Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,663 members, 7,820,331 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal (38564 Views)

Alleged Video Of Female Cadet Being Dehumanised In NDA. / "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" / Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by tanteta(m): 8:57am On Feb 07, 2016
Do not waste your time because to them you are and will always be a bloody civilian. And you are always lower than them, meaning that nairalanders and sahara reporter will only shout, wail but can not Do shit. It is not even a case to them, its about putting everybody waste they belong, and they love doing that.

1 Like

Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by UjSizzle(f): 8:57am On Feb 07, 2016
But why the guy no run na?

1 Like

Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by orimahspence: 8:57am On Feb 07, 2016
Am not surprised at this. Solders recent killed hundreds in Zaria in what everybody knows is an excessive use of lethal force. Sadly against its own citizens. But this is how it starts. Young people being groomed to flagrantly disregard any respect for human dignity. What I don't understand is why they'd want to be respected by us. The uniform they wear, although branded with Nigeria's name and symbols, is probably our biggest source of fear because of the special high it gives them. It is used more to intimidate and oppress the civilian Nigerian than it is used to protect the republic. But it does not have to be so. The military is one of the most important institutions in any country and its main task is to protect sovereignty. This can only be achieved if the citizens are valued and respected. The military needs a lot of reforms.

6 Likes

Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by persius555(m): 9:04am On Feb 07, 2016
allthingsgood:

Its not law thats the problem, its implementing it. Nigerians are an unruly bunch who basically choose to be lawless at every opportunity. From the way we drive, to the way we shunt queue to the way we relate with one another. Nobody cares about the country, we always believe "any way is a way"! Smh
FYI, the military incursion into civilian polity left a huge scar in our psyche as a people. Till date, we do exhibit these tendencies.

I am not here to throw blames at the military or anything, but that video depicts the lack of discipline that has been entrenched in the psyche of an average NDA cadet. Definitely, not all members of the NDA behave in such unruly and un-civilized manner, but that video gave a bad reputation to every member of the nigerian army.
How do you expect a nigerian army member on training abroad to feel among his foreign peers when shown this video.

The Nigerian defense authority needs to do a total re-orientation of its personnels especially as it has to do with dealing with the public.

Funny enough the Nigerian populace are always the first to rise up and defend the nigerian military when there are allegations of human right

The army is a discipline corp anywhere in the world, but those guys made the nigerian army look like its a recruiting ground for the very indiscipline, not better than a public militia.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by jide333(m): 9:05am On Feb 07, 2016
lies.. always lies from sahara reports... according to the video he was the one that called her beautiful(which is not unlawful) not supporting the beating buh sahara repoters should spread what really happen and not add theirs to make it look as if they killed someone....GOD BLESS OUR SOLDIERS!!! GOD BLESS NIGERIA!

1 Like

Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by Nobody: 9:05am On Feb 07, 2016
I get irked whenever I hear stories like this. Our Military men don't know Jack abouth what their Job entails that's why I don't feel bad when a military man gets killed by BH insurgents. They are useless People who go around acting like gods

Their Job is to Protect Civilians not to Beat, Maim or kill civilians. This is what you get when People join the mIlitary because they are Jobless. In developed societies only People imbued with Patriotism and a desire to serve their country join the MIlitary, Police and Fire service

4 Likes

Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by Guyman02: 9:06am On Feb 07, 2016
QUOTA SYSTEM NDA.
This is the reason dealing with Boko Haram has been difficult. Officers are not recruited based on merit but on who is your papa in Nigeria and even PMB complained about poor intelligence gathering which requires very brilliant gentlemen to accomplish who are very few in the military. I am talking from my experience there.

2 Likes

Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 07, 2016
demo4ril97:
he should av complimented dem as gallant and zealous u knw dey ar cracked military babies dem lyk moral no b smal. Guards Up cadet.

Cordially loyal to my mistresses.

Yours Loyalty,
Cadet Ade on d making (68RC)!.
ADE junior dont try this in my street even with a 2-year old they wont beat you back they will shot you.
Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by pappilo(m): 9:13am On Feb 07, 2016
basty:

A similar example happened in Oshodi and the guy was made to pull his camouflage short, thank God he had an inner short that saved the day. So also, incidents of the army boys removing shoes from people. It barbaric and must stop.

In 1995, some soldiers stationed at a NEPA near my house made me remove my Ikeja bought Texas Steer boots and walk home bare footed.

I walked home and told my mum what happened. Being a no-nonsense woman, she took me back there and tounge lashed the soldiers. They returned my boots and ended up begging my mum.

The weird thing is that it was soldiers from the very same NEPA office who bravely helped fight off armed robbers from my house a few months later.

