engine

webmasters add the remaining.

Source: http://mediapace.wapka.mobi/forum2_theme_112572675.xhtml?tema=3

I'll like to have your contact details? I really want to start up a blog but don't know how to go about it. Please send Your mobile number to my mail box. Logadims@mail..com
Re: 10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog by Mediapace: 5:03pm On Feb 06, 2016
Let us use email,that is more better,send me an email
logadims:
I'll like to have your contact details? I really want to start up a blog but don't know how to go about it. Please send Your mobile number to my mail box. Logadims@mail..com
Re: 10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog by JackBizzle: 5:10pm On Feb 06, 2016
Mediapace:
You may be mistaken,for instance, if you need an alternative counter,you will need to do so.
Those counter owners may even input an adcode into it that will display in it without your consent

I have set my own website myself.

Everything was done by me. Installed wordpress. Installed a theme. Customized the theme. No code. End
Re: 10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog by JackBizzle: 5:11pm On Feb 06, 2016
D34lw4p:

You are wrong bro! If you dont have atleast few knowledge of the afore mentioned? Have you forgoten about Styling where you work with html color codes? What if some error occured due to plugins issue and it needs you to edit the php codes?

Uninstall all plugins.

Reset themes.

I have never used one single line of code on wordpress.
Re: 10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog by logadims: 5:12pm On Feb 06, 2016
Mediapace:
Let us use email,that is more better,send me an email
don't you think spending time to talk will be better?
Re: 10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog by JackBizzle: 5:14pm On Feb 06, 2016
Secretario:

What do you mean by that?

Have not heard of customisation?

Yawn.

You customize your wordpress theme without codes. The colour scheme, the menus, etc

Premium wordpress themes have page builders and so no need for code.
Re: 10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog by cyberwaver(m): 5:16pm On Feb 06, 2016
Re: 10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog by Mediapace: 5:17pm On Feb 06, 2016
JackBizzle:

I have set my own website myself.

Everything was done by me. Installed wordpress. Installed a theme. Customized the theme. No code. End
you will still need it,let us see
Re: 10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog by Mediapace: 5:18pm On Feb 06, 2016
It will cost airtime
logadims:
don't you think spending time to talk will be better?
Re: 10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog by logadims: 5:22pm On Feb 06, 2016
Mediapace:
It will cost airtime
its still the best option.
Re: 10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog by ifyan(m): 5:28pm On Feb 06, 2016
ITbomb:

Yes, you really must stay online almost all the time and join many forums and groups

Click here to See the latest cheap data plan for all networks to help you stay connected without draining your pockets, some plans are almost free, like the MTN free 450 mb weekly

I am a blogger. But my problem is how to drive in traffic.

Can you help me out.
Re: 10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog by ifyan(m): 5:33pm On Feb 06, 2016
AkumahTalk:
You don't need to have a site admin or pay anything to anyone to create and run your blog. Setting up your blog on content management systems like Wordpress is as easy as using Microsoft Word. You choose your hosting platform (ipage is good) and pay for a plan. If you're confused on what you want, you can chat with an ipage customer care agent that'll provide the necessary support to guide you. Plus its cheap as hell. I spent a total of about USD33.87 (about NGN6,000) before the Naira apocalypse. You also don't need coding skills at least for a basic design and layout. Only ensure that your blog design is clean and appealing (white space is good for readability). Remember its all about your content. Don't plagiarize or copy and paste. Originality is golden.

I started my blog on the 12th of Sept 2015. I use Wordpress as my CMS and ipage for hosting and I can't complain. It's been buttery smooth so far. My niche is on IT strategy development for SMEs (post on Mondays) and IT career advisory (post on Fridays). Check my signature for a link to my blog.

