Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,157 members, 7,849,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:14 AM

Fresh Military Delivery - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fresh Military Delivery (4588 Views)

Airforce To Recruit Fresh Military School Leavers -channels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fresh Military Delivery by Missy89(f): 6:13pm On Feb 06, 2016
CSTR2:
And how sure are you that Nigeria would not be engaged in any continental dispute with an african military power? There is nothing certain about the world today.
Nigerians in 1999 would not believe if they were told that a terrorist group like bokoharam would rise and claim thousands of lives in 2010-2015.
Nigerians in the 70s and 80s would also never have thought in their wildest dreams that they would ever lose the bakkassi peninsula to cameroon. The world is uncertain.
Btw, your country is also in the running for the UN permanent seat alongside egypt and southafrica regardless of how realistic that is. I am sure you know they don't give such to military sissies.

Dont be ridiculous. The 5 powers will NEVER agree to anyone else having a permanent sit.

Bakkassi was not lost because Nigeria military couldn't not defend the territorial integrity of the place. It was awarded to Cameroon in a court.In fact, It was occupied by the army and they had to withdraw after the settlement was reached at the international courts.

Any international engagements will be shared with other nation states like it was done in Mali where we provide troops and France provided air power. As for a full blown conflict involving Nigeria in the region, that is highly unlikely. And if it happens, Nigeria have parity if not superiority to her immediate neighbors at the moment. I am all for having latest tech but no point starting an unnecessary arms race when there is no money to spare.
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by EVarn(m): 6:15pm On Feb 06, 2016
IbnSultaan:
FRESH DELIVERY: Weaponised Mi-17 or Mi-171Sh
Terminator? Other Advance weapon system are expected including JF17s multi role fighter planes, MI-35m helicopter ,10 Super
Mushak trainer aircraft. So also government is doing all it can to boast local development of essential military requirements
We have been expecting and speculating about a possible delivery of JF-17s since early 2015.What assurance do you have that these weapons are going to be delivered?,our country doesnt seem to be serious.
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by CSTR2: 6:15pm On Feb 06, 2016
Kastonkastroll:
From time immemorial we have always been a defensive minded nation, go figure.
Defensively minded dosen't stop you from having an offensive bite.
How would you defend when you don't have the capacity to attack? Attack is sometimes the best form of defence.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Military Delivery by vedaxcool(m): 6:17pm On Feb 06, 2016
CSTR2:
Egypt is a very pecuilar case. It has been misgoverned and their people made very wrong choices in leaders.
Which is why algeria is my most formidable, A sensible nation living within its means but heavily armed. Even ethiopia is another sensible nation.
Heavily armed and productive.

In our condition we cannot afford such heavy armaments like Ethiopia and Algeria.
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by CSTR2: 6:24pm On Feb 06, 2016
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by chudionu58(f): 6:27pm On Feb 06, 2016
Dasuki's procurement steadily being delivered!

1 Like

Re: Fresh Military Delivery by obasiken: 6:30pm On Feb 06, 2016
Which government paid for this? GEJ OR PMB. Cos dasuki said more equipment will be delivered with time.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Military Delivery by Kastonkastroll(m): 6:43pm On Feb 06, 2016
CSTR2:
How would you defend when you don't have the capacity to attack? Attack is sometimes the best form of defence.
CSTR2:
Yeah attack is always the best form of defence. My problem with your first comment was when you mentioned 2_squadrons. 2 squadrons is virtually like 70 figher jets ie, the f-22, rafale, su-35 of this world. If you heard known that we are strictly a defensive minded nation, you won't have compared our military formation with that of Egypt.
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by Nobody: 6:44pm On Feb 06, 2016
CSTR2:
Not good enough. Even the chinese the owners of the jet don't use it as their front line fighter.
Mediocrity has finished Nigeria.
What will it cost Nigeria to get with rosonboron exports of russia and get some sweet su-34 deal of atleast 2 squadrons and a gradual payment plan.?

what will it cost us to buy all u mentioned? Doubt if u reside in Nigeria. We have 80% of our federal roads in shambles and our earnings from oil in its lowest in recent history. I prefer we invest in basic infracstructure and education to investing into state of the art millitary equipment. We are only fighting insurgency and millitancy...wars that wont even exist if we have our infracstructure and education in place. I dont think we plan to wage war against any organized army in near futute so why spend our meagre earning accumulating equipments we wont have need for soon..
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by CSTR2: 6:50pm On Feb 06, 2016
Nalikedis:
what will it cost us to buy all u mentioned? Doubt if u reside in Nigeria. We have 80% of our federal roads in shambles and our earnings from oil in its lowest in recent history. I prefer we invest in basic infracstructure and education to investing into state of the art millitary equipment. We are only fighting insurgency and millitancy...wars that wont even exist if we have our infracstructure and education in place. I dont think we plan to wage war against any organized army in near futute so why spend our meagre earning accumulating equipments we wont have need for soon..
There is no reason why we can't do both.
$2.1 Billion stolen by dasuki would get you a great deal of high-tech hardware. Nigeria can do both.
It is just a question of cerebral governance.