1 Like

Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by Nobody: 9:14am On Feb 07, 2016
So why did the army lie on twitter that it happened in 2014? This army guys should be checked seriously

1 Like

Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by egbaguy2: 9:21am On Feb 07, 2016
the guy is an idiot........I am sure these cadets didn't carry any arm. a very strong plank wud av saved him frm the beating
Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by CioAngels(f): 9:22am On Feb 07, 2016
Imagine, just ordinary cadets, what happens when they becomes officers? They will certainly turn to vampires and burn down ministry of defence and Nda, that is when the high officers will know that a stitich in time saves nine. Meaning these children/cadets should not be shielded, they should be punished in the open to serve as a deterrent for others. Until this is done, these animals in uniform will continue to brutalise civillians.
Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by Fongido(m): 9:40am On Feb 07, 2016
I'm a Cadet though not NDA cadet. you can play with a certified military man but don't try it with cadets. they're not friendly at all. if they remember what they pass through in school Mehn you are dead. The worst part of it is for you to try them when they're in group

1 Like

Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by Fongido(m): 9:42am On Feb 07, 2016
CioAngels:
Imagine, just ordinary cadets, what happens when they becomes officers? They will certainly turn to vampires and burn down ministry of defence and Nda, that is when the high officers will know that a stitich in time saves nine. Meaning these children/cadets should not be shielded, they should be punished in the open to serve as a deterrent for others. Until this is done, these animals in uniform will continue to brutalise civillians.
If they become an officer they'll come to their senses. it is better to joke with officer than cadets. I know what I am saying though you may not understand

1 Like

Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by Chazzyboy: 9:42am On Feb 07, 2016
Savigne:
Only in Nigeria...
is that u
Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by legaxi(m): 9:49am On Feb 07, 2016
funkyibodude:
The guy should fight fire with fire, mark the girl's face and waste her. Since no justice for the vulnerable undecided
Not just the girl but all those guys too, take them out individually is the best way to resolve this issue.
Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by frisky2good(m): 9:50am On Feb 07, 2016
What those cadets did was wrong but this man's version sharply contradicts the video. In the video one female cadet was saying it repeatedly that the man said she's beautiful. While that might sound normal to most of us, it's a sexist comment. However, the cadets took the laws into their own hands with the comprehensive beating they gave the guy.

LocalChamp:
Man Brutally Beaten By Nigerian Army Cadets For Allegedly Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal

BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORKFEB 06, 2016
Sunday Amari, a 25-year old man brutally beaten by several Nigerian Army cadets in Abuja for complimenting a female army cadet, has given SaharaReporters a full account of his ordeal. SaharaReporters first released the video of the gruesome beating of the man, and the video quickly went viral. In the video, a female cadet from the Nigerian Defense Academy (NDA) in Kaduna is seen slapping, smacking and kicking the victim, with other female and male cadets soon joining her to brutalize Mr. Amari.

In an interview today, Mr. Amari told SaharaReporters that the assault took place on December 31, 2014 at the Jabi Lake Park in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital, where he serves as a parks and recreation officer. His account contradicts a claim by the Nigerian Defense Academy that the attack happened in Lagos. Mr. Amari stated that the cadets attacked and nearly killed him while he was at his duty post.

He disclosed that he was not the original victim of the violent cadets, who included two females and seven males. According to him, the cadets’ first victim was another man seen at the end of the video. He revealed that the cadets had brutalized the first victim to the extent that the man may have suffered serious brain or nerve damage.

Mr. Amari, who is fondly called “Sunny,” said the unruly cadets set upon him for fear that he might report their atrocities. He said he was carrying out his duty of moving around the park to ensure that everything was in order when he saw the nine cadets around 4 p.m. beating up a civilian. He said he walked towards the cadets and their victim out of curiosity.

According to him, the cadets then beckoned on him and asked why he was looking at them. Before he could speak, they descended on him and gave him a brutal beating even as he pleaded with them that he was a recreation officer at the park. He revealed that at least five of the cadets participated in beating him until he passed out. He said he was left for dead, adding that a kind stranger took pity on him and conveyed him to the hospital where he spent a week recuperating from his serious injuries.

Mr. Amari, who hails from Opoko local government area of Benue State, said he had reported the assault to the cadets’ director, a retired military officer, who told him nothing could be done since his attackers were military cadets.

