Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Homemade Sulphur Face And Body Scrub!!! - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Homemade Sulphur Face And Body Scrub!!! (10665 Views)

How 750 Naira Skin Care Scrub/mask Can Help With Pimples, Black Head Etc / Brighten & Make Your Skin Glow With This Face Scrub In 2 Minutes / Homemade Sugar Body Scrub For A Beautiful Skin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Homemade Sulphur Face And Body Scrub!!! by K9blunt(f): 8:21pm On Feb 06, 2016
hello!

well I have been thinking and experimenting on how to get my skin exfoliated and properly scrubbed, and this DIY videos and beauty e-books kinda helped in enlightening me so I came up with my body scrub which is quite affordable and safe (well for me so far.lol)

sulphur is good and according to this beauty experte 'omorsexie' I had to borrow her explanation on sulphur , so here's my how to, make and how I use it.
here goes:

SULPHUR - Sulfur helps to clarify the skin, banish excess oil, minimize pores, and help prevent and heal blemishes. It is an excellent solution for breakouts on the chest, back, and face. It is good in treating eczema too.

HONEY: is a good exfoliators, it helps cleanse and rejuvenates the skin.

LEMON/LIME: it helps cleans and tones the skin.

GLYCERIN: is nice for moisturising and locking in moisture for the skin.

OLIVE OIL: finally, olive oil helps to moisturise, repair the skin and keeps the skin looking young and soft.

these are my major ingredients. while my minor ingredient is black African soap (ose dudu) which I don't put much but to make the scrub wash out easily.

here's how I mix them;

1-get a container and pour the sulphur into it

2- pour some honey, glycerin and olive oil into the container with the sulphur

3- juice out the lemon or lime and filter it into the container.

4- then liquefy a little quantity of black soap and pour into the mixture.

5 -then using a plastic spatula, stir the mixture vigorously.

you're good to go.

I use this mixture/scrub thrice a week and I can assure you my skin is healthy and nice, its 100% natural and can last for long.

Note:
please try not to make the mixture scrub into your eyes, you won't go blind but it will make you cry for Nigeria (lol)

secondly, use sponge with soap to scrub of, because it will feel greasy on the skin, but afterwards smooth skin is what you will feel.

finally except you don't mind, its best to scrub your skin with this mixture at night, that's when the skin can breath and it will really do it's work without interruptions from the sun.

take care.

1 Like

Re: Homemade Sulphur Face And Body Scrub!!! by omorsexie(f): 9:15pm On Feb 06, 2016
Nice one sis!

1 Like

Re: Homemade Sulphur Face And Body Scrub!!! by rinnydiva: 9:26pm On Feb 06, 2016
how do I get sulphur
Re: Homemade Sulphur Face And Body Scrub!!! by K9blunt(f): 9:34pm On Feb 06, 2016
omorsexie:
Nice one sis!

Thanks sis
Re: Homemade Sulphur Face And Body Scrub!!! by K9blunt(f): 9:37pm On Feb 06, 2016
rinnydiva:
how do I get sulphur

You have to go to a local market around you then meet those women that sell agbo Jedi Jedi or black Ghanian soap , ask them for sulphur, its greenish yellow in color they will give you without asking what you mean cause its popular.

Good luck dear

1 Like

Re: Homemade Sulphur Face And Body Scrub!!! by Nobody: 11:12pm On Feb 06, 2016
Please give us the measurement. How long did you use it
Re: Homemade Sulphur Face And Body Scrub!!! by K9blunt(f): 2:01am On Feb 07, 2016
Bukiminaj:
Please give us the measurement. How long did you use it

Honey am no good at measurement but i use my discretions by making sure its as thick as gravy sauce.

Not too thick like close up paste, but better as thick as dabur herbal toothpaste.

Please let me know how far.

I started using it since last year December. You can view my pics on Facebook, my id is andreal Ify allor.
Re: Homemade Sulphur Face And Body Scrub!!! by pweetiedee(m): 7:35am On Feb 07, 2016
K9blunt:

Honey am no good at measurement but i use my discretions by making sure its as thick as gravy sauce.

Not too thick like close up paste, but better as thick as dabur herbal toothpaste.

