Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,988 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! (45660 Views)

RRS Searching For Corpse Of Doctor Who Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon (Photos) / Lady Exposes Her Boobs To Celebrate No Bra Day / Have You Ever Been Molested By A Male Doctor? (share Your Experience Ladies) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by Raskasal(m): 9:09am On Feb 07, 2016
wagazala:
OP could be blowing this out of proportion. Is there anyway he could examine without actually touching them and caressing? Inexperience on the part of the Doc forced him to smile seeing how the patient is aroused by just a medical examination. Lastly, OP had her mind made up about the 'Young' Doc before he started examining her, there's nothing he would do that would be right in her eyes. Wonder if she would have felt the same way if it was an older doctor and the scenario played out exactly the same.

PS: to those who think the tip isn't to be examined:

Cover the entire breast from top to bottom, side to side — from your collarbone to the top of your abdomen, and from your armpit to your cleavage.

Follow a pattern to be sure that you cover the whole breast. You can begin at the Tip, moving in larger and larger circles until you reach the outer edge of the breast. You can also move your fingers up and down vertically, in rows, as if you were mowing a lawn.

Read rest at link below.

http://www.breastcancer.org/symptoms/testing/types/self_exam/bse_steps

Madam should have examined herself or insisted on a Female doc if she wasn't comfortable @ a younger doctor. Shikena.

You have spoken it all and it was well spoken...

If she felt molested, she can challenge the doc or a senior doc..

1 Like

Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by gentle007(m): 9:12am On Feb 07, 2016
It could be that the doc had no ulterior motive except the patient. For you to even sight the young doc and question if he is real or not because he was handsome shows that you are the one that molested the doc. To the extent that you could not control the hardening of your n*pples due to his touch. If I were your husband, u will need to do plenty of explaining.

2 Likes

Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by omoiseselagba: 9:14am On Feb 07, 2016
adorablepepple:
I would advice you to tell your husband because it once happened to me but it was while he was using his stethoscope on my chest and the next thing he started touching my breast asking if I do examine it,immediately I collected that his stupid instrument and hit it on his head and used my shoe on him and I kept shouting till people came. I told my mum and she followed the case up. It happened in a general hospital. He faced the hospital committee . Women stop keeping quiet when been molested,stop it! Fight back
what some hospitals do now is that, a female nurse stays while the doc does the examination. That's how my wife was attended to the last time she went for breast checkup.
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by omoiseselagba: 9:14am On Feb 07, 2016
adorablepepple:
I would advice you to tell your husband because it once happened to me but it was while he was using his stethoscope on my chest and the next thing he started touching my breast asking if I do examine it,immediately I collected that his stupid instrument and hit it on his head and used my shoe on him and I kept shouting till people came. I told my mum and she followed the case up. It happened in a general hospital. He faced the hospital committee . Women stop keeping quiet when been molested,stop it! Fight back
what some hospitals do now is that, a female nurse stays while the doc does the examination. That's how my wife was attended to the last time she went for breast checkup
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by adeborode: 9:19am On Feb 07, 2016
anyway, u don't have to tell ur husband,just visit another hospital to avoid another shit from dis same hospital.first timer
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by ChynoBEATS: 9:21am On Feb 07, 2016
chachanga:
[size=14pt]Blog Reader Feels Molested by Male Doctor Who Squeezed Her Breasts[/size]

But why any self-respecting person would do this i just can't imagine! The woman should just take up the issue, abeg.

It happens cos my friend always complain about this n I keep telling her to tell her dad or mum to get her a female doctor ...

Some male doc's r dogs ... I wont blame them sha...