The Nigerian Defense Academy (NDA) in Kaduna has issued a series of tweets claiming that the assault happened in Lagos while the cadets were on break, adding that the affected cadets would be punished. The NDA did not respond to emails from SaharaReporters seeking information on the identities of the cadets who took part in the horrifying beating of Mr. Amari.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/02/06/man-brutally-beaten-nigerian-army-cadets-allegedly-complimenting-female-cadet-recounts

1 Like

Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 07, 2016
When I read/see all this brutality exhibited by Nigeria military and their police colleagues it only points to one direction #votekosi4president

And all these assaults on innocent civilians will be a thing of the past
Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by dekronik: 9:53am On Feb 07, 2016
well, this kind of assault can only happen in other parts of Nigeria BUT not in the war zone called north east. Civilians in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe have lost all form of fear and respect for soldiers especially when those same soldiers are the ones that will beg you for civilian clothes and run faster than you from boko haram fighters. Im not lying and im not exxagerating. Some civilians even tell the soldiers that they should give them their guns so as to defend there homes if the soldiers are running. Ask any of the IDPs on the outtskirts of Abuja what happened when boko boiz came. they will tell you that its the soldiers that first ran before the civilians. I personaly saw a civilian shouting at an airforce personell in Yola when they had a fracas. The civilian was shouting and telling the airforce if he thinks hes a man let him go to Gwoza with his uniform. The officer just kept quiet and left the place..
let me add a final note but its off topic: do not be fooled by the latest propaganda, boko haram is still much active in the north east. the ONLY, and i repeat ONLY people openly challenging the are the local hunters and vigilante. Soldiets will only show up after the hunters/vigilante decimate d boiz to take credit and snap pictures. if you think im lying then ask yourself why has yola to maiduguri road via gwoza not been opened one year after supposed liberation of gwoza?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 07, 2016
ziccoit:
I have a suggestion that could work. Let every single military personnel in this country moves to a country like USA, where rule of law reign supreme and get replaced by the same number of rank and file from USA. This could be the only way of resetting the brutal genes in our military industry which is populated by wolves and barbarians.

Army wouldn't even try that shyte here.

Many civilians have more firepower than armies grin

Smith & Wesson, the great levelers since 1806.

3 Likes

Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 07, 2016
For my city, even armed soldiers dey fear do civilians anyhow, dem go panel beat that soldier anyhow and that street go go on exile for a while.

If a police officer do accidental discharge, dem go trace am go im station burn d station down.

Last week, a mopol man gunned a man down for smoking weed, dem beat am dia sotey d mopol die, live and direct, d police people came and took him away, they carry d oda guy corpse go drop for police station gate.

Aba no dey smile for all these people.

5 Likes

Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by otiigba1(m): 10:17am On Feb 07, 2016
Next week the NDA will come on nairaland asking us for our prayers,and showing us photos of how their brains have being blown open by boko haram

2 Likes

Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by tonyx4x44(m): 10:25am On Feb 07, 2016
Just watched that video Mehn angry

Walahi, I will 'hypothetically' personally seek out that stupid girl and exert natural justice...

Nigeria my country jungle... Rubbish... Really saddening...

Nigerian army is made up of 10% humans, 60% goat, and 30% psychopaths
Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by segnys007(m): 10:27am On Feb 07, 2016
Adonis3:
but what about the part where it was said that u called her "beautiful"?

#Adonis3
I ain't sure you can read, or at least you got issues with understanding what you read. Help you, he wasn't the first victim, meaning he wasn't the one who actually called her beautiful, but another dude seen at end if the video. Got?

2 Likes

Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by Akious2k2(m): 10:27am On Feb 07, 2016
dekronik:
well, this kind of assault can only happen in other parts of Nigeria BUT not in the war zone called north east. Civilians in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe have lost all form of fear and respect for soldiers especially when those same soldiers are the ones that will beg you for civilian clothes and run faster than you from boko haram fighters. Im not lying and im not exxagerating. Some civilians even tell the soldiers that they should give them their guns so as to defend there homes if the soldiers are running. Ask any of the IDPs on the outtskirts of Abuja what happened when boko boiz came. they will tell you that its the soldiers that first ran before the civilians. I personaly saw a civilian shouting at an airforce personell in Yola when they had a fracas. The civilian was shouting and telling the airforce if he thinks hes a man let him go to Gwoza with his uniform. The officer just kept quiet and left the place..
let me add a final note but its off topic: do not be fooled by the latest propaganda, boko haram is still much active in the north east. the ONLY, and i repeat ONLY people openly challenging the are the local hunters and vigilante. Soldiets will only show up after the hunters/vigilante decimate d boiz to take credit and snap pictures. if you think im lying then ask yourself why has yola to maiduguri road via gwoza not been opened one year after supposed liberation of gwoza?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin @bold
legaxi:

Not just the girl but all those guys too, take them out individually is the best way to resolve this issue.
U remind me of a movie... Paid in full... After d rule of Law does not seem 2 yield +ve results after a group of guys lured 1 of dem in2 killing his son just in d name of initiation... he told d court 2 4get about d case... Before u know it, went back 4 d guy who did it... he lost sum other family members in d process sha 'cos d rest of dem came after him... He got rid of all of dem tho
Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by Akious2k2(m): 10:28am On Feb 07, 2016
matrix199:
Is this a country?