I started using it since last year December. You can view my pics on Facebook, my id is andreal Ify allor.
Nice one. I love "homemade everything".
Visit https://doeyeensbeautyhaven..in
Re: Homemade Sulphur Face And Body Scrub!!! by K9blunt(f): 10:38am On Feb 07, 2016
pweetiedee:

Nice one. I love "homemade everything".
Visit https://doeyeensbeautyhaven..in

Jee! Thanks for the link.
Re: Homemade Sulphur Face And Body Scrub!!! by Nobody: 2:50pm On Feb 07, 2016
K9blunt:

thank you so much.
Can i use it everyday as my bath soap.for how long do you leave it on your face b4 washing it off
Re: Homemade Sulphur Face And Body Scrub!!! by marypearl(f): 3:52pm On Feb 07, 2016
K9blunt:
hello!

well I have been thinking and experimenting on how to get my skin exfoliated and properly scrubbed, and this DIY videos and beauty e-books kinda helped in enlightening me so I came up with my body scrub which is quite affordable and safe (well for me so far.lol)

sulphur is good and according to this beauty experte 'omorsexie' I had to borrow her explanation on sulphur , so here's my how to, make and how I use it.
here goes:

SULPHUR - Sulfur helps to clarify the skin, banish excess oil, minimize pores, and help prevent and heal blemishes. It is an excellent solution for breakouts on the chest, back, and face. It is good in treating eczema too.

OLIVE OIL: finally, olive oil helps to moisturise, repair the skin and keeps the skin looking young and soft.

these are my major ingredients. while my minor ingredient is black African soap (ose dudu) which I don't put much but to make the scrub wash out easily.

here's how I mix them;

you're good to go.

I use this mixture/scrub thrice a week and I can assure you my skin is healthy and nice, its 100% natural and can last for long.

Note:
please try not to make the mixture scrub into your eyes, you won't go blind but it will make you cry for Nigeria (lol)

secondly, use sponge with soap to scrub of, because it will feel greasy on the skin, but afterwards smooth skin is what you will feel.

finally except you don't mind, its best to scrub your skin with this mixture at night, that's when the skin can breath and it will really do it's work without interruptions from the sun.

take care.
Thanks for sharing, which of the olive oil, is it the regular one we call anointing oil. Hope it won't darken the skin.
Re: Homemade Sulphur Face And Body Scrub!!! by pweetiedee(m): 4:55pm On Feb 07, 2016
marypearl:
Thanks for sharing, which of the olive oil, is it the regular one we call anointing oil. Hope it won't darken the skin.
Use virgin olive oil. Olive oil doesn't darken skin. You can try other oils like Argan, coconut, vitamin e, almond. Just make sure they r skin friendly.
http://doeyeensbeautyhaven..in/2016/02/homemade-sugar-scrub-for-beautiful-skin.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Homemade Sulphur Face And Body Scrub!!! by marypearl(f): 7:20pm On Feb 07, 2016
pweetiedee:

Use virgin olive oil. Olive oil doesn't darken skin. You can try other oils like Argan, coconut, vitamin e, almond. Just make sure they r skin friendly.
http://doeyeensbeautyhaven..in/2016/02/homemade-sugar-scrub-for-beautiful-skin.html
Thanks
Re: Homemade Sulphur Face And Body Scrub!!! by marypearl(f): 8:12pm On Feb 07, 2016
K9blunt:
hello!

here goes:

here's how I mix them;

you're good to go.

Note:

take care.
Do i wash my face with sponge too.
Re: Homemade Sulphur Face And Body Scrub!!! by K9blunt(f): 10:07pm On Feb 07, 2016
marypearl:
Do i wash my face with sponge too.

No dear just soap and your hands as they can cover all easily
Re: Homemade Sulphur Face And Body Scrub!!! by K9blunt(f): 10:11pm On Feb 07, 2016
marypearl:
Yes the regular one for anointing

It doesn't dsrken

Check out my pic I will remove it tomorrow
Re: Homemade Sulphur Face And Body Scrub!!! by K9blunt(f): 10:20pm On Feb 07, 2016
Bukiminaj:

thank you so much.
Can i use it everyday as my bath soap.for how long do you leave it on your face b4 washing it off

I usually use it 3times a week , you can use it everyday but please please and please don't let it get into your eyes it will hurt and make you cry grin

Finally its not a soap, the soap mixed inside is quite small and its meant to wash off easily because of the oils in it.