The mU.mu woman sef suppose throw am slap
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by Archiq: 9:23am On Feb 07, 2016
bettercreature:
She went for lump test,what does she expect the doctor to handle?
Go and ask how doctors normally fingers those who are seeking the fruit of the womb
Nonsense!
Pls help me ask her o! Trash.
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by otiigba1(m): 9:25am On Feb 07, 2016
I do not get whats wrong here, i had constipation and pile one time, went to a hospital, a female doctor ask me to take my trouser and boxers off , and lie face down next thing she stuck her middle finger deep into my butt hole in the end she said i had pile and adviced i eat more fruits and drink more water.so should have sued the hospital? Slapped the female doctor? And she was not young was also an indian, maybe i should have sued also for racism, they are doctors they see naked people every day. Its most of their job. Is Op not going to see a doctor in her life again? And why was she checking out the young doctor?
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by emzila(m): 9:26am On Feb 07, 2016
adorablepepple:
your case is different from hers, remember she went for lump check. I think the only issue here is the young doc smiling seeing her body response. beside he may also had smile to make her feel comfortable but was misinterpreted. if you haven't gone for breast cancer test before, you need to read on how to examine breast for breast cancer. touching the tip is part of the test. the Op should let d sleeping dog be. her husband had imagined the possibility of a doc touching his wife's breast wen he gave his concent he will be feel furious to hear that the test went beyond his imagination. pls next time, ask for a female doc. other ladies in the house take note, wen u go for such test pls state you doc preference.
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by Infomizer(m): 9:39am On Feb 07, 2016
Horlawale1:
Story that touches the heart breast.

Very Unprofessional

FTFY
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by Khan1993: 9:42am On Feb 07, 2016
I think i now understand the reason women die of cancer.
And between, do you expect him to bone face. Am not supporting the idea of smiling tho.
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by cyzzy: 9:43am On Feb 07, 2016
I don't get it lady. Ur nipples hardened as he touched u, u closed ur eyes in the entire process, and u were shivering by the time he is done. Wow sweety, it is obvious u were deeply aroused by the young man.

U may buy urself a truck of troubles if u narrate it like this to ur husband.

Just saying.

1 Like

Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by okrote4real: 9:46am On Feb 07, 2016
She wouldn't have brought up the issue at all. As long as it is in the hospital. She would have just let go. Moreover it is advisable to massage boobs. grin

Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by jumpmasta(m): 9:47am On Feb 07, 2016
Nigerians and Ignorance..always having a prejudice against any male Dr that wants to examine..smh
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by Chidor6(m): 9:50am On Feb 07, 2016
This happens almost always. I've examined a couple of women who feel very ashamed and do not trust my intention. But before I start I explain the procedure to them, I get a chaperone and I make small talk with them while examining. This helps a lot and gains the patient trust.
The problem is that many Doctor do not follow guidelines for good patient management. I see it a lot.
So, if you feel molested and wish to pursue it further, that's within your rights as a human being.
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by Chazzyboy: 10:02am On Feb 07, 2016
mommysgirl:
SMH That's y u can't be a doctor No offence
u jail people
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by Nobody: 10:12am On Feb 07, 2016
KingTom:
This one created a thread and called mods tire, mods no answer am. ChaI I feel bad for na.ughtynaughty cry

https://www.nairaland.com/2896032/lady-felt-molested-male-doctor
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by omoiseselagba: 10:15am On Feb 07, 2016
Royals1st:
U see why nigeria is so backward in some western and middle east and Asia country woman doctors attend to woman while man attend to man bcs such things has break many home to my advice pls dnt tell ur husband and keep a way from such hospital and again if am ur husband i will be very mad @ you simply u said he was playing withh ur tips and u stay that long and u saw the fool who called him self a doctor smiling and u waited that long that sounded like u enjoy the time he was playing with u anyway abi? If am ur husband i will be mad @ u gan
I just don't understand why we attach so much importance to boobs n Bossom. The doc was doing his job, she should have made him stop if she was not comfortable with those touches. Next time, request for a female doctor. Some women are very sensitive to touch.the small boy is naive too. He shd have made a nurse stay while he was attending to the woman. That's how my wifey was attended to the last she was at d hospital.
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by josite: 10:23am On Feb 07, 2016
Ayauche:
U wasted time nah, as u noticed he wasn't doing the right thing u shud ve gotten up, u even saw him smiling, I swear I will give him a very resounding slap, that way no1 loose and I will get home and tell my hubby straight.

why dont u from the start insist on a male dr.the guy did his job,next time get a female dr. you can and should tell your husband so both of you can eventually be told the whole truth and nothing but the truth.how do a dr do mamogram without asking u to remove ur bra and thats really the pint u start feeling uncomfortable.the fact is most women do enjoy being attended to by male dr.it is her confusion,not the dr examination of her breast that makes u feel defiled.
what will u have done if the dr says htere is a nerve connecting ur boobs with pussy and u will need to remove ur pant for him to massage the connecting nerve?
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by ddippset(m): 10:27am On Feb 07, 2016
Boobs are the most overrated commodities in the world. You touch them, f0ndle them, suck them, but at the end of the day you must let them go, you can't even take them home along with you! And you find they have not added any value to your life. But honestly, that's only in hindsight.