PS: I don't copy and paste, "never have, never will"

www.techbusiness101.com

Hello l have been blogging since May last year but my problem here is how to drive in traffic.
Re: 10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog by logadims: 5:43pm On Feb 06, 2016
Mediapace:
It will cost airtime
just send me your number, forget about the airtime whale.
Re: 10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog by Jinf: 5:45pm On Feb 06, 2016
Aminat508:
Nice one @Op cheesy

Hey.. nice blog. What's your whatsapp digit? Lets talk
Re: 10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog by Omolola1(f): 5:52pm On Feb 06, 2016
Nice one?@Op

I am a blogger and trust me, it's not easy buying ads and driving traffic especially with this hard economic melt down of ours sad

I also design websites for organizations and individuals

my blog URL is www.lolaville.com
Re: 10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog by Mediapace: 5:57pm On Feb 06, 2016
You've gat a nice blog bae,what alexa rank is your blog?
Omolola1:
Nice one?@Op

I am a blogger and trust me, it's not easy buying ads and driving traffic especially with this hard economic melt down of ours sad

I also design websites for organizations and individuals

my blog URL is www.lolaville.com
Re: 10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog by Omolola1(f): 6:00pm On Feb 06, 2016
Mediapace:
You've gat a nice blog bae,what alexa rank is your blog?

Thanks dear
4millionplus, was 5 two weeks ago
Just started out fully though
Re: 10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog by ewizard1: 6:05pm On Feb 06, 2016
Following. I need learn one or two things!

I have always love Wordpress but Blogger is just easy to work on for me.

Anyone i can pally with to help me with some WP blog. Changing from Blogger to WP soon. smiley
Re: 10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog by Nobody: 6:07pm On Feb 06, 2016
JackBizzle:

Yawn.

You customize your wordpress theme without codes. The colour scheme, the menus, etc

Premium wordpress themes have page builders and so no need for code.

i will not join words wuith you.

you are obviously not a developer.

even in the almighty NEWSPAPER theme, i still had to code some lines.

Ignorance is not bliss!
Re: 10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog by Mediapace: 6:12pm On Feb 06, 2016
Don't mind the alexa rank,just work on your site.
Omolola1:

Thanks dear
Re: 10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog by ewizard1: 6:22pm On Feb 06, 2016
Omolola1:

Thanks dear
Love the simple mobile site. The way the content is listed. Easy to read.
Re: 10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog by Otokpa22(m): 6:23pm On Feb 06, 2016
Alkumatalk, please let's ch@t on 08069243346

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog by dan2090: 6:27pm On Feb 06, 2016
Please someone explain this point 1 very well, especially what an hyperlink is, Thanks.

"1.You need social media accounts :
At least,you need an account for facebook and twitter if you did not have the other ones,you can easily share your topics to earn you much traffic and people around the world can also gain interest in your website
if you give them nice hyperlinks "
Re: 10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog by Omolola1(f): 6:29pm On Feb 06, 2016
ewizard1:

Love the simple mobile site. The way the content is listed. Easy to read.

Thanks dear
Re: 10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog by ewizard1: 6:31pm On Feb 06, 2016
dan2090:
Please someone explain this point 1 very well, especially what an hyperlink is, Thanks.

"1.You need social media accounts :
if you give them nice hyperlinks "
I think... You need to create Social Media account that would bear same name with the blog name. So you can share your content with your friends on the social media.

Stand to be corrected tho! wink
Re: 10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog by dan2090: 6:42pm On Feb 06, 2016
ewizard1:

I think... You need to create Social Media account that would bear same name with the blog name. So you can share your content with your friends on the social media.

Stand to be corrected tho! wink

thanks!
Re: 10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog by JackBizzle: 7:10pm On Feb 06, 2016
Secretario:

i will not join words wuith you.

you are obviously not a developer.

even in the almighty NEWSPAPER theme, i still had to code some lines.

Ignorance is not bliss!

See this one. Technology has left you. I built 2 sites last year on wordpress.

And yes, I am not a developer. Any fool can design a wordpress blog.

The most downloaded premium blog theme is smartmag theme. It requires no coding to set up a world class blog.

Page builder works like a charm.
Re: 10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog by JackBizzle: 7:12pm On Feb 06, 2016
Mediapace:

you will still need it,let us see

never grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Good Web Design Services in Nigeria? / Nairaland Trends On Twitter...check Out Comments / How To Activate Airtel 4.5gb For N1000: Get 1.5gb Data + Free 3gb Youtube Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.