2 Likes

Re: Fresh Military Delivery by Nobody: 6:54pm On Feb 06, 2016
CSTR2:
Not good enough. Even the chinese the owners of the jet don't use it as their front line fighter.
Mediocrity has finished Nigeria.
What will it cost Nigeria to get with rosonboron exports of russia and get some sweet su-34 deal of atleast 2 squadrons and a gradual payment plan.?

You just go about online blabbing bullsh1t after bullsh1t.

Do you even know what a front-line fighter is, and what to Chinese field?
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by illmatic101(m): 6:54pm On Feb 06, 2016
Missy89:

The security situation in North Africa and West Africa are quite different. What will Nigeria be doing with 2 squadrons of Fighter jets?

Is this suppose to be a question or what? angry
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by CSTR2: 6:57pm On Feb 06, 2016
Henry240:

You just go about online blabbing bullsh1t after bullsh1t.

Do you even know what a front-line fighter is, and what to Chinese field?
Pease humour me.
What does the chinese field as their main fighter? The jf-17?
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by EVarn(m): 7:00pm On Feb 06, 2016
CSTR2:
Egypt just signed a deal for atleast 2 squadrons of french rafale,while Nigeria is busy dilly-dallying over a couple of crappy helos.
Pathetic. undecided
Thank you my brother,we want to be a member of the prestigious UNSC,yet we have no military that can sustain peace in Africa and project power abroad,either through fear or force.
Egypt can easily annex Nigeria in just 2 weeks.We have no deterrence,yet heavyweights like Algeria and Egypt have their borders bearly 2000km away from our national boundary.
Imagine if Muammar Gadaffi was still alive,he would have most probably thrown his weight behind BH's islamic separatist agenda,and guess what?,Libya's military might would have swept us into the very swollen belly of the raging atlantic ocean.
Remember,Gadaffi canvassed for the summary separation and disintegration of Nigeria into two states based on religious configuration.
Nigerian leaders are so clueless and ignorant.

2 Likes

Re: Fresh Military Delivery by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 06, 2016
CSTR2:
Pease humour me. What does the chinese field as their main fighter? The jf-17?
Sure i would humour you.

The Chinese field the J-11 as their frontline fighter.

The J-10 is replacing the J-7 as the bulk of the Chinese fighter fleet.

They do not field the JF-17 at all!
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by CSTR2: 7:08pm On Feb 06, 2016
Henry240:

Sure i would humour you.

The Chinese field the J-11 as their frontline fighter.

The J-10 is replacing the J-7 as the bulk of the Chinese fighter fleet.

They do not field the JF-17 at all!
Even proves my point vividly.
They don't field their own jet.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Military Delivery by Nobody: 7:13pm On Feb 06, 2016
CSTR2:

My point is, you first have to know what you're talking about before blabbling about fokkol!

"Why would the Chinese field the JF-17 when they are currently inducting more advanced J-10s?".

I want you to tell us why you think the JF-17 is crap?
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by EVarn(m): 7:15pm On Feb 06, 2016
IbnSultaan:

Egypt operates Africa best air fleet with Rafales and F16s
thanks to America support due to the peace deal with Israel
And this means that we should not pay serious attention to our national security because the US isnt ready to sponsor us?.Egypt's F16s are nothing more than skeletons; stripped of their advanced avionics and sophisticated metawares,if Nigeria can acquire just 50 SU-30(20)+SU-35(10)+YAK-150(20) along with air defence missiles and a few hundred T80U and T90 tanks,then we can defend ourselves against any African country.
Nigeria shouldnt be content with mediocrity.