1 Like

Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by prixm: 10:30am On Feb 07, 2016
Sorry madam, you ought to have taken it up immediately. Getting into your clothes and leaving quietly will give the guy the impression you enjoyed the handling. He is going to do the same to other women and you too if you go again for another check. Taking it up with him would have ended such nonsense and safe the next woman from the same embarrassment. I don't think complaining to your husband now will help in anyway. You should go back there and complain to whoever is in authority in that place and ensure the guy is called to order.
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by mommysgirl(f): 11:00am On Feb 07, 2016
Chazzyboy:
u jail people
D judge sentence people not me
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by otswag(m): 11:06am On Feb 07, 2016
chachanga:
[size=14pt]Blog Reader Feels Molested by Male Doctor Who Squeezed Her Breasts[/size]

Hello Princess,
I dont know if I should tell my husband about this or just swallow it so as to avoid causing problems or a confrontation. I went to ****** hospital close at Alausa to check for chest lumps. A very young doctor came strolling in to the office where I was asked to wait. He looked so young that I was even tempted to ask him if he was really a doctor or was a student on houseman-ship but I decided to keep cool as he was wearing their white gown as was actually assigned to me by the admin at the general waiting area.
The hospital was actually recommended by my sister in-law who had her mammogram there. It was my first time and I was very uncomfortable when he asked me to remove my top and bra and then he started touching my breasts. I decided to close my eyes and wait for him to finish the examination. The touching soon turned to caressing and at a point he seen to concentrate on my nipple and to be honest, I have a very sensitive nipple and the always harden and jut out when touched (even breast feeding my babies felt that way)

This went on and on until I was almost shivering. I was embarrassed beyond words and wanted to ask if lumps form in the nipple area but i felt so violated to speak. I opened my eyes to tell him to stop only to discover that he was looking at me smiling sheepishly! All the while he’s been handling my breasts!

I felt so awful. I felt used and molested. He didn’t say a word, I removed his hands and dressed up while he continued smiling and then started saying some medical trash that didnt make no sense to me cos I wasnt listening anymore. When I finished dressing up, he even asked me to come back in 7 days time for another round of checks as I left his office.
This happened on Monday and up till now I have this heavy feeling of being violated by a kid. I still cannot calm down, as if I was defiled. I have been moody and unable to tell my husband. Please what should I do?

Your Thoughts?

http://fashionbuzz.tv/blog-reader-feels-molested-by-male-doctor-who-squeezed-her-breasts/#comment-4763

NB
Yeah, I know this was from an agony column on a 'blog' for Pete's sake but one can't be too careful these days as the #Endtimes chanters would wanna have you believe besides I'm yet to forget numerous tales of these pathetic souls who throw all caution to the winds on the path of destroying another's virtue and sanity (https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=doctor%20caught%20molesting%20patients&gws_rd=ssl).

But why any self-respecting person would do this i just can't imagine! The woman should just take up the issue, abeg.
im sorry You feel violated however i would like to point out what the Young dr did wrong.
1. He didnt explain the procédure to You before he started.
2. He didnt ask for a female colleague/nurse to be présent during the examination.
You would notice i didnt mention anything about molesting You. Here os the reason: The typical clinical breast examination involves all what You mentioned. Strange right? Here Is a brief overview of a clinical breast examination that all well trained drs should do in cases like urs:

