Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,197 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal (38567 Views)

Alleged Video Of Female Cadet Being Dehumanised In NDA. / "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" / Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by doskie(m): 4:13pm On Feb 07, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

My friend forget all that talk, the only thing Nigerians respect about Force men is the uniforms and weapons.

During my years at NASME soldiers always clash with TIV guys, only to come back for reinforcement.

If soldiers respect themselves the society with respect them.
the day a cadat will receive invitation letter from okija shrine, they will realise that the spirit world has field Marshals too.
Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by Chukazu: 5:21pm On Feb 07, 2016
mehn! if we don't get it right under buhari, the only option would be a "REVOLUTION!"

the same lilliputs that run away from BOKO, find it so convenient in brutalizing Nigerians.
Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by 0ubenji(m): 6:23pm On Feb 07, 2016
How come no one asked d big question..
Sinx Mr. Amari was descended upon for merely looking at d cadets..who then was the video recorder at the scene..was he invisible?

LocalChamp:
Man Brutally Beaten By Nigerian Army Cadets For Allegedly Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal

BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORKFEB 06, 2016
Sunday Amari, a 25-year old man brutally beaten by several Nigerian Army cadets in Abuja for complimenting a female army cadet, has given SaharaReporters a full account of his ordeal. SaharaReporters first released the video of the gruesome beating of the man, and the video quickly went viral. In the video, a female cadet from the Nigerian Defense Academy (NDA) in Kaduna is seen slapping, smacking and kicking the victim, with other female and male cadets soon joining her to brutalize Mr. Amari.

In an interview today, Mr. Amari told SaharaReporters that the assault took place on December 31, 2014 at the Jabi Lake Park in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital, where he serves as a parks and recreation officer. His account contradicts a claim by the Nigerian Defense Academy that the attack happened in Lagos. Mr. Amari stated that the cadets attacked and nearly killed him while he was at his duty post.

He disclosed that he was not the original victim of the violent cadets, who included two females and seven males. According to him, the cadets’ first victim was another man seen at the end of the video. He revealed that the cadets had brutalized the first victim to the extent that the man may have suffered serious brain or nerve damage.

Mr. Amari, who is fondly called “Sunny,” said the unruly cadets set upon him for fear that he might report their atrocities. He said he was carrying out his duty of moving around the park to ensure that everything was in order when he saw the nine cadets around 4 p.m. beating up a civilian. He said he walked towards the cadets and their victim out of curiosity.

According to him, the cadets then beckoned on him and asked why he was looking at them. Before he could speak, they descended on him and gave him a brutal beating even as he pleaded with them that he was a recreation officer at the park. He revealed that at least five of the cadets participated in beating him until he passed out. He said he was left for dead, adding that a kind stranger took pity on him and conveyed him to the hospital where he spent a week recuperating from his serious injuries.

Mr. Amari, who hails from Opoko local government area of Benue State, said he had reported the assault to the cadets’ director, a retired military officer, who told him nothing could be done since his attackers were military cadets.

The Nigerian Defense Academy (NDA) in Kaduna has issued a series of tweets claiming that the assault happened in Lagos while the cadets were on break, adding that the affected cadets would be punished. The NDA did not respond to emails from SaharaReporters seeking information on the identities of the cadets who took part in the horrifying beating of Mr. Amari.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/02/06/man-brutally-beaten-nigerian-army-cadets-allegedly-complimenting-female-cadet-recounts
Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by Alexgeorgebsg(m): 6:43pm On Feb 07, 2016
Besto:

probably a sub ryt. #Onward together bro
Yes boss is a Sub Lt
Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by Alexgeorgebsg(m): 6:44pm On Feb 07, 2016
demo4ril97:
congrat on ur commission to a Sub-Lieutenant sir Onward Together!!!. And am greatful for understanding my views permission sir.
Thank you bro
Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by Excuzeme: 6:49pm On Feb 07, 2016
Lets see it this way:

Seven, useless and ego-tripping cadets (not even commissioned officers!) misbehave in Public and you all are insulting the whole Nigerian Army?

But are you not aware that there are other Seven Hundred, who have laid down their life, fighting Terrorists, that you and i may live peacefully and not be forced under the control of those blood-thirsty animals? What do you say to the same Army that produced those ones?

I think we should not mix-up things or use this avenue to score cheap points or "settle old scores" with perceived political enemies.

What those Cadets did is highly condemnable and they should be punished.

Infact, l do observe that it is "inconsequentials" like Cadets and non-commissioned Soldiers that misbehave to the Public, in most cases.
What we need to do, even by way of motion on the floor of the National Assembly is to ensure that these untrained Ediots who hope to one day become "fine officers" are educated properly on the need to respect Civilians and this should be put in their TRADOC as they go through their training.
That behaviour is a "carry-over" from the Military regime which has long been discharged to the dustbin of history.
"Military heirachy" must be informed that "respect" is reciprocal [/b]and if Student officers wont stop brutalising the civilian public, then the Public also reserve the right to defend themselves ... That itself is constitutional!

