Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Please Help I'm Not In A Good State Of Mind - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help I'm Not In A Good State Of Mind (3079 Views)

Deleted / I'm Not A Big Fan Of ssex! Am I Normal? / Please Help, I'm About To Be Homeless! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help I'm Not In A Good State Of Mind by princesca: 4:11pm On Feb 06, 2016
Good day nairalanders
Re: Please Help I'm Not In A Good State Of Mind by Nobody: 4:18pm On Feb 06, 2016
I understand you have no financial support to walk away from his hell of a marriage thus I STRONGLY advice you to report to the authorities. Do something before he KILLS you.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help I'm Not In A Good State Of Mind by Nobody: 4:23pm On Feb 06, 2016
I'm sorry about your sorrow. Marriage is not a do or die affair. Gone are those days, but I can't call ur hubby a monster because I've not heard his own side of the story. If you can't stand the heat, stay outta the kitchen

1 Like

Re: Please Help I'm Not In A Good State Of Mind by princesca: 4:24pm On Feb 06, 2016
Thank you for your advice may God bless you
Re: Please Help I'm Not In A Good State Of Mind by 4nobody4every1: 4:44pm On Feb 06, 2016
double post.
Re: Please Help I'm Not In A Good State Of Mind by 4nobody4every1: 4:44pm On Feb 06, 2016
Have you tried contacting his church or priest, family members or anybody close to him to talk sense into his head because from your narrative he seems not to have an iota of respect or regard for you ... you better act fast before we start hearing stories that touches the heart, Domestic violence seems to be rampart this days...

2 Likes

Re: Please Help I'm Not In A Good State Of Mind by yvelchstores(f): 4:57pm On Feb 06, 2016
Because of ur safety, pls leave the house. U need to be alive to care for your sons. I didnt say leave urmarriage, I said leave ur house. Stay far.this I think shld be d first step.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help I'm Not In A Good State Of Mind by thorpido(m): 4:59pm On Feb 06, 2016
Try to get a job first.Get some financial independence.
The way things are now,I don't think any lady should get married without having a source of income first.

Begin to think of where you can move to in the next few weeks..........your parents' or siblings' place.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help I'm Not In A Good State Of Mind by PresVA: 5:01pm On Feb 06, 2016
Nawa ooo cry cry cry cry embarassed

Leave that house ma, you'll survive somehow! Go to your parent's house.. you must find something doing....

Can't believe what I read...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help I'm Not In A Good State Of Mind by angelTI(f): 5:07pm On Feb 06, 2016
Ha, not again!!!!

1 Like

Re: Please Help I'm Not In A Good State Of Mind by pretydiva(f): 5:24pm On Feb 06, 2016
Feel so sorry 4 u after reading ur post cry..pls u need to be alive 4 ur kids. Just move away from him b4 he kills u,remember ur health.

Marriage these days is not a do or die affair. U will be fine..u can stay wit ur mom 4 d time been,b4 ur financially buoyant. No man is worth ur tears

5 Likes

Re: Please Help I'm Not In A Good State Of Mind by Momcherry(f): 5:33pm On Feb 06, 2016
Op I understand how you feel. I wont advice u to leave ur marriage but right now u need ur sanity..give urself a break. what u need to do is leave that house. Go to your mom's..she's your mother she won't send u out of her home. Spend some time there say like a week or two and think of the next step to take. Most importantly pray hard.

May the Lord help u get a job quickly.

1 Like

Re: Please Help I'm Not In A Good State Of Mind by mummyf(f): 6:03pm On Feb 06, 2016
So sorry abt the beatings. Get a job or biz to do. He will learn to respect you.if you do this and he still maltreats you then its time to move on.

1 Like

Re: Please Help I'm Not In A Good State Of Mind by Dyt(f): 6:38pm On Feb 06, 2016
Where are the prayer and fasting crew

Pls come out ooo

If I talk my mind now, they will come after me like bee
It is well oo

2 Likes

Re: Please Help I'm Not In A Good State Of Mind by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 06, 2016
Is your mum aware of how close to death that you are from these beatings
Coupled with your heart condition does she know how easy it is to loose you during/after a beating?
If not I suggest that you let her know the enormity of what is going on ASAP.