Before your breast exam, your health careprovider will ask you detailed questions about your health history, including your menstrual and pregnancyhistory. Questions might include what age you started menstruating, if you have children, and how old you were when your first child was born. A thorough breast exam will be performed. For the exam, you UnCloth from the waist up. Your health careprovider will look at your breasts for changes in size, shape, or symmetry. Your provider may ask you to lift your arms over your head, put your hands on your hips or lean forward. He or she will examine your breasts for any skinchanges including rashes, dimpling, or redness. This is a good time to learn how to do a breast self-exam if you don't already know how. As you lay on your back with your arms behind your head, your health careprovider will examine your breasts with the pads of the fingers to detect lumps or other changes. The area under both arms will also be examined. Your health care provider will gently press around your nipple to check for any discharge. If there is discharge, a sample may be collected for examination

i Hope You now get the picture. If You have more reasons to feel You were violated, pls take up the case but pls be 100% sure cos This Is someone's carrer we're talking about. The damage Will be felt throughout his life time even if if You eventually realise you were wrong
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by ladygudhead(f): 11:07am On Feb 07, 2016
drwebs:
@ Op, sorry for the way you felt. It happens especially as it was ur first time.

Next time, you can ask for a female doctor or a female nurse to accompany you, just simply explain that you won't be comfortable if it's a male.

Now to the issue at hand,
it's the normal procedure the doctor followed. In fact, I noticed the young man didn't even complete the examination propably because of the way you were feeling(guess that's what made him smile).
Before you examine a woman's breasts, you ask her to remove the bra to have full access.

Both breasts are examined even if it's one that's having problem.

The nipped are also examined and squeezed to check for any abnormal discharge which is also diagnostic.

The armpits are also examined for lumps.

After examining you while lying down, the doctor can ask you to sit up and do another series of examination. in fact, twice while sitting up.

I think you should simply overcome your anxiety and and the way you feel right now and go back for another examination as the doctor requested since you didn't even listen to what he said after the examination( You can ask for another doctor this time around).

You don't know what the doctor wrote down, it could be that he noticed something and requested you to come back. It could be he couldn't finish the examination because of the way you were responding and asked you to come back.

In these scenario, you ant hold the doctor responsible if you had a lump and he didn't detect it or send you to do the required investigations.

As regards to reporting the incident to your husband, you can go ahead, but let it be clear to you that you weren't molested, these are things you go through as a lady.

As you advice, you might need to be examined in your private part by a doctor, just prepare your mind for the worse if it's a government hospital, worse still, a teaching hospital because you might even be used by an intern or student to learn.

Once again, sorry for the way you felt embarrassed, it happens, sometimes the doctor might be the one that feels the way you do(esp if he stands attention while examining you), it doesn't mean he was having a good time. we are all human,
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by blazer234: 11:11am On Feb 07, 2016
wagazala:
OP could be blowing this out of proportion. Is there anyway he could examine without actually touching them and caressing? Inexperience on the part of the Doc forced him to smile seeing how the patient is aroused by just a medical examination. Lastly, OP had her mind made up about the 'Young' Doc before he started examining her, there's nothing he would do that would be right in her eyes. Wonder if she would have felt the same way if it was an older doctor and the scenario played out exactly the same.

PS: to those who think the tip isn't to be examined:

Cover the entire breast from top to bottom, side to side — from your collarbone to the top of your abdomen, and from your armpit to your cleavage.

Follow a pattern to be sure that you cover the whole breast. You can begin at the Tip, moving in larger and larger circles until you reach the outer edge of the breast. You can also move your fingers up and down vertically, in rows, as if you were mowing a lawn.

Read rest at link below.

http://www.breastcancer.org/symptoms/testing/types/self_exam/bse_steps

Madam should have examined herself or insisted on a Female doc if she wasn't comfortable @ a younger doctor. Shikena.
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by ladygudhead(f): 11:13am On Feb 07, 2016
Sohot1:
I can say the woman in question has inherent personality problems such that no matter who examined her, she would still misinterprete it.

Imagine her wanting to direct how the doctor should have and not have examined her....

Imagine her already assessing the doctor with a biased and judgemental mindset of being young and not old enough to be professional at his job....

The woman needs to see a psychiatrist/psychologist.