[b]As a first step, the military must start inculcating in these young chaps, that it is the worst form of COWARDICE, to be brutalizing a civilian who does not want to engage you physically, because he/she respect the Uniform (as a symbol of constituted authority), that you are wearing
!
I mean, is that all the strength a Nigerian Soldier is trained and imbibed with ... to assault a Civilian who is not fighting back? Isn't that very, very shameful to the Nigerian Army, that even a Civilian has more "self Control" that a supposedly NDA trained cadet?

Discipline used to be one of the 'core-tenets' of the military but nowadays, it seems even "Street urchins and Area Boys" showcase more discipline that the rubbish being trained and graduating from the NDA! angry angry

And FYI, these Cadets should not mistake the respect that Civilians have for the "Nigerian Army Uniform", to mean Civilians are afraid of them because when shove comes to push, Civilians can tackle them in unarmed combat..... but say for the respect for the "Uniform".

That respect is gradually been lost, some Civilians also have weapons and l hope it does not get to the point where "a civilian is forced to defend himself" from rampaging small boys in the NDA!

The Military Authority should stop shielding these cadets, it brings dishonour to the Military Command because it does not show discipline of any form.
Also, the NDA should identify and punish these Cadets as a warning to others that it does not tolerate assault of civilians, by cadets otherwise, we will urge Civilians to "band-up" and stand their ground! yes, protect yourself, even to the point of death.
better to die fighting than to be dehumanised by some Cadet who is yet to see "action" and thinks he can use civilians for "practice".

I respect the military a lot but l am also on behalf of the general citizenry, asking them to not take our respect for granted.
Power, Real power, lies with the populace... the civilians. I hope they get that into their skull.

Punish those cadets now. Make it open so that the nation is convinced that our military is not just some "group of indisciplined Banditos"

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by kushsy: 7:14pm On Feb 07, 2016
igraman:
Sincerely except he/she is armed, no soldier or police can harass me cos I will fight back even if I can't stand him, I will make sure I injure him.
I once engaged a policeman in fisticuff that I ended up bitten off is ear, after the brawl I spent some days in exile out of fear and that was all.
Them de talk if soldier, u de mention police...Wait make soldier slap you..
Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by kushsy: 7:22pm On Feb 07, 2016
During the last xmas, I wanted to use the ATM but the only one with cash had about 60 people on the cue..and I was desperate for cash as I stood wondering what to do alas,i saw them young cadet jumping down from their van,they went right to the front and asked the guy to move aside, he did..they finished n were about to leave..i made my move..Awor,i need your help..they asked the guy to move again amongst groans from the cue..i made my withdrawal feeling like a champion...ha I love them soldiers..Power..the Ability to tell a man to go Hell n he will gladly Go.

1 Like

Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by OBAGADAFFI: 8:31pm On Feb 07, 2016
kushsy:
Them de talk if soldier, u de mention police...Wait make soldier slap you..

That Soldier need to meet a Black belt holder or boxer.

If you know the politics of becoming a Cadet, you will realize that not all soldiers are physically strong.

People only respect their uniforms and fear their right to use weapons

1 Like

Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by OBAGADAFFI: 8:39pm On Feb 07, 2016
demo4ril97:
objection soldier come for peace?, 100% lies where are the Tiv guys wen d Fulanis keep brutalising and making all the villagers flee to Towns?.

Duh, go and read about Zaki-Biam.

How some soldiers were killed and the reenforcement that leveled the whole village.
Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by Sweetrolly(m): 8:42pm On Feb 07, 2016
NIGERIA IS FILLED UP WITH BUNCH OF ANIMALS IN UNIFORMS.....

BUT I DON'T BLAME THEM BECAUSE WE ARE IN A LAWLESS SOCIETY WHERE THE POOR MASSES SUFFERS EVERYTHING

1 Like

Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by jsb(m): 9:42pm On Feb 07, 2016
He did not say anything about trying to rhyme d female cadet with you are beautiful line...
Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by mikolo80: 10:22pm On Feb 07, 2016
Phizzlephizz:
We got no law in this land... we're constantly being snatched of our basic rights, this wud only make waves for 2-3weeks at most, then it dies off, then they start all over with someone else later in the future.
how many of you are willing to fight for the rights.
Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by klbakare(m): 12:59am On Feb 08, 2016
matrix199:
Is this a country?