No sane parent will choose a marriage over their kids life, so I am suggesting to you that you pack your kids and yourself and go to your mothers house.
It will yield one of 2 things; your hubby to get his senses back when he realises how close he is to loosing you and the shame of the world knowing he is a wife beater . . . . . .OR . . . . .he leaves you there at your mothers place which will therefore show you how little you are worth to him. At least you will know for a fact then.

If you however insist on staying, then since you say he respects everyone else but you, then get his family members and his religious leader involved.
I dont like the idea of reporting to employers, but if he works for a one man business and the boss is a responsible, wise and mature and decent man, then you can have a word with him too.....but only as a last last resort.

Really first things first, you should remove yourself from danger. Thats what I will advise my own sister if she was in this situation.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help I'm Not In A Good State Of Mind by princesca: 7:04pm On Feb 06, 2016
You have all spoken well
Re: Please Help I'm Not In A Good State Of Mind by Saraha1(f): 7:10pm On Feb 06, 2016
My sister at this point ,you have only one option pending when your husband will come back to his sense( pack out fast)
Am sure you read about a lawyer who killed her husband early this month?
Am very sure the wife had being a troubesome person in the past to the husband, yet the husband keep coming back home to the wife , with the mind that she will change.
Those kids you are talking about , will live their life if your husband eventually kill you( you shall not die but live )
Please in the name of God leave that house for the main time till your husband get his sanity back.

1 Like

Re: Please Help I'm Not In A Good State Of Mind by InformedLola(f): 7:52pm On Feb 06, 2016
Your husband deserves to die; should I help you do it?

On a more serious note leave that animal (now, that's even an insult to animals) before he kills you. But make sure you report him to the authorities....call DSVRT on 112 or 08137960048; they provide help for domestic violence victims.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help I'm Not In A Good State Of Mind by TheArchangel(f): 8:31pm On Feb 06, 2016
Where do you live? Tell me where I can meet your husband one on one. Time to settle the score, he needs to be beaten shitless to reset his brain cell.
I do not care who caused which, ......

But,
He respect everybody but you...,what prompted that?
What's your diagnosis concerning the heart related problems you are facing?

2 Likes

Re: Please Help I'm Not In A Good State Of Mind by princesca: 8:44pm On Feb 06, 2016
Thanks[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Please Help I'm Not In A Good State Of Mind by freshvine(f): 9:06pm On Feb 06, 2016
Report him to the civil authority and have him sign undertaking or restraining orders never to hit you again. Make a copy of your medical condition report and attach it with his undertaking you file with the police.

After then, look him in the face and tell him the next time he hit you, he will be explaining to the justice system why he's trying to terminate your life.

When you tow this line don't make it seem someone is advising you but decision you took for safety measures ooo

4 Likes

Re: Please Help I'm Not In A Good State Of Mind by TiffanyJ(f): 10:10pm On Feb 06, 2016
If this is the princesca I know, she is a fighter. Don't give up, keep praying and focus your attention now on your boys. I pray your husband realises too late.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help I'm Not In A Good State Of Mind by nnamdiosu(m): 11:50pm On Feb 06, 2016
princesca:
Thank you for your advice may God bless you

SWEET HEART I UNDERSTAND HOW YOU FEEL. BUT HONESTY THE TRUTH IS...IF ALL YOU ARE SAYING IS TRUE THEN YOU OUGHT TO KNOW THAT THIS IS A SPIRITUAL ISSUE. FIRST OF ALL WAS HE LIKE THIS WHEN YOU GUYS FIRST MARRIED? IF NO THEN...... SOMETHING IS WRONG SOMWHERE.
Jesus is the only one that can help you...the best anyone here can do (including me) is too advice you. but only can can DELIVER YOU.