Take care.

2 Likes

Re: Homemade Sulphur Face And Body Scrub!!! by marypearl(f): 12:12pm On Feb 08, 2016
[quote author=K9blunt post=42716125]
Yes the regular one for anointing

It doesn't dsrken

Check out my pic I will remove it tomorrow [/quote wow! if your skin is like this in pic, i wonder how it will look like, physically.

1 Like

Re: Homemade Sulphur Face And Body Scrub!!! by marypearl(f): 12:14pm On Feb 08, 2016
K9blunt:

No dear just soap and your hands as they can cover all easily
aiit, thanks i am going to start this week.
Re: Homemade Sulphur Face And Body Scrub!!! by K9blunt(f): 12:41pm On Feb 08, 2016
marypearl:
aiit, thanks i am going to start this week.

Cool, please give me feedback on the outcome and remember not to let it enter your eyes.
Re: Homemade Sulphur Face And Body Scrub!!! by marypearl(f): 3:53pm On Feb 08, 2016
K9blunt:

Cool, please give me feedback on the outcome and remember not to let it enter your eyes.
Ok
Re: Homemade Sulphur Face And Body Scrub!!! by gtswt(f): 4:25pm On Feb 17, 2016
K9blunt:
hello!

here goes:

here's how I mix them;

you're good to go.

Note:

take care.
How and where can I get glycerin pls?

1 Like

Re: Homemade Sulphur Face And Body Scrub!!! by K9blunt(f): 4:39pm On Feb 17, 2016
gtswt:

How and where can I get glycerin pls?

From any chemist around you or market where creams and others are sold
Re: Homemade Sulphur Face And Body Scrub!!! by gtswt(f): 10:45am On Feb 18, 2016
K9blunt:

From any chemist around you or market where creams and others are sold
Thanks bae
Re: Homemade Sulphur Face And Body Scrub!!! by K9blunt(f): 12:57pm On Feb 18, 2016
gtswt:

Thanks bae

Anytime dear.
Re: Homemade Sulphur Face And Body Scrub!!! by Nobody: 2:36am On Apr 06, 2016
K9blunt:

Saw your pix dear, you are truly on point. I have also embraced natural skin care

Simply the best

1 Like

Re: Homemade Sulphur Face And Body Scrub!!! by K9blunt(f): 7:59am On Apr 06, 2016
Bukiminaj:

Saw your pix dear, you are truly on point. I have also embraced natural skin care

Simply the best

Very nice, hopefully many other women will see and embrace the idea of natural skin care.

*thumbs up*
Re: Homemade Sulphur Face And Body Scrub!!! by Babydeedee: 5:59pm On Apr 06, 2016
Get a skin care training E-book on:
Varicose veins
Egyptian lotion
Goat milk lotion
Body Butters
Acne cream
Dark spots cream
Stretch mark cream
Different body scrubs
Pink lips balm
Shower soaps
Organic peels
Baby Skin care products
Body oils etc
WhatsApp: 08108518554
Re: Homemade Sulphur Face And Body Scrub!!! by Gladysluv: 10:47pm On Feb 25, 2018
You can contact Glos Oil and Organic for your unadulterated raw materials (ingredients) use in making soap and cream. Call Glos Oil and Organic on 08130038262.

Re: Homemade Sulphur Face And Body Scrub!!! by Mustiboy(m): 5:39pm On Sep 27, 2019
K9blunt:
hello!

here goes:

here's how I mix them;

you're good to go.

Note:

take care.

The sulphur I bought I not powder; it is solid and shaped like a candle, but more robust.

Is that how it's supposed to be? It is yellow-green as you said.
Re: Homemade Sulphur Face And Body Scrub!!! by K9blunt(f): 11:32pm On Sep 27, 2019
Mustiboy:

The sulphur I bought I not powder; it is solid and shaped like a candle, but more robust.

Is that how it's supposed to be? It is yellow-green as you said.

Where did you get it from?
If you bought it from those women that sell herbs and native soaps in the market then you're good... Just be careful it doesn't get into your eyes or you won't sleep peacefully. Regards.

(1) (Reply)

Fashion Books On Pattern Drafting Plus Sewing Technics (valisimo Fashion School) / Would You Pay N25,000 Or N40,000 For A Nigeria-branded Shoe? / Guys/men Haircut 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.