I remember many years back in unilag at the lagoon front, a car pulled over at the creative art studio and asked for the direction to unilag guest house. The occupants were awua in their uniforms. There was a student who wore a camou short. The coconuthead officer ordered his aide to seize the short from the student. The aide called the student, and told him to remove the camou and hand it over. The guy pleaded that he wore no under-pant, but he wldn't listen. The aide came down with his horse whip. The guy was in a dilemma. Should he obey and hand over the camou and go naked in full view of the public, or continue pleading. At that point, my avengers and I, who usually come to the front to calm our nerves with u know, had to come to his rescue. We confronted the soldiers and told them, ordinarily, if they weren't in their uniform, they would have been floating in the lagoon. But because of the fact they are properties of the government, we'll kindly enlighten them that a university is like a mini country inside a macro country. It has a head and a parliament. It has constitutions as well. You can't come in here ordering a student to pull off his short(whether it's a camou or not). Maybe when he leaves the school environment, then u can abuse the power vested upon you by the authority(not that you're individually powerful). Well, they had no choice than to let him go becos they cld perceive the C.sativa and C.indica smell from us, and realised we're not ordinary students, not with tinted eyes.

Now I ask again, is this a country?

===============================

I don't knw if u remember some ladies who sold, or stil sell, provisions at the lagoon front... Iya bobo, auntie oyinbo, with one other lady with a cute son. They joined the guy in begging the soldiers. The soldiers threatened to spew their provisions on the ground if they don't keep shut. That was what angered me and my H.M. We were ready to w**te these chickens in military attires if they were adamant to let him go.

Let me tell u the truth, I only pretend to love this country. I'm getting tired of pretending. Our own president cld go to UK brandishing us as criminals, or having the propensity to commit crimes in other nations. Isn't it senseless.?!

Isn't it senseless we're being led by illiterates with no civic education?!

The day I realised Nigeria is not a country, was the day I saw fulani herdsmen leading their cattle along major roads in abuja, when I went for posting. Motorists were patiently driving behind the herds. I saw it happen thrice, and they say we're a developing nation. We're just developing backwards!

bruv, i feel your pain. buhari was the best shot we had at the presidency. and about the herds men, do you know this government is now ready to provide grazing land for those mofos with our money and the herdsmen will still sell the cattle to us at normal rate? the government does not have good advisers.
Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by Guyman02: 9:09am On Feb 08, 2016
Fongido:
I'm a Cadet though not NDA cadet. you can play with a certified military man but don't try it with cadets. they're not friendly at all. if they remember what they pass through in school Mehn you are dead. The worst part of it is for you to try them when they're in group

No be joblessness force you to go join Cadet? Why put your frustration on another frustrated Nigerian like the youngman beaten who is a 'security guard' like the cadets are trained to become to security guards though at a different level.
Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by Savigne(f): 9:38pm On Feb 08, 2016
Chazzyboy:
is that u
Yes its me...
Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by Chazzyboy: 12:49am On Feb 09, 2016
Savigne:
Yes its me...
u too much
Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by Abbey3443(m): 1:42am On Feb 09, 2016
I just watched the video, the guy was actually hit 41 times just for complementing that she's beautiful? Men.... I weep for my country o, we are so lawless, may God help us sha. embarassed embarassed
Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by Chazzyboy: 5:21pm On Feb 09, 2016
Savigne:
Yes its me...
I love u
Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by kobabe(m): 8:55am On Feb 28, 2016
What she said.

you bastard u ar doughing my slap.
Ar u a bastard
raise ur face up
clean dat blood
remove ur shirt nd clean dat blood
u tink u can bleed.
if i bleed u will run.
she slap nd kick him brutally.
her slap was not even painful. it was d unxpected slap he got from d other army guys from behind dat was painful.
he was like aaahhhh. aaaaahhhhh
If i was d guy i wuld hv stand up nd start running.
Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by nwadiuko1(m): 9:14am On Feb 28, 2016
legaxi:

Not just the girl but all those guys too, take them out individually is the best way to resolve this issue.
the guy see dull.......na to plank person there since them no carry guns
Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by dav73(m): 9:23am On Feb 28, 2016
God help them say no be group of barrack boys them dey beat! Na only boys way no grow for barracks dey fear dis pro active cadets! Which kind wahala e for no good!
Re: Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal by KingAzubuike(f): 3:53pm On Apr 23, 2020
Fongido:
I'm a Cadet though not NDA cadet. you can play with a certified military man but don't try it with cadets. they're not friendly at all. if they remember what they pass through in school Mehn you are dead. The worst part of it is for you to try them when they're in group
Make Dem go try am in rugged places for warri, portharcourt or Lagos and see if they'll live to tell the tale.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Confusion As Uzodinma & Uche Nwosu Receive INEC Forms As APC Candidates (Photos) / 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East / Biafran Leader Nnamdi Kanu: The Man Behind Nigeria's Separatists - BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.