3 Likes

Re: Fresh Military Delivery by Cannonleo(m): 7:16pm On Feb 06, 2016
CSTR2:
dude the jf 17 is a joint between partnership pakistan and china, the paks have more of the rights to it and so to burst your bubble the airbase in shinziang has jf 17s on standby so they field it in secondary roles
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by EVarn(m): 7:18pm On Feb 06, 2016
IbnSultaan:
JF17 enroute NGR
Attach your source.
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by EVarn(m): 7:37pm On Feb 06, 2016
Missy89:

The security situation in North Africa and West Africa are quite different. What will Nigeria be doing with 2 squadrons of Fighter jets?
What is angola doing with SU30s?,What was South Africa thinking when it acquired gripens and 3 submarines?,What is algeria planning to do with over 500 T90 tanks and why are they acquiring license to assemble more?,What is Egypt doing with mistral class warships?,Could they all be plotting treachery and hatching anarchy?.
DEFENCE AND POWER PROJECTION!!,that is what all those stockpiles are for,must we be at war before we start thinking of arming ourself?.We are poised to become the 10th largest economy in the known world and the 4th biggest population by 2040,are we going to protect these prestigious indexes without an airforce?,without tanks?.
Nigeria is the only country where airforce pilots have to strap on talisman and conjure spiritual enchantments just because our aircrafts dont even have armour to protect them from bullets!.

2 Likes

Re: Fresh Military Delivery by EVarn(m): 7:46pm On Feb 06, 2016
vedaxcool:

Isn't it more pathetic that Egypt a country living on welfare and barely capable of taking good care of its people spend its money purchasing military assets rather than invest in its people's future? abeg leave trash for lawma
Egypt is not like Nigeria where government does not place top priority on national security: a country that cannot protect its citizen and demonstrate martial capability abroad on behalf of its sovereignity is not fit to be called a great nation.
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 06, 2016
Missy89:

So you suggestion is to go get jet fighters on credit in other to confront France in the gulf of guinea?. The is no continental conflict Nigeria will be involved in apart from peace keeping in the foreseeable future. There is no enemy to deter. The politics of East and North Africa is quite different from West Africa. Those nations have been fighting each other since the 60s

It sounds interesting, but unnecessary
Sometimes i spend the whole day read your posts, fantastic reply

1 Like

Re: Fresh Military Delivery by likila: 7:51pm On Feb 06, 2016
GOOOD!
Buhari should buy is twenty aircraft carriers!
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by pacretus(m): 8:29pm On Feb 06, 2016
with wheelbarrows untop.abi?
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by Nobody: 8:42pm On Feb 06, 2016
likila:
GOOOD! Buhari should buy is twenty aircraft carriers!
Are we starting ww3?
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 06, 2016
EVarn:
And this means that we should not pay serious attention to our national security because the US isnt ready to sponsor us?.Egypt's F16s are nothing more than skeletons; stripped of their advanced avionics and sophisticated metawares,if Nigeria can acquire just 50 SU-30(20)+SU-35(10)+YAK-150(20) along with air defence missiles and a few hundred T80U and T90 tanks,then we can defend ourselves against any African country.
Nigeria shouldnt be content with mediocrity.
I understand we need air assets that can completely secure our country and conduct strike against possible terrorist build up in Libya towards us No confirmation yet of Su series for NGR
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 06, 2016
CSTR2:
Forget about the free F-16s, Egypt is proactive buying a lot of highly sophisticated hardwares out of its own money.
What of algeria? The most formidable african nation in my opinion.
Nigeria's military heads and heads of states since 1999 have a collective IQ the size of a lint. I don't recognize military rule which is why i am going to spare them the share of the blame.
. We are currently short of cash. to fully equipment the military. funds are directed towards short term plans with some going to long term
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by Nobody: 9:10pm On Feb 06, 2016
Cannonleo:
bro these are still continuous deliveries from the last admin negotiations
source say its part of December 2015.

WHY will such assets be delivered by plane now If it was acquired by Gej. it doesn't make sense
naijaking1:

The ones ordered by GEJ are just arriving now?
NO
Omexonomy:
Arent these the weapon gej was accuse of not buying.
NOT jona
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by Nobody: 9:18pm On Feb 06, 2016
Missy89. Cannonleo Obiagelli henry240 and bidexii agaugust

please. let's talk. If shekau is spotted in Terror camp in Libya alongside other BH operative what options do we have
NB. 1 We done have aerial capability to take them out
2 Do we send the Navy commandoes to carry out a raid which is risky. ( NA sf in my opinion not qualified yet for such )

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do You Support The Clampdown On Shias But Oppose Trump Muslim Ban? / Court Restrains Abdusalam, Sacked Labour Party Chairman From Party Secretariat / Pictures Of The Day.. Nigeria On The Move.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.