I remember many years back in unilag at the lagoon front, a car pulled over at the creative art studio and asked for the direction to unilag guest house. The occupants were awua in their uniforms. There was a student who wore a camou short. The coconuthead officer ordered his aide to seize the short from the student. The aide called the student, and told him to remove the camou and hand it over. The guy pleaded that he wore no under-pant, but he wldn't listen. The aide came down with his horse whip. The guy was in a dilemma. Should he obey and hand over the camou and go naked in full view of the public, or continue pleading. At that point, my avengers and I, who usually come to the front to calm our nerves with u know, had to come to his rescue. We confronted the soldiers and told them, ordinarily, if they weren't in their uniform, they would have been floating in the lagoon. But because of the fact they are properties of the government, we'll kindly enlighten them that a university is like a mini country inside a macro country. It has a head and a parliament. It has constitutions as well. You can't come in here ordering a student to pull off his short(whether it's a camou or not). Maybe when he leaves the school environment, then u can abuse the power vested upon you by the authority(not that you're individually powerful). Well, they had no choice than to let him go becos they cld perceive the C.sativa and C.indica smell from us, and realised we're not ordinary students, not with tinted eyes.

Now I ask again, is this a country?
I'm glad 2 hear dis from a fellow Akokite... Nice thing u guys did

1 Like

Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by Anticabal: 10:29am On Feb 07, 2016
meezynetwork:
We shouldn't allow this matter to die down just like other cases like this. It seems we easily forget things a lot in this country.

Apart from Igbos who never forget, other nigerians seem to have very short memories.

1 Like

Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by agentowolabi47(m): 10:31am On Feb 07, 2016
i think if this gets enough publicity,there might be pressure on the government to curb the civil rights abuse committed by the uniformed men in general...if truly,what we see in the movies,is a reflection of how the American army and other forces respect and would do anything to protect their citizens,i think it is worthy of emulation by the nigerian army and others...I think we could mount enough pressure on this government and the world to see our sufferings,there should be an hashtag for this movement...please people should create reasonable hashtag and let's see how far we can help.what do you think peeps?

1 Like

Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by matrixme(m): 10:34am On Feb 07, 2016
I don't sympathize for you much. It's what you get for trying to woo a monstress. Most normal people generally avoid them. Nigerian soldiers are not people to socialize with. Just do them their 'yes sir/ma' and move on quietly. They are only protecting themselves and not the citizens.

2 Likes

Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by Nobody: 10:34am On Feb 07, 2016
omenka:
The impunity of these young guys in the military is just appalling. Other day I went clubbing with a friend and 5 of them who were just about graduating from the NDA. Those guys turned the club upside down simply because some dude politely told one of them to leave a girl he brought to the club alone. I couldn't even make them behave themselves, felt so embarrassed and it was the last time I ever went out with them.

Hope this dude gets justice. This incidences happen all too often and it is high time the military hierarchy made an example of some of their boys to serve as deterrent to others.

Ps: There is no Opoko Local Govt in Benue state- it must be. Okpokwu they wanted to write.
you can see what your sai baba is breeding with his obnoxious policies.

I'd be more happy if those army guys had handled you very well
Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by F22RAPTOR(m): 10:37am On Feb 07, 2016
jide333:
lies.. always lies from sahara reports... according to the video he was the one that called her beautiful(which is not unlawful) not supporting the beating buh sahara repoters should spread what really happen and not add theirs to make it look as if they killed someone....GOD BLESS OUR SOLDIERS!!! GOD BLESS NIGERIA!
are u ok?
Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by matrix199(m): 10:42am On Feb 07, 2016
Akious2k2:

I'm glad 2 hear dis from a fellow Akokite... Nice thing u guys did

I don't knw if u remember some ladies who sold, or stil sell, provisions at the lagoon front... Iya bobo, auntie oyinbo, with one other lady with a cute son. They joined the guy in begging the soldiers. The soldiers threatened to spew their provisions on the ground if they don't keep shut. That was what angered me and my H.M. We were ready to w**te these chickens in military attires if they were adamant to let him go.

Let me tell u the truth, I only pretend to love this country. I'm getting tired of pretending. Our own president cld go to UK brandishing us as criminals, or having the propensity to commit crimes in other nations. Isn't it senseless?!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ararume's Daughter Weds In Abuja: David Mark, Amaechi, Dogara, Ngige, Attend / Why Atiku Dumped Wike Despite PDP Recommendation / First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.