SECONDLY, DOES HE OR YOU GUYS ATTEND CHURCH/ IF YES TALK TO UR PASTOR ABOUT IT. YOU NEED TO TALK IT OUT OR ELSE...UR ENEMY WILL DIE IT OUT. MESSAGE ME PRIVATELY SO WE CAN TALK. GOD WILL SEE YOU TRUE IJN. AMEN
Re: Please Help I'm Not In A Good State Of Mind by temi4fash(m): 6:28am On Feb 07, 2016
U better get out of that house if you still like your life

2 Likes

Re: Please Help I'm Not In A Good State Of Mind by GodnGold: 6:46am On Feb 07, 2016
Hey sister,"many have gone,drive safely"
Have you ever read that on high way?
Now,you better go and look for what will make you happy.
Watch carton with your kids if you have any, (I do looney tunes with mine...daffy is my favourite character)
Go out,find friends,make friends,laugh,breath in but don't walk away.
Most importantly,your husband's phone is like an underwear smeared with diarrhea infested stool,do not touch it,go near it and the sound of his ringtone for an incoming call should not cross your ear hole...if you want to live forever young.
Mind your business,take care of yourself and stop calling wahala that is not there.
Haba!you are not the only woman going through stress,but we pray and ask the good Lord to help us grind hard,GRIND hard baby.
Cheers!
Re: Please Help I'm Not In A Good State Of Mind by Miami11: 6:49am On Feb 07, 2016
You have to leave this marriage immediately

2 Likes

Re: Please Help I'm Not In A Good State Of Mind by GodnGold: 6:54am On Feb 07, 2016
As an aside,find a new interest,you know all that love you have for oga,carry am give this guy that I know...JESUS.
Overlook all these things.
Try and get involved with your kids more.
But do not disrespect him.
God will be the one to fight for you and when God be for a man,oh!
You don't need a human to fight for you.
God will,God will start by healing your heart,giving you a job,and every other good thing will just be at your feet and you will want to scream,dance like David, jump,pull your curtains...
Give this over to God and just watch...
Re: Please Help I'm Not In A Good State Of Mind by Pidggin(f): 7:21am On Feb 07, 2016
Madam, is there any reason why you chose to be a house wife instead of being an industrious wife? Now see your predicament.

Use Google to research shelter homes for women in your situation and location, move there for now. Your life is in danger, you need to let people around you know about what is going on

1 Like

Re: Please Help I'm Not In A Good State Of Mind by cococandy(f): 8:12am On Feb 07, 2016
Feels like you enjoy being a victim.
Deep down you know what you have to do.
Someone with heart condition taking those near death beatings.
Are you a baby that you have to be told to go before you know you should leave?

If you prefer, those who will tell you to keep praying, submit some more, respect his girlfriends and try not to push him into beating you are coming.
In the end you'll still be there, more miserable than ever.

You know getting away from him is your best and most reasonable option. Depends on what you want. Pity or solution.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help I'm Not In A Good State Of Mind by byvan03: 8:35am On Feb 07, 2016
You know you don't want to leave, yet you admitted that you insulted him which made him beat you. Do you enjoy these beatings or what? All I can say is love yourself, have a sense of self preservation and most importantly get a means of livelihood no matter how little. Nothing is worth dying for....LOVE YOURSELF!!!

Please don't add to the statistics of "Dievorced" women, save your life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help I'm Not In A Good State Of Mind by EfemenaXY: 10:53am On Feb 07, 2016
byvan03:
You know you don't want to leave, yet you admitted that you insulted him which made him beat you. Do you enjoy these beatings or what? All I can say is love yourself, have a sense of self preservation and most importantly get a means of livelihood no matter how little. Nothing is worth dying for....LOVE YOURSELF!!!

Please don't add to the statistics of "Dievorced" women, save your life.

cococandy:
Feels like you enjoy being a victim.
Deep down you know what you have to do.
Someone with heart condition taking those near death beatings.
Are you a baby that you have to be told to go before you know you should leave?
If you prefer, those who will tell you to keep praying, submit some more, respect his girlfriends and try not to push him into beating you are coming.
In the end you'll still be there, more miserable than ever.
You know getting away from him is your best and most reasonable option. Depends on what you want. Pity or solution.

The thread is a joke.

The level of detail she went into to describe the beatings says a lot in itself.

1 Like

Re: Please Help I'm Not In A Good State Of Mind by smadalove(f): 11:22am On Feb 07, 2016
It s beta u plan with sumbody outside to collect moni from em since e loves an outsider...n pack back to ur Modas aus.. It s beta to live n av hope Sumthin beta s cumin Dan e shld beat you to death...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lord! WHY DO Black People Have So Much Kids For? / My Life,my Mistakes,not Your Business...really? / I Am Tired Of Living With This Broke Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.