Besides, the ignorant woman called a doctor (house officer) a student?...I am speechless because he is a qualified medical doctor.

abeg nor mind her jor.u couldn't have say it any better.
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by Chazzyboy: 11:16am On Feb 07, 2016
mommysgirl:
D judge sentence people not me
because is what u demanded
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by latinoKingdom(m): 11:19am On Feb 07, 2016
Roseey0:
Na so I go for malaria issue, this doc started asking me how often I checked my boobs for breast cancer. Asking me to allow him the professional do it.

From fever to breast test?

The thing wey pain me pass be say na old man. At his age and status, he was still looking for young boobs to press.SMH.
he was only trying trying to help, do u know how to examine breast for cancer?
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by reginaldchinna: 11:19am On Feb 07, 2016
chachanga:

Hello Princess,
I dont know if I should tell my husband about this or just swallow it so as to avoid causing problems or a confrontation. I went to ****** hospital close at Alausa to check for chest lumps. A very young doctor came strolling in to the office where I was asked to wait. He looked so young that I was even tempted to ask him if he was really a doctor or was a student on houseman-ship but I decided to keep cool as he was wearing their white gown as was actually assigned to me by the admin at the general waiting area.
The hospital was actually recommended by my sister in-law who had her mammogram there. It was my first time and I was very uncomfortable when he asked me to remove my top and bra and then he started touching my breasts. I decided to close my eyes and wait for him to finish the examination. The touching soon turned to caressing and at a point he seen to concentrate on my nipple and to be honest, I have a very sensitive nipple and the always harden and jut out when touched (even breast feeding my babies felt that way)

This went on and on until I was almost shivering. I was embarrassed beyond words and wanted to ask if lumps form in the nipple area but i felt so violated to speak. I opened my eyes to tell him to stop only to discover that he was looking at me smiling sheepishly! All the while he’s been handling my breasts!

I felt so awful. I felt used and molested. He didn’t say a word, I removed his hands and dressed up while he continued smiling and then started saying some medical trash that didnt make no sense to me cos I wasnt listening anymore. When I finished dressing up, he even asked me to come back in 7 days time for another round of checks as I left his office.
This happened on Monday and up till now I have this heavy feeling of being violated by a kid. I still cannot calm down, as if I was defiled. I have been moody and unable to tell my husband. Please what should I do?

Your Thoughts?

http://fashionbuzz.tv/blog-reader-feels-molested-by-male-doctor-who-squeezed-her-breasts/#comment-4763

NB
Yeah, I know this was from an agony column on a 'blog' for Pete's sake but one can't be too careful these days as the #Endtimes chanters would wanna have you believe besides I'm yet to forget numerous tales of these pathetic souls who throw all caution to the winds on the path of destroying another's virtue and sanity (https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=doctor%20caught%20molesting%20patients&gws_rd=ssl).

. Pls most times you guys just lie about us, breast examination is done by d doctor stabilising your breast by placing one hand on your nipple then using the other hand to palpate the 4 quadrants of ur breast and at the end palpate d nipple area for lumps. You closing your eyes is enough reason for d young doctor to laugh. I Believe you had evil in ur mind b4 d examination

1 Like

Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by seangy4konji: 11:23am On Feb 07, 2016
You are crazy. Some ladies are stupid.

If you want to born and name deh duty you will say he is fingering you abi

Do it your self and stop ranting rubbish jor. Na so breast expensive for market
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by JhyMedex: 11:27am On Feb 07, 2016
Mtxheww... U cld almost assure u Young Doc ain't interested in ur fallen heroes...
D way gals flock around young Docs... He cld Bleep a dozen gals in a wk in he wants....
He ain't interested in ur old body...

1 Like

Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by dejavuh0007(m): 11:32am On Feb 07, 2016
a typical 9ja woman. as far as am concerned this is no big deal coz unless u havent given birth b4 am sure u av faced far worse scenarios dan dis coz what will u do wen d male doctor dips his finger inside ur V to clear d path for d baby? so my sister if u know u felt used i suggest u dont go to c a male doctor again for any check up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

India Man Chews Off Snake's Head In Revenge After Snake Bite – Report / Doctor Collapses And Dies While On Duty In Benin Hospital. Photos / 25 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Lagos, Total Of 217 Cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.